Accenture Interview Questions in Washington, DC

Updated Jun 18, 2015

2.8

Functional Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Accenture (Washington, DC) in August 2013.

Interview

3 total parts

1 - initial phone screen with HR rep.

2 - phone interview with actual project lead (about a week after phone screen)

3 - in person interview with director of project (about a week after phone interview)

Everyone was very helpful and the process was not difficult. It was one of the easier interviews I had been through, but that may be because I was not being hired for a management consultant role and was an experienced hire rather than a recent grad they that they may scrutinize more.

Interview Questions

• What experience do you have with SDLC?

How do you handle problems in the workplace/with colleagues?

Biggest weakness/strengths?

What are some projects you've worked on in the past?

Where do you see yourself in 5 years?

Why do you want to work at Accenture?

Why are you leaving your previous employer?

Run through your resume for me.

1 Answer

Cyber Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Arlington, VA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Accenture (Arlington, VA) in July 2013.

Interview

Accenture has 5 portions of the interview process. First step was a call from a general HR member. Discussed portions of the resume, why you are thinking of leaving your current position. Second was a behavioral based on the STAR process. Phone interview lasted 30 minutes with one individual. Third step was a conversation with a manager in the department discussing what the job would be, how you would fit in.

Interview Questions

• Basic information to describe how you picked undergrad school, how you choose undergrad school, how you choose grad school, and how you enjoy living in your current area.   Answer Question
    • Tell them about a recent situation you had to work long and very hard. What were the end results.   Answer Question
    • Describe recent event that you disagreed with someone above you. How did you act and was it resolved.   Answer Question

Systems Integration Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Accenture (Washington, DC).

Interview

On campus interview process in undergrad. One screening interview of 15 minutes via phone, one on campus call back with behavioral questions, on-site interview day with presentations and two interviews with senior executives (behavioral questions and general conversation)

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time when you had a group project and things did not go well. What did you do?   Answer Question

Resource Management Analyst (PMO Analyst) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington, VA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Accenture (Arlington, VA) in June 2013.

Interview

1st Interview - Basic Phone Screening with a accenture recruiter. recruiter then works with you to match you with a pirticular position.
    2nd interview- 60-90min phone interview with your boss on the project. mostly basic behavorial questions and a few situational questions that are easy. depends on your interviewer.
    3rd interview- In person interview with the project manager. this interview it difficult because it is just a 30min conversation to get to know you. no questions about your resume will be asked. just sit down and have a conversation. be prepared to be able to carry on a conversation well.

Interview Questions

• Mostly Behavioral Questions throughout the interview process.   Answer Question

Negotiation

non-negotiable.

Entry Level Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Accenture (Arlington, VA) in June 2013.

Interview

Phone screen first, very short about 10 mins
    Got second behavioral phone interview very soon consist four common questions such as team work, teammate experience, project management skill etc with in depth follow up question, this one took about 40-60 mins
    Then scheduled a on site from 10:30 am-2 pm
    The on site was very relaxed, was given a presentation first about the company and everything followed by two management 1:1 interview. Honestly, this on site interview was really easy compare to the second interview. The two interview manager was very nice and the conversation was super relaxed! Basically we talked about fun stuff through out the whole time with only 1 or 2 simple questions I have answered during second interview.
    Overall experience was good, but since I applied on line so it took a while I guess if you apply through campus recruiting will be much faster.
    New facility! Looks great!

Interview Questions

• All difficult questions were during second interview because they asked in much detailed   Answer Question

Negotiation

Took the offer right away

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Accenture (Washington, DC) in June 2013.

Interview

Phone Interview - Allows the recruiter to get to know you
    In-Person interview - 1 technical with java based questions and 1 functional with team oriented questions. Need to be ready to understand object oriented programming and fundamentals such as objects, classes, methods, constructors, ect. Also need to e able to answer questions based on teamwork, leadership and challenges.

Interview Questions

• Describe how you worked within a team to overcome a major obstacle?   Answer Question

Systems Integration Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ weeksinterviewed at Accenture (Washington, DC).

Interview

Met Accenture at a Career Fair (was looking for them all over and found ten or so minutes before the career fair would end for the day), got an onsight 1st interview for the next day.
                - This will be a screening to get to know you, your attitude, resume, working with teams, and Why Accenture (crucial question for all three steps)
    After one business week I was told I would be moved to the second round. This round was long (1 hour exactly and I was only able to ask one questions because it seemed as if after the one hour the interviewer had other commitments). This interview is completely behavioral so have atleast 3 stories memorized that you can talk about IN DETAIL in regards to team work and how YOU handled things; even though they dont instruct this way but STAR method is best.
    Questions were?
    - Name a time you were a part of a project or something for an extended amount of time (perhaps a project you were apart of from start to finish
    - Tell me about a time you depended one somebody for information (or in general) and they didnt come through
    - Name a time where you had a lot of information and how did you handle it

I spent atleast 15 minutes on each question so i can minimize the amount of questions interviewer would ask because more and more questions can get repititive
    So we ended with the why Accenture (this was also indirectly asked in the very beginning as well) + one question I asked and the hour was over

3 busniess days later I was informed I would be moving to the 3rd round a week later (all expense trip to DC location)

Started with the 1.5-2 hour presentation from 4 current analyst (very nice very laid back)

Then the interview part; first with manager, then with senior manager (have ALOT of questions prepared, ALOT)

First interview:
    Asked 2 typical behavioral questions (something like general team work skills, and the wierd questions of name a time things went down South; I was completely in a blank...after all you are trying to impress them...right?)
    My key in this interview was that I kept asking more and more and more questions about the managers experience and about Accenture to steer away from traditional annoying behavioral questions
    ....oh yea and WHY ACCENTURE??? (and are you ok with traveling)

Second interview: (was alot more formal and frightening)
    Asked like 5 behavioral questions
    - Had conflict with co-worker
    -Unexpected problem and how did you solve
    - A couple others
    - Why Accenture
    - Ok with traveling?
    - Location

tried to ask same amount of questions but because this interview was so much more formal then the previous one I felt like a panicked a bit

....I thought i blew the interview so much...but I got an offer 5 business days later (All praise is to God)

Hope this helps
    Be confident but not arrogant
    Know your stories and the company
    Be proactive

Interview Questions

• Name a time you were on a project and things went completely South   Answer Question

Negotiation

Salary: Great
    Relocation bonus: Not so good, but being out of college leaved little room for complaining and lots for being thankful

Systems Integration Consulting Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Arlington, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Accenture (Arlington, VA) in April 2013.

Interview

First Round - Straight forward phone interview. Asked to discuss my resume.
    Second Round - Behavioral interview with a manager via phone. Very long, but easy.
    Third Round - Site Visit. Easy. Very informal and unorganized.

Interview Questions

I received an offer the same day that I interviewed. Accenture very much wanted me to start less than 2 weeks from my offer date - they even offered me a substantial bonus to do so. I found this to be very unprofessional because I couldn't give my current company two weeks notice. I also felt very pressured by this. After agreeing on a later start date, I asked for some additional time to make a decision because I had another, competitive offer. The response from Accenture was no. Their lack of flexibility and understanding in how big of a decision this was kind of the straw that broke the camel's back. I felt very pressured to say yes, and I also wonder - why is Accenture ALWAYS hiring? Lots of turnover which makes me think it's not the most enjoyable job. I said no and I am very glad that I did.

Entry Level Tech Consulting Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Arlington, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Accenture (Arlington, VA) in April 2013.

Interview

The first round was a simple screening interview. Just basically me walking through my resume. 2nd interview was long one hour to be exact. Its a situational interview where i was asked about 4 "tell me about a time when" questions. It wasn't that hard to me but just be sure to be able to elaborate on any experience that you've had thats job related. They will ask many sub questions about your experience like "why did you do that?", "how did you feel?", "were you successful? ", etc. 3Rd interview is the last and final which is an in person interview. They have you sit in a 2 hour presentation about accenture.then you have two back to back 45minute interview with two senior managers.

Interview Questions

• Have i ever had to do a project independent study or by myself?   1 Answer

Associate Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Accenture (Washington, DC) in April 2013.

Interview

The whole process was very fast and professional. In total, from when I applied and got interviewed and feedback was about 2 weeks.

They give you a 40 question aptitude test to do after like an hour long phone interview. And then they bring you on-site if you pass to do a 1:1 interview for technical skills and also behavioral

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had a less than cooperative team member and what did you do about it? what was the result?   1 Answer