Accenture

www.accenture.com

Accenture Systems Integration Analyst Interview Questions in Houston, TX

4 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied online – interviewed at Accenture in April 2013.

I applied online and received an email from an HR recruiter within a few weeks. She scheduled a 15 minute phone interview which was an initial check to make sure that I qualified for the position. After this call, she scheduled another one hour phone interview with a different person from HR. This interview consisted of four behavioral questions where I had to list three main events that occurred within each answer. The three main events threw me off a bit but the interviewer was really nice and helped me out. The final interview was in the Houston office and consisted of a one hour presentation about Accenture with a Q&A session, tour and two 30-45 minute behavioral interviews with two different managers. During this final interview, we were asked to rank cities with Accenture offices we preferred to work in. I ranked Houston, Austin and San Francisco as my top three. I received an offer in the San Francisco office about a week later and accepted the offer. Looking back, I am happy that I accepted in offer in San Francisco instead of Houston or Austin because the clients in the bay area are much more aligned with my interests.

Interview Questions
  • What is your greatest weakness?
    What is a course you have taken unrelated to your major?

Answer Question
The offer exceeded my expectations so I did not negotiate. The cost of living is higher on the west coast so my offer was greater than my salary in Houston at the time.

Other Interview Reviews for Accenture

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Accenture in November 2012.

I approached the Accenture booth at the 2012 SWE conference and got an informal 1st round interview the next day, the 2nd day of the conference. This consisted of a recruiter asking me what I knew about an Analyst's role. I didn't prepare much for this, it was very informal.

2nd round: I received an email two weeks later telling me I had been selected for a phone interview, which I scheduled for a couple days later. This, I had heard, was the make-or-break interview. It was 30 minutes of behavioral questions; it's a good idea to give detailed and relevant answers. Prepare for this portion and it should go smoothly.

3rd round: I was scheduled for a Houston office visit a couple of days later. They will pay for airfare and hotel. This lasted 3 hours. There were a few other college candidates there like myself. We were all given a 1.5 hr presentation together which outlined our role and what it's like to work there. After that, there were two 45-min interview with two different managers. These were extremely informal. I answered a question or two but they were more or less conversations about what it's like to work there. I asked a lot of questions because I was genuinely curious. Interviewed on Friday and got the offer on Monday.

Interview Questions

I decided I didn't want to be a consultant.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ weeksinterviewed at Accenture in November 2010.

I saw an Accenture representative (the HR rep for that state) at a career fair, handed off my resume, references, cover letter, etc - and discussed my experience. Several weeks later, I got my first interview scheduled through my university's career center. From there, the process was pretty straight forward:

1ST INTERVIEW: About 30 minutes long, 1:1 with a senior manager. We discussed my work experience, background, the structure of the company, and interest in Accenture - no behavioral questions. This was "The easy one," as the recruiter said. They gave me plenty of opportunities to ask questions, and here's a key - use those opportunities! They don't like it when candidates just stay quiet (friend of mine didn't ask anything, and he wasn't invited back). That night, I got an email saying I qualified for the second round of interviews.

2ND INTERVIEW: My second interview was held over the phone, because they did not have enough time slots at the university to fit everyone in. No big deal. That friday, I did my second interview over the phone. It was with another senior manager, who was working from home that day. This was a behavioral interview. Mostly team-based questions, like when were you involved in a team, and the result wasn't as good as you wanted, when did you disagree with a co-worker, etc. There was also a question that I found on here, but thought to myself "there's no way I'll get that question." I prepared for it none the less, and good thing! they asked it. It was "tell me a time when you had to debug an issue with a computer system" or something like that. Again, lots of opportunities to ask questions - make use of them. A few days later, I got an e-mail inviting me to the third and final round of interviews.

3RD INTERVIEW: This was an on-site interview. And let me tell you, their new office in downtown Houston is VERY neat. But if you're more into a traditional office - it might not be for you. So make sure you check it out properly before leaving. Anyway, on to the interview. I was there with a group of six or so other candidates. We were there for three hours. The first hour involved an office tour, and a benefits presentation, which also discussed Accenture's corporate citizenship and the like. The next two hours were two 1:1 interviews. The first was all behavioral - but these questions were a bit more technical, more specific to the position. I assume they were trying to figure out if I really knew what the position was, and if I had any experience dealing with high tech systems in the past. Again, time for questions. The second was a bit of the same - but slightly more open, with more "why acenture?" questions. Remember, if you mention travel and projects - they'll probably say "you could do that with any firm - why us?" so come up with something better!

The next business day, I got a call with the offer. It was pretty much spot on with the average for <1 year in Houston listed on this site. They gave me about a week and a half to get back to them, but i'm sure more time was available if i had really needed it.

Keep in mind - when I say "ask questions," i'm talking about questions more pertinent to the position and specifics of the company, such as how they measure success.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time when you had to lead a group that had conflicting viewpoints   Answer Question
    • Tell us about a time where you were working in a team and it did not go so well, what did you do and what would you have done differently.   View Answer
    • Tell me about a time when you had to debug something. How did you go about solving the problem?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Accenture in March 2010.

The first interview was over the phone with an employee (not HR) and was basically just talking about the company and some of the things on your resume. I had very few questions asked and really just talked more about the company and position
    The second interview was behavioral based and was fairly tough. It was only 3 questions but she delved into my answers very deeply and asked why I did certain things at X point, why did I think that would be best, etc.
    The third interview was an office visit and interview with 2 senior execs who asked similar questions fromt he first two interviews.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time when you had to rely on someone and they did not come through for you, how did you handle it?   Answer Question