Accenture Technology Analyst Interview Questions

Updated May 19, 2015

2.9

Technology Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Accenture.

Interview

I got both of the two interviews on campus. One is about your resume, and another one is a behavioral interview. I got both interviews on campus. The first one is about 15 minutes, and the second one is about 45 minutes. The turnaround between the two interviews were quick, but it took 6-7 weeks for them to get back to me with the decision.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Accenture

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at Accenture (Washington, DC).

Interview

I am a graduating senior majoring in biomedical engineering. I have three internships in quantitative analysis roles and extensive experience in an extracurricular consulting club I helped found, which is what I think set me apart. I met Accenture recruiters at a career fair during a conference and had an in-person interview the next day at the same conference. It was a behavioral interview, but I could tell the interviewer was deeply assessing my interpersonal skills, i.e. how I answer questions, how I pose questions, my body language, etc. I had a second interview on the phone 2 months later (there was a long delay in between the first interview and the second since Thanksgiving break occurred and my recruiter was traveling extensively during that period). The second interview was purely behavioral, but it was very easy (questions included: When have you ever had to work with difficult team members?). The third and final interview entailed flying me out to DC a month later, where I interviewed in person with three Accenture employees and attended information sessions on the company. They questioned me on my technical background and asked me what I would do in certain situations. I was more nervous for this day then I should have been; they did a very good job of putting me and the other interviewees at rest. I learned of their decision to extend me an offer about a week or so later.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation in which you have had to work with difficult team members.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Accenture (Seattle, WA).

Interview

3 rounds of interviews 1st-on site at a conference: what are your goals? Why do you want to work for Accenture? What do you know about Accenture? 2nd- phone interview: behavior questions: name a tome when you resolved a conflict? What project were you a leader on? What did you do, what did your team do? 3rd-office interview: flown to one of their main offices, informed about Accenture, had conversations with Consultants. Was asked a few questions, but nothing major.

Negotiation

Didn't need to negotiate, their offer was higher than my previous ones.

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Accenture (Atlanta, GA).

Interview

First round (Thursday, on-campus): It was a 30-minute, one-on-one screening with one of their employees (I got a managing director). It was a resume review/typical screening. Make sure you can present a 90-second elevator speech about yourself and a 90-second speech on what you know about the company. I received a call that night to invite me to a second round interview on Friday. Second round (Friday, on-campus): It was a 1-hour, one-on-one behavioral interview with one of their employees (I got a senior consultant). It was a behavioral interview where you have to guide them through about 3 different stories in your life, such as "Describe a time where you had difficulty mending a working relationship," or "What is your biggest accomplishment so far." They are looking for a thoughtful, 15-minute explanation that guides them from start to finish through your thought processes and actions during the story. There is no case study. I received a call the following Monday that I was invited to the third round in Atlanta. [For the first and second rounds, some people had phone interviews if their schedules prevented them from interviewing on campus.] Third round (2 weeks later, in Atlanta): There were two separate 45-minute, one-on-one interviews with managers. One often plays good cop, and the other plays bad cop. Also, you'll be presented an hour-ish long presentation to sell you on the company and its benefits. If you do well, you'll get an offer within the next week and a half. I didn't.

Interview Questions

• Q. (Throughout the second round) What were you thinking when you made this decision?   Answer Question

Technology Analyst Interview

Interview

Met them at a career fair and was offered a 30min interview on the spot. This was considered first round and was a screen of my resume, asking me to elaborate and talk about myself. The second round was 1hr phone interview, behavioral based questions with someone from HR. The third/final round was on-site. It began with a generic presentation from 4 analysts/senior analysts (unsure if technology or other). There were 3 other recruits during this part. They gave info about what it's like to work there, details that weren't necessarily found in my research. Then we all broke off, there were 2- 20 or 30 minute interviews with Senior Managers, 3 questions each- 1 behavioral based, the other more conversational.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Accenture (Seattle, WA) in November 2014.

Interview

It's exactly how the previous responses are laid out. First round is 30 minutes on campus and it's to see if they get along with you (interviewed by a manager). Second round is 45 minutes on campus and it's to ask more behavioral questions (interviewed by a director). Final round is two 45 minute interviews at Accenture's office and they ask further behavioral questions (interviewed by a manager and director). From the first interview to the final round interview it took 2 weeks. The offer was received a week later. Advice: have great stories to share, provide reasons for why you would like to work at Accenture, show enthusiasm, and wear a suit (I got called out on this in my first round)

Interview Questions

• What concerns would you have if you were to join Accenture?   1 Answer

Negotiation

No wiggle room. They increased the salary (and reduced PTO by 5 days). I tried negotiating using another offer as leverage and they did not budge.

Technology Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Accenture.

Interview

First round was on campus, simple questions about your resume. Second round was on the phone with a senior consultant who asked one or two behavioral questions. Final round the invite you to their regional headquarters and give you a nice presentation about the company before you interview with two high up managers. These interviews were behavioral as well but much more conversational and casual than the second round

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a challenging project you've worked on before and how you approached it   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Accenture (Seattle, WA) in November 2014.

Interview

I applied online on the school job board. Got an email to schedule an initial first round interview they do with a bunch of people. Quick 30 minute interview where they asked questions like: What do you want to do in 5 years? 2nd Round: The next round was also on-campus and was in the same week as the first interview. Here you talk to a partner for a good 45-60 minutes. Interview questions: 1. Describe your biggest accomplishment so far? 2. Tell me about a time in which you were stressed out and how did you deal with it? 3. What do you think we do at Accenture? Mainly focused on the fact that change is key at Accenture and you have to be able to deal with change to be successful at Accenture. 3rd Round: This was the next week where they invite you out to the local office with around 6 to 8 other people that also make it to the 3rd round. Two analysts go into detail about the structure, vacation time, benefits and more for an hour and a half. Then everyone goes into separate rooms to talk to two different hiring managers. Questions were about teamwork and environment as well as past projects on the resume. Basically they want to see if they would like to work with you. Some managers are also very transparent and let you ask anything about Accenture such as the work life balance.

Interview Questions

• All behavioral questions. Not one technical or logic question.   Answer Question

Technology Analyst Interview

Interview

My experience was through my university recruiting process. Overall, it was a great experience. The process involved attending an info session and a few networking events to convey my interest. It was a three step interview process and they only asked behavioral questions.

Interview Questions

• Make sure you know your resume very well. They will ask questions based on your experiences.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Accenture (New York, NY) in May 2014.

Interview

1) Spent hours and hours looking for New York Recruiters for Accenture online. 2) Found old job requisition (New York - Metro: did not realize it was outdated at the time). 3) Was finally contacted by New York Recruiter for an interview for an entry level role. 4) Had phone screening interview. 5) Skipped 2nd round interview (had one prior before). 6) 2 on-site interviews (heavily conversational - be prepared to really sell yourself or you WILL fail). 7) Waited for final answer. 8) Went through 2 more additional interviews due to the higher selective process for the specific group I was being interviewed for. First interview was a phone call. Second interview was a video conference (WEAR A SUIT EVEN FOR VIDEO INTERVIEWS). These interviews tested my technical aptitude and to see how strong my technical skills were which include software development, SDLC, software architecture and etc. 9) Got offer. 10) Currently preparing documents and planning to accept.

Interview Questions

• I worked on a financial securities trading algorithm. Was asked to go deeper into the architecture of the system.   1 Answer

Negotiation

I did not negotiate. The offer was very competitive.