Accenture Systems Integration Consulting Analyst Interview Questions & Reviews

2.5

26 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Atlanta, GA
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Accenture in April 2013.

Three-rounds of interviews. First was on campus, super simple. My second interview was also on campus with a different manager. Also simple, straight forward behavioral interview questions. Third round was at local office (Atlanta) and it lasted half a day. We viewed presentations by other analysts and could ask questions. Discussed benefits, salaries, and general company info and opportunities. There were two interviews this day with managers and senior managers. Again, very simple questions. No coding, no case studies, no technical questions... It was just very easy! Know your resume, be able to communicate your desires/expectations from the company, elaborate (STAR method) on experiences, and be natural! Be professional, but let your personality show too. Accenture culture seems pretty laid-back compared to other consulting firms I've interacted with. Not Google or Facebook laid-back, but as relaxed as a consulting firm can be. Still have to wear a suit to the interview though =) Good luck!

Interview Questions
  • None. Just Google typical behavioral interview questions. No coding, no case studies, nothing technical.   Answer Question
Negotiated start date (got first choice, pushed date back by five months b/c I needed a break after graduation. They wanted me to start the following week! Umm, no!). Also negotiated location (first choice. Offer initially in Atlanta, moved to Houston, where there are a LOT more projects). Did not attempt salary negotiation, but I wish I had.

Other Interview Reviews for Accenture

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I interviewed online. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Accenture in September 2013.

Interviewed with two managers. These are behavioral interviews -- basically, asking questions about conflict, leadership, etc. Think about a few good stories you have and then relay them. Also, be prepared to ask lots of questions because there is a lot of time at the end. One interview seemed to like to talk about himself, but the other not so much. Basically, engage your interviewers.

I think if you get up to this point, you have a very high chance of getting hired.

Didn't negotiate.

Systems Integration Consulting Analyst Interview

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Accenture in October 2013.

Met them at the career fair after attending on campus event, 3 rounds of interviews.

Round 1 - 20 minute basic personality match check (interests, reason for applying etc.)

Round 2 - Detailed behavioral interview (Standard describe a situation type questions)

Round 3 - 2 behavioral interviews at Accenture office with senior executives. 45 minutes each but questions were asked only for 20-25 minutes. Rest of the time is for the "Do you have any questions" part. Seemed like they were using this to gauge interest and personality fit so it is important to have some good/smart questions here which you can use to show your aptitude/interest.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing unusual. Basic behavioral interviews.   View Answer
    Offer was reasonable. I was placed in a major city and I brought up the cost of living, they hinted that no negotiation was possible and I didn't press the issue.

Systems Integration Consultant Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Arlington, VA
    Anonymous Employee in Arlington, VA

I interviewed online. The process took 4 months - interviewed at Accenture in March 2013.

I applied online for an entry level Management consulting position. I have an MBA and three years of finance experience. An HR rep contacted me approximately 3 weeks later asking if I would be interested in a position in Systems Integration despite the fact that I have no technology background. I responded, "Yes of course, I can learn anything I put my mind to." True statement.

1st Interview:
    A week later, I was contacted by HR for a phone screening; you go over your resume, etc. They are just trying to make sure you are who you say you are.

2nd Interview:
    About 5 days later I had a 30-45 min phone interview with Senior Exec. I found that this was very scripted and really easy if you prepare. RESEARCH the person that is interviewing you! Make a personal connection, build rapport, find commonalities... they will like you and remember you. From my experience, this will be your (only) time to sell yourself and brag about your accomplishments. Review the questions on Glassdoor that are already listed. Each question I was given was on this site.

3rd Interview:
    Finally, 4 months after my initial HR screening, Accenture flew me to DC and put me in a hotel. The final round started at 8:30am and there were about 15 other candidates in my group. We stared with a 1 hr. presentation with consultants (very laid back), followed by two 1hr back-to-back interviews with manager/sr. exec. To be honest, the last two interviews completely caught me off-guard; these interviews are simply a conversation, I was hardly asked anything. The first guy didn’t know my background or anything about me. Compared to previous interviews, I was not impressed in the slightest. I left feeling disappointed that I wasn't "drilled" as hard as I would have liked; difficult questions give you your time to shine!
    So again, do your RESEARCH. Come prepared with many (intelligent) questions to ask, know what the senior exec's do on a daily basis, even look into which specific projects they are currently working on, they will be impressed! Just simply be able to hold a meaningful conversation. LISTEN to them and be able to provide thoughtful, clever, and quick feedback. Shoot, stroke their egos… all you have to do is get them to like you! They are only testing your interpersonal and communication skills.

Review:
    After the final interview I flew home the same day (Thursday), emailed my recruiter to thank her, and asked when I would hear back. I was told either Friday or Monday. So I waited, waited, sent another email on Wednesday (I had another offer pending) and then finally was contacted on Thursday with the news that Accenture would not be able to hire me due to my LACK of TECHNICAL experience. Irritating? Very much so. The fact that I took time from my current job and studies to curtail to this unorganized interview process and fly to DC for such a response, or lack there of. Thankfully I had already accepted the other position before I received Accenture’s call.

So kids, there is my story, good luck! Accenture is a very good company to work for, just not for me or for my career path. Remember: research, study, and listen. If Accenture has come to you, your career/school accomplishments have already spoken for themselves; the goal now is to get them to like you!

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time....

All teamwork and leadership based questions.
        Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Philadelphia, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 4 months - interviewed at Accenture in March 2013.

I submitted a referral from a friend way back in October, and finally heard back in later December (right before Christmas Time). That's when it all began. There were 3 rounds.

1st Round: Phone Screening (20-30mins). Basically to see if I knew what I was applying for, what the job consist of and a little bit about my background. It helps to prep on the ACN website, and review your resume for experience that would be great for SI. Found out a week later I advanced, and scheduled the 2nd round a week after that.

2nd Round: Phone Behavioral Interview (~45mins). This was probably the "hardest" part of the interview process. After a brief background check and questions like why Accenture? It was your basic "tell me about a time when.." For example. Tell me a time when you worked in a group setting, when you have conflict within the group, when something unexpected happened in the midst of a project, when you had to be creative. Definitely prep yourself. Go over your resume and other past experience and just think about different situations, how you approached/solved the problem, and how it would relate back to the position. Week later, got a call for the 3rd round. Scheduled for a month later.

3rd Round: On-Site Interviews (~3hrs). Group presentation given by current analyst followed by 2 1:1 Interviews with Managers and Seniors followed by a really chill lunch with the analyst and other interviewers. This was much more laid back than I expected. They were very accommodating and nice. Advice. come prepared just like the second interview and just be yourself. The 2nd 1:1 interviewing manager was specifically looking for personality, composure, leadership, and ability to work with others. Just know and be yourself. Heard back exactly 1 week later that I got the job. That phone call, they go over a rough synopsis of your offer, so listen carefully.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time where something went wrong, and you had to use your gut feeling to solve the problem.   Answer Question
    There was no negotiation. The package was very competitive, and they also took into account my master degree, unlike some other companies.

Anonymous Employee  in  Arlington, VA
    Anonymous Employee in Arlington, VA

I interviewed online. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Accenture in April 2013.

First Round - Straight forward phone interview. Asked to discuss my resume.
    Second Round - Behavioral interview with a manager via phone. Very long, but easy.
    Third Round - Site Visit. Easy. Very informal and unorganized.

Interview Questions

I received an offer the same day that I interviewed. Accenture very much wanted me to start less than 2 weeks from my offer date - they even offered me a substantial bonus to do so. I found this to be very unprofessional because I couldn't give my current company two weeks notice. I also felt very pressured by this. After agreeing on a later start date, I asked for some additional time to make a decision because I had another, competitive offer. The response from Accenture was no. Their lack of flexibility and understanding in how big of a decision this was kind of the straw that broke the camel's back. I felt very pressured to say yes, and I also wonder - why is Accenture ALWAYS hiring? Lots of turnover which makes me think it's not the most enjoyable job. I said no and I am very glad that I did.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Boston, MA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Accenture in January 2013.

Applied to on-campus posting and was invited for an on-campus interview in October.

First interview: On-campus interview with a manager. Relatively easy questions such as: Why Accenture, why consulting, what does SI Analyst do, previous work experience, and extracurricular activities.

Second interview: Phone interview with a senior manager. About 4-5 behavioral/situational questions. After your answer, they will ask additional followup questions to get more details.

Final interview: On-site interview with 2 senior managers. Each interview was 45 minutes and was a mix of the first two interviews. Several casual questions such as: why Accenture. And several behavioral. All in all, this had a casual setting and the conversations were built off of your questions.

The entire process was very lengthy (3-4 months) but included Thanksgiving, and Xmas holidays.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing too unexpected, but if you get a behavioral question that you do not have an answer to, don't be afraid to say so and ask for another.   Answer Question
    Didn't negotiate

Anonymous Employee  in  Florham Park, NJ
    Anonymous Employee in Florham Park, NJ

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Accenture.

Applied through my school's career services center (resume drop), as well as applied on Accenture's website. I was informed that I met the qualifications via e-mail and was invited to a 1st round 30 minute interview. This interview is very basic, and you'll run through your resume for a little bit. Interviewer asked what I did outside of class, e.g., part-time work, extracurriculars, hobbies, etc. Just sound interested in the position and be able to articulate why you want to be in consulting as opposed to another type of job.

I was informed about a week later that I had made it to the 2nd interview. This is the "situational behavior" interview, i.e., "Tell me about a time when...". I personally hate these interviews usually, but the one with Accenture I felt was much less formal and intimidating than with other companies. The situations were tailored to my resume so I had an answer for everything, and it was much more conversational than scripted. Just think about difficult experiences that you can talk about from your resume and be yourself. There weren't any key questions like in the final interviews, it was more along the lines of "so did you ever encounter a difficult situation?" Also ask questions at the end. The actual interview part for me lasted maybe a half hour, even though I was given 45 minutes, so have questions on hand for the end.

I was informed maybe 2-3 days later that I made it to the 3rd & Final Round Office Visit. Don't believe what you read when people say "Oh if you made it to this round, you're pretty much in!" No. It begins with about an hour long presentation from current consultants about particulars about Accenture, benefits, etc. Ask maybe 1 or 2 questions to show you're paying attention. Following that, you have two back-to-back 45 minute interviews with senior managers. These, in my opinion, were actually more formal and scripted than the 2nd interview even though others have said they were more relaxed. Have an example about when you took a leadership role in a project. Have an example about when someone wasn't working well on your team, and what you did. Everyone was extremely friendly and welcoming. I thought the interviews went great, so I was surprised to receive a rejection email about a week later. I can't tell you what I did wrong since they don't provide feedback. It seems like a great company to work for though!

There were no case questions. All behavioral/basic.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time where you took a leadership role on a project   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time when a team member wasn't pulling his or her weight   Answer Question
    • What do you do outside of school   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Saint Louis, MO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Accenture in December 2011.

I interviewed during my Senior Year in College to enter Accenture as a Consulting Analyst. The interview process 3 steps, the first interview is a short, 30 screening interview to discuss your resume, skills, background, the second interview is the normal 1 hour behavioral interview. If you make it past the second interview, the likely hood you get the job is pretty good. The last interview, a confirming interview, was in office with a senior manager/executive. The last interview is a combination of behavioral and screening. They're just trying to figure out who you are.

Interview Questions
    • How did you feel when you encountered a difficult situation?   Answer Question
    Entry level position, not much room for negotiation.

Anonymous Employee  in  Washington, DC
    Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Accenture in June 2012.

First interview was very straight forward - asked to describe my activities in the last four years, why I wanted to go into the business world with an engineering degree, why Accenture, etc...
    Second interview was also fairly straight forward - set up a phone interview with a senior exec on the HR team to talk about different situations and how I handled them.
    Received confirmation of third round in office interview.

Interview Questions

Worked for Accenture? Contribute to the Community!