Accenture

www.accenture.com

Accenture Systems Integration Consultant Interview Questions & Reviews in Washington, DC

Average Difficulty
8 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Washington, DC

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Accenture.

Interview Details – On campus interview process in undergrad. One screening interview of 15 minutes via phone, one on campus call back with behavioral questions, on-site interview day with presentations and two interviews with senior executives (behavioral questions and general conversation)

Washington, DC

I applied through college or university and the process took 3+ weeks - interviewed at Accenture.

Interview Details – Met Accenture at a Career Fair (was looking for them all over and found ten or so minutes before the career fair would end for the day), got an onsight 1st interview for the next day.
            - This will be a screening to get to know you, your attitude, resume, working with teams, and Why Accenture (crucial question for all three steps)
After one business week I was told I would be moved to the second round. This round was long (1 hour exactly and I was only able to ask one questions because it seemed as if after the one hour the interviewer had other commitments). This interview is completely behavioral so have atleast 3 stories memorized that you can talk about IN DETAIL in regards to team work and how YOU handled things; even though they dont instruct this way but STAR method is best.
Questions were?
- Name a time you were a part of a project or something for an extended amount of time (perhaps a project you were apart of from start to finish
- Tell me about a time you depended one somebody for information (or in general) and they didnt come through
- Name a time where you had a lot of information and how did you handle it

I spent atleast 15 minutes on each question so i can minimize the amount of questions interviewer would ask because more and more questions can get repititive
So we ended with the why Accenture (this was also indirectly asked in the very beginning as well) + one question I asked and the hour was over

3 busniess days later I was informed I would be moving to the 3rd round a week later (all expense trip to DC location)

Started with the 1.5-2 hour presentation from 4 current analyst (very nice very laid back)

Then the interview part; first with manager, then with senior manager (have ALOT of questions prepared, ALOT)

First interview:
Asked 2 typical behavioral questions (something like general team work skills, and the wierd questions of name a time things went down South; I was completely in a blank...after all you are trying to impress them...right?)
My key in this interview was that I kept asking more and more and more questions about the managers experience and about Accenture to steer away from traditional annoying behavioral questions
....oh yea and WHY ACCENTURE??? (and are you ok with traveling)

Second interview: (was alot more formal and frightening)
Asked like 5 behavioral questions
- Had conflict with co-worker
-Unexpected problem and how did you solve
- A couple others
- Why Accenture
- Ok with traveling?
- Location

tried to ask same amount of questions but because this interview was so much more formal then the previous one I felt like a panicked a bit

....I thought i blew the interview so much...but I got an offer 5 business days later (All praise is to God)

Hope this helps
Be confident but not arrogant
Know your stories and the company
Be proactive

Interview Question – Name a time you were on a project and things went completely South   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Salary: Great
Relocation bonus: Not so good, but being out of college leaved little room for complaining and lots for being thankful

Washington, DC

I applied through college or university and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Accenture in October 2009.

Interview Details – 2 Rounds of interviews at school, then the final round was held at the office.
1st Round - Screening
2nd Round - Behavioral and Case Studies
3rd Round - Meeting with executives

Interview Question – The 2nd round was the most difficult. Bring your A game and expect to be thinking on your toes.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Slight negotiation

Washington, DC

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Accenture in July 2012.

Interview Details – Had a three round approach:

1st Round was a 15 minute phone conversation about Accenture. The lady didn't even ask about my resume. Asked if I had any questions and that was it

2nd Round was a 45 minute phone conversation with behavioral questions. I have a few years with management consutling experience, so it was a breeze. Just be prepared to discuss things on your resume.

3rd Round was an office visit at their new location in Northern Virginia (Ballston). Was a beautiful office. There were about 15 other interviewees that day. They had 5 consultants hanging around answering our questions and then we each met with partners for two 45 minute interviews. These interviews were a little more detailed. They asked resume specific questions and why I was interested in Accenture. One of their biggest questions was why I want to leave my current job. Lastly, we were served lunch and given a presentation about the company/benefits/etc. Was called the next day for an offer.

Negotiation Details – They would not negotiate. They said "We really put our best offer forward"
My offer was $72K/yr with $4k signing bonus. I have a B.S. in Industrial Eng. and have two years of consulting experience.

Washington, DC

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Accenture in June 2012.

Interview Details – A recruiter contacted me to apply for this position after I applied online for the same position but in another location. The first two interviews were fairly easy phone interviews and the third one being an office visit. The second interview was definitely more in-depth about your experience in certain situations (i.e. working in a group, overcoming a difficult task, etc.).

Interview Question – How did you overcome a problem/complete a project in which you had little guidance or directions?   Answer Question

Washington, DC

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Accenture in April 2012.

Interview Details – The interview process was swift. I was contacted via email by a recruiter, we set up the first interview date. I was interviewed by a manager in Systems Integration. The first interview mostly comprised of reviewing the information on my resume.
He asked me to walk him through my resume. And then asked me a few questions about my resume and about my interest in Accenture and consulting in general. So you might want to concretise your reasons!

After the first phone interview, I was contacted to schedule the second phone interview. I've not yet had the second interview. But I know it's going to be more behavioral. I'll be sure to come back and update this once I get the job offer!! :-)

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – I heard they don't negotiate salaries but I'll be sure to talk about relocation assistance and other benefits.

Washington, DC

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Accenture in February 2012.

Interview Details – Applied online, first interview was to go over resume and some brief things about yourself. Second phone interview was behavioral and 'name a time when time questions', backed by example and details about it.

Interview Questions

• Name a time when you dealt with a difficult customer. What did you do to resolve problem?   Answer Question
  • Name a time when you lead a team. If I were a fly on the wall what would I observe.   Answer Question

Washington, DC

The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Accenture in November 2009.

Interview Details – A long, drawn out process. There were multiple phone interviews. Two phone interviews with Accenture technical recruiter. One interview with a manager. Another face to face interview with a senior manager. All in all the interview process could have been much shorter. I think after one phone interview I could have had an in person interview. Other local, competing consulting firms interview and decide on candidates in one day. The interviews were not challenging. Most of the material covered during interviews involved me telling them about my field of experience and my career goals. I only had to answer a few very general technical questions around project management and client engagement.

Interview Question – What was the most difficult experience you faced while working on a project, and how did you overcome it?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – As an experienced consultant, I was able to negotiate for a salary range, but prepared that whatever salary range you give, you will get the lower number in your range for salary. I was given a small, $5000 signing bonus.

Worked for Accenture? Contribute to the Community!