Accountemps

Getting the Interview

12 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

San Antonio, TX

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Accountemps in January 2014.

Interview Details – I called to schedule an appointment with them after I applied online. I went in for the interview and testing the following week. I did well on the testing and was told to call back weekly. I would like to add though that some of the recruiters there are the biggest liars. One recruiter told me that she had been a controller. That's actually laughable. I guess she decided to take a step down just to become a recruiter. She also had the nerve to ask me if I would consider going back to school for a BA in Accounting. I have a Master of Science in Accounting. That just makes no sense to me. Fake promises and lies is usually what you get from them. They spend all this time asking questions just to disregard everything you tell them you are looking for. I was offered a job paying significantly less than what I told them was my minimum. Thanks, but no thanks. Unless, you're desperate, do not use these people. They also want you to tell them everyone that you're interviewing and applying with. They claim this is so they can help you...yeah, right!

Reason for Declining – It payed significantly less than my minimum and was only a temp assignment.

Very Easy Interview

Eugene, OR

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Accountemps in June 2013.

Interview Details – Applied to a job on Craigslist which ended up being through Accountemps - they called and scheduled an interview. The interview was fairly informal - basically just informational to get to know me and what kind of job I was searching for. It lasted maybe 15 minutes. They had me fill out employment papers and found a job for me within a week.

Interview Question – There was nothing difficult about the interview at all.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I told them the salary I desired and they negotiated it with the employer.

Woodland Hills, CA

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Accountemps in October 2013.

Interview Details – Email followed by an online assessment followed by an in person interview.

Interview Question – No difficult or unexpected questions were asked.   View Answer

Reason for Declining – Pay was too low

Very Easy Interview

Accountant Interview

Accountant
Cambridge, MA

I applied through a staffing agency - interviewed at Accountemps in June 2012.

Interview Details – 1:1 interview, I was surprised that I did not get any skills test, nor were I told that I would have to take one before the interview. The interview is easy, they just want to know about your background and they take notes on your resume. When I asked them if they have any jobs opening at this time, they said no, which was different from what I heard from the voice mail. It raised my doubt that they just want to add you into their candidate pool, plus, I never heard from my interviewer anymore after that, though I have tried to call them many times.

Interview Question – What kind of job you are looking for   Answer Question

Accountant Interview

Accountant
Pittsburgh, PA

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Accountemps in May 2012.

Interview Details – Recruiting contact was very friendly. Questions from applicant were answered efficiently. Job position was described thoroughly.

Vienna, VA

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Accountemps in July 2011.

Interview Details – Accountemps has a pretty good hiring process. I definitely did very well on all the tests and interview questions. It was pretty thorough and the staffing managers have the routine down to a science. The interview was not at all rushed and was considerate of my scheduling needs. The organization among staff members is excellent from the receptionist to the staffing managers that interview you. The computers that you test on are easy to use and have the same features you would expect in an office setting.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work as a temp?   View Answer
  • Would you be willing to work in a non-permanent position, if offered?   View Answer

Reason for Declining – I chose to decline the offer because I was "undersold". The staffing manager presented me with "opportunities" that wouldn't even cover my cost of commuting to them. For the area (Washington DC metro), the opportunities are really limited as far as income goes. I suspect this has something to do with commission rates, but most people in this profession have student loans and cost of living to consider. For the accounting profession, I found the offers to be really low on the salary side. Ranging from $12 for basic AP/AR positions and $16 for mid-career positions. It's not nearly enough for a seasoned professional with college education and several years experience. I understand that Accountemps is making money by assisting their clients in job searches, but this seems to be a little extreme. I accepted another offer with a staffing firm that gave me 30% more money for the same positions.

Macon, GA

The process took 6 days - interviewed at Accountemps in November 2011.

Interview Details – Contacted by them after seeing my resume online. Talked on the phone and was asked a few questions like, what are your specialties and what I was looking for in a new job. Asked me to come in and meet with the manager. Before meeting with the manager had to fill out a lengthy application and a couple applications on the computer. Finally met with manager and mostly questions about what I was looking for in a job and what I had done in the past. Ended with telling me I was "over qualified" for everything they currently had but if they had a higher level job come up they would call me.

Boulder, CO

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Accountemps in April 2011.

Interview Details – I applied for a position in the accounting field on line. Accountemps called me the next day and set up an interview with me within a couple hours. I went into their office and was tested on my accounting knowledge and skills as well as my computer skills. They then had me interview with two recruiting agents to see which position I would best be qualified for. This took approximately 2 hours to complete this process. They then gave me a temporary assignment which I went to and started working there the following business day.

Interview Question – What salary was I expecting to receive.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – They did not have any position open in the field I was applying for, however they were able to put me into a temporary position right away. This way I was able to begin making money right and that would hold me over until the right Position for me became available. It was a pleasant experience and I appreciated the work.

Los Angeles, CA

The process took 5 days - interviewed at Accountemps in October 2011.

Interview Details – Was told to fill out forms while waiting to meet the recruiter. People there were very nice and answered any questions I had. After interview, had to take an assessment with Excel, Word, Quickbooks.

Interview Question – What is your biggest weakness?   Answer Question

New York, NY

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Accountemps in June 2011.

Interview Details – Asked question about my background, what I am looking for, and what my strengths are.

Interview Question – Why should I hire you?   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Accountemps

Worked for Accountemps? Contribute to the Community!

Accountemps Videos

Accountemps – Why Work for Us?

Accountemps is the world's first and largest specialized temp agency for accounting, finance and bookkeeping professionals. Our temporary staffing solutions connect highly skilled professionals with the best companies… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Accountemps Accounting interview questions and advice. All 12 interview reviews posted anonymously by Accountemps employees and interview candidates.