Accenture

Average Difficulty
36 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Senior Consultant

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Accenture in February 2014.

Interview Details – The interview's were fairly straight forward.
Consisted of 4 interview: 1st with recruiter (phone). Make him your friend as he can give you hints/strategies/even pay range. 2nd (phone) was with my potential manager and his boss. Mostly background, experience, and skill set questions. 3rd (phone) was with another manager. More skill and technical questions and how I would relate to this position. 4th and final was a circle-back via video conference. Be aggressive and ask for the sale. At least you won't be sitting and wondering for the next week if you have to position or not.

My advice is to do your research on whatever space you will be in. Also, since this is a monster of a company, be sure to ask questions on the specificities of your role. Travel, verticals, etc... Good luck!!

Interview Question – No case studies for my position.
"What experiences you've had will help you in a room full of executives"
  View Answer

Negotiation Details – I did some pre-negotiating before the offer, they sent exactly what I asked for and I accepted. I have heard there is sometimes room for negotiating but I was happy with what I was offered.

Senior Consultant

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Accenture in February 2010.

Interview Details – easy process and very detailed questions with 3 round of interviews and after that final offer.

Interview Question – technical questions   Answer Question

Interviewed at Accenture

Interview Details – It was a great experience I loved it they were very nice to me and made me feel very welocome in the process

New York, NY

I applied online and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Accenture in August 2008.

Interview Details – To begin the hiring process, a candidate submits CV on Accenture career site. There are 3 rounds of interview. First, an HR staff will conduct a telephone interview, asking information on your CV. So, know your CV. Second, you will enter an office interview with 3 interviewers. Be prepared to communicate your assets and skills pertaining to the job

Interview Question – The interviewer may ask technical questions. My recommendation is to answer honestly but demonstrating your capability to learn and adapt to new environment, which is the ground for all business consulting   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Ask for $5K to $10K higher than the proposed offer. Ask for month at level

Chicago, IL

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Accenture in November 2011.

Interview Details – 3 total interviews. 2 over the phone and 1 face to face. The first 2 were a mix of behavioral questions with problem solving questions as well. Definitely be ready to explain a complex problem and how you have figured out a solution for it. The third interview was just a formaility. If you get past the first 2 you are pretty much locked in to get an offer.

Interview Question – What was the most difficult problem you had to overcome on a project? What was your solution? Was it a success?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Pretty simple. I gave the celing based on the market and I got what I wanted. Definitely ask for a sign on bonus.

McLean, VA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Accenture in February 2008.

Interview Details – It was a telephonic interview followed by the 1:1 meeting with the Sr. Manager and then the Group Head. The meetings were really comfortable and mainly discussed my prior work experience and projects. Salary negotiation was done at the Group Head level.

Chicago, IL

The process took a day - interviewed at Accenture in December 2009.

Interview Details – The interview consisted of a case interview along with a fit interview. The fit interview was good, but the case that was given was ridiculously esoteric. It seemed like the guy just made the case up on the spot, and it was presented poorly. If there had been 2 case interviews, or if the guy had stuck to something a little more traditional, it would have been better to assess the competency of individuals.

Interview Question – Why would you want to work at a competing firm?   View Answers (2)

Dublin, Dublin (Ireland)

I applied online and the process took 5 months - interviewed at Accenture.

Interview Details – The hiring process was terrible! The recruiter was disorganised and seemed to have no idea about the market value that other companies are paying. Salary expectations where discussed early and I went through 4 long drawn out interviews and was offered a salary over a 1/3rd less of what I am currently being paid.
Accenture offered a role similar to a graduate position, I have been in the industry for nearly 10 years and they knew this from the beginning of the interview process.
The length of time between each interview was on average 5-6 weeks. For the Senior MD interview I got the impression the Senior MD hadn't seen my CV or even knew anything about my role/me. Awful interview experience as a whole - the wasted my time and their own.

Interview Question – I was given a 'technical' case study, asked to read and then make recommendations.
The case study was simple and more business focused rather than 'technical'.
However, I had contacted the recruiter in advance asking about the format of the interview and was not given a response despite trying several times. The 'technical' case study was a surprise on the day.... however it wasn't difficult.
  Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Unrealistic entry level, salary offer (over a 3rd less than my current salary), recruitment process, MD interview (appeared to be uninterested, hadn't read my CV etc etc)
Overall the whole process was a waste of time. Very disappointed by their whole approach to new talent and the digital industry and the offer that was made. I expected more from Accenture and was excited about the position and the chance to work there but in hindsight I had a lucky escape.

Interviewed at Accenture

Interview Details – interview was very fair and was one hour long. simple question not very technical. was the last interview with a partner. not very difficult

Interview Question – business case   Answer Question

Moscow (Russia)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Accenture in April 2010.

Interview Details – hiring process took over 2 months in total. HR interview was pretty basic and very easy to go through, general questions about my motivation and then we switched to english for a minute. Then 3 interviews with Seniour managers, I was lucky to have them all in one day, the interviews were 15 minutes each, 2 - business cases and 1 - general mostly focused on my motivation.

Interview Question – Was not difficult at all, you need to be an expert in your industry + have a strong CV - this is 90% of success.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – exchanged few emails, and they offered a cellphone, that was not initially in the package, + when i already accepted the offer, they paid a good welcome bonus, which was a pleasant surprise.

Worked for Accenture? Contribute to the Community!