Accenture Senior Manager Interview Questions

Updated Sep 3, 2014

3.2

37 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Senior Manager Interview

I applied through college or university - interviewed at Accenture.

The interview process is consistent of the following steps:
1: College interview (new hire) or application on Accenture's career site
2: Phone interviews (1 to many - as needed)
3: Office visit interview
4: Acceptance phone/letter
5: After acceptance, orientation

Other Interview Reviews for Accenture

Senior Manager Interview

It's detailed and gives you a good insight into role, co. and expectations. You can ask questions and clarify growth path. Also discuss location, overall HR is flexible but if it's project specific requirements location will be fixed

Senior Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 8 months - interviewed at Accenture.

Basically 3-4 calls:1-2 filtering interviews to test your technical fitness; 1-2 HR situational interviews to make sure you are OK to hire, and 1-2 calls with hiring manager to interview you or just to say hi and provide next steps.

Interview Questions
    • Describe most difficult situation with a client problem and how did you handle it - what was the outcome?   Answer Question
    Pretty short - they provided a number, I gave mine, and then we discussed why my number was higher - and they agreed without hesitation. I should have asked for more ...

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Accenture in March 2010.

There is no relevant question for the job you will be doing

Horrible

Senior Manager Interview

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Accenture.

5 phone interviews and 1 video interview over the course of 2 months

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time that you worked really hard for a period of time (day) or over a long period of time and why. What were the details surrounding the reason.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Chicago, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 months - interviewed at Accenture in June 2010.

Five rounds of interviews; a combination of behavioral, situation and problem solving. One face to face interview.

Interview Questions
    • Do you have any professional regrets? If so, what is it and what would you do differently?   Answer Question
    Short and sweet. They were more flexible on the signing bonus.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  San Francisco, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Accenture in November 2013.

Long arduous process, but glad to see they do this. I spent about a month in various trial discussions and meetings, and traveled to two offices. I cannot say that I was a normal hire at all. I specialize in healthcare and education compliance and so the job I was applying for was very very specialized, something I don't get to do in my current company. Overall i went through interviews, case studies, lunch meetings, client situation discussions, etc.

Interview Questions
    • What's the impending impact of the California Labor Board change to the HR resources model.   Answer Question

Location, comp, a few questionable issues I had with their size.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks - interviewed at Accenture.

went through 10 interviews both on Industry and business side. Not good communications between the two groups.

None

Senior Manager Interview

I applied through a recruiter - interviewed at Accenture.

Two phone screening interviews initially before proceeding to next step. Each phone interview was different. One interview was largely case study based and looked for transparency in thought process. The other was largely behavioral and looked for how I behaved in response to certain situations. In the case study interview, questions revolved around certain client situations and business challenges and looked for how I would respond to difficult questions and challenges from the client. In the other interview, the questions revolved around management challenges such as poorly performing staff on projects and how I handled those situations.

Interview Questions
    • What would you do if the CIO asked you for advice on how to keep up with a rapid growth through acquisition business   Answer Question

Senior Manager Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Accenture in October 2010.

The Accenture interview process is lengthy and detailed, but all the representatives of the company were up-front about it and I knew from the start that it would take about 4-6 weeks to complete (if all went well and I passed each round). I proceeded through a set of phone interviews -- first background, then technical, then consulting / managerial. The final interviews were face-to-face on-site -- detailed and difficult but not unreasonable or unfair.

I was impressed by the interview process. I liked the all the people I met, and everyone struck me as sound personally (nice people), sound technically and committed to the company and to doing good work. There were no "trick" questions -- they covered reasonable background from my resume, and extended to questions that someone with that background should reasonably know.

The best part of the interview process was not that Accenture got to know about me -- they did, or course -- but that I got a much better sense of Accenture. I came away with the sense that these were good, smart people who believed in what they were doing and worked hard. This was the right impression, and I appreciated and genuinely enjoyed everyone I met with the company.

Interview Questions
    • The most unusual step was a writing question. I was asked to describe the technical architecture and design decisions for a web application, and to complete the write-up in an hour.   View Answer
    I received a good and fair offer, and the only negotiation was to determine the best start date.

Worked for Accenture? Contribute to the Community!