Accountemps Accountant Interview Questions

Updated Mar 15, 2015

2.4

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Iowa City, IA

Application

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Accountemps (Iowa City, IA) in January 2015.

Interview

The recruiter just went through my resume and asked a lot of details questions based on my personal experience. It was quite easy if you did do something significant in your past experience. Also, she asked me why I was interested in doing Finance/Accounting work.

Interview Questions

• Went through resume and why are you interested in doing Finance/Accounting work?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Accountemps

Accounting Interview

Interview

They called me based on resume on Career Builder. I had an interview with a consultant and now I check in once a week to let them know I am available for work.

Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Accountemps (Minneapolis, MN) in October 2014.

Interview

Submitted application online. Got a call from a recruiter to come into office for in person interview. Easy interview. Lasted approximately 30 minutes. Was asked to discuss my resume and excel skills. They asked me to complete online application screening tool and W4 paper work because they placed quickly. Project I was offered was very entry level, pay was very low, and hours were 4pm to midnight. They would not reveal the client. Kept getting calls and emails from recruiter. They did not come back with any other opportunities.

Interview Questions

The job offer and pay was too entry level. I had a graduate degree in accounting, and expected something more in line with my experience than entry level book keeping.

Accountant Interview

Interview

Called them to set up a time to meet. Filled out paperwork for 20 minutes. Interview was about 29 minutes Just like a regular interview. Looked over my resume. Asked me to give a brief overview of what I did. I was to still look for jobs but to update them on who I sent resumes to.

Interview Questions

• Questions were on my work experience and what my hourly rate would be.   Answer Question

Accountant Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Accountemps in August 2014.

Interview

applied online, phone interview, Filled out paperworks, a regular interview. Looked over my resume. Asked me to give a brief overview of what I did. No difficult questions were asked during the interview. No unexpected questions come to mind.

Accountant Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Accountemps.

Interview

The interview didn't surprise me much. The interview paperwork took about a half hour to complete and then they asked me to "Tell me about yourself." Then again, they never got back to me about temporary work. They told me that there was no work available yet. I have a degree in accounting and they said that there was no work.

Accountant Interview

Interview

I received a call to set up an onsite interview. When I arrived, I filled in a number of documents including tax, personal information, references and etc. The interview last less than 20 minutes and generally went through the resume.

Interview Questions

• nothing unexpected, most are general behavioral questions   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Accountemps (San Antonio, TX) in January 2014.

Interview

I called to schedule an appointment with them after I applied online. I went in for the interview and testing the following week. I did well on the testing and was told to call back weekly. I would like to add though that some of the recruiters there are the biggest liars. One recruiter told me that she had been a controller. That's actually laughable. I guess she decided to take a step down just to become a recruiter. She also had the nerve to ask me if I would consider going back to school for a BA in Accounting. I have a Master of Science in Accounting. That just makes no sense to me. Fake promises and lies is usually what you get from them. They spend all this time asking questions just to disregard everything you tell them you are looking for. I was offered a job paying significantly less than what I told them was my minimum. Thanks, but no thanks. Unless, you're desperate, do not use these people. They also want you to tell them everyone that you're interviewing and applying with. They claim this is so they can help you...yeah, right!

It payed significantly less than my minimum and was only a temp assignment.

Anonymous Employee in Woodland Hills, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Accountemps (Woodland Hills, CA) in October 2013.

Interview

Email followed by an online assessment followed by an in person interview.

Interview Questions

• No difficult or unexpected questions were asked.   1 Answer

Pay was too low

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Eugene, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Accountemps (Eugene, OR) in June 2013.

Interview

Applied to a job on Craigslist which ended up being through Accountemps - they called and scheduled an interview. The interview was fairly informal - basically just informational to get to know me and what kind of job I was searching for. It lasted maybe 15 minutes. They had me fill out employment papers and found a job for me within a week.

Interview Questions

• There was nothing difficult about the interview at all.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I told them the salary I desired and they negotiated it with the employer.