Accenture Interview Questions in Washington, DC

Updated Apr 13, 2015

2.8

Management Consulting Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Accenture (Washington, DC) in June 2014.

Interview

Recruiter reached out to me for their People and Change practice. Had two short phone conversations with two recruiters about my background and career aspirations. This was followed by a 1-hour "technical" phone interview with a manager who asked me about my experience with business process mapping, building a business case, and current trends in HR technology. This was followed by an in-person interview with a Managing Director where we talked about my previous work experience and did a case. Final interview was another phone interview with a Senior Manager about "fit". The final interview was more of a conversation - I prepared several questions which became the bulk of the interview.

Interview Questions

• Case was very general about how to handle a finance transformation of an M&A -- no calculations, just had to make sure you cover your bases with a framework.   Answer Question

Client Financial Management Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Accenture (Washington, DC) in April 2014.

Interview

3 interviews- brief phone call, hour long phone call, 3-hour video conference interview. first phone call was easy about my resume. second was a behavioral interview (recall a time you were challenged, you foresaw a problem, etc-- they ask you to elaborate on everything you say and will ask more questions like "and how did that make you feel"). 3rd interview was over video (supposed to be in office but they don't pay for flights) with 4 different people. know info about accenture and about the position- everyone asked what the company does and what you know about the role you're applying for. be attentive and ask relevant questions. overall everyone was very friendly and easy to talk to

Asssciate Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Accenture (Washington, DC) in March 2014.

Interview

Very smooth. I first was e-mailed within a couple hours of submitting my resume online through Taleo and being referred. My phone interview was the next day. I was told to complete a programming assessment and when I passed I was then invited back for a second round at an Accenture sight in the DC/NoVA area. My recruiter was prompt and got back to me the very next business day with my decision.

Interview Questions

• I wasn't asked any technical questions, but I did make sure that I made it clear that I understood the technical aspect of the job through RDBMS, programming, and understanding concepts. I was told by other interviewee's that they were asked about SQL joins, queries, and difficult Java questions and were asked to write code on the spot.   Answer Question

Business Technology Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington, VA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Accenture (Arlington, VA) in February 2014.

Interview

I was contacted by my recruiter one day after applying to discuss the interview process and set up the first interview.

1 - Resume Parse interview on phone ~30 minutes
    Know your resume well, obviously. Learn about the company and specific area you are applying to. "Tell me about yourself". Do you know what this position entails? What type of work would you be doing? Why are you changing fields? Overall, this isn't too bad...just be sure to study your resume, the position, and company and know why you're applying. It doesn't hurt to over-prepare. You have opportunities to ask questions at the end - take advantage of it.

I heard back from my recruiter later that day to set up the next interview.

2 - Situational interview on phone ~ 50 minutes
    IMO this is the toughest part of the interview process. You will be asked 3-4 situational questions that you should answer using the "STAR" method (Google it). Again, be sure you know how to respond to "tell me about yourself", "why consulting?", etc. For the situational questions, make sure you have maybe 7-8 situations that you can apply to different situations. For example, "name a situation when you helped save time or money", "when did you manage a large amount of data", "when did you have to plan out or schedule something?" Focus on teamwork, work conflicts, work distribution, etc. Again, have questions to ask at the end.

The next day, my recruiter set me up for the final interview.

3 - Office visit in person ~ 4 hours
    They will fly you out to the office where you'll be interviewed by 2 managers/execs individually (about 30-45 minutes each depending on how engaging you are). These were very informal and relaxed. They really just want to get to know you. They are required to take a behavioral assessment though, so have your situations prepared.

In addition to interviews, you'll meet current analysts (very informal), and they'll make a presentation to you.

It took a few days to hear back with a verbal offer. Finally got the official offer 4 days after that, and I didn't have much time to make a decision (<24 hrs). Although a bit rushed near the end, overall lovely people and smooth process.

Interview Questions

• Name a time you had to gain the trust of your co-workers/supervisors.   Answer Question

Negotiation

They don't typically negotiate base salary. I hear they may negotiate signing/relocation bonuses, though.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Accenture (Washington, DC) in February 2014.

Interview

I interviewed through my university. There was first a Pre-Night which is where you get to meet some people that actually work for Accenture. That is your first impression so make sure that its a good one. Then the next day you have your first interview. I was told they heard great things about me from the Interviewer so the Pre-Night makes a huge impact! If they like you, they'll cal you back on the same day and ask you to come the next day for a second round. That is a behavioral joint, so just know yourself and how you performed in different situations! If they like you they hit you back!

Interview Questions

• Describe when you had to work with a difficult person.   1 Answer

Negotiation

I havent gotten there yet lol

Management Consulting Senior Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at Accenture (Washington, DC) in February 2014.

Interview

The process started with a call from a recruiter based upon my LinkedIn page.

It continued through interviews with a senior recruiter to further review my background. It then continued with a skills assessment test with a Senior Manager followed by a case study interview. All three of these interviews were pretty standard, no surprise or outlandish questions. The staff conducting the interview for each was pleasant and knowledgeable about the company, position and process. The interviews were much more conversational than question and answer.

Those went just fine. Subsequently, they flew me to an east coast city to talk with a Managing Director on whose project I would work. That interview went about an hour or so. The focus was on my role and responsibilities on their project and how my background suited for such. Easy enough as I was recruited solely because I had the skills and background for this particular project.

After this interview, I heard nothing from for 2 months; when they called and offered the position. I was in no hurry as I was presently employed and understand in consulting offers come and go based upon their present needs. Most of the time; firms like Accenture do experienced hire recruiting and interviews based upon anticipated needs which may or may not come to fruition during the interview.

Interview Questions

• Nothing hard, just understand how your background would be a fit for their position and work through points during your talks so they will understand, as well. It doesn't have to be a perfect match, just so your background addresses their key needs. Like any other client/consultant relationship.   Answer Question

Negotiation

A fairly standard process. They asked my minimum and offered about 5K more. They added a sign on bonus, which I accepted. The negotiating was actually done with the Sr Recruiter.

Management Consulting Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Accenture (Washington, DC) in February 2014.

Interview

First interview: This is a phone screen with the recruiter to discuss your qualification for the position. The recruiter will lightly go through your resume to ensure that you meet the qualifications for the position. Make sure that you know your resume well and that you can relate it back to the position you are applying too.

Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Accenture (Washington, DC).

Interview

Resume was submitted by a former Accenture employee and the entire interview process took 6 rounds from the initial phone screen. Met with two Senior Manager and a Manager for the third round. Once complete, I met with the Managing Director responsible for hiring me into unit and met with the Managing Director in charge of the industry I would be working in. Process was fairly lengthy and it took roughly 2 months.

Interview Questions

• Had a business case on creating a strategy for a specific industry.   Answer Question

Negotiation

There wasn't much of a negotiation, I told the Managing Director what I was looking for and they offered that amount. Offer was comparable to two other firms I was interviewing with as well.

Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through other source. The process took a dayinterviewed at Accenture (Washington, DC).

Interview

DETAILED HR phone screen lasting 60 minutes -- be prepared! If HR phone screen isn't well received, interview process ends there. If screen is successful, will typically have one or two skills interviews (tough - they are well prepared and know how to dig into details to learn one's skills. Don't lie - be honest). If skills interview succeeds, will move on to confirming interviews, typically one person but often two. Hiring manager will typically be the last person with whom interviewee will speak. HR will follow-up with offer or decline of offer.

Interview Questions

• As mentioned above, skills interviews will be very thorough. DO NOT try to mis-represent one's skills, be as honest as possible. Interviewer will dig down very deeply to get to the essence of what one has done/knows. They are good at this so be prepared and be honest.   Answer Question

Negotiation

HR dug deeply at initial phone screen to learn asking salary, etc. In my case, I asked for a signing bonus and also an increase in salary over what was offered (I received both) but keep in mind that this was over 10 years ago and this may not be the case today. In addition I had experience and relationships in an area of business in which the company was interested.

Management Consultant Development Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Accenture (Washington, DC) in January 2014.

Interview

I was referred by an Accenture employee. I was a contacted by HR to set up a preliminary interview, basically screening. Next were two over the phone case interviews. Last was an in office interview which was a presentation, a case interview and last confirming/behavioral interview. The whole process took about three weeks.

Interview Questions

• Case Interviews, can't compare to a McKinsey, more broad not so detailed specific.   Answer Question

Negotiation

N/a