Accenture Systems Integration Analyst Interview Questions

Updated Oct 9, 2014

2.9

52 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Systems Integration Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at Accenture.

Applied through the school website, then I was invited to a alumni event to learn more about the company. Got an opportunity for a 1st round screening interview on-campus, and was told it was casual, but it was really the best time to shine.

Other Interview Reviews for Accenture

Systems Integration Analyst Interview

I started the interviewing process through on-campus recruiting I completed 3 separate rounds. Round 1 was just a conversation with HR personnel on campus. Round 2 was on campus and met with 2 different people to discuss situational based questions (i.e. Tell me about a time you failed). Round 3 was in the Accenture office with three different people. Each conversation was 45min long and they also provided an educational session on what is Accenture, the reporting structure, etc.

Interview Questions
    • Many of the behavioral based questions were not necessarily straightforward - i.e. not just "tell me about a time you failed" but instead "tell me about a time you failed, how you dealt with it, and any repercussions"   Answer Question

Systems Integration Analyst Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Accenture.

At least for me, it was fairly standard interview for a large company. I applied online and within a couple of weeks got a call back. They assign you a HR person that pretty sticks with you along the way to help set up times for the next interview.

1) Phone
    2) Skills
    3) Behavioral
    4) Face to Face

Interview Questions
    • Everything is pretty much standard like how do you prioritize work?   Answer Question
    Did not negotiate.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Berkeley, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Berkeley, CA

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Accenture in April 2014.

Initially, I was contacted about 2 weeks after submitting my resume and the application. Then I went through the first round of the interview which is a 20-30 minutes interview. All the questions I was asked were behavioral and also about the company and why I decided to apply for the position. Then, I was informed about a week and a half later that I had advanced to the second round of interviews which is the 45-60 minute ling interview. For this interview I was asked more behavioral and situational questions that had to do with, for example, what do you when..., how do you prepare for... etc...

Interview Questions
    • The most difficult questions was "how do you imagine yourself in the next 5 years, in the next 10 years? what would you be doing with life and career?"   View Answer
    It was a very good offer. The recruiter to the time to place in the location I preferred after changing my initial preferences. Full benefits, great vacation plans, great bonus amount. Because this was a entry level position I could not negotiate salary, but I could negotiate starting date which it was equally important for me, because I wanted to take a long break after college.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Accenture in February 2014.

Initial contact through university career fair. Got an email from a recruiter with a position to apply to. Two phone interviews with different recruiters. Both recruiters were very friendly and did a good job starting the interview by laying out the format. The first gave plenty of time to answer my questions (extending well passed the scheduled end time), while the second seemed a bit rushed. Fairly standard "tell me about a time..." questions.

Interview Questions
    • Talk about a recent time where you have had to give a presentation to a difficult audience.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

interviewed at Accenture in January 2014.

The interview process is standard to that found at most other large consulting firms, such as the Big 4. There were three different rounds, with the final round taking place at the nearest Accenture office. The overall experience was very good and I had no issues from start to finish.

Interview Questions
    • Why did you decide to pursue this option when you had several other methods of tackling the problem ?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Accenture in October 2013.

Applied to on campus recruiting at my university and got a first round on campus. The first round is just a basic fit interview. Questions will be different depending on the interviewer but include:
    Tell me about yourself, Why Accenture?, What does Accenture do?, What do you think Systems Integration Analysts do?, Is there anything else you would like to bring up that we haven't discussed?

Received a phone call and email about passing the first round within a few business days. The second interview was on site, one hour with a manager. It was behavioral and also conversational and included questions such as:
    Tell me about... yourself, what you consider to be your major accomplishment, a time you had a conflict with someone you worked with, a time you had to solve an open-ended question with little details given, and a time when were given too much information.

Again, received a phone call and an email about the third round within a few business days. There were about 15-16 people that day interviewing, about 8 each in the morning and afternoon sessions. The third round was also on site and included a 1 hr presentation by current analysts (benefits, etc) + lunch, and 2 interviews (1 with a manager, 1 with an executive level person). The interviews were both fit questions and behavioral questions such as:
    Why Accenture?, tell me about a time you lead a team to success, how do you think your experiences fit into the role of a systems integration analyst?

Interview took place in New York City Office but offer was in Washington DC.

Interview Questions
    • Unexpected Question: What was your favorite class outside of the core classes you took?   Answer Question
    I didn't negotiate. The offer was on the higher end.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Accenture in October 2013.

First interview was on campus about 30 minutes. Mostly a get to know you type interview with questions like What do you do in your free time when you aren't studying or in class? What are your hobbies? It was very laid back. Mostly to see if you're somebody they would want to hang out with and to see if they could put you in front of a client. Called back later the same day for a second round interview the next day.

Second interview was all behavioral, no cases. Standard behavioral questions such as Tell me about the most significant project you've worked on? Tell me about a time you had a conflict with a coworker? Why consulting/Accenture? Have a story prepared for all sorts of these questions, use the STAR method and you'll be fine. A few days later they called with an invitation to onsite interviews.

Onsite interview consisted of a presentation from some current analysts and consultants. This was about an hour and a half. They will answer tons of questions and are a valuable resource to understand the company. Next there are two interviews. One with a Senior Manager and one with a Manager. My first one was with a Senior Manager and it was mostly more behavioral questions. However, this time they answered a lot of follow up questions and wanted more detail to answers so be prepared for that. The second interview was with a manager and was extremely casual and short. Questions were more along the lines of What's your biggest concern with Accenture? Are you okay with traveling?

Basically if you make it to the third round the job is yours to lose. Just be yourself, smile, and be confident.

Received a final job offer about two weeks later.

Interview Questions
    • What was the most significant project you've worked on?   Answer Question
    The offer seemed to be firm which is fine because the salary was for a lot more than I was expecting.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Accenture in October 2013.

Since I had previously gone through two rounds of interviewing with ACN for an internship my junior year and had done well, I was moved on to the 3rd round of interviewing for a full-time position as a SI Analyst. The 3rd round was on-site, and it consisted of a presentation done by two consultants and a Recruiter and also two one-on-one interviews with senior managers/partners. The presentation was basically comprised of promo videos and experiences the consultants have gone through along with information about the benefits etc. Both interviews with the managers/partners were laid-back and conversational. We talked about my resume, work experience, what I like about Accenture, and why I want to work there.

Interview Questions
    I told them I already had an offer, and they came in 10% higher on salary with a comparable benefits package, so I did not negotiate.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Accenture in October 2013.

First two rounds of interviews: on-campus recruiting. First interview was very relaxed, just asked about my previous work experience (no real behavioral questions). Second interview was longer (an hour), still relaxed. The interviewer was friendly and begin by commenting on my piano skills (he was just beginning the piano). That interview had 3 or 4 standard behavioral questions.

Final round: on site visit at local Accenture office. Two hour-long interviews with mid-level managers (first seemed like a pretty boring guy, second was chatty and more interesting to talk to). Plenty of time for me to ask questions, along with more typical behavioral questions. Final interview also had a presentation by some younger employees about Accenture culture, and lunch at a tasty restaurant down the street.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time you had to deal with problems with a client.   Answer Question
    No negotiation.