Accenture Systems Integration Consultant Interview Questions

Updated Sep 2, 2014

2.9

115 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Systems Integration Consultant Interview

Pretty typical interview process, utilizing STAR method. They ask you a lot about the experiences that you list on your resume.

Interview Questions
  • There are various brain teasers, such as the classic bucket-filling question.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Accenture

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Indianapolis, IN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Indianapolis, IN

I applied through other source. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Accenture in March 2013.

I scheduled an interview with the company during the National Society of Black Engineers convention. From my experience it was very disorganized. The interview was delayed by more than 2 hours due to my interview not being present, then the stand in interview was obviously not prepared and did not even have a list of questions

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Seattle, WA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Accenture.

Interviewed out of undergrad. Conducted initial screening interview on campus, then had a behavioral interview that was conducted via phone (there was a massive snow storm, so I believe this was supposed to be completed face to face), and then had a final interview with a local senior executive. The final interview was the easiest of them all, I believe they do it to ensure you will fit in culturally...but I am not sure that they still do this currently.

Interview Questions
    • The questions were all the standard behavioral questions. Upon reflection, it was one of the easier interview processes I have ever gone through, which is slightly disappointing.   Answer Question
    I didn't negotiate. That was at a time when other students had tried to negotiate and had their offers pulled. Accenture was my best offer by far, so I didn't risk it.

Systems Integration Consultant Interview

I applied online - interviewed at Accenture.

Applied online, was contacted for a phone interview. Then was invited to the office for a half day that included a presentation of Accenture with current consultants and two interviews with senior managers. The two in person interviews were behavioral and left plenty of time for questions. Received an offer a few days later.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing out of the ordinary: why you want to work for Accenture, why consulting, etc.   Answer Question

Systems Integration Consultant Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days - interviewed at Accenture in April 2012.

I was referred into the process after a professor heard I was about to accept an offer from BP, so I skipped two of the interviews. I know there are typically one or two rounds of case based interviews that I did not have to complete. I did a screening phone interview with an HR director and then a behavioral interview with a partner in the local office. I received a job offer six hours after my interview.

Interview Questions
    • When is a time you had to make a decision based on the safety of others? Describe the situation and how you came to your decision.

Follow up: Would you have done anything differently looking back?
        View Answer
    There is very little negotiation at the entry level positions. I was able to renegotiate some relocation allowances.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Philadelphia, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

I applied online. The process took 6 months - interviewed at Accenture in March 2012.

The people at Accenture are awesome. The company truly lives up to their diversified reputation.

The waiting period is a little long. It took 3 months for my 1st call since my application submission. I went through two phone interviews (with a month between each one). The first phone interview for about 30 minutes, and the second one for about 45 minutes. Accenture then paid for my expenses to visit face-to-face for an interview in Philadelphia, PA.

At the face-to-face interview there are other candidates there. We met with 5 employees that worked out of that office, and sat through a presentation about the company. We were given a chance to ask them questions that we normally would not ask, or questions that we would not feel comfortable asking in a much more formal setting. Then we were all separated to interview one-on-one with executives of the company. I sat with one exec for 45 minutes, and then another for 45 minutes. After the interview, everyone reconvenes for lunch before heading back home.

Systems Integration Consultant Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Accenture.

I was interviewed at my university first and then a second interview via phone (in place of an in person interview because of weather conditions). I was invited to a third interview at the office - which was more of an information session. I have heard that if you get invited to the third interview that it means that you have the job and they are really just checking to make sure you show up and look presentable.

Interview Questions
    • No difficult questions. I was very surprised. Other interviews were a lot more in depth and harder.   Answer Question
    Only able to negotiate signing(moving) bonus

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Austin, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Accenture in March 2013.

Applied through their website for a position in Austin. I was contacted pretty quickly by an HR Manager to set up a screening phone interview. This consisted of basic questions about your background/resume to ensure that you're not a psycho. Then, there was a second phone interview with an executive. They accidentally scheduled my interview at the same time as another applicant and the executive called me personally to apologize and reschedule. This interview was a little more in depth-background, personality traits, experience. Lasted about 45 minutes. They seemed very interested in harvesting bright young minds regardless of experience. I was informed a few days (maybe a week) after that interview via email that I had been chosen for the final round interview in Houston. According to reviews I'd seen on this website, most people said if you make it to the third round, you are "set" and they will be trying to sell you the company rather than the other way around, so needless to say, I was optimistic. They flew me to their office in Houston, I was in a group of 5 applicants and we sat through an hour-long presentation on the company given by one of their consultants and lunch was provided. Then, we were individually taken into separate manager offices to have our 1:1 interviews. Both were straight forward-career goals, experiences in college, a lot of small talk and finding things in common. This happens twice, then you are let go for the day. The whole process lasted about 3 hours. I was EXTREMELY optimistic coming out of the interview. Everything seemed to have gone as well as I think it could have, but I received a dreaded email a few days later saying I had not been chosen. Still curious as to what happened..I emailed the manager I spoke to and asked for feedback that I could use for future interviews but received no reply.

Interview Questions
    • Seeing as I have no IT experience whatsoever, the most difficult question had to be "Which system do you see yourself working with and why?"   View Answer

Systems Integration Consultant Interview

I applied through college or university - interviewed at Accenture.

Started out with a generic phone interview about my resume. Got invited for a second phone interview that was behavioral that was a little more tough, but not anything unusual. Do not be afraid to pause for a minute to think. Between questions I found it useful to talk about non-interview questions to get a personal connection with the interviewer

Interview Questions
    • Describe something you have been a part of developing from start to finish.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Boston, MA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Accenture in February 2013.

The hiring and interview process was pretty straighforward. I spoke with a recruiter at a career fair and he put me in touch with the specific recruiter who is in charge of the location I was interested in. About a week after getting in touch with her, I had my first interview. It was on capmpus, 30 minutes long and basic. My questions included: what extra-curricular activities have you been involved with, what jobs have you held and why do you want to work at Accenture. A week later I had my round 2 interview. It was behavioral and the entire interview built on "tell me about a time you had to work very hard for something". That interview was a little over an hour long. Round 3 is in three days.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time you had to work very hard for something.   Answer Question