Accenture

Getting the Interview

45 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Houston, TX

I applied online - interviewed at Accenture in April 2013.

Interview Details – I applied online and received an email from an HR recruiter within a few weeks. She scheduled a 15 minute phone interview which was an initial check to make sure that I qualified for the position. After this call, she scheduled another one hour phone interview with a different person from HR. This interview consisted of four behavioral questions where I had to list three main events that occurred within each answer. The three main events threw me off a bit but the interviewer was really nice and helped me out. The final interview was in the Houston office and consisted of a one hour presentation about Accenture with a Q&A session, tour and two 30-45 minute behavioral interviews with two different managers. During this final interview, we were asked to rank cities with Accenture offices we preferred to work in. I ranked Houston, Austin and San Francisco as my top three. I received an offer in the San Francisco office about a week later and accepted the offer. Looking back, I am happy that I accepted in offer in San Francisco instead of Houston or Austin because the clients in the bay area are much more aligned with my interests.

Interview Question – What is your greatest weakness?
What is a course you have taken unrelated to your major?
  Answer Question

Negotiation Details – The offer exceeded my expectations so I did not negotiate. The cost of living is higher on the west coast so my offer was greater than my salary in Houston at the time.

Washington, DC

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Accenture in October 2013.

Interview Details – I applied through university career website. There were three rounds of interviews. First two rounds are on campus. Rounds 2 and 3 are behavioral.

First round is a review of your resume and is very conversational. Second round consists of 3-4 questions. Questions center around four topics (Teamwork, Conflict Resolution, Time Management, Problem Solving). Third round is on-site in which you sit through a hour presentation then proceed to two interviews by higher level management. Those interviews are similar to the second round.

I received a call for the offer from the recruiter about 3 weeks later.

Interview Question – Nothing too difficult. Was a little caught off by a question about how I would describe day one of the job.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I did not negotiate because the salary was very competitive.

New York, NY

I applied through college or university and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Accenture in October 2013.

Interview Details – Applied to on campus recruiting at my university and got a first round on campus. The first round is just a basic fit interview. Questions will be different depending on the interviewer but include:
Tell me about yourself, Why Accenture?, What does Accenture do?, What do you think Systems Integration Analysts do?, Is there anything else you would like to bring up that we haven't discussed?

Received a phone call and email about passing the first round within a few business days. The second interview was on site, one hour with a manager. It was behavioral and also conversational and included questions such as:
Tell me about... yourself, what you consider to be your major accomplishment, a time you had a conflict with someone you worked with, a time you had to solve an open-ended question with little details given, and a time when were given too much information.

Again, received a phone call and an email about the third round within a few business days. There were about 15-16 people that day interviewing, about 8 each in the morning and afternoon sessions. The third round was also on site and included a 1 hr presentation by current analysts (benefits, etc) + lunch, and 2 interviews (1 with a manager, 1 with an executive level person). The interviews were both fit questions and behavioral questions such as:
Why Accenture?, tell me about a time you lead a team to success, how do you think your experiences fit into the role of a systems integration analyst?

Interview took place in New York City Office but offer was in Washington DC.

Interview Question – Unexpected Question: What was your favorite class outside of the core classes you took?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I didn't negotiate. The offer was on the higher end.

San Francisco, CA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Accenture in October 2013.

Interview Details – First Round: On campus interview. They asked me about my resume, what I thought the job would be, why I wanted to work at Accenture. Some people say it is an easy screening interview, and it's hard to tell how "hard" it was, but make sure you prepare for this round too!

Second Round: At the local office. I had an interview with one of the partners that lasted about an hour. This interview wasn't what I prepared for. I thought it would be more behavioral, like everyone on glassdoor says, but it was more conversational. I think the partner who was interviewing me just had a different style, but what seemed important was carrying on a conversation. I was asked a couple of situational questions, but my interviewers didn't delve into the answers too much.

Third Round: At the local office. They started with a presentation by the recruiter, a new hire, and an experienced employee. I was with nearly ten other interviewees. Then we were each interviewed by a manager and a partner. These interviews were more well balanced. They asked about my resume, why consulting, why Accenture, and they also asked some behavioral questions. Be honest and show that you are excited about your previous projects when you talk about them.

Interview Questions

• How would you deal with a project that you found boring?   Answer Question
  • How do you ensure quality work when you are trying to get things done quickly?   Answer Question
  • Given a client's requirements and deliverables, how would you proceed with a project?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I didn't try to negotiate, because I've heard that Accenture doesn't really negotiate salary, and the offer was on the upper end of what I was aiming for.

Saint Louis, MO

I applied through college or university and the process took 5 weeks - interviewed at Accenture in October 2013.

Interview Details – First two rounds of interviews: on-campus recruiting. First interview was very relaxed, just asked about my previous work experience (no real behavioral questions). Second interview was longer (an hour), still relaxed. The interviewer was friendly and begin by commenting on my piano skills (he was just beginning the piano). That interview had 3 or 4 standard behavioral questions.

Final round: on site visit at local Accenture office. Two hour-long interviews with mid-level managers (first seemed like a pretty boring guy, second was chatty and more interesting to talk to). Plenty of time for me to ask questions, along with more typical behavioral questions. Final interview also had a presentation by some younger employees about Accenture culture, and lunch at a tasty restaurant down the street.

Interview Question – Describe a time you had to deal with problems with a client.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation.

Pittsburgh, PA

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Accenture in October 2013.

Interview Details – Since I had previously gone through two rounds of interviewing with ACN for an internship my junior year and had done well, I was moved on to the 3rd round of interviewing for a full-time position as a SI Analyst. The 3rd round was on-site, and it consisted of a presentation done by two consultants and a Recruiter and also two one-on-one interviews with senior managers/partners. The presentation was basically comprised of promo videos and experiences the consultants have gone through along with information about the benefits etc. Both interviews with the managers/partners were laid-back and conversational. We talked about my resume, work experience, what I like about Accenture, and why I want to work there.

Interview Question – Nothing difficult. No case questions   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I told them I already had an offer, and they came in 10% higher on salary with a comparable benefits package, so I did not negotiate.

Washington, DC

I applied through college or university and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Accenture in October 2013.

Interview Details – First interview was on campus about 30 minutes. Mostly a get to know you type interview with questions like What do you do in your free time when you aren't studying or in class? What are your hobbies? It was very laid back. Mostly to see if you're somebody they would want to hang out with and to see if they could put you in front of a client. Called back later the same day for a second round interview the next day.

Second interview was all behavioral, no cases. Standard behavioral questions such as Tell me about the most significant project you've worked on? Tell me about a time you had a conflict with a coworker? Why consulting/Accenture? Have a story prepared for all sorts of these questions, use the STAR method and you'll be fine. A few days later they called with an invitation to onsite interviews.

Onsite interview consisted of a presentation from some current analysts and consultants. This was about an hour and a half. They will answer tons of questions and are a valuable resource to understand the company. Next there are two interviews. One with a Senior Manager and one with a Manager. My first one was with a Senior Manager and it was mostly more behavioral questions. However, this time they answered a lot of follow up questions and wanted more detail to answers so be prepared for that. The second interview was with a manager and was extremely casual and short. Questions were more along the lines of What's your biggest concern with Accenture? Are you okay with traveling?

Basically if you make it to the third round the job is yours to lose. Just be yourself, smile, and be confident.

Received a final job offer about two weeks later.

Interview Question – What was the most significant project you've worked on?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – The offer seemed to be firm which is fine because the salary was for a lot more than I was expecting.

Los Angeles, CA

I applied through college or university - interviewed at Accenture in October 2013.

Interview Details – I applied through my university career center and had an interview on campus (30 minutes). Business professional, but interviewer was friendly. The first interview was to go over my resume. It was very open ended and up to me to sell myself. They notified us that night if we would be moving on to second stage (the next day), which I didn't.

Interview Question – Is there anything on your resume you'd like to tell me about?   Answer Question

Systems Integration Analyst Interview

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3+ weeks - interviewed at Accenture.

Interview Details – I had two phone interviews and a final office interview. The interviews were mostly based on the interviewer asking behavioral questions. Come prepared with lots of queastions because the in-office interviews are about 45 minutes with each interviewer. I prepared by reviewing the comapny website and focusing on their core values and mission statement. The interviewers are all very nice and made me feel comfortable and at ease when having to answer questions.

Interview Question – Descrube a project that hit a roadblock and how did you handle it?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation. The offer was extremely competitive.

Detroit, MI

I applied through college or university and interviewed at Accenture.

Interview Details – Three interviews total, encountered no difficult questions. The current glassdoor questions covered everything I was asked.

1st interview - 20 minutes, took place at my university, interviewer asked about 5 questions, nothing too difficult - no time to ask any questions, they were pretty strict on the 20 minute time. Heard back within two weeks by email.

2nd interview - 1 hour, took place at my university, interview asked another 5-8 questions, again nothing too difficult (explain a situation when you had to deal with a difficult person, etc. pretty standard questions, nothing that threw me off guard), he asked about my location preference, and gave me time at the end to ask questions and chat on his experience at Accenture. Heard back the following business day by email.

3rd interview - at the local office - two sessions took place that day, one morning and one afternoon - lasted about 4-5 hours. Advise you to come prepared with many questions. I had time once I arrived to chat with current analyst and employees who were at the office that day. It was only me and one other person who interviewed in the afternoon session. And I believe 3 people interviewed in the morning session. Three current analyst walked us through the presentation of benefits, etc. Gave us a lot of time to ask questions, great opportunity to hear of their experiences. From there I had two interviews: one with a manager and another with a senior executive. Both interviews consisted of them asking a couple questions for me, but mainly me asking of their experiences and the company, along with telling them why I'm interested in the company and becoming a consultant. Some questions were: favorite course taken in your major, less favorite course, favorite course taken outside of your major, time you had to mediate a situation and what was the outcome, etc. The senior executive was very serious, I had a hard time connecting with her as I did with the project manager. To make things less awkward come prepared with questions to last you the complete 45 minutes. The interview ended with lunch with the three analysts from before. Overall good experience, great people.

I interviewed the Friday prior to Thanksgiving was told I'd hear back within 2-3 weeks (a tad longer since the recruiter would be out of office for the holiday). At the end of the 2nd week the recruiter contacted me via email stating there would be a delay in the decision process. Heard back the following week after that my location preference did not seem of current availability and asked if I would to be open for other (all) locations. The recruiter suggested one location and I requested to see if more was available. Finally heard back with my offer
right before Christmas. have til the new year to decide -- I plan on accepting.

Interview Question – Name a time you had to deal with difficult co-workers, employees, class mates, etc. How did you handle the situation   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Accenture

Worked for Accenture? Contribute to the Community!

Accenture – Why Work for Us?

Join a global management consulting, technology services and outsourcing company, with approximately 281,000 people serving clients in more than 120 countries. The sheer scale of Accenture’s capabilities and client… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Accenture Systems Integration Analyst interview questions and advice. All 45 interview reviews posted anonymously by Accenture employees and interview candidates.