Accountemps

88 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Bookkeeper Interview

Bookkeeper

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Accountemps.

Interview Details – I applied online and contacted them shortly after. I was told to come in for an interview. I dressed professionally and brought 2 forms of id and my resume, as I was told to.

Interview Question – Explain the accounting process.   Answer Question

Accounting Clerk Interview

Accounting Clerk

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Accountemps in March 2011.

Interview Details – Interview process was very thorough. Company ask detail question about your previous employers, positions held and duties. Skill test are given to assess your abilities. The process is fairly quick if there is a need for your skill set immediately.

Interview Question – All questions are normal interview questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Negotiate pay, know what your experience is worth. Don't settle for what is offered.

Accountant Interview

Accountant

I applied online and interviewed at Accountemps.

Interview Details – The interview didn't surprise me much. The interview paperwork took about a half hour to complete and then they asked me to "Tell me about yourself." Then again, they never got back to me about temporary work. They told me that there was no work available yet. I have a degree in accounting and they said that there was no work.

Interview Question – Tell me about a time when you had to multitask.   Answer Question

Temporary Accountant Interview

Temporary Accountant
King of Prussia, PA

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Accountemps.

Interview Details – Applied on-line. Took the battery of skills tests and ranked in the high 90th percentile. As background, I have a B.A. in Finance, and an M.B.A. in Accounting. I spoke with a recruiter in the Wilmington, DE, office and I was told that the positions I applied for on-line were already filled and they have very specific requirements for the jobs they fill and that I didn't meet them. (Apparently an M.B.A. in Accounting isn't specific enough for a temporary staff accountant position.) When I asked for more specificity about what credentials/experience/skills I was lacking the recruiter could not provide an answer.

Thinking that perhaps I had the misfortune to connect with a recruiter who was not particularly adept at evaluations I called the King of Prussia office and left a voicemail. I did not receive a call back but I did receive an email stating that the jobs I had applied for were all filled (and are currently still on the Accountemps website as open). I was also told via that same email that I should not consider Accountemps as a "resource" for me in finding employment. Basically? I was told to get lost.

What I took away from this experience was that the blow-off I experienced in the Wilmington office was not unique to the way experienced candidates are handled when they apply for positions with this company.

Interview Question – The interviewer didn't ask any questions. I was lectured to as to why I did not match any of their open positions.   Answer Question

Senior Accountant--Salaried Professional Interview

Senior Accountant--Salaried Professional
Denver, CO

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Accountemps in November 2010.

Interview Details – I was sought out for the SPS program. This is a program where you become an employee of RHI with full benefits. Interview was straight forward. Hard part was determining industries and geographic location willing to travel.

Interview Question – There really wasn't one. The most challenging aspect is targeting which industries you are best suited to work in.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – You learn to play poker. It is hard ball negotiation.

General Interview

General

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Accountemps.

Interview Details – I met with three different people on the first day, then met with another individual on another day. The person on the second day was 30 minutes late, which was frustrating. This person was also quite unprofessional and had seemed to have never even reviewed my resume prior to meeting. I was a waste of time for the most part.

Interview Question – All questions were about my previous work experience. The most difficult questions related to my goals and future career aspirations, primarily because I am uncertain!   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – I wasn't interested in working for a temp agency.

Very Easy Interview

Accountant Interview

Accountant

Interviewed at Accountemps

Interview Details – I received a call to set up an onsite interview. When I arrived, I filled in a number of documents including tax, personal information, references and etc. The interview last less than 20 minutes and generally went through the resume.

Interview Question – nothing unexpected, most are general behavioral questions   Answer Question

Senior Accountant--Salaried Professional Interview

Senior Accountant--Salaried Professional
Houston, TX

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Accountemps in November 2012.

Interview Details – Interviewed for temp to hire position. I was brought in for more interviews with several different people. These positions often pay less than you could make working at a company. However, you get a much greater variety of work. The main thing is whether you can make it on the lower salary.

Interview Question – How do you handle working with a difficult person?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Based on salary guide for where I lived. I would suggest negotiating using salaries in the mid-range.

Office Manager Interview

Office Manager
Long Beach, CA

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Accountemps in March 2013.

Interview Details – The hiring process started easily enough. I got a phone call from one of their recruiters. She was very pleasant and made me feel at home. She sent me an email with a link to some application to fill out online. Instead of testing your skills in the office like they used to, they now allow you to take the typing and ten-key tests from your home. You are also given a word test and and excel test. The Excel test was the dumbest one I have ever taken. All of the questions are outdated and the way they want you to problem solve is not how anyone works with excel. For example, one of the questions asked you to perform the task of adding together several columns and getting a total but without using the automatic formula part of Excel. Who does that?

Interview Question – Where do you see yourself in five years?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiation phase. I told them what I was interested in making.

Very Easy Interview

Temp Staff Interview

Temp Staff
Indianapolis, IN

I applied through college or university - interviewed at Accountemps in March 2010.

Interview Details – I Interviewed by taking an onsite exam. I was rushed and later had to wait for 3 years before getting a call out of the blue for an assignment. I can't recall any question.

Negotiation Details – None, it was a take it or leave it case. I was desperate and needed something and so I had to take.

Worked for Accountemps? Contribute to the Community!