Accenture

Relevance Date Difficulty

Cyber Consultant Interview

Cyber Consultant
Arlington, VA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Accenture in July 2013.

Interview Details – Accenture has 5 portions of the interview process. First step was a call from a general HR member. Discussed portions of the resume, why you are thinking of leaving your current position. Second was a behavioral based on the STAR process. Phone interview lasted 30 minutes with one individual. Third step was a conversation with a manager in the department discussing what the job would be, how you would fit in.

Interview Questions

• Basic information to describe how you picked undergrad school, how you choose undergrad school, how you choose grad school, and how you enjoy living in your current area.   Answer Question
  • Tell them about a recent situation you had to work long and very hard. What were the end results.   Answer Question
  • Describe recent event that you disagreed with someone above you. How did you act and was it resolved.   Answer Question

Resource Management Analyst (PMO Analyst) Interview

Resource Management Analyst (PMO Analyst)
Arlington, VA

I applied through college or university and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Accenture in June 2013.

Interview Details – 1st Interview - Basic Phone Screening with a accenture recruiter. recruiter then works with you to match you with a pirticular position.
2nd interview- 60-90min phone interview with your boss on the project. mostly basic behavorial questions and a few situational questions that are easy. depends on your interviewer.
3rd interview- In person interview with the project manager. this interview it difficult because it is just a 30min conversation to get to know you. no questions about your resume will be asked. just sit down and have a conversation. be prepared to be able to carry on a conversation well.

Interview Question – Mostly Behavioral Questions throughout the interview process.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – non-negotiable.

Entry Level Consultant Interview

Entry Level Consultant
Arlington, VA

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Accenture in June 2013.

Interview Details – Phone screen first, very short about 10 mins
Got second behavioral phone interview very soon consist four common questions such as team work, teammate experience, project management skill etc with in depth follow up question, this one took about 40-60 mins
Then scheduled a on site from 10:30 am-2 pm
The on site was very relaxed, was given a presentation first about the company and everything followed by two management 1:1 interview. Honestly, this on site interview was really easy compare to the second interview. The two interview manager was very nice and the conversation was super relaxed! Basically we talked about fun stuff through out the whole time with only 1 or 2 simple questions I have answered during second interview.
Overall experience was good, but since I applied on line so it took a while I guess if you apply through campus recruiting will be much faster.
New facility! Looks great!

Interview Question – All difficult questions were during second interview because they asked in much detailed   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Took the offer right away

Systems Integration Consultant Interview

Systems Integration Consultant
Washington, DC

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Accenture.

Interview Details – On campus interview process in undergrad. One screening interview of 15 minutes via phone, one on campus call back with behavioral questions, on-site interview day with presentations and two interviews with senior executives (behavioral questions and general conversation)

Interview Questions

Intern Interview

Intern
Washington, DC

I applied through college or university and the process took 4 months - interviewed at Accenture in February 2013.

Interview Details – Originally Applied online and then met at career fair. I then recieved an interview the next day. Had the first interview, seemed to go great received a few emails and then did not hear anything for 1.5 months. Receive a phone call then, Have 3 more phone interviews, informed that "I would receive a verbal offer" 9 days before the position began. Received the verbal offer, then a few days later received the official offer via email.

Interview Question – Mostly behavioral questions. Everything went very smooth. Some questions included simple technical skills questions but not many. Most focussed on drive, dedication to the learning process, and willingness to work, multitask, and overwork. Many questions concerned activities and extracurricular things outside of the classroom.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Informed of the salary and the position, given the offer.

Entry Level Tech Consulting Analyst Interview

Entry Level Tech Consulting Analyst
Arlington, VA

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Accenture in April 2013.

Interview Details – The first round was a simple screening interview. Just basically me walking through my resume. 2nd interview was long one hour to be exact. Its a situational interview where i was asked about 4 "tell me about a time when" questions. It wasn't that hard to me but just be sure to be able to elaborate on any experience that you've had thats job related. They will ask many sub questions about your experience like "why did you do that?", "how did you feel?", "were you successful? ", etc. 3Rd interview is the last and final which is an in person interview. They have you sit in a 2 hour presentation about accenture.then you have two back to back 45minute interview with two senior managers.

Interview Question – Have i ever had to do a project independent study or by myself?   View Answer

Systems Integration Consultant Interview

Systems Integration Consultant
Washington, DC

I applied through college or university and the process took 3+ weeks - interviewed at Accenture.

Interview Details – Met Accenture at a Career Fair (was looking for them all over and found ten or so minutes before the career fair would end for the day), got an onsight 1st interview for the next day.
            - This will be a screening to get to know you, your attitude, resume, working with teams, and Why Accenture (crucial question for all three steps)
After one business week I was told I would be moved to the second round. This round was long (1 hour exactly and I was only able to ask one questions because it seemed as if after the one hour the interviewer had other commitments). This interview is completely behavioral so have atleast 3 stories memorized that you can talk about IN DETAIL in regards to team work and how YOU handled things; even though they dont instruct this way but STAR method is best.
Questions were?
- Name a time you were a part of a project or something for an extended amount of time (perhaps a project you were apart of from start to finish
- Tell me about a time you depended one somebody for information (or in general) and they didnt come through
- Name a time where you had a lot of information and how did you handle it

I spent atleast 15 minutes on each question so i can minimize the amount of questions interviewer would ask because more and more questions can get repititive
So we ended with the why Accenture (this was also indirectly asked in the very beginning as well) + one question I asked and the hour was over

3 busniess days later I was informed I would be moving to the 3rd round a week later (all expense trip to DC location)

Started with the 1.5-2 hour presentation from 4 current analyst (very nice very laid back)

Then the interview part; first with manager, then with senior manager (have ALOT of questions prepared, ALOT)

First interview:
Asked 2 typical behavioral questions (something like general team work skills, and the wierd questions of name a time things went down South; I was completely in a blank...after all you are trying to impress them...right?)
My key in this interview was that I kept asking more and more and more questions about the managers experience and about Accenture to steer away from traditional annoying behavioral questions
....oh yea and WHY ACCENTURE??? (and are you ok with traveling)

Second interview: (was alot more formal and frightening)
Asked like 5 behavioral questions
- Had conflict with co-worker
-Unexpected problem and how did you solve
- A couple others
- Why Accenture
- Ok with traveling?
- Location

tried to ask same amount of questions but because this interview was so much more formal then the previous one I felt like a panicked a bit

....I thought i blew the interview so much...but I got an offer 5 business days later (All praise is to God)

Hope this helps
Be confident but not arrogant
Know your stories and the company
Be proactive

Interview Question – Name a time you were on a project and things went completely South   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Salary: Great
Relocation bonus: Not so good, but being out of college leaved little room for complaining and lots for being thankful

Very Easy Interview

Systems Integration Consultant Analyst Interview

Systems Integration Consultant Analyst
Arlington, VA

I applied online and the process took 4 months - interviewed at Accenture in March 2013.

Interview Details – I applied online for an entry level Management consulting position. I have an MBA and three years of finance experience. An HR rep contacted me approximately 3 weeks later asking if I would be interested in a position in Systems Integration despite the fact that I have no technology background. I responded, "Yes of course, I can learn anything I put my mind to." True statement.

1st Interview:
A week later, I was contacted by HR for a phone screening; you go over your resume, etc. They are just trying to make sure you are who you say you are.

2nd Interview:
About 5 days later I had a 30-45 min phone interview with Senior Exec. I found that this was very scripted and really easy if you prepare. RESEARCH the person that is interviewing you! Make a personal connection, build rapport, find commonalities... they will like you and remember you. From my experience, this will be your (only) time to sell yourself and brag about your accomplishments. Review the questions on Glassdoor that are already listed. Each question I was given was on this site.

3rd Interview:
Finally, 4 months after my initial HR screening, Accenture flew me to DC and put me in a hotel. The final round started at 8:30am and there were about 15 other candidates in my group. We stared with a 1 hr. presentation with consultants (very laid back), followed by two 1hr back-to-back interviews with manager/sr. exec. To be honest, the last two interviews completely caught me off-guard; these interviews are simply a conversation, I was hardly asked anything. The first guy didn’t know my background or anything about me. Compared to previous interviews, I was not impressed in the slightest. I left feeling disappointed that I wasn't "drilled" as hard as I would have liked; difficult questions give you your time to shine!
So again, do your RESEARCH. Come prepared with many (intelligent) questions to ask, know what the senior exec's do on a daily basis, even look into which specific projects they are currently working on, they will be impressed! Just simply be able to hold a meaningful conversation. LISTEN to them and be able to provide thoughtful, clever, and quick feedback. Shoot, stroke their egos… all you have to do is get them to like you! They are only testing your interpersonal and communication skills.

Review:
After the final interview I flew home the same day (Thursday), emailed my recruiter to thank her, and asked when I would hear back. I was told either Friday or Monday. So I waited, waited, sent another email on Wednesday (I had another offer pending) and then finally was contacted on Thursday with the news that Accenture would not be able to hire me due to my LACK of TECHNICAL experience. Irritating? Very much so. The fact that I took time from my current job and studies to curtail to this unorganized interview process and fly to DC for such a response, or lack there of. Thankfully I had already accepted the other position before I received Accenture’s call.

So kids, there is my story, good luck! Accenture is a very good company to work for, just not for me or for my career path. Remember: research, study, and listen. If Accenture has come to you, your career/school accomplishments have already spoken for themselves; the goal now is to get them to like you!

Interview Question – Tell me about a time....

All teamwork and leadership based questions.
  Answer Question

Financial Analyst Interview

Financial Analyst
Washington, DC

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Accenture in May 2012.

Interview Details – I was referred by a friend instead of the traditional route. I had a screening with the recruiter lead of the project, then a skill interview with a manager, and then a closing interview with the senior project manager.

Negotiation Details – Entry level salary is not negotiable

Entry Level Technology Consulting Analyst Interview

Entry Level Technology Consulting Analyst
Arlington, VA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Accenture in January 2013.

Interview Details – Series of phone interviews and a final set of on-site interviews. Very formal and straight forward interviews. Contacted and informed of each step of the process by recruiter. Interview questions and types of interviews explained in detail over the phone.

On-Site interview was conducted with a number of other candidates for other positions. Information section and then break off into separate interviews with Accenture employees. The Accenture employees were able to give a more personal interview as apposed to an HR interview.

Beautiful facilities with a great atmosphere. Great for entry level job seekers.

Interview Question – Questions were given in advance. Questions were not difficult. Most importantly they want to see my desire to grow and develop the company with my own innovation.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – My spouse excepted a job in another state and I needed to continue to make the salary I was making. Salary offered was less than I make currently but with a lot of room to grow. Step backward to step forward.