Accenture Interview Questions in Washington, DC

Updated Aug 24, 2015

2.8

Management Consultant Development Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Accenture (Washington, DC) in January 2014.

Interview

I was referred by an Accenture employee. I was a contacted by HR to set up a preliminary interview, basically screening. Next were two over the phone case interviews. Last was an in office interview which was a presentation, a case interview and last confirming/behavioral interview. The whole process took about three weeks.

Interview Questions

• Case Interviews, can't compare to a McKinsey, more broad not so detailed specific.   Answer Question

Negotiation

N/a

Systems Integration Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Accenture (Washington, DC) in October 2013.

Interview

First interview was on campus about 30 minutes. Mostly a get to know you type interview with questions like What do you do in your free time when you aren't studying or in class? What are your hobbies? It was very laid back. Mostly to see if you're somebody they would want to hang out with and to see if they could put you in front of a client. Called back later the same day for a second round interview the next day. Second interview was all behavioral, no cases. Standard behavioral questions such as Tell me about the most significant project you've worked on? Tell me about a time you had a conflict with a coworker? Why consulting/Accenture? Have a story prepared for all sorts of these questions, use the STAR method and you'll be fine. A few days later they called with an invitation to onsite interviews. Onsite interview consisted of a presentation from some current analysts and consultants. This was about an hour and a half. They will answer tons of questions and are a valuable resource to understand the company. Next there are two interviews. One with a Senior Manager and one with a Manager. My first one was with a Senior Manager and it was mostly more behavioral questions. However, this time they answered a lot of follow up questions and wanted more detail to answers so be prepared for that. The second interview was with a manager and was extremely casual and short. Questions were more along the lines of What's your biggest concern with Accenture? Are you okay with traveling? Basically if you make it to the third round the job is yours to lose. Just be yourself, smile, and be confident. Received a final job offer about two weeks later.

Interview Questions

• What was the most significant project you've worked on?   Answer Question

Negotiation

The offer seemed to be firm which is fine because the salary was for a lot more than I was expecting.

SI Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Accenture (Washington, DC) in October 2013.

Interview

The interview process was pretty standard. It wasn't that bad. I was recruited at a career fair at my university in Sept. First, I had an on-campus interview at our career center. It was basically a resume review session. Then I was called back for a phone interview which was about an hour and a half. These were more behavioral questions, like "tell me about a time when...". Finally, I was called for an on-site interview in DC, which is really just a confirmation that you're a good fit personality-wise. (If you get called to the 3rd interview, you pretty much got the job). They offered me the position in November.

Interview Questions

• Basic behavioral questions.. Google some for practice.   Answer Question

Systems Integration Analyst Interview

Application

Interview

I applied through university career website. There were three rounds of interviews. First two rounds are on campus. Rounds 2 and 3 are behavioral. First round is a review of your resume and is very conversational. Second round consists of 3-4 questions. Questions center around four topics (Teamwork, Conflict Resolution, Time Management, Problem Solving). Third round is on-site in which you sit through a hour presentation then proceed to two interviews by higher level management. Those interviews are similar to the second round. I received a call for the offer from the recruiter about 3 weeks later.

Interview Questions

• Nothing too difficult. Was a little caught off by a question about how I would describe day one of the job.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I did not negotiate because the salary was very competitive.

Functional Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Accenture (Washington, DC) in August 2013.

Interview

3 total parts 1 - initial phone screen with HR rep. 2 - phone interview with actual project lead (about a week after phone screen) 3 - in person interview with director of project (about a week after phone interview) Everyone was very helpful and the process was not difficult. It was one of the easier interviews I had been through, but that may be because I was not being hired for a management consultant role and was an experienced hire rather than a recent grad they that they may scrutinize more.

Interview Questions

• What experience do you have with SDLC? How do you handle problems in the workplace/with colleagues? Biggest weakness/strengths? What are some projects you've worked on in the past? Where do you see yourself in 5 years? Why do you want to work at Accenture? Why are you leaving your previous employer? Run through your resume for me.   1 Answer

Technology Consulting Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Accenture (Washington, DC) in August 2013.

Interview

I had 3 interviews overall, the first 2 interviews were over the phone and the last interview was on site with 2 senior managers. The company pays for the flight ticket and hotel for the last round of interviews if you are not local. The whole interview process took around 2 months.

Systems Integration Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Accenture (Washington, DC).

Interview

On campus interview process in undergrad. One screening interview of 15 minutes via phone, one on campus call back with behavioral questions, on-site interview day with presentations and two interviews with senior executives (behavioral questions and general conversation)

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time when you had a group project and things did not go well. What did you do?   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Accenture (Washington, DC) in June 2013.

Interview

Phone Interview - Allows the recruiter to get to know you In-Person interview - 1 technical with java based questions and 1 functional with team oriented questions. Need to be ready to understand object oriented programming and fundamentals such as objects, classes, methods, constructors, ect. Also need to e able to answer questions based on teamwork, leadership and challenges.

Interview Questions

• Describe how you worked within a team to overcome a major obstacle?   Answer Question

Systems Integration Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Accenture (Washington, DC).

Interview

Met Accenture at a Career Fair (was looking for them all over and found ten or so minutes before the career fair would end for the day), got an onsight 1st interview for the next day. - This will be a screening to get to know you, your attitude, resume, working with teams, and Why Accenture (crucial question for all three steps) After one business week I was told I would be moved to the second round. This round was long (1 hour exactly and I was only able to ask one questions because it seemed as if after the one hour the interviewer had other commitments). This interview is completely behavioral so have atleast 3 stories memorized that you can talk about IN DETAIL in regards to team work and how YOU handled things; even though they dont instruct this way but STAR method is best. Questions were? - Name a time you were a part of a project or something for an extended amount of time (perhaps a project you were apart of from start to finish - Tell me about a time you depended one somebody for information (or in general) and they didnt come through - Name a time where you had a lot of information and how did you handle it I spent atleast 15 minutes on each question so i can minimize the amount of questions interviewer would ask because more and more questions can get repititive So we ended with the why Accenture (this was also indirectly asked in the very beginning as well) + one question I asked and the hour was over 3 busniess days later I was informed I would be moving to the 3rd round a week later (all expense trip to DC location) Started with the 1.5-2 hour presentation from 4 current analyst (very nice very laid back) Then the interview part; first with manager, then with senior manager (have ALOT of questions prepared, ALOT) First interview: Asked 2 typical behavioral questions (something like general team work skills, and the wierd questions of name a time things went down South; I was completely in a blank...after all you are trying to impress them...right?) My key in this interview was that I kept asking more and more and more questions about the managers experience and about Accenture to steer away from traditional annoying behavioral questions ....oh yea and WHY ACCENTURE??? (and are you ok with traveling) Second interview: (was alot more formal and frightening) Asked like 5 behavioral questions - Had conflict with co-worker -Unexpected problem and how did you solve - A couple others - Why Accenture - Ok with traveling? - Location tried to ask same amount of questions but because this interview was so much more formal then the previous one I felt like a panicked a bit ....I thought i blew the interview so much...but I got an offer 5 business days later (All praise is to God) Hope this helps Be confident but not arrogant Know your stories and the company Be proactive

Interview Questions

• Name a time you were on a project and things went completely South   Answer Question

Negotiation

Salary: Great Relocation bonus: Not so good, but being out of college leaved little room for complaining and lots for being thankful

Associate Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Accenture (Washington, DC) in April 2013.

Interview

The whole process was very fast and professional. In total, from when I applied and got interviewed and feedback was about 2 weeks. They give you a 40 question aptitude test to do after like an hour long phone interview. And then they bring you on-site if you pass to do a 1:1 interview for technical skills and also behavioral

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had a less than cooperative team member and what did you do about it? what was the result?   1 Answer