Accenture

Accenture Systems Integration Analyst Interview Questions in Washington, DC

2.6

7 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Accenture in October 2013.

First interview was on campus about 30 minutes. Mostly a get to know you type interview with questions like What do you do in your free time when you aren't studying or in class? What are your hobbies? It was very laid back. Mostly to see if you're somebody they would want to hang out with and to see if they could put you in front of a client. Called back later the same day for a second round interview the next day.

Second interview was all behavioral, no cases. Standard behavioral questions such as Tell me about the most significant project you've worked on? Tell me about a time you had a conflict with a coworker? Why consulting/Accenture? Have a story prepared for all sorts of these questions, use the STAR method and you'll be fine. A few days later they called with an invitation to onsite interviews.

Onsite interview consisted of a presentation from some current analysts and consultants. This was about an hour and a half. They will answer tons of questions and are a valuable resource to understand the company. Next there are two interviews. One with a Senior Manager and one with a Manager. My first one was with a Senior Manager and it was mostly more behavioral questions. However, this time they answered a lot of follow up questions and wanted more detail to answers so be prepared for that. The second interview was with a manager and was extremely casual and short. Questions were more along the lines of What's your biggest concern with Accenture? Are you okay with traveling?

Basically if you make it to the third round the job is yours to lose. Just be yourself, smile, and be confident.

Received a final job offer about two weeks later.

Interview Questions
  • What was the most significant project you've worked on?   Answer Question
The offer seemed to be firm which is fine because the salary was for a lot more than I was expecting.

Other Interview Reviews for Accenture

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Accenture in October 2013.

I applied through university career website. There were three rounds of interviews. First two rounds are on campus. Rounds 2 and 3 are behavioral.

First round is a review of your resume and is very conversational. Second round consists of 3-4 questions. Questions center around four topics (Teamwork, Conflict Resolution, Time Management, Problem Solving). Third round is on-site in which you sit through a hour presentation then proceed to two interviews by higher level management. Those interviews are similar to the second round.

I received a call for the offer from the recruiter about 3 weeks later.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing too difficult. Was a little caught off by a question about how I would describe day one of the job.   Answer Question
    I did not negotiate because the salary was very competitive.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington, VA

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Accenture in March 2012.

I applied online fall of last year and was just about to give up on this. Then one day late January, I got a phone call asking if I was still interested. I said yes and scheduled a first round interview.

First Round -- short 20-25 minute phone interview, mostly talked about my resume and my interest in Accenture. I would definitely recommend looking at the Accenture website, learn about the core values and the different areas of consulting Accenture offers. A day or two later, I got a call to schedule a second round interview.

Second Round -- 45 minute phone interview, mostly behavioral questions "tell me about a time..." I was on GlassDoor reading about all the interview experiences. I was asked about leadership, teamwork, project work, etc. They really go into depth on the questions, asking several followup questions. I would recommend doing more research on Accenture, looking at example behavioral questions online, and really know your experiences. I practiced all my "stories" several times, made notes before hand so I wouldn't miss anything. Also, make a list of questions to ask the recruiter. I found a website with some questions and adapted those. I received a call about 1 week later to schedule an onsite interview.

Third Round -- about a month after the Second Round, I was flown the night before with the other candidates. There were about 20+ people in my session (morning) and 20+ in the afternoon session. There were 2 separate 45 minute interviews, 1 with a manager, 1 with a senior executive. They were more informal and conversational. I talked about my experiences again, although about half of the time were dedicated to questions I have. I had a list of 25+ questions, although we only got through about half. Following the two interviews, there was a 2 hour period for lunch, presentation, and questions. There were 5 analysts/consultants in the room and each talked about some of his/her projects and experiences. This was the time to ask about living in the area and such. I was flown back in the afternoon.

A day later, I received a call from my recruiter extending an offer. I was told the formal offer will be coming shortly.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a difficult project you worked on and how did you go about it resolving it?   View Answer
    • Talk about a time when you worked in a group, what was your role?   View Answer
    Pay is higher than expected. I've heard that salary is non-negotiable, but starting bonus is. So I will try to negotiate and report back.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Accenture in February 2012.

I applied online to Accenture in late December and was contacted by a recruiter in mid January. We set a phone interview a few days later. The first phone interview just goes over your resume and makes sure you are interested in consulting and Accenture. The second interview took place 2 day after the first. Much more in depth, asking about past experience and how you handled yourself. Expect to deliver a lot details and really know what you are talking about. Past job experiences or projects would be great. My recruiter called me back a few hours later letting me know I was going to an office visit. The longest part of my interview process was waiting for the office visit since they group recruits together and bring them all there at once. Office visit was fairly laid back and very conversational. I think they are really making sure you fit into Accenture's company culture. Accenture is huge on training so they like people who enjoy learning and doing new things. About a week later my recruiter contacted me with the offer! It was a great experience

Interview Questions
    • Describe a team situation when one member was not cooperating. How did you handle the situation.   Answer Question
    • Describe a situation when you did not have enough information to make a decision. What did you do and why?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Reston, VA

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Accenture in January 2012.

Applied online for a management consulting position, was contacted ~3 months later asking whether I had any interest in Systems Integration as an alternative. Had three rounds of interviews-- initial phone screen (typical personality / fit type questions), a second situational interview (tell me about a time when...) and a third in-person interview which was a mix of the two (but a lot less formal than the second round). From what I've heard, if you make it to the in-person, you're virtually in. In terms of culture, everyone I spoke to seemed extremely nice and was more than willing to answer my questions / help me out.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time when you had to deal with a difficult person and how you handled the situation.   Answer Question

Position wasn't in line with my interests (I was more interested in management consulting), plus the location was non-negotiable, and I am looking to stay in NYC.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Alexandria, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Alexandria, VA

The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Accenture in June 2010.

Had 4 different interviewers during one phone interview, most of them did not seem enthusiastic or seem to be excited about what they were doing. Did not attempt to sell me on the job itself, and were at times slightly condescending. While actually describing the job responsibilities, they were unable to answer most of my questions. Got the offer in the end, but declined because of poor enthusiasm and the job description didn't fit my career path.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Reston, VA

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Accenture in February 2010.

After applying online through my campus recruiting, I got my first interview. It started as a meet and greet in a waiting room with 4 DC analysts. They were all friendly, although I felt awkward trying to make conversation, while still trying to prep for my interview. Then my interview began in a separate room, with a Senior Executive from the DC office. He was intimidating at first, but became more friendly by the end, as I asked him more questions about himself. This was a basic resume interview. That night I got an email saying I was invited back for a second round the following day. This interview started the same way with the waiting room. This interviewer was much more casual (a consultant) and less intimidating. He gave me a behavioral interview, which went pretty much as expected. I received a call with my offer a month or so later.

Interview Questions
    • Talk about a hard time for you personally. How did it affect your work life, and how did you cope with the problem? What was the outcome?   Answer Question
    I didn't attempt to negotiate. They gave me 2 weeks to accept.