Accountemps Interview Questions

2.1

Data Entry Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

I applied online – interviewed at Accountemps in August 2014.

Skills tests and interview were good. Fist there was a phone interview and then went in for a sit down interview. Took the skills test at the same time.

No negotiation.

Accountant Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Accountemps in August 2014.

applied online, phone interview, Filled out paperworks, a regular interview. Looked over my resume. Asked me to give a brief overview of what I did. No difficult questions were asked during the interview. No unexpected questions come to mind.

Bookkeeper Interview

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a weekinterviewed at Accountemps.

I applied online and contacted them shortly after. I was told to come in for an interview. I dressed professionally and brought 2 forms of id and my resume, as I was told to.

Accountant Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Accountemps.

The interview didn't surprise me much. The interview paperwork took about a half hour to complete and then they asked me to "Tell me about yourself." Then again, they never got back to me about temporary work. They told me that there was no work available yet. I have a degree in accounting and they said that there was no work.

Temporary Accountant Interview

Anonymous Employee in King of Prussia, PA
    Anonymous Employee in King of Prussia, PA

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Accountemps.

Applied on-line. Took the battery of skills tests and ranked in the high 90th percentile. As background, I have a B.A. in Finance, and an M.B.A. in Accounting. I spoke with a recruiter in the Wilmington, DE, office and I was told that the positions I applied for on-line were already filled and they have very specific requirements for the jobs they fill and that I didn't meet them. (Apparently an M.B.A. in Accounting isn't specific enough for a temporary staff accountant position.) When I asked for more specificity about what credentials/experience/skills I was lacking the recruiter could not provide an answer.

Thinking that perhaps I had the misfortune to connect with a recruiter who was not particularly adept at evaluations I called the King of Prussia office and left a voicemail. I did not receive a call back but I did receive an email stating that the jobs I had applied for were all filled (and are currently still on the Accountemps website as open). I was also told via that same email that I should not consider Accountemps as a "resource" for me in finding employment. Basically? I was told to get lost.

What I took away from this experience was that the blow-off I experienced in the Wilmington office was not unique to the way experienced candidates are handled when they apply for positions with this company.

Interview Questions
    • The interviewer didn't ask any questions. I was lectured to as to why I did not match any of their open positions.   Answer Question

Accounting Clerk Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richmond, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richmond, VA

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Accountemps in June 2014.

Very Standard- questions were standard. Interviewed June 2014 didn't here from the agency until October 2014. Didn't do another face to face, was just sent on the job assignment.

General Interview

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Accountemps.

I met with three different people on the first day, then met with another individual on another day. The person on the second day was 30 minutes late, which was frustrating. This person was also quite unprofessional and had seemed to have never even reviewed my resume prior to meeting. I was a waste of time for the most part.

Interview Questions
    • All questions were about my previous work experience. The most difficult questions related to my goals and future career aspirations, primarily because I am uncertain!   Answer Question

I wasn't interested in working for a temp agency.

Accountant Interview

I received a call to set up an onsite interview. When I arrived, I filled in a number of documents including tax, personal information, references and etc. The interview last less than 20 minutes and generally went through the resume.

Interview Questions
    • nothing unexpected, most are general behavioral questions   Answer Question

Data Entry Clerk Interview

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Accountemps in April 2014.

Got a phone call from a recruiter for a temporary position. Behavioral questions about your interests and tell us more about yourself. Some questions are about what is written in your resume and experiences are very important.

Interview Questions
    • What are your future goals in life? Tell me a situation where you have a problem that needs to be resolved right away.   Answer Question
    Depends on your experience. Starting salary for entry level between $12-18 an hour.

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brandon, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brandon, FL

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Accountemps in February 2014.

The interview was great! It was a wonderful chat with the recruiters about my experience and my future goals.