Accenture

2.8

127 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

I applied through other source. The process took a dayinterviewed at Accenture.

DETAILED HR phone screen lasting 60 minutes -- be prepared! If HR phone screen isn't well received, interview process ends there. If screen is successful, will typically have one or two skills interviews (tough - they are well prepared and know how to dig into details to learn one's skills. Don't lie - be honest). If skills interview succeeds, will move on to confirming interviews, typically one person but often two. Hiring manager will typically be the last person with whom interviewee will speak. HR will follow-up with offer or decline of offer.

Interview Questions
    • As mentioned above, skills interviews will be very thorough. DO NOT try to mis-represent one's skills, be as honest as possible. Interviewer will dig down very deeply to get to the essence of what one has done/knows. They are good at this so be prepared and be honest.   Answer Question
    HR dug deeply at initial phone screen to learn asking salary, etc. In my case, I asked for a signing bonus and also an increase in salary over what was offered (I received both) but keep in mind that this was over 10 years ago and this may not be the case today. In addition I had experience and relationships in an area of business in which the company was interested.

Management Consultant Development Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Accenture in January 2014.

I was referred by an Accenture employee. I was a contacted by HR to set up a preliminary interview, basically screening. Next were two over the phone case interviews. Last was an in office interview which was a presentation, a case interview and last confirming/behavioral interview. The whole process took about three weeks.

Interview Questions
    • Case Interviews, can't compare to a McKinsey, more broad not so detailed specific.   Answer Question
    N/a

Modern Web Applications Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington, VA

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Accenture in December 2013.

Interview process was relatively quick, considering the size of the company. The recruiter was very friendly, and followed up almost daily. 1st interview was a standard screening with the recruiter, 2nd interview was a skills review with a technical person, 3rd interview was video conference with managing partner. I received an offer the day after my last interview. Onboarding process took longer than the interview process.

Interview Questions
    • Why do you want to use an MVVM or MVC framework?   View Answer
    Salary counter-offer was rejected, but was able to negotiate signing bonus, no relocation assistance

IT Audit Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington, VA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Accenture in December 2013.

First Step: E-mail interaction with recruiter with submission of a resume. Then approval of a background check.
    Second Step: Telephone interview with the recruiter to check for qualifications and determine what you are looking for (salary, travel, etc.)
    Third Step: Confirmation e-mail for the next process of the interview. An email indicating time and place for a 2 person interview. An interview with a manager and head manager.
    Last Step: Confirmation email to sign contract. Once accepted, all the details for orientation will be received.

Interview Questions
    I did not negotiate because it was my first job.

Systems Integration Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Accenture in October 2013.

First interview was on campus about 30 minutes. Mostly a get to know you type interview with questions like What do you do in your free time when you aren't studying or in class? What are your hobbies? It was very laid back. Mostly to see if you're somebody they would want to hang out with and to see if they could put you in front of a client. Called back later the same day for a second round interview the next day.

Second interview was all behavioral, no cases. Standard behavioral questions such as Tell me about the most significant project you've worked on? Tell me about a time you had a conflict with a coworker? Why consulting/Accenture? Have a story prepared for all sorts of these questions, use the STAR method and you'll be fine. A few days later they called with an invitation to onsite interviews.

Onsite interview consisted of a presentation from some current analysts and consultants. This was about an hour and a half. They will answer tons of questions and are a valuable resource to understand the company. Next there are two interviews. One with a Senior Manager and one with a Manager. My first one was with a Senior Manager and it was mostly more behavioral questions. However, this time they answered a lot of follow up questions and wanted more detail to answers so be prepared for that. The second interview was with a manager and was extremely casual and short. Questions were more along the lines of What's your biggest concern with Accenture? Are you okay with traveling?

Basically if you make it to the third round the job is yours to lose. Just be yourself, smile, and be confident.

Received a final job offer about two weeks later.

Interview Questions
    • What was the most significant project you've worked on?   Answer Question
    The offer seemed to be firm which is fine because the salary was for a lot more than I was expecting.

SI Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Accenture in October 2013.

The interview process was pretty standard. It wasn't that bad. I was recruited at a career fair at my university in Sept. First, I had an on-campus interview at our career center. It was basically a resume review session. Then I was called back for a phone interview which was about an hour and a half. These were more behavioral questions, like "tell me about a time when...". Finally, I was called for an on-site interview in DC, which is really just a confirmation that you're a good fit personality-wise. (If you get called to the 3rd interview, you pretty much got the job). They offered me the position in November.

Interview Questions
    • Basic behavioral questions.. Google some for practice.   Answer Question

Systems Integration Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

I applied through university career website. There were three rounds of interviews. First two rounds are on campus. Rounds 2 and 3 are behavioral.

First round is a review of your resume and is very conversational. Second round consists of 3-4 questions. Questions center around four topics (Teamwork, Conflict Resolution, Time Management, Problem Solving). Third round is on-site in which you sit through a hour presentation then proceed to two interviews by higher level management. Those interviews are similar to the second round.

I received a call for the offer from the recruiter about 3 weeks later.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing too difficult. Was a little caught off by a question about how I would describe day one of the job.   Answer Question
    I did not negotiate because the salary was very competitive.

Cyber Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington, VA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Accenture in July 2013.

Accenture has 5 portions of the interview process. First step was a call from a general HR member. Discussed portions of the resume, why you are thinking of leaving your current position. Second was a behavioral based on the STAR process. Phone interview lasted 30 minutes with one individual. Third step was a conversation with a manager in the department discussing what the job would be, how you would fit in.

Interview Questions
    • Basic information to describe how you picked undergrad school, how you choose undergrad school, how you choose grad school, and how you enjoy living in your current area.   Answer Question
    • Tell them about a recent situation you had to work long and very hard. What were the end results.   Answer Question
    • Describe recent event that you disagreed with someone above you. How did you act and was it resolved.   Answer Question

Systems Integration Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Accenture.

On campus interview process in undergrad. One screening interview of 15 minutes via phone, one on campus call back with behavioral questions, on-site interview day with presentations and two interviews with senior executives (behavioral questions and general conversation)

Interview Questions
    • Why do you want to work here?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time when you had a group project and things did not go well. What did you do?   Answer Question

Resource Management Analyst (PMO Analyst) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington, VA

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Accenture in June 2013.

1st Interview - Basic Phone Screening with a accenture recruiter. recruiter then works with you to match you with a pirticular position.
    2nd interview- 60-90min phone interview with your boss on the project. mostly basic behavorial questions and a few situational questions that are easy. depends on your interviewer.
    3rd interview- In person interview with the project manager. this interview it difficult because it is just a 30min conversation to get to know you. no questions about your resume will be asked. just sit down and have a conversation. be prepared to be able to carry on a conversation well.

Interview Questions
    • Mostly Behavioral Questions throughout the interview process.   Answer Question
    non-negotiable.