Acclarent Interview Questions

3.2

Contract Sales Analyst Interview

Applied through a job placement company. There was first a phone interview asking me about my background as well as what attracted me to the position. Next, prior to a face to face interview, I was given a spreadsheet of data and asked to answer specific questions and identify trends using pivot tables and lookup formulas. I was then asked during my face to face interview to explain the process I used to come up with the answers.

Interview Questions
    • Name a time when a team project did not go well. How did you resolve the issue?   Answer Question

Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Menlo Park, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Menlo Park, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Acclarent.

Phone interview and first-round on-site interviews. The hiring manager said she would get back to me in two weeks, but never did. I would have appreciated a call from the manager or HR to let me know I was not a good match.

Interview Questions
    • If I gave you a project with an unachievable deadline, what would you do?   View Answer

Market Development Specialist Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 months - interviewed at Acclarent.

Expect several rounds of interviews starting with your (potential) manager and at least one echelon above, you will more than likely interview face to face with the Vice President of Sales. JnJ has a very pragmatic approach to interviewing candidates, they are looking for people who will be comfortable working within the existing company structure. If you are not a fan of accountability and consistent communication with your manager(s) you want to look elsewhere.
    The interview process will mirror the day to day job. They are looking for team players who will be highly motivated, eager to engage their clients and challenge traditional thinking with innovative products. An attitude eager to share your progress with the rest of the region will be welcomed. Open and honest communication with your manager and fellow sales colleagues will be a bonus and eventually an expectation.
    Show up to the interview with documented success at your prior sales position, explain why you are the best candidate for the job, articulate how you were able to achieve past success and why that will enable you to be successful with Acclarent. They are looking for people who are not afraid to be uncomfortable, get in the OR with docs and challenge traditional thinking so that you become an asset, not just a friendly rep. Healthcare is changing and relationship based selling is becoming a thing of the past, mention this and an eyebrow will raise with a nod of approval.
    Read the Challenger Sale - if you don't believe in that book or learn anything from it, I would advise NOT acting like you do to score a job because that is the mentality they want you to have. If you read that book and get excited, jump all over this position with Acclarent because that is the type of person they are looking for.

Interview Questions
    • They want to know some areas that you can approve in. I don't know how exactly they will phrase the question but it will come up. Do not say there's nothing you can improve in, anybody who constantly strives to be the best will take notice of areas they can better themselves. Be realistic and be honest.
      They are also going to want to hear a story of a time in your career you had to overcome significant obstacles to complete a task, how you approached that situation and what the outcome was. These are pretty standard interview questions for any similar job in this field.
        Answer Question

Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Menlo Park, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Menlo Park, CA

The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Acclarent in May 2009.

Very short, uneducated process. Based on whether the manager likes you and what you can bring to the plate so he/she can personally benefit from your experience, talent and hard work. Behavior type questions. Demonstrate passion for work.

Interview Questions
    none, take as is or don't take

ENT Consultant Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Acclarent in September 2011.

Phone screen with recruiter at JnJ home office. One on one meeting with regional manager. Ride along with ENTC rep in field. One on one with Area VP.

Phone screen was typical. Field ride with rep was great and just half the day. Meeting with region manager was very casual and relaxed. Meeting with Area VP was almost 3 hours and painfully difficult. I found several comments borderline inappropriate, especially for a JnJ company.

Interview Questions
    • How do you convince a physician who says they do not have issues with patients and has no need for your product?   Answer Question

Worked for Acclarent? Contribute to the Community!