Accenture

Average Difficulty
29 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Interviewed at Accenture

Interview Details – Coordinated interview through university and HR, overall process smooth, good communication with HR. Staff was friendly, on-time and overall very transparent with interview. They answered questions candidly, and were open about overall culture.

Interview Question – Hypothetical business client interaction situation   Answer Question

Southfield, MI

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Accenture in November 2013.

Interview Details – The first two rounds were on campus and the third one was at the local office . The interview results were sent through email 1 or 2 days after the interview took place. The content of the interviews were very similar

Interview Question – They are all fit questions. Why Accenture ? What are your skills? Do you know anything about consulting life style? Tell us a time where you had to solve a difficult problem ? What is the outcome?   Answer Question

Tampa, FL

I applied online and the process took 5 weeks - interviewed at Accenture in November 2013.

Interview Details – Have 2.5 years of work experience.

Applied online, received contact from recruiter via email within 12 hours.

Asked to complete Behavioral Assessment online - took about 25 minutes. Very general questions, multiple choice, to see how you assess or react or feel about a variety of situations.

Setup initial screening by conference call. Lasted 30-35 minutes. Very relaxed, asked about current position, general skills and interests. Asked me something related to the industry as a whole (not a trick question) just comparing opinions. Talked about interview process, timeline, position, etc.

First round interview was bypassed due to me knowing the hiring manager.

Second round interview - Skills interview - conducted by a Senior Manager that does not work for the group that I was interviewing for, but has the same technical knowledge and skills just a different group. Interview was scheduled for 60-75 minutes. He outlined the 7 topics he wanted to cover. I answered and got through them in about 40 minutes. For the remainder of the time he asked me to ask any questions and we just talked generally about industry, interests, etc.

Third round interview - Situational Interview - conducted by a Director not directly involved with the group that I was interviewing for, but works in the same technical silo for a different industry. More questions along the lines of 'tell me about your typical day', 'toughest work situation', 'how do you prioritize multiple projects/tasks', where do you want to be in 5 years, what are you looking to get out of this position, etc.

Asked to complete background check application.

Final Confirmation Call - Recruiter gave me the details of the offer and said that a written offer would be extended after verbal acceptance.

Pressed for me to give response within 1 week, requested 2 weeks as I was considering other offers.

Interview Question – Toughest questions were when they tried to have me relate what I do now, to what would be expected from me in the new role. (Same industry, slightly different positions/processes)   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Haven't officially accepted, haven't had negotiation yet.

Florham Park, NJ

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Accenture in March 2011.

Interview Details – Pretty standard interview questions, 2 technical and 1 face to face with HR person.

Negotiation Details – Negotiated the low ball offer twice. Got a signing bonus, but offer was still very low, and after 2 years, my salary was substandard.

Systems Analyst

I applied through college or university and interviewed at Accenture.

Interview Details – Three rounds of interviews. The first one goes over your resume and career goals. Second, case studies. And the third interview would ve been a week after the case studies. the whole process takes about three week

Interview Question – business case studies   Answer Question

Systems Analyst

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Accenture.

Interview Details – Waos completely Telephonic

Interview Question – All were medium level question   Answer Question

Interviewed at Accenture

Interview Details – Hired as an experienced hire. DIfferent processes for US and Other countries HR division.

Interview Question – None   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Not enough room to negotiate. It was set.

New York, NY

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Accenture in November 2011.

Interview Details – On-site career services interview at Columbia University, first round interview in NYC office, 2nd round interview in NYC Office

Interview Question – None really, very straightforward questions about background and skills   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Didn't negotiate at all

Reston, VA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Accenture.

Interview Details – Very consistent interview process. Round 1 was an HR Phone Screen - 10 minute brief on company. Round 2 was a Behaviorial Interview lasting approximately 45 minutes. Also had a separate case study interview - 1 case study (only applicants to MC/Strategy receive this segment of the interview).

Round 3 was an on-site Superday consisting of learning about the company, meeting other recruits and having 2 separate interviews with Senior Management Team Memers

Interview Question – I was unprepared for the case study question asked in Round 2   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I attempted to negotiate location but was refused quickly.

Seattle, WA

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Accenture.

Interview Details – Applied for job via university job network. First Round was 1 on 1 behavioral with a manager. Second round was similar, 1 on 1 with a senior manager. Both seemed focused on their stated goal: determining whether or not Accenture was a good fit for the interviewee and and the interviewee a good fit for Accenture. 3rd round interview was a half day at the office - a presentation about the company and then 2 interviews with senior managers. Similar questions and focus, one of the managers seemed to feign ignorance in an attempt to make me uncomfortable.

Interview Question – I wouldn't say there was 1 really profoundly difficult question, but the process itself - asking questions that might cause you to make a contradiction in your reasons for interviewing with Accenture, was stressful.   View Answers (2)

Reason for Declining – I was offered a position at Amazon with similar compensation, but the Amazon position was hiring 50 people whereas the Accenture position was hiring something in the 100s. For me, the unique and entrepreneurial nature of Amazon won out.

Worked for Accenture? Contribute to the Community!