Accenture

Average Difficulty
22 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

New York, NY

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Accenture in May 2014.

Interview Details – 1) Spent hours and hours looking for New York Recruiters for Accenture online.
2) Found old job requisition (New York - Metro: did not realize it was outdated at the time).
3) Was finally contacted by New York Recruiter for an interview for an entry level role.
4) Had phone screening interview.
5) Skipped 2nd round interview (had one prior before).
6) 2 on-site interviews (heavily conversational - be prepared to really sell yourself or you WILL fail).
7) Waited for final answer.
8) Went through 2 more additional interviews due to the higher selective process for the specific group I was being interviewed for. First interview was a phone call. Second interview was a video conference (WEAR A SUIT EVEN FOR VIDEO INTERVIEWS). These interviews tested my technical aptitude and to see how strong my technical skills were which include software development, SDLC, software architecture and etc.
9) Got offer.
10) Currently preparing documents and planning to accept.

Interview Question – I worked on a financial securities trading algorithm. Was asked to go deeper into the architecture of the system.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I did not negotiate. The offer was very competitive.

Technology Analyst

I interviewed at Accenture in February 2014.

Interview Details – The process went very well and the recruiters were very insightful and offered a lot of information about their experiences with the company. first round was just a get to know you type of interview and wasn't challenging at all. second round was behavioral and the HR guy grilled me with difficult questions.

Interview Question – make a decision without knowing all the facts?   Answer Question

Phila, PA

I applied through college or university and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Accenture.

Interview Details – I had 3 interviews. One on the phone and 2 on site. They were pretty straightforward behavioral questions.

Interview Question – Describe a difficult situation with colleagues and coworkers and how it was resolved.   Answer Question

Technology Analyst

I applied online - interviewed at Accenture in March 2013.

Interview Details – I was called for a 15 minute screening interview with a recruiter. The questions were very basic and followed the typical resume, interest and fit question layout of a screening interview. Altogether it was a very easy interview, and I was sure I would move on in the process; however I got a rejection email the following day. Generally I get past the screening interview, but maybe Accenture is more selective at that stage.

Interview Question – What qualifies you to work for Accenture?   View Answer

New York, NY

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Accenture.

Interview Details – -Resume review interview
-1-hour Behavorial Interview
-Accenture Office Visit (Two 1-on-1 interviews with executives)

The entire process was brisk since they were trying to fit me into a soon approaching start date.

Interview Question – Describe a time where you had a lot of responsibilities and you had to prioritize.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Better offers..

Atlanta, GA

I applied through college or university and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Accenture in October 2009.

Interview Details – Recruited out of college. Three rounds of interviews with the third round in-office.

Interview Question – Explain a time when you had to make a difficult decision as a leader.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No Negotiation phase.

Washington, DC

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Accenture in November 2012.

Interview Details – The process was based in four rounds of interviews:
The first round was simple and focused in my resume. It took me like 25 min. of informal talked.
The second was one of the harder interviewe that I ever had, I started to sweat with all behavioral questions, my interviewer was an ex-militar and an execiutive manager with 15 yrs of experience so for me was challenge, but if you stay calm and demonstrate security about yourself you will pass.
after the second one they took me to an in-site visit on D.C. and after a short presentation of the benefits of the company, the third and four interviewe started.

Interview Question – Tell me a recent experience where you was need to ignore your boss to make the right decision.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – no negotiation

Chicago, IL

I applied through college or university and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Accenture in October 2012.

Interview Details – I was a university hire. I applied on their online careers page and through my university's career service office. There was a pre-night at a local restaurant where we got to talk to members for all of Accenture's service lines.

The first interview was pretty much Tell us about yourself, Why consulting?, Why Accenture?, etc. Very conversational. I actually inserted a few examples in because they didn't really ask for any. I got an email around 8:00pm for a second round interview the next day.

The second round interview started much more behavioral. Tell me about a time you dealed with a difficult team member, when did you work on a project with little direction, etc. I ended up just getting the interview talking about themselves and used my examples to relate.

I found out I got a final round interview the next week and was given 4-6 dates to choose from. I ended up interviewing in their Chicago office 2 weeks later. The final round was two more behavioral interviews with senior directors and managers. One was standard behavioral one was just a conversation the entire time. I just talked about my Europe trip for most of it.

They told me they would get back to me in 3-4 weeks but I requested an accelerated decision and received my offer exactly 1 week after my last interview.

There were no cases, no brain teasers, no trick questions in any of the interviews.

Interview Question – What will you be doing as an Analyst on a project?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – There was really nothing to negotiate on. It was an entry level job and they paid $13,000 more than my next highest offer.

Very Easy Interview

San Francisco, CA

I applied online and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Accenture in August 2012.

Interview Details – I was contacted by a recruiter. She then scheduled me for a behavorial interview, which I passed. I was then flown to one of there offices and interviewed with a senior manager, a consultant, and an analyst. One week later I had an offer via email from the recruiter. Very easy, very large company.

Interview Question – Why are you inspired to work for Accenture?   View Answer

Reason for Declining – I declined because I felt that the people I met were both unintelligent and overworked. Neither of these things attract me to work for such a company.

Arlington, VA

I applied through other source and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Accenture.

Interview Details – Two phone interviews and one in person. The process for me was real fast and my two phone interviews were two days a part with the in person interview the following week. In the in person interview you get to talk to a senior consultant and 3 other analyst with at least a year experience in the company. The senior consultant conducts a presentation about the company and what they do. You then start the interview with 2 senior consultant.

Interview Question – Why do you want to work for Accenture?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – They don't negotiate

Worked for Accenture? Contribute to the Community!