Accenture

2.5

27 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA
Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Accenture in March 2012.

I had 3 in-person 1 on 1 interviews at the Accenture office in San Francisco.

Interview Questions
They were not willing to negotiate pay.

Other Interview Reviews for Accenture

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Accenture in December 2011.

I interviewed during my Senior Year in College to enter Accenture as a Consulting Analyst. The interview process 3 steps, the first interview is a short, 30 screening interview to discuss your resume, skills, background, the second interview is the normal 1 hour behavioral interview. If you make it past the second interview, the likely hood you get the job is pretty good. The last interview, a confirming interview, was in office with a senior manager/executive. The last interview is a combination of behavioral and screening. They're just trying to figure out who you are.

Interview Questions
    • How did you feel when you encountered a difficult situation?   Answer Question
    Entry level position, not much room for negotiation.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Accenture in November 2011.

First round on campus, basic 30 minute behavioral interview - I believe a good amount of people made it through this round.

Second round interview at local office branch - much much more in depth behavioral and project-based questions, more about my though process about how and why I chose to act in certain roles in specific projects. Most difficult round by far.

Final round interview also at local office branch - extensive presentation about culture, benefits, perks, more specifics about the job, etc. Followed by 2 interviews with senior personnel and lunch. This was more relaxed than I had anticipated and a much smaller group of people interviewing.

Interview Questions
    • What would you say is the most overrated candidate quality?   Answer Question
    • Explain a time when things went off track during a project your worked on. Give me brief background of your role and how you went about finishing the project.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Accenture in August 2011.

My resume sat online for 4-5 months before I was contacted, and by that point I had nearly forgotten about applying - but from what I gathered they tend to hire in large groups. Once I was contacted, I had a quick "resume walkthrough" phone interview and then a 90 minute situational interview within a week. The next week I flew to an office for a presentation and a couple of in-person interviews. The offer came a few days later.

Interview Questions
    • The questions themselves were straightforward - "tell me about a time when you" kind of questions, but the difficulty was in all the follow up questions. I think I was asked 5 or 6 follow up questions about some relatively simple situations. It seemed like the interviewer was pushing me for unnecessary details just to see how I reacted under pressure.   Answer Question
    Not able to negotiate.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Accenture in July 2011.

I had a very pleasant interviewing experience overall. There were three stages in my case (and it sounds like in most cases):

1st round: Phone interview, resume review
    I applied in mid-May and received an email asking to set up a time for a phone interview in mid- to late-June. The interviewer was an HR person on the east coast. The questions were easy since I knew my resume like the back of my hand. Be able to talk for at least 5 minutes about each thing that is on your resume. Don't bore them, either. For this interview, the HR rep basically asks you to go into more detail about things on your resume.

2nd round: Phone interview, behavioral analysis (two weeks later)
    We've all had plenty of these before. "Tell me about a time when you failed, and what did you do about it?" A lot of those questions (four or five). There are TONS of example questions on plenty of websites; spend a few hours looking these up. Recall all of your experiences, and which ones would be useful for popular questions. Don't write a script - but have a general idea of where you can go for examples. This time the HR person was from Chicago (their central US office) I believe.

3rd round: On-site interview (two weeks later)
    I was flown to a site other than Denver to interview, since there were closer locations to where I was living. Also, the location I visited had the soonest interview date set. The entire process was about 4-5 hours - two 1:1 interivews with executives of the company (much more laid back than the phone interviews, but they still asked a couple of behavioral questions each), and a more casual presentation given by an analyst and a consultant. It was nice to ask questions with two people who had just been through what I was going to go through. I hear that typically there are 5-10 candidates at each of these sessions, but I was only there during the morning session with one other candidate. Not that it really matters too much; the interviews are 1:1 anyway.

I received a call from the Denver recruiter extending an offer the next business day. The starting salary and signing/relocation bonuses were very generous, especially considering I was just out of college.

Overall tips:
    1.) PREPARE! These interviews are a piece of cake if you know your resume, practice behavioral interview questions and answers, and are a clean, polite, friendly person.
    2.) ASK QUESTIONS! Right before my on-site interview the recruiter I met with flat out told me that the interviewers love questions. Enough said. Just know what questions you should and shouldn't ask.

Accenture seems like the perfect place to work if you like to put the work in and be rewarded for it (read: bonuses/promotions). And you have to like to travel. Good luck!

Interview Questions
    I was very happy with the conditions of the offer, and didn't feel a need to negotiate.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Accenture in April 2011.

I had applied for this job online and did not even remember when did I apply. One day, I received an email in my inbox saying that I have been narrowed down for an 3 round interview process for Entry level consultant position. By the ways, entry level consultant at ACN is called Analyst. The email asked for a copy of my updated resume and unofficial transcripts for my degree, listing my overall GPA. Also, I was asked for my top 3 location preferences.

Preview:

Now, I applied online as a 'recent grad' and hence I was called by college recruiting division. Keep in mind, ACN did not come to my campus nor was I hired through a college job fair. Also, they were looking to fill positions quickly. I was being hired for Houston office but my final 1:1 interview was in Dallas

Round 1:
    So, the first round was a very basic interview about my resume, types of roles I am looking at and any questions about the position. It lasted for about 15 minutes and the very SAME DAY I received confirmation.

Round 2:
    This interview lasted for about 45 mins.This interview was situational in nature. It focused on how you to handle situations in the past that are common to Accenture's working environment. This is a very detailed process and you will be probed to answer questions which arise from your situational experience. Be prepared by answering all possible pros and cons. Provide as much detail as you can and cater those details to their requirements. For this round, I owe a lot to Glassdoor. Check out the interview questions.

Round 3:
    I received CONFIRMATION of clearing this round the very same day. It was like a dream come true for me. Anyways, Round 3 was bit delayed because the day I was scheduled to fly to Dallas witnessed unusual snowing (glaze) in Houston and my flight was cancelled. As a result, it was rescheduled 2 weeks later. So in all i had to wait for a month. My 3rd round was very straight forward, it was 4 hour long which involved office tour, benefit information and meeting with 2 partners for 45 minutes each. Within 3-4 days, I received my final offer

Interview Questions
    • Tell me a difficult situation at work and how did you handle it? (Round 2)   View Answer
    • Give me an example of how you lead or participated in a team and what were the outcomes. (Round 2)   View Answer
    • Round 3, was very straight forward. No tricky questions. Similar to phone interview questions.
      Why Accenture?

View Answer
    Well, I did not negotiate but I was told that because of my higher academic qualification (Masters), was taken into consideration while determining my package. I had a couple of other interviews with other companies but the overall offer made by Accenture seemed fairly good. Nothing exceptional but acceptable.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Accenture in March 2011.

One day after Christmas 2010, I received an email for the systems integration consulting analyst position from the Houston office approximately two months after I applied for the position (though I had been in their system since April 2010). I was asked to provide my resume and unofficial transcripts (listing overall GPA). One week later I received an email asking to have an initial screening interview the very next day. This interview lasted approximately 30 minutes. I described my resume in great detail, stated why I wanted to move to Houston, and why consulting and Accenture were something I was interested in.

One day later I received notification that they would schedule a one hour situational phone interview. How I prepared: I came to glassdoor.com I looked at the possible questions that would be asked. I then tailored personally specific answers to each possible question. Because you can have your resume, cover letter, and applicable "cheat sheets" infront of you, you can look at materials and not memorize as much. This phone interview was a lot of talking and explaining situations in your past. The same evening I had my interview, I was notified that I received a positive recommendation and to continue forward with my application process. Accenture wanted me for a final round interview theee days later; however, because of prior work obligations I was unable to attend. The next date would be in Dallas nearly three weeks later; however, was later cancelled due to snow. The next available date was mid-March in their Chicago office (though I was still going for a Houston position). I pulled all applicable questions off of Glassdoor.com.

The final interview day was extremely long. I woke up at 3 AM for a 5:40 AM flight to Chicago. I carried my suit on the plane and put it in the captain's closet. I changed in the airport and caught the train to downtown Chicago. When I arrived, two analysts took me out to lunch downtown at 11 AM. We spoke about what working as an SI analyst at Accenture and I was able to ask another other press questions. I asked a lot about the management consulting practice (as this was my interest). They said what you do as an SI analyst is almost no different than what you do as a mgt. consulting analyst, a mgt. consulting analyst just does more powerpoint. It depends on what projects you get put on and what projects you choose (after working for a little while). After lunch we went to back to the office, where I was to have two interviews with senior managers (not HR representatives). Both interviews were situational once again. The first interviewer was very laid back. It was more of a "just getting to know you" interview. The second interview was more serious, dry, and slightly more intimidating. Initially it shocked me; however, I eventually eased into the interview. I asked the same three questions to both interviewers: (1) typical career path; (2) Houston office working with a lot of oil/gas industry; and (3) does an SI analyst's role change from project to project. Both interviews were approximately 45 minutes a piece with a break in between. I finished the day at 3 PM with my flight leaving at 6 PM. This gave me enough time to get some local food to go. I arrived back at 11 PM. Two business days later I received a phone call with an offer. The start date was for two months later (June 2011).

Interview Questions
    • Describe a situation when you had to handle a lot of details.
      Describe a situation where there were unclear instructions.

Answer Question
    • Describe a time when you had more than you could handle.   View Answer
    • Describe a situation where you worked in a group, it didn't go so well, and what you would do differently.   Answer Question
    • Describe a time where you sought out to know more about something.   View Answer
    • Describe a time when someone in a group wasn't pulling their weight and how did you handle it?   Answer Question
    I didn't negotiate. Considering I had been trying to break into consulting for 10 months and didn't have a "real" job (however hold a Master's degree), I took what they gave me. This was mid-range 50k including a relocation bonus.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Accenture in December 2010.

Company came to recruit on campus. 1st round of questions were behavioral/situational. The next day was the 2nd round of interviews, also behavior/situational. A few weeks later, I was invited to the office to interview. Met with 2 managers and did 1 interview each, again behavior/situational. No case questions.

Before final interview, company had breakfast and a presentation (about 30 minutes long). Company put up candidates in a hotel the night before.

I received my offer 2-3 weeks after interviewing, but I think the problem is with the HR rep not the company. It was hard to follow up and get in touch with the HR rep. Everyone I interacted with at Accenture was great, just the HR experience made the process seem bureaucratic. Interview process is very lengthy, but the actual interviews are not that bad/long.

Interview Questions

Salary was quite low for consulting industry and also I was interested in management consulting more and Accenture was not recruiting for that.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Accenture in June 2010.

Applied online through Accenture.com and received a phone call within a week. First conversation was with a senior recruiter, after which a skills assessment interview was conducted by a manager.

The next consisted of a behavioral interview over the phone and then a round of in-person interviews with a senior manager and a senior executive.

Everything went well and after my last interview, the HR person told me they want to make me an offer. She said she has sent the offer proposal to senior management and should get an approval within next couple of days. Days turned into weeks and finally after 1 month she told me that they are still interested but have no idea when the offer will get approved. She said it may take weeks or even months.

A little bit of googling shows that this is not the first time Accenture has done this. Over all, the HR person was nice but the process is pretty screwed up. Specially so because they spent over $1,000 just to fly me to Chicago for the final interview.

The interviews themselves were pretty easy and conversational. The specific position was a Data Quality Consultant. None of the interviews had any technical questions whatsoever, they were more focused on my experience, concepts and familiarity with tools (which makes sense).

Interview Questions
    • Simple questions from your experience like:

- Tell me about a time when you had to persuade a client or colleague?
      - Tell me about a time when a team member or client wasn't co-operating?

View Answer

Systems Integration Consulting Analyst Interview

I got the interview through my Accenture's on campus recruiting at my University. The first round interview was a ~30 minute "fit" interview, during which the interviewer asked me about one of my classes, and also asked why I wanted to work at Accenture.

The 2nd round was a ~60 minute "behavioral" interview, in which I was asked to answer "tell me about a time when..." type questions using the experience I had listed on my resume.

The final round interview was conducted onsite at an Accenture office. Upon my arrival, 3-4 current employees gave a PowerPoint presentation and did a short Q&A about life at Accenture. There were also two ~45 minute interviews, one "behavioral" and one "fit" type interview.

Accenture's employees seemed genuinely interested in candidates' personal development, and try to get a sense of how well you would fit in at Accenture. Just be yourself, and you'll be fine.

Interview Questions
    • You have a background in engineering. Why do you want to work at Accenture?   View Answer
    • Tell me about a time when you had to deal with inability to meet a deadline.   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time when you had to deal with an unusual request that put you in an uncomfortable situation.   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time when you made a particularly significant contribution to a group.   Answer Question
    Didn't try to negotiate (they offered me well above what I was even dreaming of getting)