Accenture

Getting the Interview

114 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

San Francisco, CA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Accenture in January 2012.

Interview Details – The hiring process consisted of one HR interview (telephonic), two technical interviews (telephonic) and one in-person interview. The process was long and confusing as the HR was mostly hard to reach and snobbish.

Interview Question – Would you be willing to travel everyday to anywhere in California?   View Answer

Reason for Declining – They processed it too slowly and did not disclose exact job location till too late.

Seattle, WA

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Accenture in February 2010.

Interview Details – It was normal interview with puzzles and brain teasers. Do prepare data structures and OO concepts.

Interview Question – What is polymorphism?   Answer Question

Pune (India)

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Accenture in January 2014.

Interview Details – I was initially called for screening , they have called me for 2 3 times , Then they scheduled after verifying my technical skills set. Then I have gone through telephonic technical round for liferay developer. Technical interviewer was very nice person, He honestly appreciated my java programming knowledge & also told I am lack in experience in liferay developer as I have experience of 8 months in liferay. Accenture have kept me on waiting list. But over all It was nice experience, & I am looking to again try at accenture.

Interview Question – Can you modify name of portal-ext.xml file name ? ;D   View Answer

Bangalore (India)

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Accenture in April 2011.

Interview Details – Interview process is not difficult and people get hired easily but there is no point in joining as there is no much project

Interview Question – No technical questions all are waste questions   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Negotiated but of no use

London, England (UK)

I applied online and the process took 7+ weeks - interviewed at Accenture in March 2014.

Interview Details – Applied online on their careers website for the Graduate scheme. Got requested to schedule a phone interview a couple of days later.

Off the top of my head I was asked the following in the phone interview:
- Describe the role of a Software Engineer at Accenture
- Describe a time when you were given a new challenge, how you approached it and what the results were
- What programming languages are you most comfortable with
- Describe a situation where you used Java
- Some admin-related questions such as are you willing to travel during the week for a client etc (mobility is an 'important part' of Accenture Technology Solutions)

And some others but you get the gist. It was pretty straight-forward and I felt quite confident throughout as I had done some part-time stuff here and there (mobile apps for startups etc). The interviewer was very nice and was not strictly formal throughout; I was able to casually lighten the mood of the conversation every once in a while by highlighting aspects of my previous experiences which I found interesting or humorous, and this was received well. The phone interview lasted about 20 minutes.

Two weeks later I received an e-mail saying I passed the phone interview, and that a member of the recruitment dept. would contact me soon to try and arrange an interview. About two days later I got a call, and the member of staff was nice but their scheduling isn't flexible. Because I wasn't available for that specific date, they had to wait and call me again at a later date. I waited about 5 days and got another call to schedule my interview for the week after.

Went up to their offices at Fenchurch St in the morning, reported at reception and got directed to the 7th floor. I was then picked up at their 7th floor reception for my technical/skills-based interview.

This lasted about an hour and was quite extensive and the interviewer was super nice and very down to earth. He'd worked at Accenture for a few years now in a variety of software-related roles and he was able to dissect exactly what I did and didn't know. The majority of the questions he asked were based on things found on my CV; specifically what aspects of my previous projects I'd worked on, what I had and hadn't done, things I would've done differently with the things I know now, and what areas of software I would like to learn if I were given the opportunity.

At times I felt pretty grilled in the sense that there were definitely things I didn't know (when it came to things like large database maintenance, software testing in broader terms and defect analysis— a term I'd heard very few times up until now), but I was honest and said I didn't know too much about those aspects in general, although I guess I had some idea.

After this interview I was taken back to reception where the same person who did my phone interview would then pick me up to do an hour-long HR/competency interview.

This was basically a repeat/extension of the phone interview. I was asked the same questions as well as some others, such as:
- Name the competitors of Accenture
- Describe a situation where you had to approach a challenge on your own
- Would you have done anything differently?
- Describe your role(s) in your university project (I had a software engineering team project at my 2nd year at university)

After this, I was taken back to reception, said good-bye etc and the interview process was over. I was told I'd be contacted within 10 working days (same as the phone interview). I was contacted the next weekday.

Interview Question – Because I come from an app development background, I thought I knew everything when it came to the technical interview. Of course, there are so many other aspects to software other than making mobile apps, many of which barely involve any programming at all. I was asked a lot of questions about these, not only what I knew about them but also what I want to learn about them. Just be open-minded, expect lots of different areas that you haven't worked on, and be honest about what you know and don't know.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No negotiation.

Interviewed at Accenture

Interview Details – There are 2 round interviews in Accenture CDC. Before the first interview there is an examination which related to the technology skills, and the first round interview is about compentency question, second interview will test your technology language, speaking language and so on.

Chennai (India)

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Accenture in January 2011.

Interview Details – I had three rounds of interview, first round was aptitude. Aptitude was quite easy, it was 50 rounds straight for two hours. The second round was Technical interview, This was very tough to me, Questions were asked on my area of interest. This interview lasted for one hour.Basic questions asked were what are data structures, explain tree structure, explain merge sort, and then basic questions on java and .net. The final interview was HR interview. It lasted for ten minutes, Bascially i was questioned about how i would approach my life when the company is in a crisis, where i would be positioning myself in next 5 years, what are my positives and negatives

Interview Question – What are my positives and negatives, i answered both but the HR asked me to give an instance as an example   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – no negotiations

Noida (India)

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Accenture in August 2013.

Interview Details – The interview panel was young but very calmed out.
Questions asked were not very difficult in level. Normal C, C++ questions, very basic codes

All the best

Interview Question – Coding on Pointers   Answer Question

Interviewed at Accenture

Interview Details – aptitude test- easy
technical round- moderate
hr-easy

Interview Question – where do you see yourself after 3 years.?   View Answer

Delhi (India)

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Accenture in December 2011.

Interview Details – 3 rounds-written paper, technical, and HR. Full day process....

Interview Question – 3 reasons why you should be hired? how are you better than rest??   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Accenture