Accenture

Updated Feb 17, 2015

2.8

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Accenture in February 2014.

I interviewed through my university. There was first a Pre-Night which is where you get to meet some people that actually work for Accenture. That is your first impression so make sure that its a good one. Then the next day you have your first interview. I was told they heard great things about me from the Interviewer so the Pre-Night makes a huge impact! If they like you, they'll cal you back on the same day and ask you to come the next day for a second round. That is a behavioral joint, so just know yourself and how you performed in different situations! If they like you they hit you back!

Interview Questions
    • Describe when you had to work with a difficult person.   View Answer
    I havent gotten there yet lol

Management Consulting Senior Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at Accenture in February 2014.

The process started with a call from a recruiter based upon my LinkedIn page.

It continued through interviews with a senior recruiter to further review my background. It then continued with a skills assessment test with a Senior Manager followed by a case study interview. All three of these interviews were pretty standard, no surprise or outlandish questions. The staff conducting the interview for each was pleasant and knowledgeable about the company, position and process. The interviews were much more conversational than question and answer.

Those went just fine. Subsequently, they flew me to an east coast city to talk with a Managing Director on whose project I would work. That interview went about an hour or so. The focus was on my role and responsibilities on their project and how my background suited for such. Easy enough as I was recruited solely because I had the skills and background for this particular project.

After this interview, I heard nothing from for 2 months; when they called and offered the position. I was in no hurry as I was presently employed and understand in consulting offers come and go based upon their present needs. Most of the time; firms like Accenture do experienced hire recruiting and interviews based upon anticipated needs which may or may not come to fruition during the interview.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing hard, just understand how your background would be a fit for their position and work through points during your talks so they will understand, as well. It doesn't have to be a perfect match, just so your background addresses their key needs. Like any other client/consultant relationship.   Answer Question
    A fairly standard process. They asked my minimum and offered about 5K more. They added a sign on bonus, which I accepted. The negotiating was actually done with the Sr Recruiter.

Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Accenture.

Resume was submitted by a former Accenture employee and the entire interview process took 6 rounds from the initial phone screen. Met with two Senior Manager and a Manager for the third round. Once complete, I met with the Managing Director responsible for hiring me into unit and met with the Managing Director in charge of the industry I would be working in. Process was fairly lengthy and it took roughly 2 months.

Interview Questions
    • Had a business case on creating a strategy for a specific industry.   Answer Question
    There wasn't much of a negotiation, I told the Managing Director what I was looking for and they offered that amount. Offer was comparable to two other firms I was interviewing with as well.

Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

I applied through other source. The process took a dayinterviewed at Accenture.

DETAILED HR phone screen lasting 60 minutes -- be prepared! If HR phone screen isn't well received, interview process ends there. If screen is successful, will typically have one or two skills interviews (tough - they are well prepared and know how to dig into details to learn one's skills. Don't lie - be honest). If skills interview succeeds, will move on to confirming interviews, typically one person but often two. Hiring manager will typically be the last person with whom interviewee will speak. HR will follow-up with offer or decline of offer.

Interview Questions
    • As mentioned above, skills interviews will be very thorough. DO NOT try to mis-represent one's skills, be as honest as possible. Interviewer will dig down very deeply to get to the essence of what one has done/knows. They are good at this so be prepared and be honest.   Answer Question
    HR dug deeply at initial phone screen to learn asking salary, etc. In my case, I asked for a signing bonus and also an increase in salary over what was offered (I received both) but keep in mind that this was over 10 years ago and this may not be the case today. In addition I had experience and relationships in an area of business in which the company was interested.

Management Consultant Development Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Accenture in January 2014.

I was referred by an Accenture employee. I was a contacted by HR to set up a preliminary interview, basically screening. Next were two over the phone case interviews. Last was an in office interview which was a presentation, a case interview and last confirming/behavioral interview. The whole process took about three weeks.

Interview Questions
    • Case Interviews, can't compare to a McKinsey, more broad not so detailed specific.   Answer Question
    N/a

Modern Web Applications Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington, VA

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Accenture in December 2013.

Interview process was relatively quick, considering the size of the company. The recruiter was very friendly, and followed up almost daily. 1st interview was a standard screening with the recruiter, 2nd interview was a skills review with a technical person, 3rd interview was video conference with managing partner. I received an offer the day after my last interview. Onboarding process took longer than the interview process.

Interview Questions
    • Why do you want to use an MVVM or MVC framework?   View Answer
    Salary counter-offer was rejected, but was able to negotiate signing bonus, no relocation assistance

IT Audit Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington, VA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Accenture in December 2013.

First Step: E-mail interaction with recruiter with submission of a resume. Then approval of a background check.
    Second Step: Telephone interview with the recruiter to check for qualifications and determine what you are looking for (salary, travel, etc.)
    Third Step: Confirmation e-mail for the next process of the interview. An email indicating time and place for a 2 person interview. An interview with a manager and head manager.
    Last Step: Confirmation email to sign contract. Once accepted, all the details for orientation will be received.

Interview Questions
    I did not negotiate because it was my first job.

Systems Integration Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Accenture in October 2013.

First interview was on campus about 30 minutes. Mostly a get to know you type interview with questions like What do you do in your free time when you aren't studying or in class? What are your hobbies? It was very laid back. Mostly to see if you're somebody they would want to hang out with and to see if they could put you in front of a client. Called back later the same day for a second round interview the next day.

Second interview was all behavioral, no cases. Standard behavioral questions such as Tell me about the most significant project you've worked on? Tell me about a time you had a conflict with a coworker? Why consulting/Accenture? Have a story prepared for all sorts of these questions, use the STAR method and you'll be fine. A few days later they called with an invitation to onsite interviews.

Onsite interview consisted of a presentation from some current analysts and consultants. This was about an hour and a half. They will answer tons of questions and are a valuable resource to understand the company. Next there are two interviews. One with a Senior Manager and one with a Manager. My first one was with a Senior Manager and it was mostly more behavioral questions. However, this time they answered a lot of follow up questions and wanted more detail to answers so be prepared for that. The second interview was with a manager and was extremely casual and short. Questions were more along the lines of What's your biggest concern with Accenture? Are you okay with traveling?

Basically if you make it to the third round the job is yours to lose. Just be yourself, smile, and be confident.

Received a final job offer about two weeks later.

Interview Questions
    • What was the most significant project you've worked on?   Answer Question
    The offer seemed to be firm which is fine because the salary was for a lot more than I was expecting.

SI Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Accenture in October 2013.

The interview process was pretty standard. It wasn't that bad. I was recruited at a career fair at my university in Sept. First, I had an on-campus interview at our career center. It was basically a resume review session. Then I was called back for a phone interview which was about an hour and a half. These were more behavioral questions, like "tell me about a time when...". Finally, I was called for an on-site interview in DC, which is really just a confirmation that you're a good fit personality-wise. (If you get called to the 3rd interview, you pretty much got the job). They offered me the position in November.

Interview Questions
    • Basic behavioral questions.. Google some for practice.   Answer Question

Systems Integration Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

I applied through university career website. There were three rounds of interviews. First two rounds are on campus. Rounds 2 and 3 are behavioral.

First round is a review of your resume and is very conversational. Second round consists of 3-4 questions. Questions center around four topics (Teamwork, Conflict Resolution, Time Management, Problem Solving). Third round is on-site in which you sit through a hour presentation then proceed to two interviews by higher level management. Those interviews are similar to the second round.

I received a call for the offer from the recruiter about 3 weeks later.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing too difficult. Was a little caught off by a question about how I would describe day one of the job.   Answer Question
    I did not negotiate because the salary was very competitive.