Accenture

Updated Nov 28, 2014

2.9

125 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Senior Software Engineer Interview

I applied through a staffing agency – interviewed at Accenture.

My interview was smooth. initial round of discussion with leads. final round with project head.
total 2 rounds

Interview Questions
  • There was no difficult situation i faced. only when fumbled with some words.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Accenture

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hyderābād (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hyderābād (India)

I applied through a staffing agency – interviewed at Accenture in March 2014.

3 rounds screening,tech hr
    tech Manger will take.Hr round is just a salary discussion and Technical is very tough.if you are technically not sound you wont ab make it.
    process is smooth it takes 1 week joining bonus is there

not any

Senior Software Engineer Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Accenture.

Note that Accenture hiring can take quite a while -- in my case, about five months (!).

Accenture engineers go through several interviews: the initial recruitment interview to verify information in the CV, a "behavioural" interview by HR to ferret out "nutcases" ;-), a primary technical interview by the hiring team (which includes the team leader and another team member) -- this is usually a face-to-face interview. The first two interviews are usually over the phone.

After candidates pass the first interviews, they go through client interviews, i.e. Accenture's clients get to screen candidates. This is not the case for all Accenture projects, though -- only for clients with specific requirements. For managed services, Accenture handles the whole screening process.

There are usually three client interviews, again depending on the requirements, with varying -- and most of the time, increasing -- levels of difficulties. These interviews are done over the phone as the clients are usually off-shore. There are instances that Accenture flies in the clients to screen candidates.

Interview Questions
    • Most interview questions are par for the course, but depends on the particular skill sets that the clients require. For example, for Unix engineers, questions range from simple system calls (what system call is used to describe a file?) to performance tuning parameters. Sometimes, candidates are asked to code -- pseudo-code will do -- in Perl or Bash, or whatever the candidate is more adept at (example: how do you rename a bunch of files?)

There are no "difficult" questions, per se. As long as the candidates can illustrate their thought processes, and how they arrived at their solution, they're golden.

Answer Question
    Accenture uses a "country index" to set a baseline salary. I negotiated for a 150% increase from my current salary, and we were able to meet at around 100%. They will also throw in a "signing bonus" to entice you -- note that this is *not* tax-free, and is covered by a bond (you have to stay with the company for at least a year).

My advice: know the current industry rates, increase that to about 100% and negotiate from that position. Works every time, at least for me.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Accenture.

Telephonic

HR Round

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mumbai (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mumbai (India)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Accenture.

Call from HR

Interview Questions
    • I will place you anywhere even though this position is for Mumbai. I will not give you Mumbai location   View Answer

Company HR is not sure about for which location employees are needed

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Accenture in October 2013.

I applied through consultancy..
    1. first round technical - telephonic interview. on Spring and Hibernate
    2. second round HR- telephonic round. salary negotiation.
    3. Managerial Round- About project and work culture.

I cleared all the interview rounds.. but they kept hold my offer. they are not even responding properly, to mails. Most bitter experience i ever had. Not able to pay well.

They prolong ... interview process. utter waste company. poor HR co ordination.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Contacted by Accenture HR team and then the interview got scheduled during a weekend. I has clearly mentioned that I am a core java / hibernate guy but was ushered into a room with J2EE manager. My experience was 59 months, so he started discussing whether I will be eligible for SSE role of SA role. Asked questions related to singleton pattern and why the first if condition was there to check value of _instance. Asked me about the type of statements in java..

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chennai (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chennai (India)

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Accenture in September 2013.

I have applied for Open position for Java Developer through Accenture Career portal. Got call for Scheduling the Telephonic Interview. There are three rounds and atleast one to be Face-Face Inteview.
    1. Telephonic round was technical; Person asked me questions on java, ibatis, SVN and other stuff. I have checked the status in their portal at the EOD, Status has changed to “Pending HR Interview”.
    2. HR round – Telephonic: After two days, I got call from HR and asked the HR round question on spot since he told, there are no time to schedule the interview. Asked some questions like.
    Why you need change?
    Why Accenture?
    What will you do for Accenture?
    How you handle the hard time in your project?
    3. Face-to-Face Final Round: HR person scheduled the date and asked me to come to their office for Final Face-to-Face discussion. Interview goes well with all managerial related questions. I have reached the office little late due to Traffic crowd.

I thought, interview was lost that day and they don’t re-schedule the interview due to my late arrival to Interview. I have told the reason for the late and somehow convinced the Manager to start the discussion.

Lesson, I have learnt in this round. If the Interview is scheduled, then arrive at their venue 10 minutes’ earlier and plan accordingly to reach place.

After two days, HR person called me send the required documents to release the Offer letter. I have sent the document on that day, but Candidate status in the online portal still not changed. I have sent a follow-up mail to him for acknowledging the documents is received. He said, there are no documents, he got, till then. I resend the documents as separate email and asked him to check the Spam folders, since attachment size are large.

Candidate Status in the online portal, then changed to “Pending Offer”, I was eagerly waiting for offer. After two days, status goes to “On-Hold No Demand”. I have searched in several forums; all said you need to wait for few days because Accenture has Holding Pattern policy which has Pool of On-Hold Candidates.

I am still waiting for the Offer.

Interview Questions
    • Managerial Round:
      1. Why looking for change?
      2. Why Accenture?

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Excellent work environment. Nice work from home facility.
    Can have telco domain experience.NoneSalary package is substandard.
    Rigid about compensation offerings. Excellent Work culture.
    Good work life balance.
    Employee centered policies.

Interview Questions
    • Excellent work environment. Nice work from home facility.
      Can have telco domain experience.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at Accenture in August 2013.

1 techical + 1HR i have given in aug-2013,Worst HR in such a big company ..after getting selected they have not released offer letter ,when i asked for candidature status no body replied.
    I never expected this things from accenture.