Accenture Interview Questions in Washington, DC

Updated Jul 26, 2015

2.8

Systems Integration Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Accenture (Washington, DC) in October 2013.

Interview

First interview was on campus about 30 minutes. Mostly a get to know you type interview with questions like What do you do in your free time when you aren't studying or in class? What are your hobbies? It was very laid back. Mostly to see if you're somebody they would want to hang out with and to see if they could put you in front of a client. Called back later the same day for a second round interview the next day. Second interview was all behavioral, no cases. Standard behavioral questions such as Tell me about the most significant project you've worked on? Tell me about a time you had a conflict with a coworker? Why consulting/Accenture? Have a story prepared for all sorts of these questions, use the STAR method and you'll be fine. A few days later they called with an invitation to onsite interviews. Onsite interview consisted of a presentation from some current analysts and consultants. This was about an hour and a half. They will answer tons of questions and are a valuable resource to understand the company. Next there are two interviews. One with a Senior Manager and one with a Manager. My first one was with a Senior Manager and it was mostly more behavioral questions. However, this time they answered a lot of follow up questions and wanted more detail to answers so be prepared for that. The second interview was with a manager and was extremely casual and short. Questions were more along the lines of What's your biggest concern with Accenture? Are you okay with traveling? Basically if you make it to the third round the job is yours to lose. Just be yourself, smile, and be confident. Received a final job offer about two weeks later.

Interview Questions

• What was the most significant project you've worked on?   Answer Question

Negotiation

The offer seemed to be firm which is fine because the salary was for a lot more than I was expecting.

Systems Integration Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Accenture (Washington, DC) in October 2013.

Interview

I applied through university career website. There were three rounds of interviews. First two rounds are on campus. Rounds 2 and 3 are behavioral. First round is a review of your resume and is very conversational. Second round consists of 3-4 questions. Questions center around four topics (Teamwork, Conflict Resolution, Time Management, Problem Solving). Third round is on-site in which you sit through a hour presentation then proceed to two interviews by higher level management. Those interviews are similar to the second round. I received a call for the offer from the recruiter about 3 weeks later.

Interview Questions

• Nothing too difficult. Was a little caught off by a question about how I would describe day one of the job.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I did not negotiate because the salary was very competitive.

SI Analyst Interview

Application

Interview

The interview process was pretty standard. It wasn't that bad. I was recruited at a career fair at my university in Sept. First, I had an on-campus interview at our career center. It was basically a resume review session. Then I was called back for a phone interview which was about an hour and a half. These were more behavioral questions, like "tell me about a time when...". Finally, I was called for an on-site interview in DC, which is really just a confirmation that you're a good fit personality-wise. (If you get called to the 3rd interview, you pretty much got the job). They offered me the position in November.

Interview Questions

• Basic behavioral questions.. Google some for practice.   Answer Question

Technology Consulting Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Accenture (Washington, DC) in August 2013.

Interview

I had 3 interviews overall, the first 2 interviews were over the phone and the last interview was on site with 2 senior managers. The company pays for the flight ticket and hotel for the last round of interviews if you are not local. The whole interview process took around 2 months.

Functional Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Accenture (Washington, DC) in August 2013.

Interview

3 total parts 1 - initial phone screen with HR rep. 2 - phone interview with actual project lead (about a week after phone screen) 3 - in person interview with director of project (about a week after phone interview) Everyone was very helpful and the process was not difficult. It was one of the easier interviews I had been through, but that may be because I was not being hired for a management consultant role and was an experienced hire rather than a recent grad they that they may scrutinize more.

Interview Questions

• What experience do you have with SDLC? How do you handle problems in the workplace/with colleagues? Biggest weakness/strengths? What are some projects you've worked on in the past? Where do you see yourself in 5 years? Why do you want to work at Accenture? Why are you leaving your previous employer? Run through your resume for me.   1 Answer

Cyber Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Arlington, VA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Accenture (Arlington, VA) in July 2013.

Interview

Accenture has 5 portions of the interview process. First step was a call from a general HR member. Discussed portions of the resume, why you are thinking of leaving your current position. Second was a behavioral based on the STAR process. Phone interview lasted 30 minutes with one individual. Third step was a conversation with a manager in the department discussing what the job would be, how you would fit in.

Interview Questions

• Basic information to describe how you picked undergrad school, how you choose undergrad school, how you choose grad school, and how you enjoy living in your current area.   Answer Question
    • Tell them about a recent situation you had to work long and very hard. What were the end results.   Answer Question
    • Describe recent event that you disagreed with someone above you. How did you act and was it resolved.   Answer Question

Systems Integration Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Accenture (Washington, DC).

Interview

On campus interview process in undergrad. One screening interview of 15 minutes via phone, one on campus call back with behavioral questions, on-site interview day with presentations and two interviews with senior executives (behavioral questions and general conversation)

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time when you had a group project and things did not go well. What did you do?   Answer Question

Resource Management Analyst (PMO Analyst) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington, VA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Accenture (Arlington, VA) in June 2013.

Interview

1st Interview - Basic Phone Screening with a accenture recruiter. recruiter then works with you to match you with a pirticular position. 2nd interview- 60-90min phone interview with your boss on the project. mostly basic behavorial questions and a few situational questions that are easy. depends on your interviewer. 3rd interview- In person interview with the project manager. this interview it difficult because it is just a 30min conversation to get to know you. no questions about your resume will be asked. just sit down and have a conversation. be prepared to be able to carry on a conversation well.

Interview Questions

• Mostly Behavioral Questions throughout the interview process.   Answer Question

Negotiation

non-negotiable.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Accenture (Washington, DC) in June 2013.

Interview

Phone Interview - Allows the recruiter to get to know you In-Person interview - 1 technical with java based questions and 1 functional with team oriented questions. Need to be ready to understand object oriented programming and fundamentals such as objects, classes, methods, constructors, ect. Also need to e able to answer questions based on teamwork, leadership and challenges.

Interview Questions

• Describe how you worked within a team to overcome a major obstacle?   Answer Question

Entry Level Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Accenture (Arlington, VA) in June 2013.

Interview

Phone screen first, very short about 10 mins Got second behavioral phone interview very soon consist four common questions such as team work, teammate experience, project management skill etc with in depth follow up question, this one took about 40-60 mins Then scheduled a on site from 10:30 am-2 pm The on site was very relaxed, was given a presentation first about the company and everything followed by two management 1:1 interview. Honestly, this on site interview was really easy compare to the second interview. The two interview manager was very nice and the conversation was super relaxed! Basically we talked about fun stuff through out the whole time with only 1 or 2 simple questions I have answered during second interview. Overall experience was good, but since I applied on line so it took a while I guess if you apply through campus recruiting will be much faster. New facility! Looks great!

Interview Questions

• All difficult questions were during second interview because they asked in much detailed   Answer Question

Negotiation

Took the offer right away