Accenture

50 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Technology Consulting Analyst Interview

Washington, DC

I applied through college or university and the process took 6 weeks - interviewed at Accenture.

Interview Details – Recruiting with Accenture was a relatively easy process. I really enjoyed the people I met and the company seems to invest a lot in its new hires. None of the interviews were too difficult -- the important thing is to know which type of consulting fits your personality/interests. The process for me:

Round 1 - 30-minute "screening" interview (on campus)
Round 2 - 45-minute behavioral interview
Round 3 - two 45-minute behavioral interviews

In the end, I simply had more exciting offers. I was invited to join their IT Strategy & Transformation group.

Interview Question – Explain a difficult situation you have faced working in teams.   Answer Question

Management Consulting Analyst Interview

Washington, DC

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Accenture in December 2009.

Interview Details – I had 3 interviews (I believe). I had an initial phone screen with very basic information, then another behavioral interview by phone, and then a visit to the home office where I was interviewed by 2 managers (one case study interview and another one for fit).

Interview Question – Are you married? Interviewer (who was a manager, not a recruiter) asked by mistake, then said "oops, I didn't mean as an interview question!" and moved on.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I did not try to negotiate, but I heard others who were also given an offer were not able to negotiate.

Consulting Manager Interview

Consulting Manager
Washington, DC

I applied online and the process took 5 weeks - interviewed at Accenture in January 2010.

Interview Details – The hiring process was very smooth and professional. Applied online waited ~3 weeks to get first contact. Later the recuriter called for general discussion and salary expectations, she tried to under cut my non consulting background to lower my salary expectation. Second round after few days was a 30 mins Bhevarioal/Situational interview followed by 45 mins Technical phone interview a week later was invited to local DC office to meet with the Partner (strangely prior to meeting the partner had to go through a technical writing interview on a computer). The partner was very nice and the interview was mostly about my background and why consulting etc. Throughout the process the recuriter was in touch and keep me informed. Couple of days after partner interview offer was made. It was lower than I expected and I negotiated they gave me what I wanted. Please note they would expect you to negotiate, when asked for Salary expectation do not give a range my partner appreciated that I did not gave a range and I knew exactly what I'm worth. Also while negotiating do not talk about industry avg, past salary etc. Focus on value you bring to Accenture and thier clients. Other important things to remember they are passionate about thier core values read about thier core values quote them if you can and convey them if it relates to your core values. Also the company is all about team work. So give examples of how you carried your team and didn't run anyone under the bus. Be genuine during the situational interviews and try not to show that you emerged sucessfull in all situations if you have failed in some situation then explain to them what you learnt form it, they wanted people who learn from thier mistakes. During partner interview try to build a story around your expirience and be prepared to speak for your resume.

Interview Questions

• Didn't come across any difficult questions. Basic stuff like

Why Consulting? Why Accenture?
      Answer Question
  • Did you come across a situaton when your surpervisor didn't agree with you? What did you?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Couple of days after partner interview offer was made. It was lower than I expected and I negotiated they gave me what I wanted. Please note they would expect you to negotiate, when asked for Salary expectation do not give a range my partner appreciated that I did not gave a range and I knew exactly what I'm worth. Also while negotiating do not talk about industry avg, past salary etc. Focus on value you bring to Accenture and thier clients.

They gave me what I was expecting. Watch out they will try to lower the salary and make the difference through a bigger sign-on bonus don't fall for this trap

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Systems Integration Consultant
Washington, DC

I applied through college or university and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Accenture in October 2009.

Interview Details – 2 Rounds of interviews at school, then the final round was held at the office.
1st Round - Screening
2nd Round - Behavioral and Case Studies
3rd Round - Meeting with executives

Interview Question – The 2nd round was the most difficult. Bring your A game and expect to be thinking on your toes.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Slight negotiation

Management Consultant Interview

Management Consultant
Washington, DC

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Accenture in August 2012.

Interview Details – HR Screen, then behavioral interview with Manager, Situational Interview with Senior Manager, Business Case & Final Interview, 1:1 with Senior Executive

Interview Question – The Business Case   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Be very flexible because it's a great opportunity. There's a lot ability to move and around within the organization.

Systems Integration Consultant
Washington, DC

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Accenture in July 2012.

Interview Details – Had a three round approach:

1st Round was a 15 minute phone conversation about Accenture. The lady didn't even ask about my resume. Asked if I had any questions and that was it

2nd Round was a 45 minute phone conversation with behavioral questions. I have a few years with management consutling experience, so it was a breeze. Just be prepared to discuss things on your resume.

3rd Round was an office visit at their new location in Northern Virginia (Ballston). Was a beautiful office. There were about 15 other interviewees that day. They had 5 consultants hanging around answering our questions and then we each met with partners for two 45 minute interviews. These interviews were a little more detailed. They asked resume specific questions and why I was interested in Accenture. One of their biggest questions was why I want to leave my current job. Lastly, we were served lunch and given a presentation about the company/benefits/etc. Was called the next day for an offer.

Negotiation Details – They would not negotiate. They said "We really put our best offer forward"
My offer was $72K/yr with $4k signing bonus. I have a B.S. in Industrial Eng. and have two years of consulting experience.

Associate Software Engineer Interview

Associate Software Engineer
Washington, DC

I interviewed at Accenture in July 2012.

Interview Details – First a phone interview then an aptitude test. After that it was onto their hiring day with a group of about 10 others. They told us more about the company and the position for an hour and took us in for two separate 1 on 1 interviews. One was "hr" and the other was "technical" but they overlapped and had many of the same questions.

Interview Question – questions:
tell me about yourself
strengths/weaknesses
explain a past project (high level)
tell me about a problem you faced in that project and how did you overcome it
what is encapsulation. what is polymorphism.
relationship between object and class.
a few more object oriented questions.
  Answer Question

Negotiation Details – no negotiation

Systems Integration Consulting Analyst Interview

Systems Integration Consulting Analyst
Washington, DC

The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Accenture in June 2012.

Interview Details – First interview was very straight forward - asked to describe my activities in the last four years, why I wanted to go into the business world with an engineering degree, why Accenture, etc...
Second interview was also fairly straight forward - set up a phone interview with a senior exec on the HR team to talk about different situations and how I handled them.
Received confirmation of third round in office interview.

Senior Analyst Interview

Washington, DC

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Accenture in March 2012.

Interview Details – Phone Screen interview(Round 1)- Basic walk me through your resume make sure this isn't a crazy person or underqualified person
1:1 phone interview(Round 2)- Basic tell me about your strengths weaknesses etc etc
1:1 phone interview(Round 3)- Case study, super simple logic. Company x is currently supplying y to z companies, this is the system they use now, how would you improve it? What would the advantages to your strategy be? (This interview gets you hired into the company)
1:1 phone interview(Round 4)- Confirming qualifications for the specific role I was hired into
1:1 In person interview- Making sure i'm a fit for the office. very straightforward, talked about football the whole time, minimal discussion about my actual resume etc. (This interview gets you the pay check)

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – Negotiated for 2k more a year and from 0 signing bonus to 5k signing bonus.

Washington, DC

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Accenture in June 2012.

Interview Details – A recruiter contacted me to apply for this position after I applied online for the same position but in another location. The first two interviews were fairly easy phone interviews and the third one being an office visit. The second interview was definitely more in-depth about your experience in certain situations (i.e. working in a group, overcoming a difficult task, etc.).

Interview Question – How did you overcome a problem/complete a project in which you had little guidance or directions?   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Accenture