Accenture

Updated Oct 9, 2014

2.9

8 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX

I applied online – interviewed at Accenture in June 2014.

I received a phone call several months after applying on line. The recruiter provided a lot of information about the company and mentioned I would be considered for a few different positions. A few weeks later I was contacted via email to arrange an in-person interview but didn’t know for which position. The first person I meet with was a supervisor. He asked about my experience with testing software and I got positive feedback from him. I then met his boss. The first thing this person said was that I didn’t fit what they were looking for and then only asked a few general questions. I followed up about 2 weeks later and was told I wasn’t being considered. The time from applying and the in-person interview was several months. The environment seemed relaxed and the people friendly.

Interview Questions
  • None of the questions were that difficult, nothing overly technical. The biggest problem I had was the terminology. In my experience, we used different terms for the same testing process.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Accenture

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Accenture.

I got an interview from Employee referral. After 1 telephone interview they thought my skill set is not direct match for Test Analyst role and i am more suitable for Java developer role (no Java on my resume). After another telephone interview they call me for onsite interview. I drove to San Antonio from Houston. After onsite interview they felt i am not good for Java Developer role and referred me again for Test Analyst role. I had phone interview did not hear after that it's been two weeks. I am very dissapointed send emails to HR no response from her

Interview Questions
    • your experience in testing ( i did not mention any experience related to testing)   Answer Question

Testing Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Accenture in August 2012.

Very straight forward interview process. Two 30-minute interviews. First was to see if you get along in a team environment, and the second is to test your technical skills.

Interview Questions
    • Unexpected Question: If you walk in the house and the light don't work, what do you do?   View Answer
    They offered me 40k, but I got it increased to 42k. They don't try to rip you off, but they definitely low ball you assuming that you will bargain up.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at Accenture in July 2011.

The hiring process starts off as with phone interview to gauge if you are serious about the job or just spamming resumes everywhere. If that goes well, they'll arrange an on-site interview which may require you to make plans to travel there if you're not from the same city. On the day of the interview, it will begin with a skills assessment which is basically an awareness test of attention to detail. They will walk you through various scenarios and you will need to tell them back to the interviewer with as much detail as you remember. There are some made up as you go as well. After this skills test, you are interviewed by the capability lead, which in this case is the test lead. You're basically hired if you make it here. He's basically just testing the extent of your knowledge so as you gauge how valuable a resource you will be to the company.

Interview Questions
    • As part of the first interviewer's skills assessment: Describe in as much detail as you remember, how you got here (the interview) from the time you left your door this morning.   Answer Question
    There is no negotiation. Your salary is already pre-determined. At least for the an entry level position. You may be able to negotiate if you are an experienced hire.

Test Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newcastle upon Tyne, England (UK)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newcastle upon Tyne, England (UK)

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Accenture in September 2014.

Hello all,
                    I applied for test analyst position at Accenture NewCastle upon tyne online. Got called next day for a telephonic interview. Which was next working day and went quiet good , my interviewer was a lovely lady. She asked general behavioural questions which you can easily google. I prepared all my answers in advance thinking about job/ university situations which I had to handle recently. Replied confidently. She told me that I was confident too. In the interview email sent from Accenture it was written that I will get know the outcome of my first interview within 10 working days. Still waiting for any response.

Interview Questions
    • Not really, but they will ask for the outcome of any actions that you might have taken in a situation   Answer Question

Test Analyst Interview

I applied through a staffing agency – interviewed at Accenture in February 2013.

WalkIn Interview: Below are the questions asked
    1. What happens if Option Explicit is used in the middle of the script
    2. Action and Function
    3. Difference between For and Do while loop
    4. Recovery Scenarios
    5. Launch application using VB Script

Testing Analyst Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Accenture in May 2012.

1.HR screening interview
    2.Interviewed by a Manager, Senior Consultant, and a consultant

Interview Questions
    • What kind of software testing frameworks/testing tools have you used?   View Answer

I felt that given my experience set, I did not want to be pigeonholed into a pure testing role for the first two years of my existence at a large firm such at Accenture when my interests laid more in IT strategy.

Test Analyst Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Accenture in January 2012.

I applied online and received an email from a recruiter stating when would be a good time to set up a phone interview with the recruiter. Emailed the recruiter back, and he quickly emailed back saying he would call at the given time. I got the call from the recruiter, basically just going over my resume and skills. At the end of the conversation the recruiter asked what day would be convenient for me to come in for an on-site interview, which was about 3 days later. The recruiter sent me directions on how to get to Accenture, the names of the people I would be interviewing me (one interviewer will be conducting a personality/behavioral interview, the other interviewer would be conducting a skills test).

The first interviewer that was conducting a personality/behavioral interview was AWESOME! I had mentioned to the interviewer that I was nervous, but the interviewer was great at making me feel comfortable. It was about a 20-30 minute conversation and then the interviewer left the room so the second interviewer can come in.

I sat in the conference room for about 10 mins and the second interviewer (hiring manager) came in for my "skills" interview. Very rude and weird. He took a phone call in the middle of a interview, seriously?!. He left at the end of the interview, to take the phone call outside the room. Finally he came back in and told me that the recruiter would be in touch with me, then took off. It was about 40-50 mins long for the skills interview.

I got a call 4 days later from the recruiter saying that they were going to pass on me. I was so relieved! However, it was a great learning experience; from the second interview I learned that it was going to be tough and competitive in order to get this job, but I wouldn't change anything I said or did, I gave it my best effort.

Interview Questions
    • Describe the steps, in detail, it took, starting by locking your front door, to get to Accenture.   Answer Question
    • Do you know that stages of the SDLC?   Answer Question
    • What was the hardest challenge you had to overcome?   Answer Question