Accountemps Interview Questions

Updated Sep 12, 2014
Updated Sep 12, 2014

2.1

General Interview

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Accountemps.

I met with three different people on the first day, then met with another individual on another day. The person on the second day was 30 minutes late, which was frustrating. This person was also quite unprofessional and had seemed to have never even reviewed my resume prior to meeting. I was a waste of time for the most part.

Interview Questions
    • All questions were about my previous work experience. The most difficult questions related to my goals and future career aspirations, primarily because I am uncertain!   Answer Question

I wasn't interested in working for a temp agency.

Accountant Interview

I received a call to set up an onsite interview. When I arrived, I filled in a number of documents including tax, personal information, references and etc. The interview last less than 20 minutes and generally went through the resume.

Interview Questions
    • nothing unexpected, most are general behavioral questions   Answer Question

Senior Accountant--Salaried Professional Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Houston, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Accountemps in November 2012.

Interviewed for temp to hire position. I was brought in for more interviews with several different people. These positions often pay less than you could make working at a company. However, you get a much greater variety of work. The main thing is whether you can make it on the lower salary.

Interview Questions
    Based on salary guide for where I lived. I would suggest negotiating using salaries in the mid-range.

Office Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Long Beach, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Long Beach, CA

I applied online. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Accountemps in March 2013.

The hiring process started easily enough. I got a phone call from one of their recruiters. She was very pleasant and made me feel at home. She sent me an email with a link to some application to fill out online. Instead of testing your skills in the office like they used to, they now allow you to take the typing and ten-key tests from your home. You are also given a word test and and excel test. The Excel test was the dumbest one I have ever taken. All of the questions are outdated and the way they want you to problem solve is not how anyone works with excel. For example, one of the questions asked you to perform the task of adding together several columns and getting a total but without using the automatic formula part of Excel. Who does that?

Interview Questions
    • Where do you see yourself in five years?   View Answer
    There was no negotiation phase. I told them what I was interested in making.

Temp Staff Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Indianapolis, IN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Indianapolis, IN

I applied through college or university - interviewed at Accountemps in March 2010.

I Interviewed by taking an onsite exam. I was rushed and later had to wait for 3 years before getting a call out of the blue for an assignment. I can't recall any question.

None, it was a take it or leave it case. I was desperate and needed something and so I had to take.

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Tinley Park, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tinley Park, IL

I applied online. The process took 3 days - interviewed at Accountemps in September 2012.

Forwarded a resume online. Received a call requesting an interview. Asked to do a skills test online prior to interview which included a personality test. Waited in busy lobby full of potential candidates (temps) also waiting to interview /register for the service. Interview was a review of my test results and resume.I was told I scored well and my resume looked good. I also was told I would be contacted when a position that matched my skills was available. I was never contacted again

Interview Questions
    • No difficult questions were asked during the interview. Some difficult questions/ skills were requested during the online testing. Nothing outside of my abilities or the average person with Microsoft Office skills and common sense.   View Answer

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Brandon, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brandon, FL

I applied online. The process took a day - interviewed at Accountemps in February 2014.

The interview was great! It was a wonderful chat with the recruiters about my experience and my future goals.

Accounting Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  San Antonio, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Accountemps in January 2014.

I called to schedule an appointment with them after I applied online. I went in for the interview and testing the following week. I did well on the testing and was told to call back weekly. I would like to add though that some of the recruiters there are the biggest liars. One recruiter told me that she had been a controller. That's actually laughable. I guess she decided to take a step down just to become a recruiter. She also had the nerve to ask me if I would consider going back to school for a BA in Accounting. I have a Master of Science in Accounting. That just makes no sense to me. Fake promises and lies is usually what you get from them. They spend all this time asking questions just to disregard everything you tell them you are looking for. I was offered a job paying significantly less than what I told them was my minimum. Thanks, but no thanks. Unless, you're desperate, do not use these people. They also want you to tell them everyone that you're interviewing and applying with. They claim this is so they can help you...yeah, right!

It payed significantly less than my minimum and was only a temp assignment.

Accounts Payable Clerk Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 days - interviewed at Accountemps in January 2014.

Easy very professional. Discussed tests and salary.

Accounting Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Eugene, OR
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Eugene, OR

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Accountemps in June 2013.

Applied to a job on Craigslist which ended up being through Accountemps - they called and scheduled an interview. The interview was fairly informal - basically just informational to get to know me and what kind of job I was searching for. It lasted maybe 15 minutes. They had me fill out employment papers and found a job for me within a week.

Interview Questions
    • There was nothing difficult about the interview at all.   Answer Question
    I told them the salary I desired and they negotiated it with the employer.