Accenture Senior Software Engineer Interview Questions

Updated Apr 26, 2015

2.9

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Accenture in August 2014.

Interview

Process is going on for last two months :) . Worst experience I ever had in an interview process.

1- One telephonic round. The person didn't call me on the scheduled day. Next day he called me when I am in the middle of some work saying he forgot to call me yesterday . Still I gave the interview.
It was a poor jsp servlet interview. looks like they don't have any work on new techs.

2- After this nightmare they told me to submit the documents. I did that boring lengthy process of submitting n number of docs.

3- No response after that for few weeks.

4- They again called me to submit the docs,I said I already did that but they said they haven't received any. I submitted the docs again. no response after that.

5- This infinite loop is going on for last 3 months. :)

They are highly unprofessional and irritating.

Interview Questions

• They are still living in jsp servlet world . so don't expect any new technology related question from them.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Accenture

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hyderābād (India)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Accenture (Hyderābād (India)) in July 2014.

Interview

I was contacted by SourceOne consultancy for the recruitment. The process started in June and took till August end. 1 Technical +1 HR round is all what i faced. The technical interview was done online in the month of July and the interviewer only asked basic questions.

The next round was HR round which was conducted in August ,they negotiated with Salary and asked about Joining date.

After 2 days I received an Offer and the position they provided was Software Engineer which i did not accepted as I was promised the role of Senior Software Engineer

Interview Questions

Offered a junior position and when asked the HR replied that I have scored low in my technical interview and thus I am offered a lower position

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pune (India)

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Accenture (Pune (India)) in July 2014.

Interview

hiring include 1 technical telephonic round and then interview with manger or above then HR. negotiation based on no of years of experiencehiring include 1 technical telephonic round and then interview with manger or above then HR. negotiation based on no of years of experience

Negotiation

not much

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Accenture (Bangalore (India)) in June 2014.

Interview

interview process consist of 2 telephonic and 1 face to face round which was easy if you have properly worked on your projects.Hiring process is the worst i have seen in such a large MNC,it took 2 months to process application and generate offer letter.i had to call and mail around 20 times and was waiting for reply from Accenture.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiations happened ,just accept the offer if your in urgent need of working in accenture else they wunt get back to you saying candidate rejected offer.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mumbai (India)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Accenture (Mumbai (India)).

Interview

Overall interview is good and working experience is also good, Total no. of interview in Accenture is two , One for Technical round and other will be for HR round,

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Hr Phase

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Interview

It was good.too many people were there.since it was to rush.i had only telephonic interview and after that I got offer letter within few days.I am not sure whether to accept or reject offer as too many people hired without having detail interview and if they fire after few months.

Interview Questions

• Only telephonic interview has happened and got selected   Answer Question

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency – interviewed at Accenture.

Interview

My interview was smooth. initial round of discussion with leads. final round with project head.
    total 2 rounds

Interview Questions

• There was no difficult situation i faced. only when fumbled with some words.   Answer Question

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hyderābād (India)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency – interviewed at Accenture (Hyderābād (India)) in March 2014.

Interview

3 rounds screening,tech hr
    tech Manger will take.Hr round is just a salary discussion and Technical is very tough.if you are technically not sound you wont ab make it.
    process is smooth it takes 1 week joining bonus is there

Negotiation

not any

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Accenture.

Interview

Note that Accenture hiring can take quite a while -- in my case, about five months (!).

Accenture engineers go through several interviews: the initial recruitment interview to verify information in the CV, a "behavioural" interview by HR to ferret out "nutcases" ;-), a primary technical interview by the hiring team (which includes the team leader and another team member) -- this is usually a face-to-face interview. The first two interviews are usually over the phone.

After candidates pass the first interviews, they go through client interviews, i.e. Accenture's clients get to screen candidates. This is not the case for all Accenture projects, though -- only for clients with specific requirements. For managed services, Accenture handles the whole screening process.

There are usually three client interviews, again depending on the requirements, with varying -- and most of the time, increasing -- levels of difficulties. These interviews are done over the phone as the clients are usually off-shore. There are instances that Accenture flies in the clients to screen candidates.

Interview Questions

• Most interview questions are par for the course, but depends on the particular skill sets that the clients require. For example, for Unix engineers, questions range from simple system calls (what system call is used to describe a file?) to performance tuning parameters. Sometimes, candidates are asked to code -- pseudo-code will do -- in Perl or Bash, or whatever the candidate is more adept at (example: how do you rename a bunch of files?)

There are no "difficult" questions, per se. As long as the candidates can illustrate their thought processes, and how they arrived at their solution, they're golden.

Answer Question

Negotiation

Accenture uses a "country index" to set a baseline salary. I negotiated for a 150% increase from my current salary, and we were able to meet at around 100%. They will also throw in a "signing bonus" to entice you -- note that this is *not* tax-free, and is covered by a bond (you have to stay with the company for at least a year).

My advice: know the current industry rates, increase that to about 100% and negotiate from that position. Works every time, at least for me.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Accenture.

Interview

Telephonic

Interview Questions

Negotiation

HR Round