Accountemps

Relevance Date Difficulty

Contractor Interview

Contractor
Santa Clara, CA

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Accountemps in October 2012.

Interview Details – Had a 12:30 interview that got moved to 3:00, then waited in their lobby until 3:45 for the recruiter to come out. They asked basic questions, most of which could have been answered by my resume. The interview lasted about 15 minutes, and at the conclusion they told me the hourly rate would be $5 less than other staffing agencies I am signed up with. They also said they would be e-mailing me some skills tests, but I have yet to receive them.

Interview Question – What is your ideal company/industry to work for?   Answer Question

Accountant Interview

Accountant
Cambridge, MA

I applied through a staffing agency - interviewed at Accountemps in June 2012.

Interview Details – 1:1 interview, I was surprised that I did not get any skills test, nor were I told that I would have to take one before the interview. The interview is easy, they just want to know about your background and they take notes on your resume. When I asked them if they have any jobs opening at this time, they said no, which was different from what I heard from the voice mail. It raised my doubt that they just want to add you into their candidate pool, plus, I never heard from my interviewer anymore after that, though I have tried to call them many times.

Interview Question – What kind of job you are looking for   Answer Question

Administrative Assistant Interview

Administrative Assistant
Richland, WA

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Accountemps in June 2010.

Interview Details – I received a call from Accountemps describing the short-term temporary Administrative Assistant assignment asking if I would like to interview the next day. I interviewed and the company hired me asking if I could start the next day. It was one of the best interview and hiring experiences I have had!

Interview Question – I cannot remember any difficult or unexpected question. It was a quick interview since the two interviewees had reviewed and discussed my resume and experience with Accountemps.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiation since Accountemps sets an hourly rate and the company agrees.

Accounting Clerk Interview

Accounting Clerk
Dayton, OH

The process took a day - interviewed at Accountemps in May 2012.

Interview Details – The interviewer went through my resume and asked questions relevant to my working experience.She did not ask any behavior questions.

Interview Question – Tell me about your working experience   Answer Question

Accountant Interview

Accountant
Pittsburgh, PA

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Accountemps in May 2012.

Interview Details – Recruiting contact was very friendly. Questions from applicant were answered efficiently. Job position was described thoroughly.

Financial Consultant Interview

Financial Consultant
Parsippany, NJ

I applied through a recruiter and the process took a day - interviewed at Accountemps in March 2012.

Interview Details – 2 weeks ago I received a call from Accountemp asking me to have an interview with them.
I waited 2 hours before interviewed by one recruiter, they also kept a copy of my identity, with SSN exposured to them. The receptionist also asked me to do a stupid survey on their computer, which also need lots of personal information including SSN, home address, phone The survey focused on the lay-off insurance you've ever got, nothing to do with the job application!
The recruiter chatted with me for 30 minites without touching the professional accounting experience. She said that the company will hire me as a permanent employee, they will provide basic salary, quarterly bonus, overtime pay, insurance. That all sounds good but she did not even signed a contract with me! What they promised were totally bullshitting.
I have never heard from them again after I stepped out their office! But they kept all my personal information. The experience with this company is really bad, I won't believe that an interview with recruiter will give me a job.

Interview Question – Why you left your last position?   View Answer

Vienna, VA

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Accountemps in July 2011.

Interview Details – Accountemps has a pretty good hiring process. I definitely did very well on all the tests and interview questions. It was pretty thorough and the staffing managers have the routine down to a science. The interview was not at all rushed and was considerate of my scheduling needs. The organization among staff members is excellent from the receptionist to the staffing managers that interview you. The computers that you test on are easy to use and have the same features you would expect in an office setting.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work as a temp?   View Answer
  • Would you be willing to work in a non-permanent position, if offered?   View Answer

Reason for Declining – I chose to decline the offer because I was "undersold". The staffing manager presented me with "opportunities" that wouldn't even cover my cost of commuting to them. For the area (Washington DC metro), the opportunities are really limited as far as income goes. I suspect this has something to do with commission rates, but most people in this profession have student loans and cost of living to consider. For the accounting profession, I found the offers to be really low on the salary side. Ranging from $12 for basic AP/AR positions and $16 for mid-career positions. It's not nearly enough for a seasoned professional with college education and several years experience. I understand that Accountemps is making money by assisting their clients in job searches, but this seems to be a little extreme. I accepted another offer with a staffing firm that gave me 30% more money for the same positions.

Any Interview

Any
Auburndale, MA

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Accountemps in July 2010.

Interview Details – First took a skills test and then had a very easy interview. Although I now do not like the company, my former agent was very nice.

Interview Question – What type of position are you looking for?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Not out of the ordinary, besides the skills test.

Macon, GA

The process took 6 days - interviewed at Accountemps in November 2011.

Interview Details – Contacted by them after seeing my resume online. Talked on the phone and was asked a few questions like, what are your specialties and what I was looking for in a new job. Asked me to come in and meet with the manager. Before meeting with the manager had to fill out a lengthy application and a couple applications on the computer. Finally met with manager and mostly questions about what I was looking for in a job and what I had done in the past. Ended with telling me I was "over qualified" for everything they currently had but if they had a higher level job come up they would call me.

Boulder, CO

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Accountemps in April 2011.

Interview Details – I applied for a position in the accounting field on line. Accountemps called me the next day and set up an interview with me within a couple hours. I went into their office and was tested on my accounting knowledge and skills as well as my computer skills. They then had me interview with two recruiting agents to see which position I would best be qualified for. This took approximately 2 hours to complete this process. They then gave me a temporary assignment which I went to and started working there the following business day.

Interview Question – What salary was I expecting to receive.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – They did not have any position open in the field I was applying for, however they were able to put me into a temporary position right away. This way I was able to begin making money right and that would hold me over until the right Position for me became available. It was a pleasant experience and I appreciated the work.

Interviews for Top Jobs at Accountemps