Accenture Technology Consulting Analyst Interview Questions

2.8

34 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Chicago, IL
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Accenture in January 2012.

I applied for a new grad position from Accenture’s careers website. After a HR phone screen I was flown out to Chicago for three interviews. All the interviews were just normal conversations to gage how interact with people/clients. Questions were all situational to see how you would handle a problem.

Interview Questions
  • All questions were pretty straight forward, nothing unexpected.   Answer Question
For an offer to upcoming college graduates there is no negotiation

Other Interview Reviews for Accenture

Technology Consultant Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months - interviewed at Accenture.

I applied to their SI analyst position through my university. My first round interview was on campus with a Managing Director. The interview itself was pretty relaxed and the interviewed simply ran through my resume and tried to get a sense of what I was interested in. My second round interview was on the phone with a Senior Manager and in that round I was asked a number of behavioral questions. Scheduling my final round interview took longer than expected since I had several conflicts come up but my recruiter was quite understanding and accommodating. I ended up doing my final round in the Arlington office almost two months after my second round interview. By this time, I was notified that they wanted to consider me for a Tech Consulting position instead of Systems Integration. The morning started out with a presentation of the company and a bit of Q&A with consultants from a few different divisions. There were two interviews in the last round and they were also behavioral questions but there was a focus on making sure that all my questions and concerns with Accenture had been addressed.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time where you were getting nowhere on a project.   Answer Question
    Did not negotiate.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Accenture.

Applied on their site and a recruiter contacted me after about 1 month to set up the 1st phone interview. The first interview was brief, about 20 minutes, and was just a basic resume run through. Found out the same night I passed the first round and the 2nd round would be scheduled soon. The 2nd round was another phone interview and lasted about an hour. It was very detailed behavioral type questions with a lot of follow up questions. Within 3 days I was told I would be having a final round interview in the NYC office.
    At the NYC office visit, there were about 7 other candidates and it started off with breakfast and a presentation. Then met with two managers and had 45 minute interviews with them which were similar to the 2nd round interview, mostly behavioral questions, but very detailed. I was told I would hear back in 2-3 weeks. The process was smooth up until now.
    A week later, a manager called me and asked me if I felt comfortable in the technology alignment Accenture wanted to put me in. I confirmed that I was interested in the alignment they had given me. This gave me high hopes of being hired. 3 weeks later, I haven't heard back and I contacted the recruiter about my interview results. About a week later, I received an email that I was not going to be made an offer. A dreadful 5 week wait only to not receive an offer. Very disappointing ending experience from a top company, final round results should be given out straight-forward to candidates.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time you saved your company money or time.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Washington, DC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

I applied through college or university. The process took 6 weeks - interviewed at Accenture.

Recruiting with Accenture was a relatively easy process. I really enjoyed the people I met and the company seems to invest a lot in its new hires. None of the interviews were too difficult -- the important thing is to know which type of consulting fits your personality/interests. The process for me:

Round 1 - 30-minute "screening" interview (on campus)
    Round 2 - 45-minute behavioral interview
    Round 3 - two 45-minute behavioral interviews

In the end, I simply had more exciting offers. I was invited to join their IT Strategy & Transformation group.

Interview Questions
    • Explain a difficult situation you have faced working in teams.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Dallas, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Accenture.

Typical 3 step interview. Submitted my resume online and it took less than a month to have all three interviews scheduled. IMO the second (behavioral) one is make or brake one.

Interview Questions
    • Expect curve balls (not paying attention, interviewer only talking about his/her accomplishments etc.)   Answer Question
    Didn't negotiate the salary, negotiated the signing bonus.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  San Francisco, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

The process took 2 months - interviewed at Accenture in October 2011.

Accenture came to campus to conduct interviews. The first day of on-campus interviews was to screen out more people. The next day I had another interview which lasted about an hour. Then I had a fly-out to the San Jose office and had two interviews with senior managers.

Interview Questions
    • A large company has had decreasing sales figures for the past year. Walk me through the process of how you would go about solving the problem.   View Answer

Technology consulting was just not my thing even though the salary was great.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  San Francisco, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied through college or university. The process took 10 months - interviewed at Accenture in November 2011.

Interviewed early for the internship - got through both rounds but no offer. Was promised a final round in the fall. The first two interviews were conversational, then behavioral. No real curve balls, just "tell me about a time when you..." Don't b.s., because they go pretty in depth for each question.

The final round, 10 months later, was a bit more grueling. It was two 1.5 hour interviews, which were pretty much whatever the interviewer wanted to ask. Questions were conversational, behavioral, and case-based (even though they apparently aren't supposed to ask case based questions).

The process was still very straightforward and not too bad.

Interview Questions
    Not able to negotiate salary even though I had another offer about 10k higher (banking). ACN 'calculates your salary based on your major, college, location, and position.

I was able to negotiate location from NYC to SF.

I really wanted the job, so I didn't negotiate too aggressively on the money.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Reston, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Reston, VA

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 days - interviewed at Accenture in April 2011.

The people at Accenture are very friendly and like to meet others like themselves. My interviews involved describing what I have gained from previous experiences in engineering projects. They want positive, persistent team members. The ability to communicate effectively and function with a team with low to moderate contact is probably the most vital strength.

Interview Questions
    • What is the most difficult challenge you've had to overcome (school, work, life... etc)   View Answer
    • How do you expect your experiences at Accenture to affect the direction of your future?   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Chicago, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Accenture in April 2010.

It is a typical 3-round interview. If it doesn't take place on campus, the first two will be over the phone, with the third in person. The first one is easy -- they just ask about your work experience and get to know you a little. The second is the important one -- they ask you detailed scenario questions about your work experience and hypothetical situations. eg -- so you managed a team, how would you have dealt with the problem of someone not pulling their weight? or -- so you developed a website, what steps did you take to ensure user security? and so on... The third interview, you go to the local office and meet with two or more executives (one at a time). They re-ask some interview questions. Expect a psychological curveball (ie - not paying attention to you, or annoyed by you, or rude... your behavioral response is being examined)

Interview Questions
    • Describe a situation where you had very ambiguous direction, but still had to deliver in a set time frame.   View Answer
    Tried to negotiate salary... don't bother. Their figures are set in stone, and if you don't accept, there are HUNDREDS waiting in line to take your offer. Keep in mind that there are many perks that come along with working for Accenture (ie corporate discounts, airfare perks, hotel perks, etc) that seem to add up well.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Reston, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Reston, VA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6 weeks - interviewed at Accenture in February 2010.

After two phone interviews, I had an interview in person at the Reston, Virgina office. The interview was with two different managers in consulting. The questions asked were the typical behavioral/situational questions. One was to explain a time when I worked in a group and took the leadership role. Another was to describe a time when I had to take multiple roles in a working situation. They also asked me where I want to go with the company. If you're interviewing for the Technical Consulting Analyst position, what they want to hear is that you want to move on to consultant, and then in to management.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time when you had to take multiple roles in a working environment.   Answer Question

I don't want to be isolated to working in consulting.

Worked for Accenture? Contribute to the Community!