Accentus Interview Questions

1.8

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Accentus in July 2014.

Interview

I applied online and received an email back within two hours asking for a phone interview. I had the phone interview two days later and it was pretty basic. Questions about previous experience and skills, whether I was good with accents, what my home office environment consists of etc. He explained the independent contractor piece, pay rates, minimum targets etc. Then he advised that he would send an email with a link to the testing and the computer requirements for the job. The test consists of 100 multiple choice questions about medical terminology and grammar. If you get 85% on this test you will have the opportunity to complete the transcription test which consists of four dictations. The first one was on the more difficult side and the other three were fairly easy. I completed the test on the weekend and he emailed me Monday to ask when he could call to give me the good news. When he called he gave me my marks on the tests and offered me a contract.

Interview Questions

• Explain a difficult situation you had at work where you could not follow through on something and how you dealt with it.   Answer Question

Negotiation

There is no opportunity for negotiation. You can take or leave the offer.

Medical Transcriptionist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 6+ monthsinterviewed at Accentus (Vancouver, BC (Canada)).

Interview

submitted resume, 6 months later a telephone call asking where I had been and when could I start. No interview. I am a very experienced and long term transcriptionist and have worked as such in other countries

Interview Questions

• No questions where asked of me, see above   1 Answer

Negotiation

no negotiation

Medical Transcriptionist Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Accentus in June 2012.

Interview

I received an email, then a phone interview, then was hired after signing a contract.

Medical Transcriptionist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ottawa, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Accentus (Ottawa, ON (Canada)) in April 2011.

Interview

I got this job through contacts already working for Accentus. I applied online and was promptly followed up. I expected a hard interview, only I was asked if I was fine with working from home, being an independent contractor, my education, transferable skills from past jobs, my computer know how, how good I am listening to accents. I thought this was weird. My interviews at hospitals were immensely hard. Accentus was the total opposite. The HR person was pleasant and helpful. She answered all my questions and I had the impression she enjoyed her job and company so I was optimistic that Accentus would fit me fine.

Interview Questions

• Tell me what skills from your last jobs could transfer to Accentus and how they will help you excel with us.   Answer Question

Negotiation

You don't have any negotiation options.

Medical Transcriptionist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ottawa, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Accentus (Ottawa, ON (Canada)) in April 2010.

Interview

The interview and hiring process were lax, however very long. I was only asked about my graduation date from a medical transcriptionist college course, my practicum, my areas of interest, my typing speed, and I think my schedule. I had to do a very easy medical terminology test that was so simple a 7th grader could do, then a keyboarding speed test. My interview was two months after I applied online. I was e-mailed an offer of employment in two weeks. I sent it back the next day and it took almost a month for someone in Accentus to get back to me and ask to confirm a day for IT to set up my computer. That took I think two weeks, then I waited another week or so for training from a team lead.

Interview Questions

• Are there any areas of medical transcription you feel that you aren't strong in and explain why?   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiations allowed. Period. The pay is peanuts. You make $0.70/audio minute for voice recognition and $1.15/minute for straight dictation. You get a training bonus which is more, I think it was $1.15 or so/audio minute for voice recognition, and around $1.40 or $1.50/audio minute of straight dictation. When you complete training your pay gets lowered.