Accountemps Interview Questions

Updated Oct 11, 2014
Updated Oct 11, 2014

2.1

Data Entry Interview

Interview was extremely pleasant. The recruiters are very busy however and try to make it as short as possible.

Staff Accountant Interview

Responded to an ad for Staff Accountant and was contacted by a recruiter. I was interviewed by the recruiter and given several assessment tests.

Accounting Clerk Interview

I applied online for an accounting clerk position and I received a call a couple of days later. The phone call was about what I was looking for and scheduled a day for me to come in. It was very short and simple. The day before my in person interview I received an email regarding skills test on A/P, A/R, and excel. They were timed but no time limit and were all multiple choice. I went in the next day and the recruiter and I basically went through my resume and asked about specifics of my situation such as when am I available, desired pay, etc. After the interview he introduced me to another recruiter because they had a job that just came up that they believed would be perfect for me but they never contacted me back about it

Interview Questions
    • Nothing unexpected. Just asked me to explain different things on my resume   Answer Question

Temp Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hauppauge, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hauppauge, NY

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Accountemps in July 2013.

I was scheduled for 11. I arrived 15 minutes early, and the desk attendant had me fill out some professional skills questionnaire on a computer. Then by the time 11 came around, Instead of meeting a person to talk to about accountemps; the attendant gave me a big stack of papers to sign, social security numbers and legal consent forms. I was taken aback by this, and decided this was not what I wanted to do.

Accounting Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Woodland Hills, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Woodland Hills, CA

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Accountemps in October 2013.

Email followed by an online assessment followed by an in person interview.

Interview Questions
    • No difficult or unexpected questions were asked.   View Answer

Pay was too low

Accounting Clerk Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Accountemps.

It was good.

General Interview

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Accountemps.

I met with three different people on the first day, then met with another individual on another day. The person on the second day was 30 minutes late, which was frustrating. This person was also quite unprofessional and had seemed to have never even reviewed my resume prior to meeting. I was a waste of time for the most part.

Interview Questions
    • All questions were about my previous work experience. The most difficult questions related to my goals and future career aspirations, primarily because I am uncertain!   Answer Question

I wasn't interested in working for a temp agency.

Temporary Accountant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in King of Prussia, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in King of Prussia, PA

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Accountemps.

Applied on-line. Took the battery of skills tests and ranked in the high 90th percentile. As background, I have a B.A. in Finance, and an M.B.A. in Accounting. I spoke with a recruiter in the Wilmington, DE, office and I was told that the positions I applied for on-line were already filled and they have very specific requirements for the jobs they fill and that I didn't meet them. (Apparently an M.B.A. in Accounting isn't specific enough for a temporary staff accountant position.) When I asked for more specificity about what credentials/experience/skills I was lacking the recruiter could not provide an answer.

Thinking that perhaps I had the misfortune to connect with a recruiter who was not particularly adept at evaluations I called the King of Prussia office and left a voicemail. I did not receive a call back but I did receive an email stating that the jobs I had applied for were all filled (and are currently still on the Accountemps website as open). I was also told via that same email that I should not consider Accountemps as a "resource" for me in finding employment. Basically? I was told to get lost.

What I took away from this experience was that the blow-off I experienced in the Wilmington office was not unique to the way experienced candidates are handled when they apply for positions with this company.

Interview Questions
    • The interviewer didn't ask any questions. I was lectured to as to why I did not match any of their open positions.   Answer Question

Accountant Interview

Called them to set up a time to meet. Filled out paperwork for 20 minutes. Interview was about 29 minutes Just like a regular interview. Looked over my resume. Asked me to give a brief overview of what I did. I was to still look for jobs but to update them on who I sent resumes to.

Interview Questions
    • Questions were on my work experience and what my hourly rate would be.   Answer Question

Temporary Accounting Position Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Accountemps.

Simply signed some forms, and answered some questions about the resume. They tried to find temporary positions for candidate who went througn the process, but no guarantee that there would be suitable position. Resume will be kept on file for 6 months.