Accenture Interview Questions in Washington, DC

Updated Jun 18, 2015

2.8

Functional Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Accenture (Washington, DC) in August 2013.

Interview

3 total parts

1 - initial phone screen with HR rep.

2 - phone interview with actual project lead (about a week after phone screen)

3 - in person interview with director of project (about a week after phone interview)

Everyone was very helpful and the process was not difficult. It was one of the easier interviews I had been through, but that may be because I was not being hired for a management consultant role and was an experienced hire rather than a recent grad they that they may scrutinize more.

Interview Questions

• What experience do you have with SDLC?

How do you handle problems in the workplace/with colleagues?

Biggest weakness/strengths?

What are some projects you've worked on in the past?

Where do you see yourself in 5 years?

Why do you want to work at Accenture?

Why are you leaving your previous employer?

Run through your resume for me.

1 Answer

Systems Integration Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Accenture (Washington, DC).

Interview

On campus interview process in undergrad. One screening interview of 15 minutes via phone, one on campus call back with behavioral questions, on-site interview day with presentations and two interviews with senior executives (behavioral questions and general conversation)

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time when you had a group project and things did not go well. What did you do?   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Accenture (Washington, DC) in June 2013.

Interview

Phone Interview - Allows the recruiter to get to know you
    In-Person interview - 1 technical with java based questions and 1 functional with team oriented questions. Need to be ready to understand object oriented programming and fundamentals such as objects, classes, methods, constructors, ect. Also need to e able to answer questions based on teamwork, leadership and challenges.

Interview Questions

• Describe how you worked within a team to overcome a major obstacle?   Answer Question

Systems Integration Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ weeksinterviewed at Accenture (Washington, DC).

Interview

Met Accenture at a Career Fair (was looking for them all over and found ten or so minutes before the career fair would end for the day), got an onsight 1st interview for the next day.
                - This will be a screening to get to know you, your attitude, resume, working with teams, and Why Accenture (crucial question for all three steps)
    After one business week I was told I would be moved to the second round. This round was long (1 hour exactly and I was only able to ask one questions because it seemed as if after the one hour the interviewer had other commitments). This interview is completely behavioral so have atleast 3 stories memorized that you can talk about IN DETAIL in regards to team work and how YOU handled things; even though they dont instruct this way but STAR method is best.
    Questions were?
    - Name a time you were a part of a project or something for an extended amount of time (perhaps a project you were apart of from start to finish
    - Tell me about a time you depended one somebody for information (or in general) and they didnt come through
    - Name a time where you had a lot of information and how did you handle it

I spent atleast 15 minutes on each question so i can minimize the amount of questions interviewer would ask because more and more questions can get repititive
    So we ended with the why Accenture (this was also indirectly asked in the very beginning as well) + one question I asked and the hour was over

3 busniess days later I was informed I would be moving to the 3rd round a week later (all expense trip to DC location)

Started with the 1.5-2 hour presentation from 4 current analyst (very nice very laid back)

Then the interview part; first with manager, then with senior manager (have ALOT of questions prepared, ALOT)

First interview:
    Asked 2 typical behavioral questions (something like general team work skills, and the wierd questions of name a time things went down South; I was completely in a blank...after all you are trying to impress them...right?)
    My key in this interview was that I kept asking more and more and more questions about the managers experience and about Accenture to steer away from traditional annoying behavioral questions
    ....oh yea and WHY ACCENTURE??? (and are you ok with traveling)

Second interview: (was alot more formal and frightening)
    Asked like 5 behavioral questions
    - Had conflict with co-worker
    -Unexpected problem and how did you solve
    - A couple others
    - Why Accenture
    - Ok with traveling?
    - Location

tried to ask same amount of questions but because this interview was so much more formal then the previous one I felt like a panicked a bit

....I thought i blew the interview so much...but I got an offer 5 business days later (All praise is to God)

Hope this helps
    Be confident but not arrogant
    Know your stories and the company
    Be proactive

Interview Questions

• Name a time you were on a project and things went completely South   Answer Question

Negotiation

Salary: Great
    Relocation bonus: Not so good, but being out of college leaved little room for complaining and lots for being thankful

Associate Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Accenture (Washington, DC) in April 2013.

Interview

The whole process was very fast and professional. In total, from when I applied and got interviewed and feedback was about 2 weeks.

They give you a 40 question aptitude test to do after like an hour long phone interview. And then they bring you on-site if you pass to do a 1:1 interview for technical skills and also behavioral

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had a less than cooperative team member and what did you do about it? what was the result?   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at Accenture (Washington, DC) in February 2013.

Interview

Originally Applied online and then met at career fair. I then recieved an interview the next day. Had the first interview, seemed to go great received a few emails and then did not hear anything for 1.5 months. Receive a phone call then, Have 3 more phone interviews, informed that "I would receive a verbal offer" 9 days before the position began. Received the verbal offer, then a few days later received the official offer via email.

Interview Questions

• Mostly behavioral questions. Everything went very smooth. Some questions included simple technical skills questions but not many. Most focussed on drive, dedication to the learning process, and willingness to work, multitask, and overwork. Many questions concerned activities and extracurricular things outside of the classroom.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Informed of the salary and the position, given the offer.

Finance Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Accenture (Washington, DC) in February 2013.

Interview

All the recruiters are very loving and are prepare to help you if any doubt about the job

1. Phone Interview
    2. Phone Interview but very deep with situational questions

Business & Systems Integration Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 7+ monthsinterviewed at Accenture (Washington, DC) in January 2013.

Interview

There was a 30 minute phone interview to talk about my background and what I know about Accenture. The second 60 minute phone interview was more situational, asking about how I acted in the work environment in specific situations. The third round was in person including a presentation about the company and two 45 minute interviews with managers who wanted to know more about my leadership skills and repeated some of the questions I was already asked.

Interview Questions

• Name a time when you had to work with a difficult coworker and how did you handle it.   Answer Question

Negotiation

There was no negotiation - take it or leave it policy for entry level.

Client Financial Management Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Accenture (Washington, DC) in January 2013.

Interview

1. Contacted an employee in the company to refer me
    2. Recruiter called to ask which positions I wanted to apply for
    3. Another recruiter called to match my resume skills to the job description
    4. Hiring manager called and conducted a situational-based interview. The questions were simple i.e. Name a time you had to deal with a difficult classmate, have you ever been in a project with a tight deadline
    5. Flew to DC on my own dime to have a interview with an analyst, specialist, and manager in the duration of 3 hours.

Interview Questions

• You have $10 million dollars in expenses. You're halfway into a project and the profit margin decreases 5%. What are some managerial actions you would take to remedy the project?   Answer Question

Technology Consulting Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Accenture (Washington, DC).

Interview

Recruiting with Accenture was a relatively easy process. I really enjoyed the people I met and the company seems to invest a lot in its new hires. None of the interviews were too difficult -- the important thing is to know which type of consulting fits your personality/interests. The process for me:

Round 1 - 30-minute "screening" interview (on campus)
    Round 2 - 45-minute behavioral interview
    Round 3 - two 45-minute behavioral interviews

In the end, I simply had more exciting offers. I was invited to join their IT Strategy & Transformation group.

Interview Questions

• Explain a difficult situation you have faced working in teams.   Answer Question