Accenture Systems Integration Consultant Interview Questions in Washington, DC

Updated Aug 14, 2014

14 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Reston, VA
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Reston, VA

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Accenture in November 2010.

Submitted my resume through on campus recruiting. Many candidates were selected, so Accenture took over our career center for a Thursday and just had conversational screening interviews. Received feedback that very day and was asked to return tomorrow for an one hour behavioral interview. For the first 30 minutes, my interviewer was acted cold and intimidating and asked difficult questions about how I react to different circumstances. After the 30 minutes were up, she became a different person and we had a nice conversation for the remainder of the process.

Within a week, I received a call back to go to the closest office location where we were served lunch while give a presentation on ACN propaganda and concluded with 2 30-minute interviews. The final of which was with a Partner of the firm where he basically said that his job is to convince me that I want to work for ACN :-)

Other Interview Reviews for Accenture

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 months - interviewed at Accenture.

On campus interview process in undergrad. One screening interview of 15 minutes via phone, one on campus call back with behavioral questions, on-site interview day with presentations and two interviews with senior executives (behavioral questions and general conversation)

Interview Questions
    • Why do you want to work here?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time when you had a group project and things did not go well. What did you do?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ weeks - interviewed at Accenture.

Met Accenture at a Career Fair (was looking for them all over and found ten or so minutes before the career fair would end for the day), got an onsight 1st interview for the next day.
                - This will be a screening to get to know you, your attitude, resume, working with teams, and Why Accenture (crucial question for all three steps)
    After one business week I was told I would be moved to the second round. This round was long (1 hour exactly and I was only able to ask one questions because it seemed as if after the one hour the interviewer had other commitments). This interview is completely behavioral so have atleast 3 stories memorized that you can talk about IN DETAIL in regards to team work and how YOU handled things; even though they dont instruct this way but STAR method is best.
    Questions were?
    - Name a time you were a part of a project or something for an extended amount of time (perhaps a project you were apart of from start to finish
    - Tell me about a time you depended one somebody for information (or in general) and they didnt come through
    - Name a time where you had a lot of information and how did you handle it

I spent atleast 15 minutes on each question so i can minimize the amount of questions interviewer would ask because more and more questions can get repititive
    So we ended with the why Accenture (this was also indirectly asked in the very beginning as well) + one question I asked and the hour was over

3 busniess days later I was informed I would be moving to the 3rd round a week later (all expense trip to DC location)

Started with the 1.5-2 hour presentation from 4 current analyst (very nice very laid back)

Then the interview part; first with manager, then with senior manager (have ALOT of questions prepared, ALOT)

First interview:
    Asked 2 typical behavioral questions (something like general team work skills, and the wierd questions of name a time things went down South; I was completely in a blank...after all you are trying to impress them...right?)
    My key in this interview was that I kept asking more and more and more questions about the managers experience and about Accenture to steer away from traditional annoying behavioral questions
    ....oh yea and WHY ACCENTURE??? (and are you ok with traveling)

Second interview: (was alot more formal and frightening)
    Asked like 5 behavioral questions
    - Had conflict with co-worker
    -Unexpected problem and how did you solve
    - A couple others
    - Why Accenture
    - Ok with traveling?
    - Location

tried to ask same amount of questions but because this interview was so much more formal then the previous one I felt like a panicked a bit

....I thought i blew the interview so much...but I got an offer 5 business days later (All praise is to God)

Hope this helps
    Be confident but not arrogant
    Know your stories and the company
    Be proactive

Interview Questions
    • Name a time you were on a project and things went completely South   Answer Question
    Salary: Great
    Relocation bonus: Not so good, but being out of college leaved little room for complaining and lots for being thankful

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Arlington, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington, VA

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 weeks - interviewed at Accenture in November 2009.

I interviewed with Accenture for a Systems Integration Analyst position on campus (University of Florida) and then in their Arlington office. The process was 4 interviews overall. The first two rounds were held on campus and the last two at their office. All the interviews were pretty standard (background, skills, leadership experience, technical experience and why do you want to work here). They got back to me fairly quickly after each round and said they would get me an offer decision within two weeks after the final interview. I was contacted about 1 week later and received an offer. I took 2 weeks to make a decision and, upon accepting, they let me choose my start date. Overall, the interview process was straight-forward and relaxed with very general behavioral and background questions.

Interview Questions
    • While leading a team, did you ever have a low performer and how did you deal with the situation?   View Answer
    I didn't negotiate because I felt the offer was above average and it was my first job.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Accenture in October 2009.

2 Rounds of interviews at school, then the final round was held at the office.
    1st Round - Screening
    2nd Round - Behavioral and Case Studies
    3rd Round - Meeting with executives

Interview Questions
    • The 2nd round was the most difficult. Bring your A game and expect to be thinking on your toes.   Answer Question
    Slight negotiation

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Accenture in July 2012.

Had a three round approach:

1st Round was a 15 minute phone conversation about Accenture. The lady didn't even ask about my resume. Asked if I had any questions and that was it

2nd Round was a 45 minute phone conversation with behavioral questions. I have a few years with management consutling experience, so it was a breeze. Just be prepared to discuss things on your resume.

3rd Round was an office visit at their new location in Northern Virginia (Ballston). Was a beautiful office. There were about 15 other interviewees that day. They had 5 consultants hanging around answering our questions and then we each met with partners for two 45 minute interviews. These interviews were a little more detailed. They asked resume specific questions and why I was interested in Accenture. One of their biggest questions was why I want to leave my current job. Lastly, we were served lunch and given a presentation about the company/benefits/etc. Was called the next day for an offer.

They would not negotiate. They said "We really put our best offer forward"
    My offer was $72K/yr with $4k signing bonus. I have a B.S. in Industrial Eng. and have two years of consulting experience.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Arlington, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington, VA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Accenture in June 2012.

Submitted my resume and cover letter via LinkedIn and an employee internal referral. Received a call from a recruiter that same day setting up a phone interview for the following week. The first phone interview was straightforward, asking questions about my resume and why I wanted to go into consulting and why Accenture. It lasted less than 30 min. The same day the recruiter called me and set up a second round phone interview for the following week. The second interview was more behavioral questions. Later that day the recruiter called me back to set up an on site interview for 2 weeks later. When I showed up to the on site interview, I was surprised to find 16 other candidates were also interviewing, for a "few" spots. The on site interview consisted of mingling with the candidates, a presentation and lunch with current employees, and 2 exit interviews with senior executives. The recruiter said they would let us know in 1 - 2 weeks. The recruiter called me the following Monday, two business days later with the offer.

Interview Questions
    • Explain a time when you had an overwhelming task to do, how did you handle it?   Answer Question
    I didn't try to negotiate because I felt it was non-negotiable.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Accenture in June 2012.

A recruiter contacted me to apply for this position after I applied online for the same position but in another location. The first two interviews were fairly easy phone interviews and the third one being an office visit. The second interview was definitely more in-depth about your experience in certain situations (i.e. working in a group, overcoming a difficult task, etc.).

Interview Questions
    • How did you overcome a problem/complete a project in which you had little guidance or directions?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Accenture in April 2012.

The interview process was swift. I was contacted via email by a recruiter, we set up the first interview date. I was interviewed by a manager in Systems Integration. The first interview mostly comprised of reviewing the information on my resume.
    He asked me to walk him through my resume. And then asked me a few questions about my resume and about my interest in Accenture and consulting in general. So you might want to concretise your reasons!

After the first phone interview, I was contacted to schedule the second phone interview. I've not yet had the second interview. But I know it's going to be more behavioral. I'll be sure to come back and update this once I get the job offer!! :-)

Interview Questions
    I heard they don't negotiate salaries but I'll be sure to talk about relocation assistance and other benefits.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Accenture in February 2012.

Applied online, first interview was to go over resume and some brief things about yourself. Second phone interview was behavioral and 'name a time when time questions', backed by example and details about it.

Interview Questions
    • Name a time when you dealt with a difficult customer. What did you do to resolve problem?   Answer Question
    • Name a time when you lead a team. If I were a fly on the wall what would I observe.   Answer Question

Worked for Accenture? Contribute to the Community!