Accenture Interview Questions & Reviews in Washington, DC

2.9

55 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Management Consultant Development Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Accenture in January 2014.

I was referred by an Accenture employee. I was a contacted by HR to set up a preliminary interview, basically screening. Next were two over the phone case interviews. Last was an in office interview which was a presentation, a case interview and last confirming/behavioral interview. The whole process took about three weeks.

Interview Questions
    • Case Interviews, can't compare to a McKinsey, more broad not so detailed specific.   Answer Question
    N/a

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Accenture in March 2010.

Resume Parse, Phone Screen (general), Phone Screen (behavioral), Phone Interview, Panel Interview, Offer

Felt like the recruiting process was smooth and dialed in. Recruiters were responsive and you really felt like they were interested in you and didn't keep you guessing. That was one of the main reasons I went with Accenture vs. a competing offer where the process was drawn out and felt like the recruiter had no urgency, then when you had another offer they then desperately wanted to get you their offer, but without it would have kept you waiting. There was a clear contrast in how I perceived the 2 companies which are both successful Fortune 500s, but Accenture's process got an A+ and felt great.

Interview Questions
    • Very straightforward and efficient - best recruiting experience I've had!   View Answer
    Did not negotiate much, got lump sum relo bonus ($5 K)... would have asked for base increase instead.

Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

I interviewed through other source. The process took a day - interviewed at Accenture.

DETAILED HR phone screen lasting 60 minutes -- be prepared! If HR phone screen isn't well received, interview process ends there. If screen is successful, will typically have one or two skills interviews (tough - they are well prepared and know how to dig into details to learn one's skills. Don't lie - be honest). If skills interview succeeds, will move on to confirming interviews, typically one person but often two. Hiring manager will typically be the last person with whom interviewee will speak. HR will follow-up with offer or decline of offer.

Interview Questions
    • As mentioned above, skills interviews will be very thorough. DO NOT try to mis-represent one's skills, be as honest as possible. Interviewer will dig down very deeply to get to the essence of what one has done/knows. They are good at this so be prepared and be honest.   Answer Question
    HR dug deeply at initial phone screen to learn asking salary, etc. In my case, I asked for a signing bonus and also an increase in salary over what was offered (I received both) but keep in mind that this was over 10 years ago and this may not be the case today. In addition I had experience and relationships in an area of business in which the company was interested.

Systems Integration Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Accenture in October 2013.

First interview was on campus about 30 minutes. Mostly a get to know you type interview with questions like What do you do in your free time when you aren't studying or in class? What are your hobbies? It was very laid back. Mostly to see if you're somebody they would want to hang out with and to see if they could put you in front of a client. Called back later the same day for a second round interview the next day.

Second interview was all behavioral, no cases. Standard behavioral questions such as Tell me about the most significant project you've worked on? Tell me about a time you had a conflict with a coworker? Why consulting/Accenture? Have a story prepared for all sorts of these questions, use the STAR method and you'll be fine. A few days later they called with an invitation to onsite interviews.

Onsite interview consisted of a presentation from some current analysts and consultants. This was about an hour and a half. They will answer tons of questions and are a valuable resource to understand the company. Next there are two interviews. One with a Senior Manager and one with a Manager. My first one was with a Senior Manager and it was mostly more behavioral questions. However, this time they answered a lot of follow up questions and wanted more detail to answers so be prepared for that. The second interview was with a manager and was extremely casual and short. Questions were more along the lines of What's your biggest concern with Accenture? Are you okay with traveling?

Basically if you make it to the third round the job is yours to lose. Just be yourself, smile, and be confident.

Received a final job offer about two weeks later.

Interview Questions
    • What was the most significant project you've worked on?   Answer Question
    The offer seemed to be firm which is fine because the salary was for a lot more than I was expecting.

Systems Integration Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 3 months - interviewed at Accenture.

On campus interview process in undergrad. One screening interview of 15 minutes via phone, one on campus call back with behavioral questions, on-site interview day with presentations and two interviews with senior executives (behavioral questions and general conversation)

Interview Questions
    • Why do you want to work here?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time when you had a group project and things did not go well. What did you do?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 4 months - interviewed at Accenture in February 2013.

Originally Applied online and then met at career fair. I then recieved an interview the next day. Had the first interview, seemed to go great received a few emails and then did not hear anything for 1.5 months. Receive a phone call then, Have 3 more phone interviews, informed that "I would receive a verbal offer" 9 days before the position began. Received the verbal offer, then a few days later received the official offer via email.

Interview Questions
    • Mostly behavioral questions. Everything went very smooth. Some questions included simple technical skills questions but not many. Most focussed on drive, dedication to the learning process, and willingness to work, multitask, and overwork. Many questions concerned activities and extracurricular things outside of the classroom.   Answer Question
    Informed of the salary and the position, given the offer.

Systems Integration Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 3+ weeks - interviewed at Accenture.

Met Accenture at a Career Fair (was looking for them all over and found ten or so minutes before the career fair would end for the day), got an onsight 1st interview for the next day.
                - This will be a screening to get to know you, your attitude, resume, working with teams, and Why Accenture (crucial question for all three steps)
    After one business week I was told I would be moved to the second round. This round was long (1 hour exactly and I was only able to ask one questions because it seemed as if after the one hour the interviewer had other commitments). This interview is completely behavioral so have atleast 3 stories memorized that you can talk about IN DETAIL in regards to team work and how YOU handled things; even though they dont instruct this way but STAR method is best.
    Questions were?
    - Name a time you were a part of a project or something for an extended amount of time (perhaps a project you were apart of from start to finish
    - Tell me about a time you depended one somebody for information (or in general) and they didnt come through
    - Name a time where you had a lot of information and how did you handle it

I spent atleast 15 minutes on each question so i can minimize the amount of questions interviewer would ask because more and more questions can get repititive
    So we ended with the why Accenture (this was also indirectly asked in the very beginning as well) + one question I asked and the hour was over

3 busniess days later I was informed I would be moving to the 3rd round a week later (all expense trip to DC location)

Started with the 1.5-2 hour presentation from 4 current analyst (very nice very laid back)

Then the interview part; first with manager, then with senior manager (have ALOT of questions prepared, ALOT)

First interview:
    Asked 2 typical behavioral questions (something like general team work skills, and the wierd questions of name a time things went down South; I was completely in a blank...after all you are trying to impress them...right?)
    My key in this interview was that I kept asking more and more and more questions about the managers experience and about Accenture to steer away from traditional annoying behavioral questions
    ....oh yea and WHY ACCENTURE??? (and are you ok with traveling)

Second interview: (was alot more formal and frightening)
    Asked like 5 behavioral questions
    - Had conflict with co-worker
    -Unexpected problem and how did you solve
    - A couple others
    - Why Accenture
    - Ok with traveling?
    - Location

tried to ask same amount of questions but because this interview was so much more formal then the previous one I felt like a panicked a bit

....I thought i blew the interview so much...but I got an offer 5 business days later (All praise is to God)

Hope this helps
    Be confident but not arrogant
    Know your stories and the company
    Be proactive

Interview Questions
    • Name a time you were on a project and things went completely South   Answer Question
    Salary: Great
    Relocation bonus: Not so good, but being out of college leaved little room for complaining and lots for being thankful

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Accenture in May 2012.

I was referred by a friend instead of the traditional route. I had a screening with the recruiter lead of the project, then a skill interview with a manager, and then a closing interview with the senior project manager.

Entry level salary is not negotiable

Associate Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Washington, DC
    Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Accenture in April 2013.

The whole process was very fast and professional. In total, from when I applied and got interviewed and feedback was about 2 weeks.

They give you a 40 question aptitude test to do after like an hour long phone interview. And then they bring you on-site if you pass to do a 1:1 interview for technical skills and also behavioral

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time when you had a less than cooperative team member and what did you do about it? what was the result?   View Answer

Finance Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Washington, DC
    Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Accenture in February 2013.

All the recruiters are very loving and are prepare to help you if any doubt about the job

1. Phone Interview