Accenture Interview Questions in Washington, DC

Updated Aug 18, 2015

2.7

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington, VA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Accenture (Arlington, VA) in August 2015.

Interview

Initially took an online test. Heard back from the recruiters a few days later and set up an in-person interview. Received some prep materials that were quite useful. At the in-person interview, everyone I met with was extremely friendly and helpful. There were two parts to the interview, one technical, and one behavioral.

Java Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Accenture (Washington, DC) in April 2015.

Interview

The HR recruiters that I dealt with were very helpful and professional. The technical skills over the phone interview was shorter than I had anticipated, consisting of one general logic- assessing problem, and a couple of fairly easy programming problems.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington, VA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Accenture (Arlington, VA) in March 2015.

Interview

One phone interview, follow by 40 question test I had to pass. Then went to Arlington Office for two more interviews. One was HR and the other was technical. The process was smooth. The HR interview was tough. He tried to go in-depth in the ONE question I didn't have a good answer for. Had to answer a brain teaser at the end.

Interview Questions

• What was a time you had to handle difficult people and how did you handle it?   Answer Question

Android Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Accenture (Washington, DC) in January 2015.

Interview

1) 1 hour phone interview with HR, 2) 1 hour technical interview (phone), The technical guy just asked me broad technical questions about the technologies on my resume. 3) 1 hour behavioral interview with manager (webcam). The final round interview was the 1 hour behavioral interview. Think STAR Relatively easy. I didn't prepare for anything.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you.... (Star questions) Describe a time when you lead a group. Describe a time when you changed your team's or companies' policy. Android vs iOS. UI, Rest. Can you connect to rest. Basic broad questions trying about stuff I wrote down on my resume.   Answer Question

MCDP Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington, VA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Accenture (Arlington, VA) in July 2014.

Interview

Applied online via employee referral in March. 2 months later I received an email for a phone screening (Late May) I then had 2 phone case interviews in early July, followed by a final round interview in late July. Phone Screening was 30 minutes with a recruiter. Started with telling a little about myself. Then I asked her questions. She was going to ask me questions too, but our conversation went long and we didn't have time. Despite my resume listing me being in the Washington DC area, they repeatedly thought I was in Texas (state of my alma mater), so my 2 preliminary case interviews were over the phone. You get a confirmation email for the two of them listing the interviewer's name and position. They both were one hour (never more!). The interviewer introduced herself, asked a couple common behavioral questions and then did the case. Following the case you get to ask the interviewer whatever questions you have (time permitting). Accenture policy is to not offer feedback/how you could improve at any point in the interview process. I got an email the day following my second first round case interview from my recruiter saying I made the final round and that she got good feedback from the interviewers. Final round interview was at Accenture's office in Arlington. I went in with a cohort of 5 other applicants. First we had a presentation with consultants hired within the past 3 years about the company, benefits and the MCDP. Then we went in pairs of two, one of us would do the case interview while the other would do the behavioral/fit interview. After 45 minutes, brief water break and switch. They got back to us the next week with whether or not we got it.

Interview Questions

• All three cases were business cases (no strictly quantitative). I (naively) did minimal case preparation. I did not find any of the cases difficult, but would have fared better had I more known what is expected in case interviews. The final interview had some simple math. In order of interview progression, they were: 1) Pharmaceutical's patent on drug accounting for 25% of their revenue expiring at year's end. How to maximize that drug's profit in last year and cut costs going forward. 2) Company having trouble hiring, keeping certain employees, develop data driven program to evaluate how to better hire and retain these employees. 3) USPS is considering cutting delivery down to 4 days. Wants to know if would save money and what changes they'd have to anticipate. At the end of each case they ask you to concisely present your findings (as if in a real business scenario).   Answer Question

Systems Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Accenture (Washington, DC) in May 2014.

Interview

There was a 15 minute interview with HR over the phone. Then there was a second interview about an hour where they asked 4 questions name a time when... Then there would be an on-site interview if the two phone interviews went well. They told me the interview process from the beginning which was helpful. They also will let you know promptly if you don't get the position. The whole process took about a week or so, but I believe if you apply earlier in the semester it can take significantly longer.

Interview Questions

• First interview question: What do you think we do at Accenture? Second Interview question: Describe a situation where you had to work with a poorly functioning team, and how did you overcome this?   Answer Question

Cyber Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington, VA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Accenture (Arlington, VA) in July 2013.

Interview

Accenture has 5 portions of the interview process. First step was a call from a general HR member. Discussed portions of the resume, why you are thinking of leaving your current position. Second was a behavioral based on the STAR process. Phone interview lasted 30 minutes with one individual. Third step was a conversation with a manager in the department discussing what the job would be, how you would fit in.

Interview Questions

• Basic information to describe how you picked undergrad school, how you choose undergrad school, how you choose grad school, and how you enjoy living in your current area.   Answer Question
    • Tell them about a recent situation you had to work long and very hard. What were the end results.   Answer Question
    • Describe recent event that you disagreed with someone above you. How did you act and was it resolved.   Answer Question

Entry Level Tech Consulting Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Accenture (Arlington, VA) in April 2013.

Interview

The first round was a simple screening interview. Just basically me walking through my resume. 2nd interview was long one hour to be exact. Its a situational interview where i was asked about 4 "tell me about a time when" questions. It wasn't that hard to me but just be sure to be able to elaborate on any experience that you've had thats job related. They will ask many sub questions about your experience like "why did you do that?", "how did you feel?", "were you successful? ", etc. 3Rd interview is the last and final which is an in person interview. They have you sit in a 2 hour presentation about accenture.then you have two back to back 45minute interview with two senior managers.

Interview Questions

• Have i ever had to do a project independent study or by myself?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Accenture (Washington, DC) in April 2013.

Interview

The whole process was very fast and professional. In total, from when I applied and got interviewed and feedback was about 2 weeks. They give you a 40 question aptitude test to do after like an hour long phone interview. And then they bring you on-site if you pass to do a 1:1 interview for technical skills and also behavioral

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had a less than cooperative team member and what did you do about it? what was the result?   1 Answer

Systems Integration Consultant Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Accenture (Arlington, VA) in March 2013.

Interview

I applied online for an entry level Management consulting position. I have an MBA and three years of finance experience. An HR rep contacted me approximately 3 weeks later asking if I would be interested in a position in Systems Integration despite the fact that I have no technology background. I responded, "Yes of course, I can learn anything I put my mind to." True statement. 1st Interview: A week later, I was contacted by HR for a phone screening; you go over your resume, etc. They are just trying to make sure you are who you say you are. 2nd Interview: About 5 days later I had a 30-45 min phone interview with Senior Exec. I found that this was very scripted and really easy if you prepare. RESEARCH the person that is interviewing you! Make a personal connection, build rapport, find commonalities... they will like you and remember you. From my experience, this will be your (only) time to sell yourself and brag about your accomplishments. Review the questions on Glassdoor that are already listed. Each question I was given was on this site. 3rd Interview: Finally, 4 months after my initial HR screening, Accenture flew me to DC and put me in a hotel. The final round started at 8:30am and there were about 15 other candidates in my group. We stared with a 1 hr. presentation with consultants (very laid back), followed by two 1hr back-to-back interviews with manager/sr. exec. To be honest, the last two interviews completely caught me off-guard; these interviews are simply a conversation, I was hardly asked anything. The first guy didn’t know my background or anything about me. Compared to previous interviews, I was not impressed in the slightest. I left feeling disappointed that I wasn't "drilled" as hard as I would have liked; difficult questions give you your time to shine! So again, do your RESEARCH. Come prepared with many (intelligent) questions to ask, know what the senior exec's do on a daily basis, even look into which specific projects they are currently working on, they will be impressed! Just simply be able to hold a meaningful conversation. LISTEN to them and be able to provide thoughtful, clever, and quick feedback. Shoot, stroke their egos… all you have to do is get them to like you! They are only testing your interpersonal and communication skills. Review: After the final interview I flew home the same day (Thursday), emailed my recruiter to thank her, and asked when I would hear back. I was told either Friday or Monday. So I waited, waited, sent another email on Wednesday (I had another offer pending) and then finally was contacted on Thursday with the news that Accenture would not be able to hire me due to my LACK of TECHNICAL experience. Irritating? Very much so. The fact that I took time from my current job and studies to curtail to this unorganized interview process and fly to DC for such a response, or lack there of. Thankfully I had already accepted the other position before I received Accenture’s call. So kids, there is my story, good luck! Accenture is a very good company to work for, just not for me or for my career path. Remember: research, study, and listen. If Accenture has come to you, your career/school accomplishments have already spoken for themselves; the goal now is to get them to like you!

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time.... All teamwork and leadership based questions.   Answer Question