Accenture

Relevance Date Difficulty

Strategy Consultant Interview

Strategy Consultant
Washington, DC

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 5 weeks - interviewed at Accenture in January 2014.

Interview Details – The interview process described in this post is for individuals applying to Accenture as a experienced hire.

First interview: This is a phone screen with the recruiter to discuss your qualification for the position. The recruiter will lightly go through your resume to ensure that you meet the qualifications for the position. Make sure that you know your resume well and that you can relate it back to the position you are applying too.

Second Interview: This is a Technical screen by a manager on your soon to be team. This person will be asking you about your technical background as it relates to the position. It is extremely important to be able to relate your experience back to the job description as well as be current on things occurring in that field. Use the STAR or PARADE (Victor Cheng) methodology to relate your experience. This style of answering questions is the preferred mechanism for relation information to Accenture managers. Also, Put together 3 to 5 examples of your work that you can refer back to when asked questions. You should know these scenarios like the back of your hand so you can deliver the information with ease to the interviewing manager. Answer all of the interviewing managers questions honestly and tell them when you haven't had experience in a certain area but you would love to grow your knowledge base. If your recruiter is amazing and you make it past the technical screen they will give you some tidbits on things you could approve upon before your next interview. Take this information to heart and Practice, Practice, Practice!!!

Third Interview: Consists of meeting with a Senior Manager. The senior manager will perform a behavioral interview which discusses your background in an indirect manner. The interviewer will ask you about your current project and the role you played on the team. They are looking too see if you were a leader and what type of activities you have completed. Be sure to really have an answer for the following questions: Tell me about yourself?, Reason for wanting to join Accenture?, What type of consulting work would you like to focus on? During this interview be honest with your short falls and make sure to play up the items in your career that you have shined on. Prepare several questions to ask your interviewer. Be sure to create questions that are interesting and dynamic which really sure your character.

Last Step in the process is circling back with the recruiter and receiving your offer letter. Make sure that you do some negotiation in this process. A good book to read in regards to this matter is called The Recruiting Snitch!

I hope this post helps future Accenture employees. I know without the information on this site I would not be able to prepare appropriately.

Interview Question – Tell me about yourself?, Reason for wanting to join Accenture?, What type of consulting work would you like to focus on?   Answer Question

Accenture Management Consulting Manager Interview

Accenture Management Consulting Manager
Washington, DC

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Accenture.

Interview Details – The hiring process was very smooth. 4 Interviews. 1: Technical Senior Manager 2: Senior Executive 3: Group Senior Executive 4: Accenture HR. The Senior Executive was very confident of skills desired.

Interview Question – Do you know how we generate revenue in this group and what are out priorities this fiscal year?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – It was very straight forward. No negotiation; HR was very straight!

Communications Specialist Interview

Communications Specialist
Washington, DC

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Accenture in November 2010.

Interview Details – Hiring managers were well prepared and asked great questions. They expected that I would ask questions and responded positively when I did. Third stage was with Senior Executive but felt more like he was just checking to confirm a decision already made.

Interview Question – Asked to complete a skills test: respond to a fictitious stakeholder request and identify the steps and questions I would ask to ensure expectations were met.   Answer Question

Client Financial Management Analyst Interview

Client Financial Management Analyst
Washington, DC

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Accenture in April 2014.

Interview Details – 3 interviews- brief phone call, hour long phone call, 3-hour video conference interview. first phone call was easy about my resume. second was a behavioral interview (recall a time you were challenged, you foresaw a problem, etc-- they ask you to elaborate on everything you say and will ask more questions like "and how did that make you feel"). 3rd interview was over video (supposed to be in office but they don't pay for flights) with 4 different people. know info about accenture and about the position- everyone asked what the company does and what you know about the role you're applying for. be attentive and ask relevant questions. overall everyone was very friendly and easy to talk to

Interview Question – know all about the role   Answer Question

SI Analyst Interview

SI Analyst
Washington, DC

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Accenture in October 2013.

Interview Details – The interview process was pretty standard. It wasn't that bad. I was recruited at a career fair at my university in Sept. First, I had an on-campus interview at our career center. It was basically a resume review session. Then I was called back for a phone interview which was about an hour and a half. These were more behavioral questions, like "tell me about a time when...". Finally, I was called for an on-site interview in DC, which is really just a confirmation that you're a good fit personality-wise. (If you get called to the 3rd interview, you pretty much got the job). They offered me the position in November.

Interview Question – Basic behavioral questions.. Google some for practice.   Answer Question

Asssciate Software Engineer Interview

Asssciate Software Engineer
Washington, DC

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Accenture in March 2014.

Interview Details – Very smooth. I first was e-mailed within a couple hours of submitting my resume online through Taleo and being referred. My phone interview was the next day. I was told to complete a programming assessment and when I passed I was then invited back for a second round at an Accenture sight in the DC/NoVA area. My recruiter was prompt and got back to me the very next business day with my decision.

Interview Question – I wasn't asked any technical questions, but I did make sure that I made it clear that I understood the technical aspect of the job through RDBMS, programming, and understanding concepts. I was told by other interviewee's that they were asked about SQL joins, queries, and difficult Java questions and were asked to write code on the spot.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Intern
Washington, DC

I applied through college or university and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Accenture in February 2014.

Interview Details – I interviewed through my university. There was first a Pre-Night which is where you get to meet some people that actually work for Accenture. That is your first impression so make sure that its a good one. Then the next day you have your first interview. I was told they heard great things about me from the Interviewer so the Pre-Night makes a huge impact! If they like you, they'll cal you back on the same day and ask you to come the next day for a second round. That is a behavioral joint, so just know yourself and how you performed in different situations! If they like you they hit you back!

Interview Question – Describe when you had to work with a difficult person.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I havent gotten there yet lol

Systems Integration Analyst Interview

Systems Integration Analyst
Washington, DC

Interview Details – I applied through university career website. There were three rounds of interviews. First two rounds are on campus. Rounds 2 and 3 are behavioral.

First round is a review of your resume and is very conversational. Second round consists of 3-4 questions. Questions center around four topics (Teamwork, Conflict Resolution, Time Management, Problem Solving). Third round is on-site in which you sit through a hour presentation then proceed to two interviews by higher level management. Those interviews are similar to the second round.

I received a call for the offer from the recruiter about 3 weeks later.

Interview Question – Nothing too difficult. Was a little caught off by a question about how I would describe day one of the job.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I did not negotiate because the salary was very competitive.

Manager Interview

Manager
Washington, DC

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Accenture.

Interview Details – Resume was submitted by a former Accenture employee and the entire interview process took 6 rounds from the initial phone screen. Met with two Senior Manager and a Manager for the third round. Once complete, I met with the Managing Director responsible for hiring me into unit and met with the Managing Director in charge of the industry I would be working in. Process was fairly lengthy and it took roughly 2 months.

Interview Question – Had a business case on creating a strategy for a specific industry.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There wasn't much of a negotiation, I told the Managing Director what I was looking for and they offered that amount. Offer was comparable to two other firms I was interviewing with as well.

Management Consultant Development Program Interview

Management Consultant Development Program
Washington, DC

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Accenture in January 2014.

Interview Details – I was referred by an Accenture employee. I was a contacted by HR to set up a preliminary interview, basically screening. Next were two over the phone case interviews. Last was an in office interview which was a presentation, a case interview and last confirming/behavioral interview. The whole process took about three weeks.

Interview Question – Case Interviews, can't compare to a McKinsey, more broad not so detailed specific.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – N/a

Interviews for Top Jobs at Accenture

Worked for Accenture? Contribute to the Community!

Accenture – Why Work for Us?

Join a global management consulting, technology services and outsourcing company, with approximately 289,000 people serving clients in more than 120 countries. The sheer scale of Accenture’s capabilities and client… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Accenture interview questions and advice in Washington, DC. All 54 interview reviews posted anonymously by Accenture employees and interview candidates.