Accenture

Relevance Date Difficulty

Strategy Consultant Interview

Strategy Consultant
Washington, DC

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 5 weeks - interviewed at Accenture in January 2014.

Interview Details – The interview process described in this post is for individuals applying to Accenture as a experienced hire.

First interview: This is a phone screen with the recruiter to discuss your qualification for the position. The recruiter will lightly go through your resume to ensure that you meet the qualifications for the position. Make sure that you know your resume well and that you can relate it back to the position you are applying too.

Second Interview: This is a Technical screen by a manager on your soon to be team. This person will be asking you about your technical background as it relates to the position. It is extremely important to be able to relate your experience back to the job description as well as be current on things occurring in that field. Use the STAR or PARADE (Victor Cheng) methodology to relate your experience. This style of answering questions is the preferred mechanism for relation information to Accenture managers. Also, Put together 3 to 5 examples of your work that you can refer back to when asked questions. You should know these scenarios like the back of your hand so you can deliver the information with ease to the interviewing manager. Answer all of the interviewing managers questions honestly and tell them when you haven't had experience in a certain area but you would love to grow your knowledge base. If your recruiter is amazing and you make it past the technical screen they will give you some tidbits on things you could approve upon before your next interview. Take this information to heart and Practice, Practice, Practice!!!

Third Interview: Consists of meeting with a Senior Manager. The senior manager will perform a behavioral interview which discusses your background in an indirect manner. The interviewer will ask you about your current project and the role you played on the team. They are looking too see if you were a leader and what type of activities you have completed. Be sure to really have an answer for the following questions: Tell me about yourself?, Reason for wanting to join Accenture?, What type of consulting work would you like to focus on? During this interview be honest with your short falls and make sure to play up the items in your career that you have shined on. Prepare several questions to ask your interviewer. Be sure to create questions that are interesting and dynamic which really sure your character.

Last Step in the process is circling back with the recruiter and receiving your offer letter. Make sure that you do some negotiation in this process. A good book to read in regards to this matter is called The Recruiting Snitch!

I hope this post helps future Accenture employees. I know without the information on this site I would not be able to prepare appropriately.

Interview Question – Tell me about yourself?, Reason for wanting to join Accenture?, What type of consulting work would you like to focus on?   Answer Question

Management Consulting Consultant Interview

Management Consulting Consultant
Washington, DC

I applied through a recruiter - interviewed at Accenture in June 2014.

Interview Details – Recruiter reached out to me for their People and Change practice. Had two short phone conversations with two recruiters about my background and career aspirations. This was followed by a 1-hour "technical" phone interview with a manager who asked me about my experience with business process mapping, building a business case, and current trends in HR technology. This was followed by an in-person interview with a Managing Director where we talked about my previous work experience and did a case. Final interview was another phone interview with a Senior Manager about "fit". The final interview was more of a conversation - I prepared several questions which became the bulk of the interview.

Interview Question – Case was very general about how to handle a finance transformation of an M&A -- no calculations, just had to make sure you cover your bases with a framework.   Answer Question

Accenture Management Consulting Manager Interview

Accenture Management Consulting Manager
Washington, DC

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Accenture.

Interview Details – The hiring process was very smooth. 4 Interviews. 1: Technical Senior Manager 2: Senior Executive 3: Group Senior Executive 4: Accenture HR. The Senior Executive was very confident of skills desired.

Interview Question – Do you know how we generate revenue in this group and what are out priorities this fiscal year?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – It was very straight forward. No negotiation; HR was very straight!

Recruiting Support Role At Client Site Interview

Recruiting Support Role At Client Site
Reston, VA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Accenture in October 2010.

Interview Details – Recruiter called to verify some information and then set up an in person interview at company site. Arrived for 1 on 1 interview, moved to phone interview/ skill interview and finished with a Senior Exec close out interview. Normal work history questions about teamwork and attention to details. Was asked about my leadership experience about mid way thru interview after the person started to really read my resume in front of me. Was told of another position opening and if I might consider it beside the one I was looking for.

Negotiation Details – Applied for one position but was offered the team lead position instead. Surprised by offer as it was 20 grand more then expecting. Probably made a negotiation mistake by showing my surprise of the offer. Should of held out for another 5 grand. But the first year base pay bump of 7 percent helped later.

Communications Specialist Interview

Communications Specialist
Washington, DC

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Accenture in November 2010.

Interview Details – Hiring managers were well prepared and asked great questions. They expected that I would ask questions and responded positively when I did. Third stage was with Senior Executive but felt more like he was just checking to confirm a decision already made.

Interview Question – Asked to complete a skills test: respond to a fictitious stakeholder request and identify the steps and questions I would ask to ensure expectations were met.   Answer Question

Client Financial Management Analyst Interview

Client Financial Management Analyst
Washington, DC

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Accenture in April 2014.

Interview Details – 3 interviews- brief phone call, hour long phone call, 3-hour video conference interview. first phone call was easy about my resume. second was a behavioral interview (recall a time you were challenged, you foresaw a problem, etc-- they ask you to elaborate on everything you say and will ask more questions like "and how did that make you feel"). 3rd interview was over video (supposed to be in office but they don't pay for flights) with 4 different people. know info about accenture and about the position- everyone asked what the company does and what you know about the role you're applying for. be attentive and ask relevant questions. overall everyone was very friendly and easy to talk to

Interview Question – know all about the role   Answer Question

SI Analyst Interview

SI Analyst
Washington, DC

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Accenture in October 2013.

Interview Details – The interview process was pretty standard. It wasn't that bad. I was recruited at a career fair at my university in Sept. First, I had an on-campus interview at our career center. It was basically a resume review session. Then I was called back for a phone interview which was about an hour and a half. These were more behavioral questions, like "tell me about a time when...". Finally, I was called for an on-site interview in DC, which is really just a confirmation that you're a good fit personality-wise. (If you get called to the 3rd interview, you pretty much got the job). They offered me the position in November.

Interview Question – Basic behavioral questions.. Google some for practice.   Answer Question

Asssciate Software Engineer Interview

Asssciate Software Engineer
Washington, DC

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Accenture in March 2014.

Interview Details – Very smooth. I first was e-mailed within a couple hours of submitting my resume online through Taleo and being referred. My phone interview was the next day. I was told to complete a programming assessment and when I passed I was then invited back for a second round at an Accenture sight in the DC/NoVA area. My recruiter was prompt and got back to me the very next business day with my decision.

Interview Question – I wasn't asked any technical questions, but I did make sure that I made it clear that I understood the technical aspect of the job through RDBMS, programming, and understanding concepts. I was told by other interviewee's that they were asked about SQL joins, queries, and difficult Java questions and were asked to write code on the spot.   Answer Question

IT Audit Analyst Interview

IT Audit Analyst
Arlington, VA

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Accenture in December 2013.

Interview Details – First Step: E-mail interaction with recruiter with submission of a resume. Then approval of a background check.
Second Step: Telephone interview with the recruiter to check for qualifications and determine what you are looking for (salary, travel, etc.)
Third Step: Confirmation e-mail for the next process of the interview. An email indicating time and place for a 2 person interview. An interview with a manager and head manager.
Last Step: Confirmation email to sign contract. Once accepted, all the details for orientation will be received.

Interview Question – Do you know what FISCAM is?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I did not negotiate because it was my first job.

Business Technology Analyst Interview

Business Technology Analyst
Arlington, VA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Accenture in February 2014.

Interview Details – I was contacted by my recruiter one day after applying to discuss the interview process and set up the first interview.

1 - Resume Parse interview on phone ~30 minutes
Know your resume well, obviously. Learn about the company and specific area you are applying to. "Tell me about yourself". Do you know what this position entails? What type of work would you be doing? Why are you changing fields? Overall, this isn't too bad...just be sure to study your resume, the position, and company and know why you're applying. It doesn't hurt to over-prepare. You have opportunities to ask questions at the end - take advantage of it.

I heard back from my recruiter later that day to set up the next interview.

2 - Situational interview on phone ~ 50 minutes
IMO this is the toughest part of the interview process. You will be asked 3-4 situational questions that you should answer using the "STAR" method (Google it). Again, be sure you know how to respond to "tell me about yourself", "why consulting?", etc. For the situational questions, make sure you have maybe 7-8 situations that you can apply to different situations. For example, "name a situation when you helped save time or money", "when did you manage a large amount of data", "when did you have to plan out or schedule something?" Focus on teamwork, work conflicts, work distribution, etc. Again, have questions to ask at the end.

The next day, my recruiter set me up for the final interview.

3 - Office visit in person ~ 4 hours
They will fly you out to the office where you'll be interviewed by 2 managers/execs individually (about 30-45 minutes each depending on how engaging you are). These were very informal and relaxed. They really just want to get to know you. They are required to take a behavioral assessment though, so have your situations prepared.

In addition to interviews, you'll meet current analysts (very informal), and they'll make a presentation to you.

It took a few days to hear back with a verbal offer. Finally got the official offer 4 days after that, and I didn't have much time to make a decision (<24 hrs). Although a bit rushed near the end, overall lovely people and smooth process.

Interview Question – Name a time you had to gain the trust of your co-workers/supervisors.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – They don't typically negotiate base salary. I hear they may negotiate signing/relocation bonuses, though.

Worked for Accenture? Contribute to the Community!