Accountemps Interview Questions

2.1

Accountant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Pittsburgh, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

I applied online. The process took a day - interviewed at Accountemps in May 2012.

Recruiting contact was very friendly. Questions from applicant were answered efficiently. Job position was described thoroughly.

Financial Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Parsippany, NJ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Parsippany, NJ

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a day - interviewed at Accountemps in March 2012.

2 weeks ago I received a call from Accountemp asking me to have an interview with them.
    I waited 2 hours before interviewed by one recruiter, they also kept a copy of my identity, with SSN exposured to them. The receptionist also asked me to do a stupid survey on their computer, which also need lots of personal information including SSN, home address, phone The survey focused on the lay-off insurance you've ever got, nothing to do with the job application!
    The recruiter chatted with me for 30 minites without touching the professional accounting experience. She said that the company will hire me as a permanent employee, they will provide basic salary, quarterly bonus, overtime pay, insurance. That all sounds good but she did not even signed a contract with me! What they promised were totally bullshitting.
    I have never heard from them again after I stepped out their office! But they kept all my personal information. The experience with this company is really bad, I won't believe that an interview with recruiter will give me a job.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Vienna, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vienna, VA

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Accountemps in July 2011.

Accountemps has a pretty good hiring process. I definitely did very well on all the tests and interview questions. It was pretty thorough and the staffing managers have the routine down to a science. The interview was not at all rushed and was considerate of my scheduling needs. The organization among staff members is excellent from the receptionist to the staffing managers that interview you. The computers that you test on are easy to use and have the same features you would expect in an office setting.

Interview Questions
    • Why do you want to work as a temp?   View Answer
    • Would you be willing to work in a non-permanent position, if offered?   View Answer

I chose to decline the offer because I was "undersold". The staffing manager presented me with "opportunities" that wouldn't even cover my cost of commuting to them. For the area (Washington DC metro), the opportunities are really limited as far as income goes. I suspect this has something to do with commission rates, but most people in this profession have student loans and cost of living to consider. For the accounting profession, I found the offers to be really low on the salary side. Ranging from $12 for basic AP/AR positions and $16 for mid-career positions. It's not nearly enough for a seasoned professional with college education and several years experience. I understand that Accountemps is making money by assisting their clients in job searches, but this seems to be a little extreme. I accepted another offer with a staffing firm that gave me 30% more money for the same positions.

Any Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Auburndale, MA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Auburndale, MA

I applied online. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Accountemps in July 2010.

First took a skills test and then had a very easy interview. Although I now do not like the company, my former agent was very nice.

Interview Questions
    Not out of the ordinary, besides the skills test.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Macon, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Macon, GA

The process took 6 days - interviewed at Accountemps in November 2011.

Contacted by them after seeing my resume online. Talked on the phone and was asked a few questions like, what are your specialties and what I was looking for in a new job. Asked me to come in and meet with the manager. Before meeting with the manager had to fill out a lengthy application and a couple applications on the computer. Finally met with manager and mostly questions about what I was looking for in a job and what I had done in the past. Ended with telling me I was "over qualified" for everything they currently had but if they had a higher level job come up they would call me.

Interview Questions
    • What types of things did you do at your previous job?   View Answer
    • Why was I looking for a job?   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Boulder, CO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boulder, CO

I applied online. The process took a day - interviewed at Accountemps in April 2011.

I applied for a position in the accounting field on line. Accountemps called me the next day and set up an interview with me within a couple hours. I went into their office and was tested on my accounting knowledge and skills as well as my computer skills. They then had me interview with two recruiting agents to see which position I would best be qualified for. This took approximately 2 hours to complete this process. They then gave me a temporary assignment which I went to and started working there the following business day.

Interview Questions
    • What salary was I expecting to receive.   View Answer
    They did not have any position open in the field I was applying for, however they were able to put me into a temporary position right away. This way I was able to begin making money right and that would hold me over until the right Position for me became available. It was a pleasant experience and I appreciated the work.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Los Angeles, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

The process took 5 days - interviewed at Accountemps in October 2011.

Was told to fill out forms while waiting to meet the recruiter. People there were very nice and answered any questions I had. After interview, had to take an assessment with Excel, Word, Quickbooks.

Accounting Clerk (Entry Level) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Los Angeles, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days - interviewed at Accountemps in July 2011.

The worst staffing agency in America!!!!! I called the company after creating a profile on their website. They gave an interview date on which I arrived 20 mins early. The RUDE lady at the front desk made me complete some 15 pages of forms which required my background history from A to Z including my SS, ID# etc, which I wasn't comfortable giving them before any offer. After the forms, I completed 4 different forms of online test which including General, Financial Accounting, typing test, Quickbooks, Excel, word. Took me 3 hours to complete the tests which were COMPLETELY redundant. After the tests, I met up with a recruiter who basically went over my resume in 3 mins and straight up came to $$$. Asked for my lowest wage and then started discussing movies, golf, etc (which basically turned me off). The interview lasted 7-10 mins and then I left off, after being comforted that I would be getting a call soon.

Two weeks passed and no interview/offer. Whenever I called the company all recruiter were out of office and made me leave a voicemail. Of course, no calls backs. Called me twice in a 2 months time telling me they were submitting me for a $12/hour position which I hesitantly agreed.

It's been another month now and no calls from them. I even called 3 different Accountemps offices and they were even worse.

I got a job through APPLEONE, who are wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy better than Accountemps. They will work hard to get you a job.

Staff Accountant - Entry Level Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Chicago, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

The process took a day - interviewed at Accountemps in July 2011.

Consists of one phone interview, a skills test and a 1:1 interview.

The phone interview just took about 5 minutes or less. They just asked about what my responsibilities are in my last job then they asked me if I can go to their Chicago office for a 1:1 interview.

Upon arriving their offices, I filled up a lot of paper work and then they made me do a Microsoft Excel skills test. The skills test was very easy and straightforward. Any college graduate can ace this test.

Then the last step was I met with an interviewer and she just asked me what my responsibilities in my last job, the skills that I have. I felt like it was not a real interview. It was really straightforward and easy. I think my interview experience mostly consisted of ME asking them questions! haha!

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took a day - interviewed at Accountemps in June 2011.

Asked question about my background, what I am looking for, and what my strengths are.