Accenture

Updated Oct 24, 2014

3.1

37 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Senior Consultant Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Accenture in February 2014.

The interview's were fairly straight forward.
Consisted of 4 interview: 1st with recruiter (phone). Make him your friend as he can give you hints/strategies/even pay range. 2nd (phone) was with my potential manager and his boss. Mostly background, experience, and skill set questions. 3rd (phone) was with another manager. More skill and technical questions and how I would relate to this position. 4th and final was a circle-back via video conference. Be aggressive and ask for the sale. At least you won't be sitting and wondering for the next week if you have to position or not.

My advice is to do your research on whatever space you will be in. Also, since this is a monster of a company, be sure to ask questions on the specificities of your role. Travel, verticals, etc... Good luck!!

Interview Questions
  • No case studies for my position.
    "What experiences you've had will help you in a room full of executives"
      View Answer
I did some pre-negotiating before the offer, they sent exactly what I asked for and I accepted. I have heard there is sometimes room for negotiating but I was happy with what I was offered.

Other Interview Reviews for Accenture

Senior Consultant Interview

It was a great experience I loved it they were very nice to me and made me feel very welocome in the process

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Accenture in November 2011.

3 total interviews. 2 over the phone and 1 face to face. The first 2 were a mix of behavioral questions with problem solving questions as well. Definitely be ready to explain a complex problem and how you have figured out a solution for it. The third interview was just a formaility. If you get past the first 2 you are pretty much locked in to get an offer.

Interview Questions
    • What was the most difficult problem you had to overcome on a project? What was your solution? Was it a success?   Answer Question
    Pretty simple. I gave the celing based on the market and I got what I wanted. Definitely ask for a sign on bonus.

Senior Consultant Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Accenture in February 2010.

easy process and very detailed questions with 3 round of interviews and after that final offer.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

The process took a dayinterviewed at Accenture in December 2009.

The interview consisted of a case interview along with a fit interview. The fit interview was good, but the case that was given was ridiculously esoteric. It seemed like the guy just made the case up on the spot, and it was presented poorly. If there had been 2 case interviews, or if the guy had stuck to something a little more traditional, it would have been better to assess the competency of individuals.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Accenture in August 2008.

To begin the hiring process, a candidate submits CV on Accenture career site. There are 3 rounds of interview. First, an HR staff will conduct a telephone interview, asking information on your CV. So, know your CV. Second, you will enter an office interview with 3 interviewers. Be prepared to communicate your assets and skills pertaining to the job

Interview Questions
    • The interviewer may ask technical questions. My recommendation is to answer honestly but demonstrating your capability to learn and adapt to new environment, which is the ground for all business consulting   Answer Question
    Ask for $5K to $10K higher than the proposed offer. Ask for month at level

Anonymous Interview Candidate in McLean, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in McLean, VA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Accenture in February 2008.

It was a telephonic interview followed by the 1:1 meeting with the Sr. Manager and then the Group Head. The meetings were really comfortable and mainly discussed my prior work experience and projects. Salary negotiation was done at the Group Head level.

Senior Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dublin, Dublin (Ireland)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dublin, Dublin (Ireland)

I applied online. The process took 5+ monthsinterviewed at Accenture.

The hiring process was terrible! The recruiter was disorganised and seemed to have no idea about the market value that other companies are paying. Salary expectations where discussed early and I went through 4 long drawn out interviews and was offered a salary over a 1/3rd less of what I am currently being paid.
    Accenture offered a role similar to a graduate position, I have been in the industry for nearly 10 years and they knew this from the beginning of the interview process.
    The length of time between each interview was on average 5-6 weeks. For the Senior MD interview I got the impression the Senior MD hadn't seen my CV or even knew anything about my role/me. Awful interview experience as a whole - the wasted my time and their own.

Interview Questions
    • I was given a 'technical' case study, asked to read and then make recommendations.
      The case study was simple and more business focused rather than 'technical'.
      However, I had contacted the recruiter in advance asking about the format of the interview and was not given a response despite trying several times. The 'technical' case study was a surprise on the day.... however it wasn't difficult.
        Answer Question

Unrealistic entry level, salary offer (over a 3rd less than my current salary), recruitment process, MD interview (appeared to be uninterested, hadn't read my CV etc etc)
    Overall the whole process was a waste of time. Very disappointed by their whole approach to new talent and the digital industry and the offer that was made. I expected more from Accenture and was excited about the position and the chance to work there but in hindsight I had a lucky escape.

Senior Consultant Interview

interview was very fair and was one hour long. simple question not very technical. was the last interview with a partner. not very difficult

Senior Consultant Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Accenture in March 2014.

good and very good. excellent interview

Work culture is negative. Team bonding is missing. People work in Silos, No leadership among management, do not know even how to talk, No training, Learn on your own is the only mantra!! Employee retention is worst, not even open to improvements and suggestions. Always have excuse, rejection or "my way is right" as an answer.