Accenture

3.6

10 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Accenture in January 2014.

The interview process described in this post is for individuals applying to Accenture as a experienced hire.

First interview: This is a phone screen with the recruiter to discuss your qualification for the position. The recruiter will lightly go through your resume to ensure that you meet the qualifications for the position. Make sure that you know your resume well and that you can relate it back to the position you are applying too.

Second Interview: This is a Technical screen by a manager on your soon to be team. This person will be asking you about your technical background as it relates to the position. It is extremely important to be able to relate your experience back to the job description as well as be current on things occurring in that field. Use the STAR or PARADE (Victor Cheng) methodology to relate your experience. This style of answering questions is the preferred mechanism for relation information to Accenture managers. Also, Put together 3 to 5 examples of your work that you can refer back to when asked questions. You should know these scenarios like the back of your hand so you can deliver the information with ease to the interviewing manager. Answer all of the interviewing managers questions honestly and tell them when you haven't had experience in a certain area but you would love to grow your knowledge base. If your recruiter is amazing and you make it past the technical screen they will give you some tidbits on things you could approve upon before your next interview. Take this information to heart and Practice, Practice, Practice!!!

Third Interview: Consists of meeting with a Senior Manager. The senior manager will perform a behavioral interview which discusses your background in an indirect manner. The interviewer will ask you about your current project and the role you played on the team. They are looking too see if you were a leader and what type of activities you have completed. Be sure to really have an answer for the following questions: Tell me about yourself?, Reason for wanting to join Accenture?, What type of consulting work would you like to focus on? During this interview be honest with your short falls and make sure to play up the items in your career that you have shined on. Prepare several questions to ask your interviewer. Be sure to create questions that are interesting and dynamic which really sure your character.

Last Step in the process is circling back with the recruiter and receiving your offer letter. Make sure that you do some negotiation in this process. A good book to read in regards to this matter is called The Recruiting Snitch!

I hope this post helps future Accenture employees. I know without the information on this site I would not be able to prepare appropriately.

Interview Questions
  • Tell me about yourself?, Reason for wanting to join Accenture?, What type of consulting work would you like to focus on?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Accenture

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Accenture.

Very fast. They were polite, and helpful and lenient throughout the whole process. I was asked if I could reschedule, but I had exams during the other times they were available, so I was able to keep my time.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Accenture in October 2014.

My resume was submitted through their employee referral program. I had an initial phone interview with a recruiter who asked me a few basic questions and wanted details on my background. Then, he set up two phone interviews that were business case study interviews. During each case study interview, the interviewer asked me details about my background and also asked me general questions like: What do you know about Accenture, why do you want to be a consultant, what do you think a typical day is like for a consultant.

Interview Questions
    • One case study was about budgeting and forecasting. The other was on cost optimization.   Answer Question

Strategy Consultant Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Accenture.

Four interviews as an experienced hire. First was with HR and was screening, Second was with HR and another screening, Third was over the phone and with a Manager/Senior Manager, Fourth was in person and with a Manager and Senior Manager.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing too difficult. Accenture has a tendency to ask faux-case questions that are more situational than they are similar to McK, BCG, Bain, or Deloitte (unless you are interviewing for Accenture Strategy).   Answer Question
    I negotiated a higher salary.

Strategy Consultant Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Accenture.

2 rounds. 1 on campus, 1 in the Chicago office. Typical case based interview. Very competitive - with an emphasis on focus in what practice area you are interested in. Get deep knowledge of the type of work you will actually be conducted and fit your experience to that.

Interview Questions
    • A case question on restructuring a globally dispersed IT department - measuring the pros and cons of both and how to go about managing issues that would come up. We digressed into a very interesting discussion about how to handle "esteem issues" that IT workers may feel and what that means for how they are compensated.   Answer Question
    Basically no negotiation. The salary package with bonus was very attractive. A few folks that also accepted were able to negotiate up to a manager position based on their experience; though I question the wisdom of such a choice given how extensively you are trained in your first year as a consultant.

Strategy Consultant Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Accenture.

Behavioral and case interview. Pretty standard...except when it isn't. The case interview can be generic like those you'll find readily on the internet, or it can be something the interviewer has developed on their own, from their own experience, using their own (modified) data. Generally easy approach, informal and kind. But you better stand and deliver.

None. Accenture pays top dollar (above market my year) and would frown upon someone trying to negotiate an already generous offer.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Accenture.

Two case interviews and multiple fit interviews with strategy practice leadership.

Interview Questions
    Very little room to negotiate expect my start date.

Strategy Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Accenture in October 2013.

After applying, invited to a two round interview process. One with a Potentia Interview and another case interview.
    The Potentia is an article with a topic that has an ambivalent argument. Your goal is to summarize the article and then to explain why those statements were made, how would you deal with such a situation and give concrete examples. They will ask you to hypothetically assume what would happen in 5-10 years time. There is no right or wrong answers, but you should be talking as much as possible and repeat yourself as least as possible.

Interview Questions
    • No real difficult questions. Just read about many topics and be ready to give your opinion on various subjects. The case was a regular management consulting case, with market sizing and pricing questions   Answer Question

Strategy Consultant Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Accenture in October 2011.

Accenture's interview process has three stages. The first two are 1:1 case interviews and the third is on site at the Accenture bldg. You will probably have different interviewers for each case. I found them to be very fun. Be sure to talk through your process as you are problem-solving. Ask questions, get all the pieces. I made it through the second interview, but unfortunately was not offered a third. The second definitely had a different feel, just based on the interviewer's personality, I think. In structure they were very similar.

I was very certain that I could do good work for Accenture. I wasn't interested in any of the other big competitors. I really was invested in the process, and had been talking with current employees, following an acquaintance through the training process and had an employee referral. They have you apply online and via your school's career site, plus email you more information and video. It is a very involved process.

I tried to follow-up to at least get some feedback for moving forward in the job serach. I was unable to talk with my first interviewer (whom I connected with really well). After a few weeks of trying to get a hold of someone, I was able to talk to a coordinator on the phone only to learn that my interview is top-secret and that they cannot give candidates any feedback. That was disappointing, considering how much of myself I put into the process and how attached I had become to the company.

The people I know will tell you that it is hard work, especially in you first few years at the entry level. It is not for everyone. It is intense and requires traveling frequently. It is feast or famine. Accenture seems to have a great training system set up and also a nice structure that promotes hiring with in. For example, they only expect you to stay a consultant for a few yrs then move up. Each employee also has an advisor to help them find a good fit in the company. Overall everyone I met seemed hard-working, fun and very genuine.

If you can get in the door, I think it will be a great place to work. It will be what you make it. Definitely for self-starters.

Interview Questions
    • Case about a client looking to improve efficiency in customer care.   Answer Question

Strategy Consultant Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Accenture in September 2008.

Met with company representatives on campus and was awarded a spot on their closed list for interviews
    Interview consisted of two rounds on back-to-back days.
    Round 1 was on campus and consisted of two back-to-back, 1-on-1, 55-minute interviews consisting primarily of solving a business case. Interviews included a small portion dedicated to fit and open questions
    Round 2 was at the Accenture's local office and consisted of three back-to-back-to-back, 1-on-1, 55 minute interviews consisting primarily of solving a business case. Interviews included a small portion dedicated to fit and open questions
    Interviewers both days were relaxed and gave me a true sense of the teaming environment that exists at the firm. I felt I was able to be myself and the interview was not as "stuffy" as interviews with other top-tier consulting firms
    I was contacted in the evening of day 2 with the hiring decision and a summary of the offer (further details where sent to me within 2 days.

Interview Questions
    • I was asked to calculate CAGR for a particular case   View Answer
    • I was asked my opinion on the value of bureaucracy in an organization   View Answer
    No negotiating, take it or leave it offer.