Accountemps

2.1

Data Entry Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

I applied online – interviewed at Accountemps in August 2014.

Skills tests and interview were good. Fist there was a phone interview and then went in for a sit down interview. Took the skills test at the same time.

No negotiation.

Staffing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Accountemps in August 2014.

I was interviewed by a division director, who referred me to the branch manager. She called to bring me back in, and I met with two more division managers and a regional manager, and shadowed a division director for a half hour. I was called back the next week and for a third round, and I met with the regional manager and branch manager again, then received an offer via telephone the next day.

The interviews were straightforward, no tricky questions.

Interview Questions
    You could negotiate, but I chose not to, because you have to cover your base salary to earn commissions.

Bookkeeper Interview

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a weekinterviewed at Accountemps.

I applied online and contacted them shortly after. I was told to come in for an interview. I dressed professionally and brought 2 forms of id and my resume, as I was told to.

Accountant Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Accountemps.

The interview didn't surprise me much. The interview paperwork took about a half hour to complete and then they asked me to "Tell me about yourself." Then again, they never got back to me about temporary work. They told me that there was no work available yet. I have a degree in accounting and they said that there was no work.

Temporary Accountant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in King of Prussia, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in King of Prussia, PA

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Accountemps.

Applied on-line. Took the battery of skills tests and ranked in the high 90th percentile. As background, I have a B.A. in Finance, and an M.B.A. in Accounting. I spoke with a recruiter in the Wilmington, DE, office and I was told that the positions I applied for on-line were already filled and they have very specific requirements for the jobs they fill and that I didn't meet them. (Apparently an M.B.A. in Accounting isn't specific enough for a temporary staff accountant position.) When I asked for more specificity about what credentials/experience/skills I was lacking the recruiter could not provide an answer.

Thinking that perhaps I had the misfortune to connect with a recruiter who was not particularly adept at evaluations I called the King of Prussia office and left a voicemail. I did not receive a call back but I did receive an email stating that the jobs I had applied for were all filled (and are currently still on the Accountemps website as open). I was also told via that same email that I should not consider Accountemps as a "resource" for me in finding employment. Basically? I was told to get lost.

What I took away from this experience was that the blow-off I experienced in the Wilmington office was not unique to the way experienced candidates are handled when they apply for positions with this company.

Interview Questions
    • The interviewer didn't ask any questions. I was lectured to as to why I did not match any of their open positions.   Answer Question

General Interview

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Accountemps.

I met with three different people on the first day, then met with another individual on another day. The person on the second day was 30 minutes late, which was frustrating. This person was also quite unprofessional and had seemed to have never even reviewed my resume prior to meeting. I was a waste of time for the most part.

Interview Questions
    • All questions were about my previous work experience. The most difficult questions related to my goals and future career aspirations, primarily because I am uncertain!   Answer Question

I wasn't interested in working for a temp agency.

Accountant Interview

I received a call to set up an onsite interview. When I arrived, I filled in a number of documents including tax, personal information, references and etc. The interview last less than 20 minutes and generally went through the resume.

Interview Questions
    • nothing unexpected, most are general behavioral questions   Answer Question

Data Entry Clerk Interview

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Accountemps in April 2014.

Got a phone call from a recruiter for a temporary position. Behavioral questions about your interests and tell us more about yourself. Some questions are about what is written in your resume and experiences are very important.

Interview Questions
    • What are your future goals in life? Tell me a situation where you have a problem that needs to be resolved right away.   Answer Question
    Depends on your experience. Starting salary for entry level between $12-18 an hour.

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brandon, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brandon, FL

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Accountemps in February 2014.

The interview was great! It was a wonderful chat with the recruiters about my experience and my future goals.

Accounting Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Accountemps in January 2014.

I called to schedule an appointment with them after I applied online. I went in for the interview and testing the following week. I did well on the testing and was told to call back weekly. I would like to add though that some of the recruiters there are the biggest liars. One recruiter told me that she had been a controller. That's actually laughable. I guess she decided to take a step down just to become a recruiter. She also had the nerve to ask me if I would consider going back to school for a BA in Accounting. I have a Master of Science in Accounting. That just makes no sense to me. Fake promises and lies is usually what you get from them. They spend all this time asking questions just to disregard everything you tell them you are looking for. I was offered a job paying significantly less than what I told them was my minimum. Thanks, but no thanks. Unless, you're desperate, do not use these people. They also want you to tell them everyone that you're interviewing and applying with. They claim this is so they can help you...yeah, right!

It payed significantly less than my minimum and was only a temp assignment.