Accenture

Average Difficulty
35 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Senior Manager

I applied online and the process took 8 months - interviewed at Accenture.

Interview Details – Basically 3-4 calls:1-2 filtering interviews to test your technical fitness; 1-2 HR situational interviews to make sure you are OK to hire, and 1-2 calls with hiring manager to interview you or just to say hi and provide next steps.

Interview Question – Describe most difficult situation with a client problem and how did you handle it - what was the outcome?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Pretty short - they provided a number, I gave mine, and then we discussed why my number was higher - and they agreed without hesitation. I should have asked for more ...

New York, NY

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Accenture in March 2010.

Interview Details – There is no relevant question for the job you will be doing

Interview Question – Everything was insane   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Horrible

Senior Manager

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Accenture.

Interview Details – 5 phone interviews and 1 video interview over the course of 2 months

Interview Question – Tell me about a time that you worked really hard for a period of time (day) or over a long period of time and why. What were the details surrounding the reason.   Answer Question

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Chicago, IL

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Accenture in June 2010.

Interview Details – Five rounds of interviews; a combination of behavioral, situation and problem solving. One face to face interview.

Interview Question – Do you have any professional regrets? If so, what is it and what would you do differently?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Short and sweet. They were more flexible on the signing bonus.

San Francisco, CA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Accenture in November 2013.

Interview Details – Long arduous process, but glad to see they do this. I spent about a month in various trial discussions and meetings, and traveled to two offices. I cannot say that I was a normal hire at all. I specialize in healthcare and education compliance and so the job I was applying for was very very specialized, something I don't get to do in my current company. Overall i went through interviews, case studies, lunch meetings, client situation discussions, etc.

Interview Question – What's the impending impact of the California Labor Board change to the HR resources model.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Location, comp, a few questionable issues I had with their size.

New York, NY

I applied online and the process took 5 weeks - interviewed at Accenture.

Interview Details – went through 10 interviews both on Industry and business side. Not good communications between the two groups.

Interview Question – Explain how you would handle a project not performing   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – None

Senior Manager

I applied through a recruiter and interviewed at Accenture.

Interview Details – Two phone screening interviews initially before proceeding to next step. Each phone interview was different. One interview was largely case study based and looked for transparency in thought process. The other was largely behavioral and looked for how I behaved in response to certain situations. In the case study interview, questions revolved around certain client situations and business challenges and looked for how I would respond to difficult questions and challenges from the client. In the other interview, the questions revolved around management challenges such as poorly performing staff on projects and how I handled those situations.

Interview Question – What would you do if the CIO asked you for advice on how to keep up with a rapid growth through acquisition business   Answer Question

Senior Manager

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Accenture in October 2010.

Interview Details – The Accenture interview process is lengthy and detailed, but all the representatives of the company were up-front about it and I knew from the start that it would take about 4-6 weeks to complete (if all went well and I passed each round). I proceeded through a set of phone interviews -- first background, then technical, then consulting / managerial. The final interviews were face-to-face on-site -- detailed and difficult but not unreasonable or unfair.

I was impressed by the interview process. I liked the all the people I met, and everyone struck me as sound personally (nice people), sound technically and committed to the company and to doing good work. There were no "trick" questions -- they covered reasonable background from my resume, and extended to questions that someone with that background should reasonably know.

The best part of the interview process was not that Accenture got to know about me -- they did, or course -- but that I got a much better sense of Accenture. I came away with the sense that these were good, smart people who believed in what they were doing and worked hard. This was the right impression, and I appreciated and genuinely enjoyed everyone I met with the company.

Interview Question – The most unusual step was a writing question. I was asked to describe the technical architecture and design decisions for a web application, and to complete the write-up in an hour.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I received a good and fair offer, and the only negotiation was to determine the best start date.

Reston, VA

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Accenture in October 2009.

Interview Details – Accenture used to use several rounds of interviews (I had 7). We've since cut the process down to 2-4 interviews. You generally meet with a screener (phone) and then 2-3 executives who would be in your functional or market leadership chain.

Interview Question – Tell me about a time when you had a boss who made a decision with which you disagreed.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation :-)

Cleveland, OH

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Accenture in June 2009.

Interview Details – It is a very extensive process which include 4-5 interviews. Typically they know what they are looking for and you will be able to tell fairly quickly if you don't fit the mold. Expect to talk to multiple people across a variety of topics both technical and interpersonal. At this level it is much focused on you involvement directly with client executives and your specific contributions in previous positions.

Interview Question – How long can you commit to staying with Accenture? Would you consider offers from competitors within the fist three years of being hired?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I used Glassdoor to set a target early in the process and they met it.

Interviews for Top Jobs at Accenture

Worked for Accenture? Contribute to the Community!

Accenture – Why Work for Us?

Join a global management consulting, technology services and outsourcing company, with approximately 289,000 people serving clients in more than 120 countries. The sheer scale of Accenture’s capabilities and client… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Accenture Senior Manager interview questions and advice. All 35 interview reviews posted anonymously by Accenture employees and interview candidates.