Accountemps

2.1

Temp Position Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Accountemps.

Initially I have receive a telephone call from a recruiter for a position which I was clearly unqualified for so. So, she invited me anyways to come the next day. First thing to be expected when walking in is that there will be a good amount of other people there at their location being interviewed as well. First thing I have encountered is a mountain of paper work which needed to be filled and signed. This would take roughly 20 minutes to complete.

The next thing, I had an interview with the recruiter to go over the typical stuff [Minimum pay, Hours, Going over the resume].

No offer/assignment of any sort was made.

Temp Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hauppauge, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hauppauge, NY

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Accountemps in July 2013.

I was scheduled for 11. I arrived 15 minutes early, and the desk attendant had me fill out some professional skills questionnaire on a computer. Then by the time 11 came around, Instead of meeting a person to talk to about accountemps; the attendant gave me a big stack of papers to sign, social security numbers and legal consent forms. I was taken aback by this, and decided this was not what I wanted to do.

Junior Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online – interviewed at Accountemps in July 2013.

Its a very general one to one interview. I got a phone call from HR a week ago and I went to the interview. Just very general HR questions.

Interview Questions
    • Asked me a lot specific things about Excel and Access.   Answer Question

Data Entry Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Accountemps in July 2013.

Applied online. Got a reply from them after a week or so. Had a interview with them in the morning and during that process there was aot of filling out paper work. They require references which sucks for people with no work experience or internship during college. Didn't do so well but they offered alot of information on how to improve your skill set to better your chances of getting a entry level position.

Accounting Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

interviewed at Accountemps in June 2013.

The interview process was great. The person who interviewed was very friendly. They did not ask you to tell them about yourself. They pretty much testing to see if you know what you had put on your resume. I also had a great view of the city.

Interview Questions
    • I had no difficulties. The interview process was great!   Answer Question

Accounting Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Eugene, OR
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Eugene, OR

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Accountemps in June 2013.

Applied to a job on Craigslist which ended up being through Accountemps - they called and scheduled an interview. The interview was fairly informal - basically just informational to get to know me and what kind of job I was searching for. It lasted maybe 15 minutes. They had me fill out employment papers and found a job for me within a week.

Interview Questions
    • There was nothing difficult about the interview at all.   Answer Question
    I told them the salary I desired and they negotiated it with the employer.

Staff Accountant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cedar Rapids, IA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cedar Rapids, IA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at Accountemps in May 2013.

Applied online to accountempts for various accounting position and got call next day stating 2 positions available. Set up the interview within couple of days at my convenience. I had to take 3 tests online - basic excel (30 questions), accounting (55 questions) and quickbooks (38 questions). The test didn't have time allocated but the time taken is shown up in the system and they will know how much time is spent on each question. Questions were average. In excel we have to work on spreadsheet, accounting and Quickbooks contained MCQs. You can find tutorial test videos for excel in youtube and it is exactly the same as in real test.
    I scored very well in all tests - 90th percentiles. So I went to the interview and had to fill up lots of forms. The interview was at 1 pm but started only at 1:30 pm as I had to fill up all those forms and take a survey online. I was told to wait in a room and the Branch Manager showed up. He asked me about my past work experience. He was really impressed by my work experience as well as education because I just passed CPA exam and had Masters degree in accounting. He said that the interview went well but I didn't receive any offer because I need sponsorship to work in US and they don't offer sponsorship. The manager was very friendly and said that he will be very happy to help me if I have the work permit.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about the responsibilities in your past job.
      What type of job are you looking for?

Answer Question

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toledo, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toledo, OH

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Accountemps in May 2013.

I applied online then they had an phone interview with me before asking to come to talk in person the next day.

Interview Questions
    • just normal question about what I did , what my potentials are and about my last jobs.
      They may ask in detail about what software you used and how you used it when you was working with previous employers.

Answer Question

Accounts Payable Clerk Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Accountemps in April 2013.

The interviewer was nice and friendly. She was straight forward and was direct to the point.

There wasn't any.

Office Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Long Beach, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Long Beach, CA

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Accountemps in March 2013.

The hiring process started easily enough. I got a phone call from one of their recruiters. She was very pleasant and made me feel at home. She sent me an email with a link to some application to fill out online. Instead of testing your skills in the office like they used to, they now allow you to take the typing and ten-key tests from your home. You are also given a word test and and excel test. The Excel test was the dumbest one I have ever taken. All of the questions are outdated and the way they want you to problem solve is not how anyone works with excel. For example, one of the questions asked you to perform the task of adding together several columns and getting a total but without using the automatic formula part of Excel. Who does that?

Interview Questions
    • Where do you see yourself in five years?   View Answer
    There was no negotiation phase. I told them what I was interested in making.