Accenture

Updated Feb 20, 2015
Updated Feb 20, 2015

2.9

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Accenture in June 2014.

interview process consist of 2 telephonic and 1 face to face round which was easy if you have properly worked on your projects.Hiring process is the worst i have seen in such a large MNC,it took 2 months to process application and generate offer letter.i had to call and mail around 20 times and was waiting for reply from Accenture.

Interview Questions
No negotiations happened ,just accept the offer if your in urgent need of working in accenture else they wunt get back to you saying candidate rejected offer.

Other Interview Reviews for Accenture

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mumbai (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mumbai (India)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Accenture.

Overall interview is good and working experience is also good, Total no. of interview in Accenture is two , One for Technical round and other will be for HR round,

Hr Phase

Senior Software Engineer Interview

It was good.too many people were there.since it was to rush.i had only telephonic interview and after that I got offer letter within few days.I am not sure whether to accept or reject offer as too many people hired without having detail interview and if they fire after few months.

Interview Questions
    • Only telephonic interview has happened and got selected   Answer Question

Senior Software Engineer Interview

I applied through a staffing agency – interviewed at Accenture.

My interview was smooth. initial round of discussion with leads. final round with project head.
    total 2 rounds

Interview Questions
    • There was no difficult situation i faced. only when fumbled with some words.   Answer Question

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hyderābād (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hyderābād (India)

I applied through a staffing agency – interviewed at Accenture in March 2014.

3 rounds screening,tech hr
    tech Manger will take.Hr round is just a salary discussion and Technical is very tough.if you are technically not sound you wont ab make it.
    process is smooth it takes 1 week joining bonus is there

not any

Senior Software Engineer Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Accenture.

Note that Accenture hiring can take quite a while -- in my case, about five months (!).

Accenture engineers go through several interviews: the initial recruitment interview to verify information in the CV, a "behavioural" interview by HR to ferret out "nutcases" ;-), a primary technical interview by the hiring team (which includes the team leader and another team member) -- this is usually a face-to-face interview. The first two interviews are usually over the phone.

After candidates pass the first interviews, they go through client interviews, i.e. Accenture's clients get to screen candidates. This is not the case for all Accenture projects, though -- only for clients with specific requirements. For managed services, Accenture handles the whole screening process.

There are usually three client interviews, again depending on the requirements, with varying -- and most of the time, increasing -- levels of difficulties. These interviews are done over the phone as the clients are usually off-shore. There are instances that Accenture flies in the clients to screen candidates.

Interview Questions
    • Most interview questions are par for the course, but depends on the particular skill sets that the clients require. For example, for Unix engineers, questions range from simple system calls (what system call is used to describe a file?) to performance tuning parameters. Sometimes, candidates are asked to code -- pseudo-code will do -- in Perl or Bash, or whatever the candidate is more adept at (example: how do you rename a bunch of files?)

There are no "difficult" questions, per se. As long as the candidates can illustrate their thought processes, and how they arrived at their solution, they're golden.

Answer Question
    Accenture uses a "country index" to set a baseline salary. I negotiated for a 150% increase from my current salary, and we were able to meet at around 100%. They will also throw in a "signing bonus" to entice you -- note that this is *not* tax-free, and is covered by a bond (you have to stay with the company for at least a year).

My advice: know the current industry rates, increase that to about 100% and negotiate from that position. Works every time, at least for me.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Accenture.

Telephonic

HR Round

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mumbai (India)
    Anonymous Employee in Mumbai (India)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Accenture.

Call from HR

Interview Questions
    • I will place you anywhere even though this position is for Mumbai. I will not give you Mumbai location   View Answer

Company HR is not sure about for which location employees are needed

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bangalore (India)
    Anonymous Employee in Bangalore (India)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Accenture in October 2013.

I applied through consultancy..
    1. first round technical - telephonic interview. on Spring and Hibernate
    2. second round HR- telephonic round. salary negotiation.
    3. Managerial Round- About project and work culture.

I cleared all the interview rounds.. but they kept hold my offer. they are not even responding properly, to mails. Most bitter experience i ever had. Not able to pay well.

They prolong ... interview process. utter waste company. poor HR co ordination.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Contacted by Accenture HR team and then the interview got scheduled during a weekend. I has clearly mentioned that I am a core java / hibernate guy but was ushered into a room with J2EE manager. My experience was 59 months, so he started discussing whether I will be eligible for SSE role of SA role. Asked questions related to singleton pattern and why the first if condition was there to check value of _instance. Asked me about the type of statements in java..