AccorHotels Interview Questions

Updated Jul 2, 2015

2.6

Front Office Member Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at AccorHotels.

Interview

Vorstellungsgespräch war nichts besonderes, Standard Fragen wie z.B: Gehaltsvorstellung.
    Wir haben uns in der Hotellobby getroffen und in der Bar das Gespräch geführt.
    Das Gespräch fand mit der Personalchefin statt.
    Das Gespräch hat ca. 40 Minuten gedauert.

Financial Analyst Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at AccorHotels.

Interview

2 interviews, one with my manager and then with his. Nothing particular, just a fit.

Interview Questions

• company strategy - it changes every 6 months   1 Answer

Housekeeping Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miami, FL

Application

I applied through other source – interviewed at AccorHotels (Miami, FL) in March 2012.

Interview

Got in touch through postal mail. One on one interview later. Sketchy hiring practices. They hide information and pressure you to sign papers without having things clear (benefits, etc). They trick interns into a fallacy.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Unclear and full of doughts

Relief General Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at AccorHotels (Orlando, FL) in September 2011.

Interview

Quick and missleading.

Interview Questions

• Why would anyone ever want to leave working for Walt Disney World?   Answer Question

Negotiation

There was none.

General Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Belmont, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at AccorHotels (Belmont, CA) in February 2008.

Interview

i was asked to drive to the property the day before, did an interview and then left that night to return home

Distribution & Pricing Interview

Anonymous Employee in Paris (France)

Application

I applied online – interviewed at AccorHotels (Paris (France)).

Interview

Un entretien classique pendant lequel il faut se présenter, dire pourquoi nous sommes le candidat idéal et répondre à des questions sur nos compétences (en lien avec le poste).
    J'ai aussi eu la possibilité de rencontrer la personne en poste afin de discuter avec elle et pouvoir lui poser des questions.

Chef De Project MACH Interview

Anonymous Employee in Paris (France)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at AccorHotels (Paris (France)) in February 2015.

Interview

I came across the job ad in English and emailed the direct manager with my resume and cover letter in English. I was given an appointment to meet his manager or as it's called in France the N+2, then I sent the French version of my resume to avoid in confusions or misunderstandings.

The day of the interview, his assistant and himself were very nice and pleasant, he started the interview by explaining what the project was about and what type of Project Manager they were looking for. He spoke all in French obviously. I definitely felt at ease with him. We switched to English and he asked me to tell him more about myself, my experience and how it was related to the job I was applying for. No tricky questions or anything like that.

Then he said that my profile didn't really match what they were looking for and they had probably overlooked the type of experience I had, but anyways I'd be considered for the position as I had been the first one to be interviewed but I wouldn't have answer before 2 weeks.

I emailed him a week or so after to follow-up, he responded to my email and then I receive a very kind letter by email stating I had not been selected.

Interview Questions

• Why did you come to France if it is such a small country ?   1 Answer

Front Office Team Member Interview

Interview

I was already hired in the company and I apply for a different position.
    The interview process was easier than I was expecting as I was familiarised with the tasks and I already knew the people who was interviewing. probably that is why the interview went smoothly and short x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x xx x x x x x x x x x x

Interview Questions

• Please remain calm, positive and show a can-do attitude and you will get the job. There were not difficult questions at all just typical interview question like: why do you want to work with us, tell about yourself, what are your weaknesses...   Answer Question

Reservations Agent Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at AccorHotels.

Interview

Initially applied online, i than received a phone call within 5 days of my application. Second stage i got invited to an onsite interview with the HR coordinator and Res Manager. I received offer soon after. Process was quite straight forward.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if you had to deal with a difficult guest ?   Answer Question

Receptionist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Melbourne (Australia)

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at AccorHotels (Melbourne (Australia)) in August 2014.

Interview

- Applied online,
    - Got a call from the Front Office Manager 2-3 days later asking if I was available for a phone interview,
    - I accepted the phone interview on the spot
    - I was asked general questions like: Can you tell me about your previous job roles and what responsibilities you had? What is it about hospitality that interests you? Would you be able to work 7am-3pm and 3pm-11pm? What characteristics do you have that suit the role? etc. etc.
    - At the end of the phone interview I was asked to come in for an interview with the General Manager
    - I went for the face-to-face interview a few days later
    - General Manager and Front Office Manager both attended my interview
    - I was asked questions like: Which days are you able to work? Are the hours we require suitable? When are you finishing your course? Tell me about a time you had to deal with a difficult guest. How did you overcome the situation? What interests you about guest interaction? Talked about previous experience, passion for the industry etc.
    - General Manager gave me her business card
    - Got a call 4 days later saying I was unsuccessful

Although the job ad stated no experience in the same role was necessary (as training would be provided regardless), the person who they hired had Accor Hotel experience.