Accenture Interview Questions in Washington, DC

Updated Mar 22, 2015
Updated Mar 22, 2015

2.9

Strategy Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Accenture (Washington, DC) in January 2014.

Interview

The interview process described in this post is for individuals applying to Accenture as a experienced hire.

First interview: This is a phone screen with the recruiter to discuss your qualification for the position. The recruiter will lightly go through your resume to ensure that you meet the qualifications for the position. Make sure that you know your resume well and that you can relate it back to the position you are applying too.

Second Interview: This is a Technical screen by a manager on your soon to be team. This person will be asking you about your technical background as it relates to the position. It is extremely important to be able to relate your experience back to the job description as well as be current on things occurring in that field. Use the STAR or PARADE (Victor Cheng) methodology to relate your experience. This style of answering questions is the preferred mechanism for relation information to Accenture managers. Also, Put together 3 to 5 examples of your work that you can refer back to when asked questions. You should know these scenarios like the back of your hand so you can deliver the information with ease to the interviewing manager. Answer all of the interviewing managers questions honestly and tell them when you haven't had experience in a certain area but you would love to grow your knowledge base. If your recruiter is amazing and you make it past the technical screen they will give you some tidbits on things you could approve upon before your next interview. Take this information to heart and Practice, Practice, Practice!!!

Third Interview: Consists of meeting with a Senior Manager. The senior manager will perform a behavioral interview which discusses your background in an indirect manner. The interviewer will ask you about your current project and the role you played on the team. They are looking too see if you were a leader and what type of activities you have completed. Be sure to really have an answer for the following questions: Tell me about yourself?, Reason for wanting to join Accenture?, What type of consulting work would you like to focus on? During this interview be honest with your short falls and make sure to play up the items in your career that you have shined on. Prepare several questions to ask your interviewer. Be sure to create questions that are interesting and dynamic which really sure your character.

Last Step in the process is circling back with the recruiter and receiving your offer letter. Make sure that you do some negotiation in this process. A good book to read in regards to this matter is called The Recruiting Snitch!

I hope this post helps future Accenture employees. I know without the information on this site I would not be able to prepare appropriately.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself?, Reason for wanting to join Accenture?, What type of consulting work would you like to focus on?   Answer Question

Business and Systems Integration Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Accenture (Washington, DC).

Interview

Phone interview followed by at least two rounds of interviews (cant remember if was two or three). Recruited through the university Career Fair. I was able to choose what location I wanted when I applied and actually got the location that I wanted as opposed to the DC office which is where they were mainly recruiting for.

Interview Questions

• Give me an example when you had an issue withing a team and what did YOU do to resolve it?   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negiotiations

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at Accenture (Washington, DC) in February 2015.

Interview

HR interview followed by two technical interviews. Each of them took 45min. Interviewers were pretty nice. We even told some jokes and laughed together. They asked me some of my experience on resume. The last interview was more of a behavioral one.
    Overall, I would get ready to explain your past jobs. The background check was quite exhaustive.

Android Developer Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Accenture (Washington, DC) in January 2015.

Interview

1) 1 hour phone interview with HR,
    2) 1 hour technical interview (phone),
    The technical guy just asked me broad technical questions about the technologies on my resume.
    3) 1 hour behavioral interview with manager (webcam). The final round interview was the 1 hour behavioral interview. Think STAR

Relatively easy. I didn't prepare for anything.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you.... (Star questions)
      Describe a time when you lead a group. Describe a time when you changed your team's or companies' policy.
      Android vs iOS. UI, Rest. Can you connect to rest. Basic broad questions trying about stuff I wrote down on my resume.

Answer Question

Associate Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Accenture (Washington, DC) in October 2014.

Interview

I applied through their website for the training program that they offer. Two months later i received an email telling me update my talent profile. After having updated my profile, I received a call from a recruiter telling me to about the position. She was extremely nice from the start. After having her explained she emailed me an aptitude test which I passed. The Aptitude test was about 50 questions and you had 1 hour to complete. I had some programming experience a few years ago. I don't come from a programming background but understood enough with the help of a friend to pass the test. I was not able to finish the exam but I still received an email for an in-person interview. For the aptitude test, you are only supposed to get over 40% correct. (I got much higher than that)

After the aptitude test I got scheduled to come in for the personal interview. I arrived early and got to meet with other candidates. We started talking and noticed that most of them didn't come from a programming background, so that made me feel better. Once they all gathered us to go into a meeting room, a senior member came and gave us a 50 minute information session. We had the chance to ask questions. They were very organized in the process. After almost 50 minutes, they started calling us for the interviews. Some had the technical interview first and others had the HR interview first. I did my technical interview first. It was fairly simple. The interviewer asked me about what was on my resume and some basic questions about programming. For example, one was what is a class? and another question was to explain what was Object Oriented Programming(OOP.) i told him I was learning the basics and certainly wanted to learn more. I gave him some elements of OOP such as Polymorphism and described what an object was.

After the Technical Interview, i had a 30 minute break and then was scheduled to take my HR interview. I took advantage of the time to prepare some questions and just study. I got called up for the HR interview and the lady who interviewed was extremely nice. I felt like we connected at that instance( I know it sounds corny). She took me to an office and started the interview. It was supposed to last about 30 minutes but we actually spent almost an hour talking. I told her i was very excited to be part of Accenture(Which i am) and just spoke with her about previous experiences on projects. It was simple just have some questions ready for the end. You have to sound professional and always ask questions. They want to you have the ability to communicate and question when in doubt.

After I finished both interviews, I sent them a thank you letter a day later and waited. I got a call from my recruiter two days letter and received an offer. This is by far the best interview process I have been to. They all acted very professional.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself.
      What is a class?
      What is Object Oriented Programming(OOP)?
      What is the most difficult situation you have faced in a project and what did you do to solve it?
      What are the most important things you consider when doing a project?

Answer Question

Accenture Management Consulting Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Accenture (Washington, DC).

Interview

The hiring process was very smooth. 4 Interviews. 1: Technical Senior Manager 2: Senior Executive 3: Group Senior Executive 4: Accenture HR. The Senior Executive was very confident of skills desired.

Interview Questions

• Do you know how we generate revenue in this group and what are out priorities this fiscal year?   1 Answer

Negotiation

It was very straight forward. No negotiation; HR was very straight!

Management Consulting Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Accenture (Washington, DC) in June 2014.

Interview

Recruiter reached out to me for their People and Change practice. Had two short phone conversations with two recruiters about my background and career aspirations. This was followed by a 1-hour "technical" phone interview with a manager who asked me about my experience with business process mapping, building a business case, and current trends in HR technology. This was followed by an in-person interview with a Managing Director where we talked about my previous work experience and did a case. Final interview was another phone interview with a Senior Manager about "fit". The final interview was more of a conversation - I prepared several questions which became the bulk of the interview.

Interview Questions

• Case was very general about how to handle a finance transformation of an M&A -- no calculations, just had to make sure you cover your bases with a framework.   Answer Question

Client Financial Management Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Accenture (Washington, DC) in April 2014.

Interview

3 interviews- brief phone call, hour long phone call, 3-hour video conference interview. first phone call was easy about my resume. second was a behavioral interview (recall a time you were challenged, you foresaw a problem, etc-- they ask you to elaborate on everything you say and will ask more questions like "and how did that make you feel"). 3rd interview was over video (supposed to be in office but they don't pay for flights) with 4 different people. know info about accenture and about the position- everyone asked what the company does and what you know about the role you're applying for. be attentive and ask relevant questions. overall everyone was very friendly and easy to talk to

Asssciate Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Accenture (Washington, DC) in March 2014.

Interview

Very smooth. I first was e-mailed within a couple hours of submitting my resume online through Taleo and being referred. My phone interview was the next day. I was told to complete a programming assessment and when I passed I was then invited back for a second round at an Accenture sight in the DC/NoVA area. My recruiter was prompt and got back to me the very next business day with my decision.

Interview Questions

• I wasn't asked any technical questions, but I did make sure that I made it clear that I understood the technical aspect of the job through RDBMS, programming, and understanding concepts. I was told by other interviewee's that they were asked about SQL joins, queries, and difficult Java questions and were asked to write code on the spot.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Accenture (Washington, DC) in February 2014.

Interview

I interviewed through my university. There was first a Pre-Night which is where you get to meet some people that actually work for Accenture. That is your first impression so make sure that its a good one. Then the next day you have your first interview. I was told they heard great things about me from the Interviewer so the Pre-Night makes a huge impact! If they like you, they'll cal you back on the same day and ask you to come the next day for a second round. That is a behavioral joint, so just know yourself and how you performed in different situations! If they like you they hit you back!

Interview Questions

• Describe when you had to work with a difficult person.   1 Answer

Negotiation

I havent gotten there yet lol