Accenture

www.accenture.com
  www.accenture.com

Accenture Systems Integration Consulting Analyst Interview Questions in Houston, TX

2 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Systems Integration Consulting Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Accenture in April 2011.

I had applied for this job online and did not even remember when did I apply. One day, I received an email in my inbox saying that I have been narrowed down for an 3 round interview process for Entry level consultant position. By the ways, entry level consultant at ACN is called Analyst. The email asked for a copy of my updated resume and unofficial transcripts for my degree, listing my overall GPA. Also, I was asked for my top 3 location preferences.

Preview:

Now, I applied online as a 'recent grad' and hence I was called by college recruiting division. Keep in mind, ACN did not come to my campus nor was I hired through a college job fair. Also, they were looking to fill positions quickly. I was being hired for Houston office but my final 1:1 interview was in Dallas

Round 1:
So, the first round was a very basic interview about my resume, types of roles I am looking at and any questions about the position. It lasted for about 15 minutes and the very SAME DAY I received confirmation.

Round 2:
This interview lasted for about 45 mins.This interview was situational in nature. It focused on how you to handle situations in the past that are common to Accenture's working environment. This is a very detailed process and you will be probed to answer questions which arise from your situational experience. Be prepared by answering all possible pros and cons. Provide as much detail as you can and cater those details to their requirements. For this round, I owe a lot to Glassdoor. Check out the interview questions.

Round 3:
I received CONFIRMATION of clearing this round the very same day. It was like a dream come true for me. Anyways, Round 3 was bit delayed because the day I was scheduled to fly to Dallas witnessed unusual snowing (glaze) in Houston and my flight was cancelled. As a result, it was rescheduled 2 weeks later. So in all i had to wait for a month. My 3rd round was very straight forward, it was 4 hour long which involved office tour, benefit information and meeting with 2 partners for 45 minutes each. Within 3-4 days, I received my final offer

Interview Questions
  • Tell me a difficult situation at work and how did you handle it? (Round 2)   View Answer
  • Give me an example of how you lead or participated in a team and what were the outcomes. (Round 2)   View Answer
  • Round 3, was very straight forward. No tricky questions. Similar to phone interview questions.
    Why Accenture?

View Answer
Well, I did not negotiate but I was told that because of my higher academic qualification (Masters), was taken into consideration while determining my package. I had a couple of other interviews with other companies but the overall offer made by Accenture seemed fairly good. Nothing exceptional but acceptable.

Other Interview Reviews for Accenture

Systems Integration Consulting Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Accenture in March 2011.

One day after Christmas 2010, I received an email for the systems integration consulting analyst position from the Houston office approximately two months after I applied for the position (though I had been in their system since April 2010). I was asked to provide my resume and unofficial transcripts (listing overall GPA). One week later I received an email asking to have an initial screening interview the very next day. This interview lasted approximately 30 minutes. I described my resume in great detail, stated why I wanted to move to Houston, and why consulting and Accenture were something I was interested in.

One day later I received notification that they would schedule a one hour situational phone interview. How I prepared: I came to glassdoor.com I looked at the possible questions that would be asked. I then tailored personally specific answers to each possible question. Because you can have your resume, cover letter, and applicable "cheat sheets" infront of you, you can look at materials and not memorize as much. This phone interview was a lot of talking and explaining situations in your past. The same evening I had my interview, I was notified that I received a positive recommendation and to continue forward with my application process. Accenture wanted me for a final round interview theee days later; however, because of prior work obligations I was unable to attend. The next date would be in Dallas nearly three weeks later; however, was later cancelled due to snow. The next available date was mid-March in their Chicago office (though I was still going for a Houston position). I pulled all applicable questions off of Glassdoor.com.

The final interview day was extremely long. I woke up at 3 AM for a 5:40 AM flight to Chicago. I carried my suit on the plane and put it in the captain's closet. I changed in the airport and caught the train to downtown Chicago. When I arrived, two analysts took me out to lunch downtown at 11 AM. We spoke about what working as an SI analyst at Accenture and I was able to ask another other press questions. I asked a lot about the management consulting practice (as this was my interest). They said what you do as an SI analyst is almost no different than what you do as a mgt. consulting analyst, a mgt. consulting analyst just does more powerpoint. It depends on what projects you get put on and what projects you choose (after working for a little while). After lunch we went to back to the office, where I was to have two interviews with senior managers (not HR representatives). Both interviews were situational once again. The first interviewer was very laid back. It was more of a "just getting to know you" interview. The second interview was more serious, dry, and slightly more intimidating. Initially it shocked me; however, I eventually eased into the interview. I asked the same three questions to both interviewers: (1) typical career path; (2) Houston office working with a lot of oil/gas industry; and (3) does an SI analyst's role change from project to project. Both interviews were approximately 45 minutes a piece with a break in between. I finished the day at 3 PM with my flight leaving at 6 PM. This gave me enough time to get some local food to go. I arrived back at 11 PM. Two business days later I received a phone call with an offer. The start date was for two months later (June 2011).

Interview Questions
    • Describe a situation when you had to handle a lot of details.
      Describe a situation where there were unclear instructions.

Answer Question
    • Describe a time when you had more than you could handle.   View Answer
    • Describe a situation where you worked in a group, it didn't go so well, and what you would do differently.   Answer Question
    • Describe a time where you sought out to know more about something.   View Answer
    • Describe a time when someone in a group wasn't pulling their weight and how did you handle it?   Answer Question
    I didn't negotiate. Considering I had been trying to break into consulting for 10 months and didn't have a "real" job (however hold a Master's degree), I took what they gave me. This was mid-range 50k including a relocation bonus.