Accenture

6 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Testing Analyst Interview

San Antonio, TX

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Accenture in August 2012.

Interview Details – Very straight forward interview process. Two 30-minute interviews. First was to see if you get along in a team environment, and the second is to test your technical skills.

Interview Question – Unexpected Question: If you walk in the house and the light don't work, what do you do?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – They offered me 40k, but I got it increased to 42k. They don't try to rip you off, but they definitely low ball you assuming that you will bargain up.

San Antonio, TX

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 5 weeks - interviewed at Accenture.

Interview Details – I got an interview from Employee referral. After 1 telephone interview they thought my skill set is not direct match for Test Analyst role and i am more suitable for Java developer role (no Java on my resume). After another telephone interview they call me for onsite interview. I drove to San Antonio from Houston. After onsite interview they felt i am not good for Java Developer role and referred me again for Test Analyst role. I had phone interview did not hear after that it's been two weeks. I am very dissapointed send emails to HR no response from her

Interview Question – your experience in testing ( i did not mention any experience related to testing)   Answer Question

San Antonio, TX

I applied through an employee referral and the process took a day - interviewed at Accenture in July 2011.

Interview Details – The hiring process starts off as with phone interview to gauge if you are serious about the job or just spamming resumes everywhere. If that goes well, they'll arrange an on-site interview which may require you to make plans to travel there if you're not from the same city. On the day of the interview, it will begin with a skills assessment which is basically an awareness test of attention to detail. They will walk you through various scenarios and you will need to tell them back to the interviewer with as much detail as you remember. There are some made up as you go as well. After this skills test, you are interviewed by the capability lead, which in this case is the test lead. You're basically hired if you make it here. He's basically just testing the extent of your knowledge so as you gauge how valuable a resource you will be to the company.

Interview Question – As part of the first interviewer's skills assessment: Describe in as much detail as you remember, how you got here (the interview) from the time you left your door this morning.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There is no negotiation. Your salary is already pre-determined. At least for the an entry level position. You may be able to negotiate if you are an experienced hire.

Test Analyst

I applied through a staffing agency - interviewed at Accenture in February 2013.

Interview Details – WalkIn Interview: Below are the questions asked
1. What happens if Option Explicit is used in the middle of the script
2. Action and Function
3. Difference between For and Do while loop
4. Recovery Scenarios
5. Launch application using VB Script

Interview Question – no   Answer Question

Testing Analyst Interview

I applied online and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Accenture in May 2012.

Interview Details – 1.HR screening interview
2.Interviewed by a Manager, Senior Consultant, and a consultant

Interview Question – What kind of software testing frameworks/testing tools have you used?   View Answer

Reason for Declining – I felt that given my experience set, I did not want to be pigeonholed into a pure testing role for the first two years of my existence at a large firm such at Accenture when my interests laid more in IT strategy.

Test Analyst Interview

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Accenture in January 2012.

Interview Details – I applied online and received an email from a recruiter stating when would be a good time to set up a phone interview with the recruiter. Emailed the recruiter back, and he quickly emailed back saying he would call at the given time. I got the call from the recruiter, basically just going over my resume and skills. At the end of the conversation the recruiter asked what day would be convenient for me to come in for an on-site interview, which was about 3 days later. The recruiter sent me directions on how to get to Accenture, the names of the people I would be interviewing me (one interviewer will be conducting a personality/behavioral interview, the other interviewer would be conducting a skills test).

The first interviewer that was conducting a personality/behavioral interview was AWESOME! I had mentioned to the interviewer that I was nervous, but the interviewer was great at making me feel comfortable. It was about a 20-30 minute conversation and then the interviewer left the room so the second interviewer can come in.

I sat in the conference room for about 10 mins and the second interviewer (hiring manager) came in for my "skills" interview. Very rude and weird. He took a phone call in the middle of a interview, seriously?!. He left at the end of the interview, to take the phone call outside the room. Finally he came back in and told me that the recruiter would be in touch with me, then took off. It was about 40-50 mins long for the skills interview.

I got a call 4 days later from the recruiter saying that they were going to pass on me. I was so relieved! However, it was a great learning experience; from the second interview I learned that it was going to be tough and competitive in order to get this job, but I wouldn't change anything I said or did, I gave it my best effort.

Interview Questions

Interviews for Top Jobs at Accenture

Worked for Accenture? Contribute to the Community!

Accenture – Why Work for Us?

Join a global management consulting, technology services and outsourcing company, with approximately 281,000 people serving clients in more than 120 countries. The sheer scale of Accenture’s capabilities and client… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Accenture Test Analyst interview questions and advice. All 6 interview reviews posted anonymously by Accenture employees and interview candidates.