AccessData Interview Questions

Updated Jul 14, 2014
Updated Jul 14, 2014

2.8

Software Engineer Interview

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at AccessData in June 2012.

Found the position online and I applied. I later got a call from the recruiter to talk about the position. After talking to the recruiter I was brought in for an in person interview and was interviewed by 3 people. I got an offer 5 days later.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Orem, UT
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orem, UT

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days - interviewed at AccessData in April 2010.

Easier to get started on an interview if you go through an current employee or through the hiring agent that they use. Usually involves a phone interview with some technical questions thrown in, then you called up for an on-site technical interview which tends to be pretty similar to the phone interview but for a longer duration, I was asked mostly about c#, sql, object oriented programming and threading

Interview Questions
    • Was given a piece of code that uses threads with some bugs thrown in I was asked to identify and fix the potential problem in the code, it was not too bad   Answer Question
    negotiation tends towards low balling you

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Lindon, UT
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lindon, UT

I applied online. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at AccessData in March 2012.

It started with a phone interview. The Interviewer questioned me on my skill sets and had me rank myself on each of them (1-10). They asked my current position, length of that position, and current salary. There was no technical questions over the phone. After 3 days, I was contacted and asked to come in and meet with the CEO, the Team lead and 3 existing members of the team. Here I was asked technical questions regarding C# and .Net. These questions ranged from topics such as inheritance, WCF services, Generics and MSSQL. They asked me to write a method (they had large white boards on the walls) showing how I would solve the Fibonacci numbers algorithm. 4 Days later I was called in to meet with the Team Leader individually. Here I was asked about Application Design, Database Design. He was interested in how I processed things and what my methods were to solve problems. I was very impressed with everyone at this company that I met with. They all seemed very straight forward and honest with me about any questions I had about the company.

Interview Questions
    • Solve the Fibonacci numbers in a method . Method would accept an index as a parameter and the method would return the Fibonacci number for that index.   View Answer

After receiving their offer, I went in to turn in my letter of resignation to my current employer. Upon seeing this, which was a surprise to them, they were willing to offer me large pay increase on top of the offer that AccessData offered.

Software Engineer Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 week - interviewed at AccessData in April 2009.

One on one interview with hiring manager. The hiring manager described the development groups and what each development group was responsible for and what their current needs were. Next the hiring manager had me meet with their resident guru for a technical interview. He gave me a sheet of paper a short C++ program and asked what the program would print. Next he had me write psuedo code for reversing a linked list. Last there was a group interview with the manager of the group and two lead developers. They asked general and specific personal and technical questions. They also asked me to write psuedo code to compute the a Fibonacci number.

Technical Account Manager Interview

Asked a number of highly technical questions and specifics about Windows/SQL Server environments via Google Hangout.

Interview Questions

I had a development interview also.

Account Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 6 months - interviewed at AccessData.

Probably the most disrespectful and ignorant interview process ever. Had a phone interview with their recruiter. Made it to the next step with a phone interview with the hiring manager. Next step was an on-site interview. Meet with three people who actually perform the job function. They were okay. The hiring manager was next. He was late for our session. He wasn't dressed professionally. He didn't shave that day. Just terrible interviewer. Very dry personality. Overall I did well in my interview. Was told that I would hear something within a week. Weeks went by and nothing. Called the hiring manager for an update. He was very rude. Told me that in a very unprofessional manner that he didn't have time to talk. Not sure why he picked up and answered the phone. But he told me he would call me on Monday. The weekend went by and so did Monday and heard nothing. About a month later the recruiter called me back to see if I was still available. I told her yes. She told me the hiring process was delayed due to system updates. That's why I supposedly didn't hear back sooner. But she reassured me that all was well and they were still interested. 5 months later which includes 2 emails to her for updates, and a voicemail and no response. Very, very unprofessional. They did me a favor. I don't want to work for this type of company.

Software Developer Interview

I applied online. The process took a day - interviewed at AccessData in February 2012.

C sharp , SQL basics and advanced concepts. Design some database tables, oops, testing questions, software design, ado.net

Interview Questions
    • How do you make use of interfaces to help you in testing?   Answer Question

Worked for AccessData? Contribute to the Community!