Accenture

Updated Feb 8, 2015
Updated Feb 8, 2015

2.9

Systems Integration Analyst Interview

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Accenture in January 2015.

I experienced a three round interview process with Accenture. the first and second rounds are by phone. Candidates for the third round are brought in for an in person interview with two Executives.

Interview Questions
  • First round questions are very introductory: "Tell me about your extracurricular activities", "What interests you about working with Accenture", etc.
    Second round questions are behavioral: "Describe a project you had to complete under a very tight deadline", "Tell me about a situation when you built a strong working relationship with a key stake holder", etc.

Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Accenture

Systems Integration Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Accenture.

Received first interview through on-campus recruiting. First interview consisted of basic questions concerning my resume, past work experiences, skills, etc. After passing this interview, I was invited back for a second interview, somewhat longer than the first (around an hour). This was more of a behavioral interview with questions such as, 'Tell me about a time when you took a leadership position on a team or group'. After passing this interview, I was brought in to the local office in Washington D.C. for a final interview. This interview was the same format as the second, only difference being there were two interviews with two separate, higher level employees. Some others have posted with regards to this final interview that if you make it to this stage you are essentially in unless you screw up in some way, I would like to say that this is NOT THE CASE at all, at least in my experience. Both of my final round interviews went very well, and I seemed to connect well with each of the interviewers. I was told that I would hear back within two to four weeks with a decision. Four weeks later there was no response, and I sent an email to my recruiter inquiring as to what had happened. I was told that I would receive a final decision within a couple weeks. Three weeks later, I received an email saying that I would not be moving forward with the process as, and I quote, " [we] have decided to pursue other candidates whose background is better aligned with the requirements of this role."

This would have been fine to hear after the first, or even second interview. But by the third interview, no issue had ever been raised in any of the interviews, including the final one, about my 'background'. My past experiences and skills had been discussed with the interviewers at length before the final interview, so in my mind if at that point my 'background' was not enough to complete the job, then I shouldn't have even been invited for the final interview. Overall, up until that point, my experience with the whole organization had been positive, but after the wait for the response, the continued lack of follow up from the recruiting staff, and the supposed reason given for my 'rejection', my experience with Accenture left a very bad impression.

Interview Questions
    • All questions were expected, easily able to study for by searching google, etc.   Answer Question

Systems Integration Analyst Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Accenture in October 2014.

There were two rounds of on-campus interviews. The first interview was performed by employees who have a few years of experience and it was mostly talking about myself and my previous experiences (resume-based). The same night I had the first interview, I received a phone call to schedule the second round interview and it happened in the same week. The second round interview was conducted by a higher level consultant who seemed to be at around a manager status in the firm (not an executive). This interview was longer and had more questions regarding specific cases in your past experiences. I was informed I passed both rounds a week later by the campus recruiter and I scheduled a final round office visit a month or two after the interview. The final round had two interview sessions with Accenture executives who had relatively casual interview questions and it seemed that these sessions were more meant for the executives to get to know me more personally. Accenture consultants who are relatively new to the company did a short powerpoint presentation about all of the aspects of Accenture and the HR recruiter presented some basic offer package information without specific numbers.

Interview Questions
    • Talk about a recent project or event in which you were presented with a difficulty and explain how you went about this problem (took leadership).   Answer Question

Systems Integration Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at Accenture.

Applied through the school website, then I was invited to a alumni event to learn more about the company. Got an opportunity for a 1st round screening interview on-campus, and was told it was casual, but it was really the best time to shine.

Systems Integration Analyst Interview

I started the interviewing process through on-campus recruiting I completed 3 separate rounds. Round 1 was just a conversation with HR personnel on campus. Round 2 was on campus and met with 2 different people to discuss situational based questions (i.e. Tell me about a time you failed). Round 3 was in the Accenture office with three different people. Each conversation was 45min long and they also provided an educational session on what is Accenture, the reporting structure, etc.

Interview Questions
    • Many of the behavioral based questions were not necessarily straightforward - i.e. not just "tell me about a time you failed" but instead "tell me about a time you failed, how you dealt with it, and any repercussions"   Answer Question

Systems Integration Analyst Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Accenture.

At least for me, it was fairly standard interview for a large company. I applied online and within a couple of weeks got a call back. They assign you a HR person that pretty sticks with you along the way to help set up times for the next interview.

1) Phone
    2) Skills
    3) Behavioral
    4) Face to Face

Interview Questions
    • Everything is pretty much standard like how do you prioritize work?   Answer Question
    Did not negotiate.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Berkeley, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Berkeley, CA

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Accenture in April 2014.

Initially, I was contacted about 2 weeks after submitting my resume and the application. Then I went through the first round of the interview which is a 20-30 minutes interview. All the questions I was asked were behavioral and also about the company and why I decided to apply for the position. Then, I was informed about a week and a half later that I had advanced to the second round of interviews which is the 45-60 minute ling interview. For this interview I was asked more behavioral and situational questions that had to do with, for example, what do you when..., how do you prepare for... etc...

Interview Questions
    • The most difficult questions was "how do you imagine yourself in the next 5 years, in the next 10 years? what would you be doing with life and career?"   View Answer
    It was a very good offer. The recruiter to the time to place in the location I preferred after changing my initial preferences. Full benefits, great vacation plans, great bonus amount. Because this was a entry level position I could not negotiate salary, but I could negotiate starting date which it was equally important for me, because I wanted to take a long break after college.

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA
    Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Accenture in February 2014.

Initial contact through university career fair. Got an email from a recruiter with a position to apply to. Two phone interviews with different recruiters. Both recruiters were very friendly and did a good job starting the interview by laying out the format. The first gave plenty of time to answer my questions (extending well passed the scheduled end time), while the second seemed a bit rushed. Fairly standard "tell me about a time..." questions.

Interview Questions
    • Talk about a recent time where you have had to give a presentation to a difficult audience.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

interviewed at Accenture in January 2014.

The interview process is standard to that found at most other large consulting firms, such as the Big 4. There were three different rounds, with the final round taking place at the nearest Accenture office. The overall experience was very good and I had no issues from start to finish.

Interview Questions
    • Why did you decide to pursue this option when you had several other methods of tackling the problem ?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Accenture in October 2013.

Applied to on campus recruiting at my university and got a first round on campus. The first round is just a basic fit interview. Questions will be different depending on the interviewer but include:
    Tell me about yourself, Why Accenture?, What does Accenture do?, What do you think Systems Integration Analysts do?, Is there anything else you would like to bring up that we haven't discussed?

Received a phone call and email about passing the first round within a few business days. The second interview was on site, one hour with a manager. It was behavioral and also conversational and included questions such as:
    Tell me about... yourself, what you consider to be your major accomplishment, a time you had a conflict with someone you worked with, a time you had to solve an open-ended question with little details given, and a time when were given too much information.

Again, received a phone call and an email about the third round within a few business days. There were about 15-16 people that day interviewing, about 8 each in the morning and afternoon sessions. The third round was also on site and included a 1 hr presentation by current analysts (benefits, etc) + lunch, and 2 interviews (1 with a manager, 1 with an executive level person). The interviews were both fit questions and behavioral questions such as:
    Why Accenture?, tell me about a time you lead a team to success, how do you think your experiences fit into the role of a systems integration analyst?

Interview took place in New York City Office but offer was in Washington DC.

Interview Questions
    • Unexpected Question: What was your favorite class outside of the core classes you took?   Answer Question
    I didn't negotiate. The offer was on the higher end.