Accenture Systems Integration Analyst Interview Questions

Updated Sep 2, 2014

2.9

50 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Systems Integration Analyst Interview

I started the interviewing process through on-campus recruiting I completed 3 separate rounds. Round 1 was just a conversation with HR personnel on campus. Round 2 was on campus and met with 2 different people to discuss situational based questions (i.e. Tell me about a time you failed). Round 3 was in the Accenture office with three different people. Each conversation was 45min long and they also provided an educational session on what is Accenture, the reporting structure, etc.

Interview Questions
  • Many of the behavioral based questions were not necessarily straightforward - i.e. not just "tell me about a time you failed" but instead "tell me about a time you failed, how you dealt with it, and any repercussions"   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Accenture

Systems Integration Analyst Interview

I applied online - interviewed at Accenture.

At least for me, it was fairly standard interview for a large company. I applied online and within a couple of weeks got a call back. They assign you a HR person that pretty sticks with you along the way to help set up times for the next interview.

1) Phone
    2) Skills
    3) Behavioral
    4) Face to Face

Interview Questions
    • Everything is pretty much standard like how do you prioritize work?   Answer Question
    Did not negotiate.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

interviewed at Accenture in January 2014.

The interview process is standard to that found at most other large consulting firms, such as the Big 4. There were three different rounds, with the final round taking place at the nearest Accenture office. The overall experience was very good and I had no issues from start to finish.

Interview Questions
    • Why did you decide to pursue this option when you had several other methods of tackling the problem ?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Accenture in April 2013.

The first interview was very basic and resume-based; as long as you know what is on there you should not sweat it. The second was a deep behavioral interview, where the interviewer asked 4 questions with very specific follow up questions. A lot of "tell me about a time when..."

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time where you implemented a system. What were people's reactions? How did you remedy them?   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Los Angeles, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Accenture in February 2014.

Initial contact through university career fair. Got an email from a recruiter with a position to apply to. Two phone interviews with different recruiters. Both recruiters were very friendly and did a good job starting the interview by laying out the format. The first gave plenty of time to answer my questions (extending well passed the scheduled end time), while the second seemed a bit rushed. Fairly standard "tell me about a time..." questions.

Interview Questions
    • Talk about a recent time where you have had to give a presentation to a difficult audience.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Houston, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied online - interviewed at Accenture in April 2013.

I applied online and received an email from an HR recruiter within a few weeks. She scheduled a 15 minute phone interview which was an initial check to make sure that I qualified for the position. After this call, she scheduled another one hour phone interview with a different person from HR. This interview consisted of four behavioral questions where I had to list three main events that occurred within each answer. The three main events threw me off a bit but the interviewer was really nice and helped me out. The final interview was in the Houston office and consisted of a one hour presentation about Accenture with a Q&A session, tour and two 30-45 minute behavioral interviews with two different managers. During this final interview, we were asked to rank cities with Accenture offices we preferred to work in. I ranked Houston, Austin and San Francisco as my top three. I received an offer in the San Francisco office about a week later and accepted the offer. Looking back, I am happy that I accepted in offer in San Francisco instead of Houston or Austin because the clients in the bay area are much more aligned with my interests.

Interview Questions
    • What is your greatest weakness?
      What is a course you have taken unrelated to your major?
        Answer Question
    The offer exceeded my expectations so I did not negotiate. The cost of living is higher on the west coast so my offer was greater than my salary in Houston at the time.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Washington, DC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Accenture in October 2013.

I applied through university career website. There were three rounds of interviews. First two rounds are on campus. Rounds 2 and 3 are behavioral.

First round is a review of your resume and is very conversational. Second round consists of 3-4 questions. Questions center around four topics (Teamwork, Conflict Resolution, Time Management, Problem Solving). Third round is on-site in which you sit through a hour presentation then proceed to two interviews by higher level management. Those interviews are similar to the second round.

I received a call for the offer from the recruiter about 3 weeks later.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing too difficult. Was a little caught off by a question about how I would describe day one of the job.   Answer Question
    I did not negotiate because the salary was very competitive.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Accenture in October 2013.

Applied to on campus recruiting at my university and got a first round on campus. The first round is just a basic fit interview. Questions will be different depending on the interviewer but include:
    Tell me about yourself, Why Accenture?, What does Accenture do?, What do you think Systems Integration Analysts do?, Is there anything else you would like to bring up that we haven't discussed?

Received a phone call and email about passing the first round within a few business days. The second interview was on site, one hour with a manager. It was behavioral and also conversational and included questions such as:
    Tell me about... yourself, what you consider to be your major accomplishment, a time you had a conflict with someone you worked with, a time you had to solve an open-ended question with little details given, and a time when were given too much information.

Again, received a phone call and an email about the third round within a few business days. There were about 15-16 people that day interviewing, about 8 each in the morning and afternoon sessions. The third round was also on site and included a 1 hr presentation by current analysts (benefits, etc) + lunch, and 2 interviews (1 with a manager, 1 with an executive level person). The interviews were both fit questions and behavioral questions such as:
    Why Accenture?, tell me about a time you lead a team to success, how do you think your experiences fit into the role of a systems integration analyst?

Interview took place in New York City Office but offer was in Washington DC.

Interview Questions
    • Unexpected Question: What was your favorite class outside of the core classes you took?   Answer Question
    I didn't negotiate. The offer was on the higher end.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Accenture in October 2013.

First Round: On campus interview. They asked me about my resume, what I thought the job would be, why I wanted to work at Accenture. Some people say it is an easy screening interview, and it's hard to tell how "hard" it was, but make sure you prepare for this round too!

Second Round: At the local office. I had an interview with one of the partners that lasted about an hour. This interview wasn't what I prepared for. I thought it would be more behavioral, like everyone on glassdoor says, but it was more conversational. I think the partner who was interviewing me just had a different style, but what seemed important was carrying on a conversation. I was asked a couple of situational questions, but my interviewers didn't delve into the answers too much.

Third Round: At the local office. They started with a presentation by the recruiter, a new hire, and an experienced employee. I was with nearly ten other interviewees. Then we were each interviewed by a manager and a partner. These interviews were more well balanced. They asked about my resume, why consulting, why Accenture, and they also asked some behavioral questions. Be honest and show that you are excited about your previous projects when you talk about them.

Interview Questions
    • How would you deal with a project that you found boring?   Answer Question
    • How do you ensure quality work when you are trying to get things done quickly?   Answer Question
    • Given a client's requirements and deliverables, how would you proceed with a project?   Answer Question
    I didn't try to negotiate, because I've heard that Accenture doesn't really negotiate salary, and the offer was on the upper end of what I was aiming for.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Saint Louis, MO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 weeks - interviewed at Accenture in October 2013.

First two rounds of interviews: on-campus recruiting. First interview was very relaxed, just asked about my previous work experience (no real behavioral questions). Second interview was longer (an hour), still relaxed. The interviewer was friendly and begin by commenting on my piano skills (he was just beginning the piano). That interview had 3 or 4 standard behavioral questions.

Final round: on site visit at local Accenture office. Two hour-long interviews with mid-level managers (first seemed like a pretty boring guy, second was chatty and more interesting to talk to). Plenty of time for me to ask questions, along with more typical behavioral questions. Final interview also had a presentation by some younger employees about Accenture culture, and lunch at a tasty restaurant down the street.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time you had to deal with problems with a client.   Answer Question
    No negotiation.

Worked for Accenture? Contribute to the Community!