Accountemps Interview Questions & Reviews

2.1

Senior Accountant Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  West Palm Beach, FL
    Anonymous Employee in West Palm Beach, FL

I interviewed through other source. The process took a day - interviewed at Accountemps in August 2013.

Called and asked if I could discuss potential opportunities with them. Received appointment for next day.

Interview Questions
    • Was just asked in detail about my resume   View Answer

Data Entry Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  San Francisco, CA
    Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I interviewed online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Accountemps in July 2013.

Applied online. Got a reply from them after a week or so. Had a interview with them in the morning and during that process there was aot of filling out paper work. They require references which sucks for people with no work experience or internship during college. Didn't do so well but they offered alot of information on how to improve your skill set to better your chances of getting a entry level position.

Temp Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Hauppauge, NY
    Anonymous Employee in Hauppauge, NY

I interviewed online. The process took a day - interviewed at Accountemps in July 2013.

I was scheduled for 11. I arrived 15 minutes early, and the desk attendant had me fill out some professional skills questionnaire on a computer. Then by the time 11 came around, Instead of meeting a person to talk to about accountemps; the attendant gave me a big stack of papers to sign, social security numbers and legal consent forms. I was taken aback by this, and decided this was not what I wanted to do.

Temp Position Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Philadelphia, PA
    Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

I interviewed online. The process took a day - interviewed at Accountemps.

Initially I have receive a telephone call from a recruiter for a position which I was clearly unqualified for so. So, she invited me anyways to come the next day. First thing to be expected when walking in is that there will be a good amount of other people there at their location being interviewed as well. First thing I have encountered is a mountain of paper work which needed to be filled and signed. This would take roughly 20 minutes to complete.

The next thing, I had an interview with the recruiter to go over the typical stuff [Minimum pay, Hours, Going over the resume].

No offer/assignment of any sort was made.

Accounting Clerk Interview

I applied online for an accounting clerk position and I received a call a couple of days later. The phone call was about what I was looking for and scheduled a day for me to come in. It was very short and simple. The day before my in person interview I received an email regarding skills test on A/P, A/R, and excel. They were timed but no time limit and were all multiple choice. I went in the next day and the recruiter and I basically went through my resume and asked about specifics of my situation such as when am I available, desired pay, etc. After the interview he introduced me to another recruiter because they had a job that just came up that they believed would be perfect for me but they never contacted me back about it

Interview Questions
    • Nothing unexpected. Just asked me to explain different things on my resume   Answer Question

Staff Accountant Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Cedar Rapids, IA
    Anonymous Employee in Cedar Rapids, IA

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took a day - interviewed at Accountemps in May 2013.

Applied online to accountempts for various accounting position and got call next day stating 2 positions available. Set up the interview within couple of days at my convenience. I had to take 3 tests online - basic excel (30 questions), accounting (55 questions) and quickbooks (38 questions). The test didn't have time allocated but the time taken is shown up in the system and they will know how much time is spent on each question. Questions were average. In excel we have to work on spreadsheet, accounting and Quickbooks contained MCQs. You can find tutorial test videos for excel in youtube and it is exactly the same as in real test.
    I scored very well in all tests - 90th percentiles. So I went to the interview and had to fill up lots of forms. The interview was at 1 pm but started only at 1:30 pm as I had to fill up all those forms and take a survey online. I was told to wait in a room and the Branch Manager showed up. He asked me about my past work experience. He was really impressed by my work experience as well as education because I just passed CPA exam and had Masters degree in accounting. He said that the interview went well but I didn't receive any offer because I need sponsorship to work in US and they don't offer sponsorship. The manager was very friendly and said that he will be very happy to help me if I have the work permit.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about the responsibilities in your past job.
      What type of job are you looking for?
        Answer Question

Entry Level Accounting Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Oakland, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oakland, CA

I interviewed online. The process took a day - interviewed at Accountemps in February 2013.

The process goes like this: Phone interview with a recruiter who goes over your resume with you and asks you a few questions regarding each past experience/position, then if you are successful with that, you are asked to set up an interview. My interview was scheduled for the next day. I went in and the first 30 minutes I had to sign forms, tons of them. After like 45 minutes or so, I was called into my interview and the surprise came...It's not for that job. What Accountemps does is interview you by assessing your skills and past experiences to place you into an "assignment". These assignments are jobs that employers are looking to fill but don't want to go through all the hassle of interview hundreds of individuals, so they turn to this Temp Agency. After the interview, I was introduced to the recruiter's colleague which I had a brief five minute interview with. We talked about possible job openings and what interests I had in a company. I said Non-Profits because I love Non-Profits! Two days later, I was given a call and another person at Accountemps said, "We have an opening that pays $xx amount, term period, location, Non-Profit, do you want the job? I said Yes and I had work the next day. Now that's fast employment.

Interview Questions
    • Unlike ordinary interviews, I didn't feel like I was even asked anything different from an regular interview.   Answer Question

Staffing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Lexington, MA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lexington, MA

I interviewed through a staffing agency. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Accountemps in January 2009.

Accountemps was very helpful in setting me up at Raytheon. I was placed there temporarily to work on a project. The project was very successful and Raytheon indicated they would like to hire me. I interefaced with the staffing manager and the director and discussed salary, benefits, etc. Everything looked good so I accepted.

Staffing Manager Interview

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Accountemps.

My resume was passed to a regional manager and I was contacted by phone. They set up an in person where we discussed my background and sales experience. The district president happened to be in the office on that day and I had a one on one interview with them as well.

I was able to negotiate a higher base salary but they often have a take it or leave it mentality with their first offer.

Financial Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Dallas, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Accountemps.

Applied online and was invited to have the accounting and excel tests. The tests provide you with scores for begining skills, intermediate and upper level skills. After passing with at least 75% score on both accounting and excel, you are offered a position and you are invited for several interviews with staffing executives and branch managers at the office you applied and at other four offices around Dallas.

It was easy and normal, as I was aware of the process.