Accenture

2.8

127 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Entry Level Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington, VA

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Accenture in June 2013.

Phone screen first, very short about 10 mins
    Got second behavioral phone interview very soon consist four common questions such as team work, teammate experience, project management skill etc with in depth follow up question, this one took about 40-60 mins
    Then scheduled a on site from 10:30 am-2 pm
    The on site was very relaxed, was given a presentation first about the company and everything followed by two management 1:1 interview. Honestly, this on site interview was really easy compare to the second interview. The two interview manager was very nice and the conversation was super relaxed! Basically we talked about fun stuff through out the whole time with only 1 or 2 simple questions I have answered during second interview.
    Overall experience was good, but since I applied on line so it took a while I guess if you apply through campus recruiting will be much faster.
    New facility! Looks great!

Interview Questions
    • All difficult questions were during second interview because they asked in much detailed   Answer Question
    Took the offer right away

Systems Integration Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ weeksinterviewed at Accenture.

Met Accenture at a Career Fair (was looking for them all over and found ten or so minutes before the career fair would end for the day), got an onsight 1st interview for the next day.
                - This will be a screening to get to know you, your attitude, resume, working with teams, and Why Accenture (crucial question for all three steps)
    After one business week I was told I would be moved to the second round. This round was long (1 hour exactly and I was only able to ask one questions because it seemed as if after the one hour the interviewer had other commitments). This interview is completely behavioral so have atleast 3 stories memorized that you can talk about IN DETAIL in regards to team work and how YOU handled things; even though they dont instruct this way but STAR method is best.
    Questions were?
    - Name a time you were a part of a project or something for an extended amount of time (perhaps a project you were apart of from start to finish
    - Tell me about a time you depended one somebody for information (or in general) and they didnt come through
    - Name a time where you had a lot of information and how did you handle it

I spent atleast 15 minutes on each question so i can minimize the amount of questions interviewer would ask because more and more questions can get repititive
    So we ended with the why Accenture (this was also indirectly asked in the very beginning as well) + one question I asked and the hour was over

3 busniess days later I was informed I would be moving to the 3rd round a week later (all expense trip to DC location)

Started with the 1.5-2 hour presentation from 4 current analyst (very nice very laid back)

Then the interview part; first with manager, then with senior manager (have ALOT of questions prepared, ALOT)

First interview:
    Asked 2 typical behavioral questions (something like general team work skills, and the wierd questions of name a time things went down South; I was completely in a blank...after all you are trying to impress them...right?)
    My key in this interview was that I kept asking more and more and more questions about the managers experience and about Accenture to steer away from traditional annoying behavioral questions
    ....oh yea and WHY ACCENTURE??? (and are you ok with traveling)

Second interview: (was alot more formal and frightening)
    Asked like 5 behavioral questions
    - Had conflict with co-worker
    -Unexpected problem and how did you solve
    - A couple others
    - Why Accenture
    - Ok with traveling?
    - Location

tried to ask same amount of questions but because this interview was so much more formal then the previous one I felt like a panicked a bit

....I thought i blew the interview so much...but I got an offer 5 business days later (All praise is to God)

Hope this helps
    Be confident but not arrogant
    Know your stories and the company
    Be proactive

Interview Questions
    • Name a time you were on a project and things went completely South   Answer Question
    Salary: Great
    Relocation bonus: Not so good, but being out of college leaved little room for complaining and lots for being thankful

Systems Integration Consulting Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington, VA

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Accenture in April 2013.

First Round - Straight forward phone interview. Asked to discuss my resume.
    Second Round - Behavioral interview with a manager via phone. Very long, but easy.
    Third Round - Site Visit. Easy. Very informal and unorganized.

Interview Questions

I received an offer the same day that I interviewed. Accenture very much wanted me to start less than 2 weeks from my offer date - they even offered me a substantial bonus to do so. I found this to be very unprofessional because I couldn't give my current company two weeks notice. I also felt very pressured by this. After agreeing on a later start date, I asked for some additional time to make a decision because I had another, competitive offer. The response from Accenture was no. Their lack of flexibility and understanding in how big of a decision this was kind of the straw that broke the camel's back. I felt very pressured to say yes, and I also wonder - why is Accenture ALWAYS hiring? Lots of turnover which makes me think it's not the most enjoyable job. I said no and I am very glad that I did.

Entry Level Tech Consulting Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington, VA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Accenture in April 2013.

The first round was a simple screening interview. Just basically me walking through my resume. 2nd interview was long one hour to be exact. Its a situational interview where i was asked about 4 "tell me about a time when" questions. It wasn't that hard to me but just be sure to be able to elaborate on any experience that you've had thats job related. They will ask many sub questions about your experience like "why did you do that?", "how did you feel?", "were you successful? ", etc. 3Rd interview is the last and final which is an in person interview. They have you sit in a 2 hour presentation about accenture.then you have two back to back 45minute interview with two senior managers.

Interview Questions
    • Have i ever had to do a project independent study or by myself?   View Answer

Associate Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Accenture in April 2013.

The whole process was very fast and professional. In total, from when I applied and got interviewed and feedback was about 2 weeks.

They give you a 40 question aptitude test to do after like an hour long phone interview. And then they bring you on-site if you pass to do a 1:1 interview for technical skills and also behavioral

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time when you had a less than cooperative team member and what did you do about it? what was the result?   View Answer

Systems Integration Consultant Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington, VA

I applied online. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at Accenture in March 2013.

I applied online for an entry level Management consulting position. I have an MBA and three years of finance experience. An HR rep contacted me approximately 3 weeks later asking if I would be interested in a position in Systems Integration despite the fact that I have no technology background. I responded, "Yes of course, I can learn anything I put my mind to." True statement.

1st Interview:
    A week later, I was contacted by HR for a phone screening; you go over your resume, etc. They are just trying to make sure you are who you say you are.

2nd Interview:
    About 5 days later I had a 30-45 min phone interview with Senior Exec. I found that this was very scripted and really easy if you prepare. RESEARCH the person that is interviewing you! Make a personal connection, build rapport, find commonalities... they will like you and remember you. From my experience, this will be your (only) time to sell yourself and brag about your accomplishments. Review the questions on Glassdoor that are already listed. Each question I was given was on this site.

3rd Interview:
    Finally, 4 months after my initial HR screening, Accenture flew me to DC and put me in a hotel. The final round started at 8:30am and there were about 15 other candidates in my group. We stared with a 1 hr. presentation with consultants (very laid back), followed by two 1hr back-to-back interviews with manager/sr. exec. To be honest, the last two interviews completely caught me off-guard; these interviews are simply a conversation, I was hardly asked anything. The first guy didn’t know my background or anything about me. Compared to previous interviews, I was not impressed in the slightest. I left feeling disappointed that I wasn't "drilled" as hard as I would have liked; difficult questions give you your time to shine!
    So again, do your RESEARCH. Come prepared with many (intelligent) questions to ask, know what the senior exec's do on a daily basis, even look into which specific projects they are currently working on, they will be impressed! Just simply be able to hold a meaningful conversation. LISTEN to them and be able to provide thoughtful, clever, and quick feedback. Shoot, stroke their egos… all you have to do is get them to like you! They are only testing your interpersonal and communication skills.

Review:
    After the final interview I flew home the same day (Thursday), emailed my recruiter to thank her, and asked when I would hear back. I was told either Friday or Monday. So I waited, waited, sent another email on Wednesday (I had another offer pending) and then finally was contacted on Thursday with the news that Accenture would not be able to hire me due to my LACK of TECHNICAL experience. Irritating? Very much so. The fact that I took time from my current job and studies to curtail to this unorganized interview process and fly to DC for such a response, or lack there of. Thankfully I had already accepted the other position before I received Accenture’s call.

So kids, there is my story, good luck! Accenture is a very good company to work for, just not for me or for my career path. Remember: research, study, and listen. If Accenture has come to you, your career/school accomplishments have already spoken for themselves; the goal now is to get them to like you!

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time....

All teamwork and leadership based questions.

Answer Question

Associate Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington, VA

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Accenture in March 2013.

Submitted resume on a whim at 1am and got an email back at 9am of the same day. Scheduled a telephone interview the next day. It was mainly to assess if you were qualified. Took an aptitude test that weekend and received a passing score. Very easy 40 questions on coding, math, patterns, logic. You have an hour which is more than enough if you don't spend too much time reading the questions. Cut down on reading time by assuming basic coding structures work the same way as in real life i.e. arrays start at 0 index, etc. Note: Pass rate must be low because another interviewer mentioned he only completed about half the questions. However he was not extended an offer after the final interview round.

Interviews scheduled that same week. Background check is started before your in person interview. One hour presentation followed by 1 technical and 1 hr interview. Honestly the easiest interviews I've ever had applying anywhere, but largely dependent on the interviewer you receive. Prepare specific scenarios where you've demonstrated problem solving skills as an individual and as a team member. We had a group of about 8-10 and half started tech and the other half did hr at the same time so there was little down time. Received a verbal offer the very next day. I don't know if it was because my group seemed under qualified. It seemed most of them came from schools which lacked proper accreditation (University of Phoenix type) and they majored in IT with a little programming knowledge.

Interview Questions
    • Technical questions were very basic. If you don't know fundamentals then you're screwed before you even get interviewed. HR questions were all name a specific situation where you had xyz problem and steps to resolve. i.e. Name a time when you had to make a group decision and what was the outcome. How did you reach the outcome as a group and how did you contribute individually.   View Answer

Had another offer from another consulting firm...about 10k difference.

Technical Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington, VA

I first applied online and was contacted about 1 to 2 weeks later. The HR person who was assigned to help me through with the hiring process is super nice and friendly. The hiring process like most of the people have stated is a 3 round interview. 2 on the phone and 1 on site. The first interview on the phone is to just bring your resume to life it was brief about 20 minutes. The second interview was a behavioral one. Usually it takes 45 minutes but I finished mine in 20 minutes. The third interview (which I havent had yet) is in person.

Interview Questions
    • Give me a situation when you had to manage a lot of things and how did you go about in doing it and what was the result   Answer Question

Systems Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Reston, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Reston, VA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Accenture.

Very consistent interview process. Round 1 was an HR Phone Screen - 10 minute brief on company. Round 2 was a Behaviorial Interview lasting approximately 45 minutes. Also had a separate case study interview - 1 case study (only applicants to MC/Strategy receive this segment of the interview).

Round 3 was an on-site Superday consisting of learning about the company, meeting other recruits and having 2 separate interviews with Senior Management Team Memers

Interview Questions
    • I was unprepared for the case study question asked in Round 2   Answer Question
    I attempted to negotiate location but was refused quickly.

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington, VA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Accenture in February 2013.

First round was a short call with HR. Second interview was with the hiring manager, basically the technical interview. The third round was suppose to be behavioral questions but it felt more like a meet and greet.

Interview Questions
    • What was difficult work decision you've made in the past 3 months?   Answer Question