Accountemps Accountant Interview Questions

Updated Jul 27, 2015

2.3

Anonymous Employee in Oakland, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Accountemps (Oakland, CA) in July 2015.

Interview

Very basic interview. The recruiter just asked questions about the work experience listed on my resume. Next I was just asked about how much I was looking to get paid. As an entry level accountant, I said $18-20/hour but was told that realistically it would be somewhere around $15/hour to begin with.

Interview Questions

• How much are you looking to get paid?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Accountemps

Anonymous Employee in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Accountemps (Columbus, OH) in June 2015.

Interview

Got a call for an interview in their regional office. Filled out some paper works and then had a brief conversation with the agent. Was asked some basic interview questions such as what's your strengths and weaknesses.They told me that they will contact me when they found opportunities that match my qualifications. Did receive few calls from them but no further results.

Anonymous Employee in Mansfield, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Accountemps (Mansfield, OH) in April 2015.

Interview

I was offered a Skype Interview. Since I live about 50 miles away from the Accountemps office, this was an appreciated off from them. I felt comfortable with this process because I was still able to see my interviewer but did not have to travel the distance to see them in person.

Interview Questions

It was only a 2 month assignment and I was not willing to give up my part time job for a temporary assignment.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Iowa City, IA

Application

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Accountemps (Iowa City, IA) in January 2015.

Interview

The recruiter just went through my resume and asked a lot of details questions based on my personal experience. It was quite easy if you did do something significant in your past experience. Also, she asked me why I was interested in doing Finance/Accounting work.

Interview Questions

• Went through resume and why are you interested in doing Finance/Accounting work?   Answer Question

Accounting Interview

Interview

They called me based on resume on Career Builder. I had an interview with a consultant and now I check in once a week to let them know I am available for work.

Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Accountemps (Minneapolis, MN) in October 2014.

Interview

Submitted application online. Got a call from a recruiter to come into office for in person interview. Easy interview. Lasted approximately 30 minutes. Was asked to discuss my resume and excel skills. They asked me to complete online application screening tool and W4 paper work because they placed quickly. Project I was offered was very entry level, pay was very low, and hours were 4pm to midnight. They would not reveal the client. Kept getting calls and emails from recruiter. They did not come back with any other opportunities.

Interview Questions

The job offer and pay was too entry level. I had a graduate degree in accounting, and expected something more in line with my experience than entry level book keeping.

Accountant Interview

Interview

Called them to set up a time to meet. Filled out paperwork for 20 minutes. Interview was about 29 minutes Just like a regular interview. Looked over my resume. Asked me to give a brief overview of what I did. I was to still look for jobs but to update them on who I sent resumes to.

Interview Questions

• Questions were on my work experience and what my hourly rate would be.   Answer Question

Accountant Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Accountemps in August 2014.

Interview

applied online, phone interview, Filled out paperworks, a regular interview. Looked over my resume. Asked me to give a brief overview of what I did. No difficult questions were asked during the interview. No unexpected questions come to mind.

Accountant Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Accountemps.

Interview

The interview didn't surprise me much. The interview paperwork took about a half hour to complete and then they asked me to "Tell me about yourself." Then again, they never got back to me about temporary work. They told me that there was no work available yet. I have a degree in accounting and they said that there was no work.

Accountant Interview

Interview

I received a call to set up an onsite interview. When I arrived, I filled in a number of documents including tax, personal information, references and etc. The interview last less than 20 minutes and generally went through the resume.

Interview Questions

• nothing unexpected, most are general behavioral questions   Answer Question