Accenture Interview Questions in Washington, DC

Updated Apr 13, 2015
Updated Apr 13, 2015

2.8

Entry Level Technology Consulting Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Accenture (Arlington, VA) in January 2013.

Interview

Series of phone interviews and a final set of on-site interviews. Very formal and straight forward interviews. Contacted and informed of each step of the process by recruiter. Interview questions and types of interviews explained in detail over the phone.

On-Site interview was conducted with a number of other candidates for other positions. Information section and then break off into separate interviews with Accenture employees. The Accenture employees were able to give a more personal interview as apposed to an HR interview.

Beautiful facilities with a great atmosphere. Great for entry level job seekers.

Interview Questions

• Questions were given in advance. Questions were not difficult. Most importantly they want to see my desire to grow and develop the company with my own innovation.   Answer Question

My spouse excepted a job in another state and I needed to continue to make the salary I was making. Salary offered was less than I make currently but with a lot of room to grow. Step backward to step forward.

Client Financial Management Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Accenture (Washington, DC) in January 2013.

Interview

1. Contacted an employee in the company to refer me
    2. Recruiter called to ask which positions I wanted to apply for
    3. Another recruiter called to match my resume skills to the job description
    4. Hiring manager called and conducted a situational-based interview. The questions were simple i.e. Name a time you had to deal with a difficult classmate, have you ever been in a project with a tight deadline
    5. Flew to DC on my own dime to have a interview with an analyst, specialist, and manager in the duration of 3 hours.

Interview Questions

• You have $10 million dollars in expenses. You're halfway into a project and the profit margin decreases 5%. What are some managerial actions you would take to remedy the project?   Answer Question

Business & Systems Integration Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 7+ monthsinterviewed at Accenture (Washington, DC) in January 2013.

Interview

There was a 30 minute phone interview to talk about my background and what I know about Accenture. The second 60 minute phone interview was more situational, asking about how I acted in the work environment in specific situations. The third round was in person including a presentation about the company and two 45 minute interviews with managers who wanted to know more about my leadership skills and repeated some of the questions I was already asked.

Interview Questions

• Name a time when you had to work with a difficult coworker and how did you handle it.   Answer Question

Negotiation

There was no negotiation - take it or leave it policy for entry level.

Technology Consulting Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Accenture (Washington, DC).

Interview

Recruiting with Accenture was a relatively easy process. I really enjoyed the people I met and the company seems to invest a lot in its new hires. None of the interviews were too difficult -- the important thing is to know which type of consulting fits your personality/interests. The process for me:

Round 1 - 30-minute "screening" interview (on campus)
    Round 2 - 45-minute behavioral interview
    Round 3 - two 45-minute behavioral interviews

In the end, I simply had more exciting offers. I was invited to join their IT Strategy & Transformation group.

Interview Questions

• Explain a difficult situation you have faced working in teams.   Answer Question

Client Financial Management Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Accenture (Arlington, VA) in December 2012.

Interview

Contacted almost immediately after applying for the position. Spoke briefly with a general recruiter (that reviewed applications) who then assigned me to my "official" recruiter. My official recruiter contacted me via email and set up a phone interview with a specific employee. It was stated in the confirmation that it would be a behavioral interview. Behavioral interview was about 45 minutes long. Typical behavioral interview questions- nothing to be overly concerned about. Just be prepared for the usual. Recruiter contacted me again stating I had been selected for an in person interview in the Arlington office. My interview was scheduled for 1230 in Arlington. I was there from 1230-430. (Four 1 hour interviews) First interview- overview of the position. Second interview- starting to get into skills, review of the position. Third interview- some behavioral, skill questions. Fourth interview- Overview of everything stated, questions about experience, etc.

Interview Questions

• Do you have any experience with budgets and/ or forecasting?   Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Accenture (Arlington, VA) in December 2012.

Interview

3 interviews: situation interview; skills interview and executive interview. Very detailed however the interviewer made me feel so comfortable and that made the interview relaxing.

Interview Questions

• 3 part questions.. You should write down the key points that help me.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No..good offer

Technology Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Accenture (Washington, DC) in November 2012.

Interview

The process was based in four rounds of interviews:
    The first round was simple and focused in my resume. It took me like 25 min. of informal talked.
    The second was one of the harder interviewe that I ever had, I started to sweat with all behavioral questions, my interviewer was an ex-militar and an execiutive manager with 15 yrs of experience so for me was challenge, but if you stay calm and demonstrate security about yourself you will pass.
    after the second one they took me to an in-site visit on D.C. and after a short presentation of the benefits of the company, the third and four interviewe started.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a recent experience where you was need to ignore your boss to make the right decision.   Answer Question

Negotiation

no negotiation

Management Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Accenture (Washington, DC) in August 2012.

Interview

HR Screen, then behavioral interview with Manager, Situational Interview with Senior Manager, Business Case & Final Interview, 1:1 with Senior Executive

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Be very flexible because it's a great opportunity. There's a lot ability to move and around within the organization.

Technology Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Accenture (Arlington, VA).

Interview

Two phone interviews and one in person. The process for me was real fast and my two phone interviews were two days a part with the in person interview the following week. In the in person interview you get to talk to a senior consultant and 3 other analyst with at least a year experience in the company. The senior consultant conducts a presentation about the company and what they do. You then start the interview with 2 senior consultant.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

They don't negotiate

Systems Integration Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Accenture (Washington, DC) in July 2012.

Interview

Had a three round approach:

1st Round was a 15 minute phone conversation about Accenture. The lady didn't even ask about my resume. Asked if I had any questions and that was it

2nd Round was a 45 minute phone conversation with behavioral questions. I have a few years with management consutling experience, so it was a breeze. Just be prepared to discuss things on your resume.

3rd Round was an office visit at their new location in Northern Virginia (Ballston). Was a beautiful office. There were about 15 other interviewees that day. They had 5 consultants hanging around answering our questions and then we each met with partners for two 45 minute interviews. These interviews were a little more detailed. They asked resume specific questions and why I was interested in Accenture. One of their biggest questions was why I want to leave my current job. Lastly, we were served lunch and given a presentation about the company/benefits/etc. Was called the next day for an offer.

Negotiation

They would not negotiate. They said "We really put our best offer forward"
    My offer was $72K/yr with $4k signing bonus. I have a B.S. in Industrial Eng. and have two years of consulting experience.