Accenture Senior Analyst Interview Questions

Updated Dec 23, 2014
Updated Dec 23, 2014

Senior Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Accenture (Boston, MA).

Interview

Round 1. Phone Interview with recruiter (30 Mins). Behavioral and background questions. Very straight forward, I got asked things like why did I want to leave my current job, why Accenture, Tell me about your time in college, etc.
Round 2. Phone call with HR Manager (1 hour). Fit and behavioral questions. Got a few scenarios and how I would address them such as if I have had an issue with a manager or how to tell someone more experienced they are doing something wrong.
Round 3. Orientation at the office and interview with 2 managers. Some case questions plus behavioral. I hear that if you make it to this point you pretty much have to be a nut job to get an offer.

Round 3 was Friday. I got an offer on Monday and negotiated via email. I got a little fancy and sent a detailed report explaining why I deserved 10k more in base and a little more bonus with graphs and demographic information. It was probably overkill. The recruiter replied with a sarcastic praise for all my efforts and raised the offer by 3k and said she simply couldn't go higher because it was the max for my level. She did not raise the bonus. I accepted and the start date was 1.5 months later.

Interview Questions

• Every question was straight forward. Nothing stood out.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I negotiated via email and got 3k more.

Other Interview Reviews for Accenture

Senior Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Accenture (Houston, TX) in October 2014.

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter with Accenture regarding opportunities with their People and Change group. I had an initial screen with the recruiter on a Monday (general overview), the phone interview on Wed (case), and the Final interview on Friday (personality interview, case). On Friday I was told I would be moving forward and to be prepared for a verbal offer. That following Monday, I recieved my verbal. After accepting the offer, I went through a background check through HireRight. Very straightforward - you give them the information, they call the numbers. Pretty painless. Two days after starting the background check, I recieved my written offer which I accepted.

Honestly, the best interviewing experience I have ever been through. Very fast, very professional.

Interview Questions

• The entire intervew process was cake. Have questions prepared. I had 15 questions ready to ask.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I was able to negotiate a signing bonus. Always negotiate. The worst they can say is no. Trust me, you're not breaking their bank. The house always wins.

Senior Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Accenture (Chicago, IL) in August 2014.

Interview

I had an employee referral so they are required to reply in a timely manor. After I applied it took about a week for them to contact me to set up a screening interview. I told the recruiter during the screening interview that I had been talking to other employers so they sped the process up for me and I had the next two interviews (behavioral and skills) a few days after. Mine were on the same day which was pretty exhausting so if you can avoid doing that I would. Once I found out I had passed those the confirming interview was the next week, so the entire interview process took a total of 8 days. I found out I passed the confirming interview within hours. BE SURE TO SEND FOLLOW UP EMAILS FOR EACH PROCESS!!! If you do not have emails ask the recruiter to forward them for you.

After the interviews there was a lot of back and fourth with my recruiter about "next steps", setting up negotiation, preparing for background check, etc. This took about two weeks but the background check only took 2 days once they finally started it. It will go fast if you inform all of your employee references- I was told confirming information with them is usually the reason for a background check to take awhile.

The entire process was lengthy but there were no tricks.

Interview Questions

• Screening (phone): Nothing unexpected. Have a lot of questions prepared. My experience was more of a conversation.

Behavioral (phone): The HR person I interviewed with was incredibly nice. I was asked about 4 question (I was told they were catered to my position and previous experience).
      -How did you build a relationship with someone you have worked with?
      -Tell me about a time you had a conflict in regard to a work situation.
      -Tell me about a specific incidence in which you felt stressed at work.
      I can't remember the last one.

Skills (phone): Again, it was more of a conversation. A department manager and I just did a run-through of my resume and she had some specific questions. There were no curveballs, the most difficult questions were "what inspires you?" and "tell me about a time you had to defend your work."

Confirming (in person): If you make it to this point you are pretty much in. My experience was super casual (but don't assume yours will be). Be prepared to answer questions like "what do you value most in a career?" "why accenture?" and "what type of environments do you work best in?" Most likely they already know you have answered similar questions with the recruiter in the screening interview but want to know that you carry yourself well in "stressful" situations. If you cannot handle a face-to-face interview how can they be sure you can handle client meetings?

1 Answer

Negotiation

Mine wasn't much of a process because up front they told me they would offer me what I asked. I now know I low-balled myself so make sure you do your research and understand the title of the position you are applying for.

Senior Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Accenture (Washington, DC) in March 2012.

Interview

Phone Screen interview(Round 1)- Basic walk me through your resume make sure this isn't a crazy person or underqualified person
    1:1 phone interview(Round 2)- Basic tell me about your strengths weaknesses etc etc
    1:1 phone interview(Round 3)- Case study, super simple logic. Company x is currently supplying y to z companies, this is the system they use now, how would you improve it? What would the advantages to your strategy be? (This interview gets you hired into the company)
    1:1 phone interview(Round 4)- Confirming qualifications for the specific role I was hired into
    1:1 In person interview- Making sure i'm a fit for the office. very straightforward, talked about football the whole time, minimal discussion about my actual resume etc. (This interview gets you the pay check)

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Negotiated for 2k more a year and from 0 signing bonus to 5k signing bonus.

Senior Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Accenture.

Interview

My friend referred me for this job post to her manager and that is how I got an interview call. My first round was with the Training manager. It was for around 20 mins. The second round was with the training head via a video interview. It was for around 15mins. The third round was with another training manager and it lasted for 20 mins. The fourth round was with the HR recruiter for salary negotiation.

Interview Questions

• How many triphthongs are there in phonetics and how many voiced and voiceless phonemes.   1 Answer

The interviewer was extremely rude. She had zero interviewing skills. For not answering just one question, she remarked that I goofed up. Her choice of words were unprofessional. I was not happy with the package offered and the way I was treated. The interviewer put down the reputation of the previous employers I had worked with. This is the worst interview I have ever attended in life.

Senior Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Accenture (Pune (India)) in November 2014.

Interview

It was just one round of telephonic interview followed by a HR round.Overall difficulty was moderate.As i was serving notice period the overall process was expedited and hassle free.The pay offered by accenture too was better than most of the companies.HR was really good to be approached and seeking clarity .

Interview Questions

• Mostly scenario based questions were asked which had moderate difficulty level   Answer Question

Negotiation

Accenture has variable pay nearly 15% of total so the fixed pay can be negotiated.Company really has good pay offerings

Senior Analyst Interview

Interview

3 rounds. 2 technical and one HR. Pretty easy basic technical questions. They just focus on basic questions and ask about your own approach of coding. HR round is to test your communication skills.

Interview Questions

• How to handle tough people in your team?
      How to handle clients in term of dead lines..

Answer Question

Senior Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Accenture (Bangalore (India)) in September 2014.

Interview

3 rounds, initial round to assess skill sets, technical discussion, hr discussion, offer discussion . Technical round was main was based on the process of the DW project. A senior manager took it on phone in accenture's office.

Senior Analyst Interview

Interview

3 round of interview,many questions asked..after all you are 3+ years exp.
    they will asked you related to your technical skill and you have to give them proper answer to proceed to next level

Negotiation

got the expectation

Senior Analyst Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Accenture (Bangalore (India)) in January 2014.

Interview

It was clean and good but lengthy process. It took 3 months to complete.