Accenture Interview Questions in Washington, DC

Updated Aug 27, 2015

2.8

Strategy Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Accenture (Washington, DC) in January 2014.

Interview

The interview process described in this post is for individuals applying to Accenture as a experienced hire. First interview: This is a phone screen with the recruiter to discuss your qualification for the position. The recruiter will lightly go through your resume to ensure that you meet the qualifications for the position. Make sure that you know your resume well and that you can relate it back to the position you are applying too. Second Interview: This is a Technical screen by a manager on your soon to be team. This person will be asking you about your technical background as it relates to the position. It is extremely important to be able to relate your experience back to the job description as well as be current on things occurring in that field. Use the STAR or PARADE (Victor Cheng) methodology to relate your experience. This style of answering questions is the preferred mechanism for relation information to Accenture managers. Also, Put together 3 to 5 examples of your work that you can refer back to when asked questions. You should know these scenarios like the back of your hand so you can deliver the information with ease to the interviewing manager. Answer all of the interviewing managers questions honestly and tell them when you haven't had experience in a certain area but you would love to grow your knowledge base. If your recruiter is amazing and you make it past the technical screen they will give you some tidbits on things you could approve upon before your next interview. Take this information to heart and Practice, Practice, Practice!!! Third Interview: Consists of meeting with a Senior Manager. The senior manager will perform a behavioral interview which discusses your background in an indirect manner. The interviewer will ask you about your current project and the role you played on the team. They are looking too see if you were a leader and what type of activities you have completed. Be sure to really have an answer for the following questions: Tell me about yourself?, Reason for wanting to join Accenture?, What type of consulting work would you like to focus on? During this interview be honest with your short falls and make sure to play up the items in your career that you have shined on. Prepare several questions to ask your interviewer. Be sure to create questions that are interesting and dynamic which really sure your character. Last Step in the process is circling back with the recruiter and receiving your offer letter. Make sure that you do some negotiation in this process. A good book to read in regards to this matter is called The Recruiting Snitch! I hope this post helps future Accenture employees. I know without the information on this site I would not be able to prepare appropriately.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself?, Reason for wanting to join Accenture?, What type of consulting work would you like to focus on?   Answer Question

Associate Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington, VA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Accenture (Arlington, VA) in August 2015.

Interview

Initially took an online test. Heard back from the recruiters a few days later and set up an in-person interview. Received some prep materials that were quite useful. At the in-person interview, everyone I met with was extremely friendly and helpful. There were two parts to the interview, one technical, and one behavioral.

Contract Management Interview

Anonymous Employee in Arlington, VA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Accenture (Arlington, VA).

Interview

Typical process, Met with Manager of position. After meeting with them I met with the Director. Took about a week before getting a offer. interviewed over the phone and in person.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about what you know about the role? what is your experience in this field?   Answer Question

Client Financial Management Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Arlington, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Accenture (Arlington, VA) in May 2015.

Interview

Started off with a brief phone interview asking about my background and career goals. Then, an hour long behavioral interview over the phone where they asked a bunch of situational questions. Afterwards, you are brought into the office for a 3 hour interview where you have 4 half hour to one hour interviews with members of the CFM team from analysts to senior manager. Know your resume down cold, and be sure to take notes in the beginning when the position is described in detail, because you will be asked multiple times what you know about the position.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

None

Technology Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Accenture (Washington, DC).

Interview

I am a graduating senior majoring in biomedical engineering. I have three internships in quantitative analysis roles and extensive experience in an extracurricular consulting club I helped found, which is what I think set me apart. I met Accenture recruiters at a career fair during a conference and had an in-person interview the next day at the same conference. It was a behavioral interview, but I could tell the interviewer was deeply assessing my interpersonal skills, i.e. how I answer questions, how I pose questions, my body language, etc. I had a second interview on the phone 2 months later (there was a long delay in between the first interview and the second since Thanksgiving break occurred and my recruiter was traveling extensively during that period). The second interview was purely behavioral, but it was very easy (questions included: When have you ever had to work with difficult team members?). The third and final interview entailed flying me out to DC a month later, where I interviewed in person with three Accenture employees and attended information sessions on the company. They questioned me on my technical background and asked me what I would do in certain situations. I was more nervous for this day then I should have been; they did a very good job of putting me and the other interviewees at rest. I learned of their decision to extend me an offer about a week or so later.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation in which you have had to work with difficult team members.   Answer Question

Change Management Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Alexandria, VA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Accenture (Alexandria, VA) in April 2015.

Interview

There was a minimum of two interviews and if they think that you're a good fit for the company, they pass on your resume to someone that they might know that you'd be a better fit for. Well at least for me they were willing to do that. Before the interview process, you do an interview with HR about salary and specific skills that you have. The recruiters also do a really good job in asking you questions to see if you have skills that would match openings that they have.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I did the negotiation with HR before even talking to the managers on the individual projects.

Java Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Accenture (Washington, DC) in April 2015.

Interview

The HR recruiters that I dealt with were very helpful and professional. The technical skills over the phone interview was shorter than I had anticipated, consisting of one general logic- assessing problem, and a couple of fairly easy programming problems.

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Accenture (Washington, DC) in April 2015.

Interview

The interview was one round of phone screen which went pretty well,I was asked about my domain knowledge and previous work experience in a business perspective. The interview was very generic, not much into the technical details, It was a 20 minute conversation.

Business and Systems Integration Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Accenture (Washington, DC).

Interview

Phone interview followed by at least two rounds of interviews (cant remember if was two or three). Recruited through the university Career Fair. I was able to choose what location I wanted when I applied and actually got the location that I wanted as opposed to the DC office which is where they were mainly recruiting for.

Interview Questions

• Give me an example when you had an issue withing a team and what did YOU do to resolve it?   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negiotiations

Associate Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington, VA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Accenture (Arlington, VA) in March 2015.

Interview

One phone interview, follow by 40 question test I had to pass. Then went to Arlington Office for two more interviews. One was HR and the other was technical. The process was smooth. The HR interview was tough. He tried to go in-depth in the ONE question I didn't have a good answer for. Had to answer a brain teaser at the end.

Interview Questions

• What was a time you had to handle difficult people and how did you handle it?   Answer Question