Accountemps Accountant Interview Questions

Updated Aug 15, 2014

2.4

16 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Accountant Interview

I applied online - interviewed at Accountemps in August 2014.

applied online, phone interview, Filled out paperworks, a regular interview. Looked over my resume. Asked me to give a brief overview of what I did. No difficult questions were asked during the interview. No unexpected questions come to mind.

Other Interview Reviews for Accountemps

Accountant Interview

Called them to set up a time to meet. Filled out paperwork for 20 minutes. Interview was about 29 minutes Just like a regular interview. Looked over my resume. Asked me to give a brief overview of what I did. I was to still look for jobs but to update them on who I sent resumes to.

Interview Questions
    • Questions were on my work experience and what my hourly rate would be.   Answer Question

Accountant Interview

I applied online - interviewed at Accountemps.

The interview didn't surprise me much. The interview paperwork took about a half hour to complete and then they asked me to "Tell me about yourself." Then again, they never got back to me about temporary work. They told me that there was no work available yet. I have a degree in accounting and they said that there was no work.

Accountant Interview

I received a call to set up an onsite interview. When I arrived, I filled in a number of documents including tax, personal information, references and etc. The interview last less than 20 minutes and generally went through the resume.

Interview Questions
    • nothing unexpected, most are general behavioral questions   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  San Antonio, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Accountemps in January 2014.

I called to schedule an appointment with them after I applied online. I went in for the interview and testing the following week. I did well on the testing and was told to call back weekly. I would like to add though that some of the recruiters there are the biggest liars. One recruiter told me that she had been a controller. That's actually laughable. I guess she decided to take a step down just to become a recruiter. She also had the nerve to ask me if I would consider going back to school for a BA in Accounting. I have a Master of Science in Accounting. That just makes no sense to me. Fake promises and lies is usually what you get from them. They spend all this time asking questions just to disregard everything you tell them you are looking for. I was offered a job paying significantly less than what I told them was my minimum. Thanks, but no thanks. Unless, you're desperate, do not use these people. They also want you to tell them everyone that you're interviewing and applying with. They claim this is so they can help you...yeah, right!

It payed significantly less than my minimum and was only a temp assignment.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Eugene, OR
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Eugene, OR

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Accountemps in June 2013.

Applied to a job on Craigslist which ended up being through Accountemps - they called and scheduled an interview. The interview was fairly informal - basically just informational to get to know me and what kind of job I was searching for. It lasted maybe 15 minutes. They had me fill out employment papers and found a job for me within a week.

Interview Questions
    • There was nothing difficult about the interview at all.   Answer Question
    I told them the salary I desired and they negotiated it with the employer.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Woodland Hills, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Woodland Hills, CA

I applied online. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Accountemps in October 2013.

Email followed by an online assessment followed by an in person interview.

Interview Questions
    • No difficult or unexpected questions were asked.   View Answer

Pay was too low

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Cambridge, MA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cambridge, MA

I applied through a staffing agency - interviewed at Accountemps in June 2012.

1:1 interview, I was surprised that I did not get any skills test, nor were I told that I would have to take one before the interview. The interview is easy, they just want to know about your background and they take notes on your resume. When I asked them if they have any jobs opening at this time, they said no, which was different from what I heard from the voice mail. It raised my doubt that they just want to add you into their candidate pool, plus, I never heard from my interviewer anymore after that, though I have tried to call them many times.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Pittsburgh, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

I applied online. The process took a day - interviewed at Accountemps in May 2012.

Recruiting contact was very friendly. Questions from applicant were answered efficiently. Job position was described thoroughly.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Vienna, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vienna, VA

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Accountemps in July 2011.

Accountemps has a pretty good hiring process. I definitely did very well on all the tests and interview questions. It was pretty thorough and the staffing managers have the routine down to a science. The interview was not at all rushed and was considerate of my scheduling needs. The organization among staff members is excellent from the receptionist to the staffing managers that interview you. The computers that you test on are easy to use and have the same features you would expect in an office setting.

Interview Questions
    • Why do you want to work as a temp?   View Answer
    • Would you be willing to work in a non-permanent position, if offered?   View Answer

I chose to decline the offer because I was "undersold". The staffing manager presented me with "opportunities" that wouldn't even cover my cost of commuting to them. For the area (Washington DC metro), the opportunities are really limited as far as income goes. I suspect this has something to do with commission rates, but most people in this profession have student loans and cost of living to consider. For the accounting profession, I found the offers to be really low on the salary side. Ranging from $12 for basic AP/AR positions and $16 for mid-career positions. It's not nearly enough for a seasoned professional with college education and several years experience. I understand that Accountemps is making money by assisting their clients in job searches, but this seems to be a little extreme. I accepted another offer with a staffing firm that gave me 30% more money for the same positions.

Worked for Accountemps? Contribute to the Community!