Accenture

Average Difficulty
112 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Systems Integration Consultant

I applied online and interviewed at Accenture.

Interview Details – Applied online, was contacted for a phone interview. Then was invited to the office for a half day that included a presentation of Accenture with current consultants and two interviews with senior managers. The two in person interviews were behavioral and left plenty of time for questions. Received an offer a few days later.

Interview Question – Nothing out of the ordinary: why you want to work for Accenture, why consulting, etc.   Answer Question

Systems Integration Consultant

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Accenture in April 2012.

Interview Details – I was referred into the process after a professor heard I was about to accept an offer from BP, so I skipped two of the interviews. I know there are typically one or two rounds of case based interviews that I did not have to complete. I did a screening phone interview with an HR director and then a behavioral interview with a partner in the local office. I received a job offer six hours after my interview.

Interview Question – When is a time you had to make a decision based on the safety of others? Describe the situation and how you came to your decision.

Follow up: Would you have done anything differently looking back?
  View Answer

Negotiation Details – There is very little negotiation at the entry level positions. I was able to renegotiate some relocation allowances.

Philadelphia, PA

I applied online and the process took 6 months - interviewed at Accenture in March 2012.

Interview Details – The people at Accenture are awesome. The company truly lives up to their diversified reputation.

The waiting period is a little long. It took 3 months for my 1st call since my application submission. I went through two phone interviews (with a month between each one). The first phone interview for about 30 minutes, and the second one for about 45 minutes. Accenture then paid for my expenses to visit face-to-face for an interview in Philadelphia, PA.

At the face-to-face interview there are other candidates there. We met with 5 employees that worked out of that office, and sat through a presentation about the company. We were given a chance to ask them questions that we normally would not ask, or questions that we would not feel comfortable asking in a much more formal setting. Then we were all separated to interview one-on-one with executives of the company. I sat with one exec for 45 minutes, and then another for 45 minutes. After the interview, everyone reconvenes for lunch before heading back home.

Interview Questions

Systems Integration Consultant

I applied through college or university and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Accenture.

Interview Details – I was interviewed at my university first and then a second interview via phone (in place of an in person interview because of weather conditions). I was invited to a third interview at the office - which was more of an information session. I have heard that if you get invited to the third interview that it means that you have the job and they are really just checking to make sure you show up and look presentable.

Interview Question – No difficult questions. I was very surprised. Other interviews were a lot more in depth and harder.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Only able to negotiate signing(moving) bonus

Austin, TX

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Accenture in March 2013.

Interview Details – Applied through their website for a position in Austin. I was contacted pretty quickly by an HR Manager to set up a screening phone interview. This consisted of basic questions about your background/resume to ensure that you're not a psycho. Then, there was a second phone interview with an executive. They accidentally scheduled my interview at the same time as another applicant and the executive called me personally to apologize and reschedule. This interview was a little more in depth-background, personality traits, experience. Lasted about 45 minutes. They seemed very interested in harvesting bright young minds regardless of experience. I was informed a few days (maybe a week) after that interview via email that I had been chosen for the final round interview in Houston. According to reviews I'd seen on this website, most people said if you make it to the third round, you are "set" and they will be trying to sell you the company rather than the other way around, so needless to say, I was optimistic. They flew me to their office in Houston, I was in a group of 5 applicants and we sat through an hour-long presentation on the company given by one of their consultants and lunch was provided. Then, we were individually taken into separate manager offices to have our 1:1 interviews. Both were straight forward-career goals, experiences in college, a lot of small talk and finding things in common. This happens twice, then you are let go for the day. The whole process lasted about 3 hours. I was EXTREMELY optimistic coming out of the interview. Everything seemed to have gone as well as I think it could have, but I received a dreaded email a few days later saying I had not been chosen. Still curious as to what happened..I emailed the manager I spoke to and asked for feedback that I could use for future interviews but received no reply.

Interview Question – Seeing as I have no IT experience whatsoever, the most difficult question had to be "Which system do you see yourself working with and why?"   View Answer

Systems Integration Consultant

I applied through college or university and interviewed at Accenture.

Interview Details – Started out with a generic phone interview about my resume. Got invited for a second phone interview that was behavioral that was a little more tough, but not anything unusual. Do not be afraid to pause for a minute to think. Between questions I found it useful to talk about non-interview questions to get a personal connection with the interviewer

Interview Question – Describe something you have been a part of developing from start to finish.   Answer Question

Boston, MA

I applied through college or university and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Accenture in February 2013.

Interview Details – The hiring and interview process was pretty straighforward. I spoke with a recruiter at a career fair and he put me in touch with the specific recruiter who is in charge of the location I was interested in. About a week after getting in touch with her, I had my first interview. It was on capmpus, 30 minutes long and basic. My questions included: what extra-curricular activities have you been involved with, what jobs have you held and why do you want to work at Accenture. A week later I had my round 2 interview. It was behavioral and the entire interview built on "tell me about a time you had to work very hard for something". That interview was a little over an hour long. Round 3 is in three days.

Interview Question – Tell me about a time you had to work very hard for something.   Answer Question

Systems Integration Consultant

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Accenture.

Interview Details – Phone screen, tech interview, personal behavior screening, final office interview.

Interview Question – Nothing really, just be sure what you applied for is what you want to do.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – no negotiation was allow....

Seattle, WA

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Accenture in August 2012.

Interview Details – Accenture recruiters vary in style and organization. I was initially contacted by a woman in the DC office. She was very friendly and quick to respond to any questions I had. I started with an initial "Here's what the position is" phone call with the recruiter.

She then set me up with a First Round phone interview with an executive for a few days later. In the confirmation she told me exactly what kind of things he would be talking to me about. He asked me questions about my resume and academic background, nothing too complicated. Be sure you have career goals to talk about.

The next interview was the dreaded situational interview. I should mention that the people calling you are from different offices of Accenture. The woman who called was from Chicago, and very nice. She asked a few of the standard questions like, "When was time you didn't get along with somebody and how did you resolve it?" and "Have you ever had to teach people something and met challenges?"

Heard back from the recruiter the next day and was asked to do an on site interview. This is where Accenture gets MAJOR bonus points from me. I was nowhere near DC and the recruiter managed to contact an office close to me and and get me an interview there. Of course it drew out my process a little longer, but it was really nice of her to do that.

The on site interview was probably the least stressful. I interviewed with a manager for about 30 minutes. He had my whole file in front of him and referenced answers I'd given in previous conversations (HINT: Really non-traditional answers will get their attention) and gave me tips on how to word my previous experience so it sounded even more impressive. He left me in the waiting room for about 30 minutes before I was sent into a partner's office.

This executive was extremely friendly and pretty much gave me the rundown of how Accenture works and the different clients they work with. I was feeling pretty good here because it appeared he was trying to sell me the company instead of me trying to prove I was a good fit. Of course he asked if I was ok with problem solving, technology, etc. We talked for about 45 minutes about all sorts of things, not just Accenture. At the end, he told me he was going to recommend I be hired.

I got a formal offer about a week later. It was for an office I wasn't really keen on, and I let the recruiter know. She was amazing and asked me where I would like to go and then got me an offer in the other office! Transferred me to the local recruiter there.

Interview Question – "Tell me about a time you had to teach somebody something and were met with challenges." This turned into a cascade of questions asking to detail the challenges and how I approached each one.   Answer Question

Minneapolis, MN

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Accenture in November 2012.

Interview Details – Had a phone interview (due to conflict of time with on-campus interview) after the career fair. Heard back within a few days and was informed that I made it to the second round of on-campus interviews.

Second round interview consisted of a 1:1 interview, although I heard some people had phone interviews in the interview suite. Great interview, very professional. The recruiter dissected the resume and tries to get you to go into immense detail about your experiences. Heard back within a few days with the results of the second round and was asked to go to Minneapolis to interview for interviews with a senior manager and a senior executive.

The third round interview was very relaxed. It consisted of the two interviews (same style as 2nd round), a lunch with present consultants and analysts, and a presentation by the same consultants/analysts about the company. Long day, but very informational, and extremely impressive group.

Interview Question – Have you ever been in a situation where your opinion was not valued and what did you do?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Do a lot of research into the industry standard but as I discovered Accenture makes a very fair and competitive offer.

Interviews for Top Jobs at Accenture