Accountemps

Updated Feb 9, 2015
Updated Feb 9, 2015

2.1

Data Entry Clerk Interview

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Accountemps in April 2014.

Got a phone call from a recruiter for a temporary position. Behavioral questions about your interests and tell us more about yourself. Some questions are about what is written in your resume and experiences are very important.

Interview Questions
    • What are your future goals in life? Tell me a situation where you have a problem that needs to be resolved right away.   Answer Question
    Depends on your experience. Starting salary for entry level between $12-18 an hour.

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brandon, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brandon, FL

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Accountemps in February 2014.

The interview was great! It was a wonderful chat with the recruiters about my experience and my future goals.

Accounting Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Antonio, TX
    Anonymous Employee in San Antonio, TX

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Accountemps in January 2014.

I called to schedule an appointment with them after I applied online. I went in for the interview and testing the following week. I did well on the testing and was told to call back weekly. I would like to add though that some of the recruiters there are the biggest liars. One recruiter told me that she had been a controller. That's actually laughable. I guess she decided to take a step down just to become a recruiter. She also had the nerve to ask me if I would consider going back to school for a BA in Accounting. I have a Master of Science in Accounting. That just makes no sense to me. Fake promises and lies is usually what you get from them. They spend all this time asking questions just to disregard everything you tell them you are looking for. I was offered a job paying significantly less than what I told them was my minimum. Thanks, but no thanks. Unless, you're desperate, do not use these people. They also want you to tell them everyone that you're interviewing and applying with. They claim this is so they can help you...yeah, right!

It payed significantly less than my minimum and was only a temp assignment.

Accounts Payable Clerk Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Accountemps in January 2014.

Easy very professional. Discussed tests and salary.

Accounting Clerk Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cleveland, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cleveland, OH

I applied online – interviewed at Accountemps in January 2014.

It's all about justifying the low hourly rate they will give you. They are not concerned with finding the right assignment for you or providing a 'living wage' or a good fit or future prospect of permanent position. All about their sales commission.

Interview Questions
    • What's the least amount you will accept for an assignment.   View Answer

Staff Accountant Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Accountemps.

Recruiter had not even looked at my resume when he walked into the room.

Not a quality company.

Staffing Manager Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Accountemps.

I interviewed over a 2 week period after basic emails and phone calls. I met with 3 people for the first interview, a panel for the 2nd interview, and the director for a third interview. After about another week of silence, I got a phone call with an offer. I thought they were very nice and that the office was professional.

Interview Questions
    • The questions were typical behavioral questions--what would you do in this situation or that; how did you deal with an angry person on the phone. No unexpected questions come to mind.   View Answer
    I negotiated for a little higher than what they initially quoted.

Accounting Interview

Anonymous Employee in Woodland Hills, CA
    Anonymous Employee in Woodland Hills, CA

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Accountemps in October 2013.

Email followed by an online assessment followed by an in person interview.

Interview Questions
    • No difficult or unexpected questions were asked.   View Answer

Pay was too low

Temp Or Temp-to-Hire Positions Interview

Anonymous Employee in Irvine, CA
    Anonymous Employee in Irvine, CA

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Accountemps in September 2013.

If you've ever worked with a Temp agency, the procedures are pretty standard - complete application, submit resume and references. Read and sign a packet of documents, and tax form and complete a set of their computerized skills tests. Thereafter, meet with a staffing agent to review your experience and discuss what and where you'll be paid.

Interview Questions
    • How much are you willing to accept a job for? What is the lowest you take?   View Answer

Temporary Position Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hartford, CT
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hartford, CT

I applied through other source. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Accountemps in September 2013.

Lot of paper work to fill out when you get there. One on one interview with one of the staffing managers. You will go over your assessment scores and talk about positions you are interested in.

Interview Questions
    Be reasonable, but do not settle if you feel like you qualify for more that is being offered.