Accenture

Updated Sep 2, 2014

2.9

115 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Systems Integration Consultant Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Accenture.

Started out with a generic phone interview about my resume. Got invited for a second phone interview that was behavioral that was a little more tough, but not anything unusual. Do not be afraid to pause for a minute to think. Between questions I found it useful to talk about non-interview questions to get a personal connection with the interviewer

Interview Questions
  • Describe something you have been a part of developing from start to finish.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Accenture

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Indianapolis, IN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Indianapolis, IN

I applied through other source. The process took a weekinterviewed at Accenture in March 2013.

I scheduled an interview with the company during the National Society of Black Engineers convention. From my experience it was very disorganized. The interview was delayed by more than 2 hours due to my interview not being present, then the stand in interview was obviously not prepared and did not even have a list of questions

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Accenture in March 2013.

Applied through their website for a position in Austin. I was contacted pretty quickly by an HR Manager to set up a screening phone interview. This consisted of basic questions about your background/resume to ensure that you're not a psycho. Then, there was a second phone interview with an executive. They accidentally scheduled my interview at the same time as another applicant and the executive called me personally to apologize and reschedule. This interview was a little more in depth-background, personality traits, experience. Lasted about 45 minutes. They seemed very interested in harvesting bright young minds regardless of experience. I was informed a few days (maybe a week) after that interview via email that I had been chosen for the final round interview in Houston. According to reviews I'd seen on this website, most people said if you make it to the third round, you are "set" and they will be trying to sell you the company rather than the other way around, so needless to say, I was optimistic. They flew me to their office in Houston, I was in a group of 5 applicants and we sat through an hour-long presentation on the company given by one of their consultants and lunch was provided. Then, we were individually taken into separate manager offices to have our 1:1 interviews. Both were straight forward-career goals, experiences in college, a lot of small talk and finding things in common. This happens twice, then you are let go for the day. The whole process lasted about 3 hours. I was EXTREMELY optimistic coming out of the interview. Everything seemed to have gone as well as I think it could have, but I received a dreaded email a few days later saying I had not been chosen. Still curious as to what happened..I emailed the manager I spoke to and asked for feedback that I could use for future interviews but received no reply.

Interview Questions
    • Seeing as I have no IT experience whatsoever, the most difficult question had to be "Which system do you see yourself working with and why?"   View Answer

Systems Integration Consultant Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Accenture.

Phone screen, tech interview, personal behavior screening, final office interview.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing really, just be sure what you applied for is what you want to do.   Answer Question
    no negotiation was allow....

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Accenture in February 2013.

The hiring and interview process was pretty straighforward. I spoke with a recruiter at a career fair and he put me in touch with the specific recruiter who is in charge of the location I was interested in. About a week after getting in touch with her, I had my first interview. It was on capmpus, 30 minutes long and basic. My questions included: what extra-curricular activities have you been involved with, what jobs have you held and why do you want to work at Accenture. A week later I had my round 2 interview. It was behavioral and the entire interview built on "tell me about a time you had to work very hard for something". That interview was a little over an hour long. Round 3 is in three days.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time you had to work very hard for something.   Answer Question

Systems Integration Consultant Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Accenture.

The interview process was very slow, with one on campus interview and one on site session with multiple interviews. This was for the San Francisco office. After the final interview, it took over a month for decisions to be made. Interview process was purely behavioral, and the 3 that interviewed me (one on campus, two on site) were all very friendly and easy to talk to.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing difficult. There were no case questions or technical questions.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Accenture.

The first and Second rounds are on-campus interview. The third round is on-site.

Interview Questions
    • The questions are not difficult. Most of them are behavioral questions. They want to see if you are fix for their company.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Accenture in December 2012.

Recruited through a conference. On-site screening interview ( 20 min) with a few behavioral / why accenture questions. 2nd round phone interview - 1 hour: behavioral. 3rd round office visit: 1 hour presentation followed by to interviews with senior managers.

Overall straightforward and easy if you know how to engage well with a person and know what to say for the behavioral questions.

Interview Questions

Wanted to pursue something more aligned with my degree.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hartford, CT
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hartford, CT

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Accenture in December 2012.

3 rounds-

1- On campus, 1-1 interview with an HR rep. Very laid back
    2- On the phone, 1 hour, in depth, behavioral & situational questions
    3- In the office all day, with several different interviewees. Really ask you about yourself, what you want to do, and your resume.

Interview Questions
    I didn't negotiate- very generous salary considering I'm just graduating college

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied through college or university. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Accenture in November 2012.

I first came into contact with a recruiter at a campus-wide career fair. From there, I applied through my school's career website as well as the company website.

There were three different interviews that I went through. A couple of weeks after I applied, I was contacted about a pre-screening interview. It lasted about 30 minutes. It was really relaxed. I met with one of the managers. She asked me a few questions about my resume and career goals. She then went on to tell me more about her experiences with the company as well as just giving more info about the position and the company. Later that day, I received an e-mail saying that I made it passed the first round interview.

Since I wasn't able to make it to the second interview the very next day, I set up a date and time for a phone interview. The recruiter sent me an e-mail confirming the details and also telling me what to expect. This interview was behavioral based. To prepare for it, I googled several behavioral questions and then wrote out several different general situations that I could use to answer the questions. I was told that the interview would last about 45 but mines was shy of 30 minutes. I think it was because I was asked three questions and I used the STAR method when answering the questions. The interviewer only had to ask a few follow-up questions.

About a week later, I was contacted by the recruiter stating that I had made it to the 3rd and final round of the interview process. I had two weeks to get prepared. It lasted about 3 hours. For the first hour and a half, three other candidates and I were given a presentation by three consultants who had been working for the company for less than 2 years. It was really relaxed and they shared freely about their experiences and answered any questions that we had. Then the candidates were all split up for two 45 minute interviews with senior executives. Honestly they asked me a few questions and then did most of the talking. After the interview finally ended, I was told that I would hear back from them within 10 days.

The next morning, I sent follow-up thank you e-mails to both of the senior exevutives. One actually responded the following day which kind of shocked me!

About 6 business days later, I received a call from the recruiter stating that Accenture would love to extend me an offer. Now I am waiting to get the final details about salary, start date, benefits, etc.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time you had to explain a complex set of instructions to another person.   View Answer
    I look forward to negotiating the terms if needed.