Accenture

Average Difficulty
4 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Interviewed at Accenture

Interview Details – enjoyed the interviewing process because all the recruiters were extremely approachable and nice... questions werne't difficult - first round was just a get to know you type of interview and the second round was a more behavioral type interview

Interview Question – describe a time when you took initiative   Answer Question

Hartford, CT

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Accenture in March 2013.

Interview Details – I submitted my application on the Accenture website and also through my university career services website. I was contacted by HR for the first interview, which was held on-campus and was very short and casual (15 mins, just a meet-and-greet where you and the company get to know you a bit better). Then I was emailed for a second interview over the phone. It was a little frustrating since interviewer never called me for my interview, and I had to reschedule another (more successful) interview. This was longer, but still only 30 mins. It was just a bunch of behavioral/situational questions.

Also, I noticed that even though I was applying for what I considered to be a technical position, I was never asked any technical questions. They just want to know how you handle situations and problems, and once they can establish that you have the social/business skills, they will teach you the rest. They do seem to favor those who come in with some kind of technical background though.

Interview Question – Describe a time when you had to plan a time frame for some project (I can't recall the exact wording, but you get the idea).   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – This is a very well-known company, with great benefits and a very organized internship program (all rising seniors get sent to a 3-day leadership conference as well). However, I felt the need to further develop my technical expertise, and went to another company to do application development.

Houston, TX

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Accenture in March 2010.

Interview Details – 1st interview - 30 minutes - Review of resume and general "are you interested in the company" and "good fit for company" probing.

2nd interview - Hour-long interview - Behavioral questions for about 30 minutes, plenty of time for questions and also getting to know the interviewer.

Accenture seems like a great fit for a diverse group of backgrounds and many people who stay there find their work interesting from project to project.

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – Not for intern position. Leverage yourself for full-time hire.

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Systems Integration Analyst Intern

I applied through college or university and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Accenture.

Interview Details – Applied on campus. Easy first round interview that consisted mainly of questions about my resume and things like why accenture and what do you know about the job. One or two behavioral questions but it was easier than expected. Hear back a few days later and had a phone interview with a vp. Difficult, asked 4 behavioral questions and follow up questions. Spent about 10 minutes on each. Didn't receive an offer because they only took 2 from my campus and are looking for engineers over business student.

Interview Question – Name a challenge you had to overcome. Did you change your way of dealing with it at all?   Answer Question

Worked for Accenture? Contribute to the Community!