Accountemps

Average Difficulty
88 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Boulder, CO

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Accountemps in April 2011.

Interview Details – I applied for a position in the accounting field on line. Accountemps called me the next day and set up an interview with me within a couple hours. I went into their office and was tested on my accounting knowledge and skills as well as my computer skills. They then had me interview with two recruiting agents to see which position I would best be qualified for. This took approximately 2 hours to complete this process. They then gave me a temporary assignment which I went to and started working there the following business day.

Interview Question – What salary was I expecting to receive.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – They did not have any position open in the field I was applying for, however they were able to put me into a temporary position right away. This way I was able to begin making money right and that would hold me over until the right Position for me became available. It was a pleasant experience and I appreciated the work.

Los Angeles, CA

The process took 5 days - interviewed at Accountemps in October 2011.

Interview Details – Was told to fill out forms while waiting to meet the recruiter. People there were very nice and answered any questions I had. After interview, had to take an assessment with Excel, Word, Quickbooks.

Interview Question – What is your biggest weakness?   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Accounting Clerk (Entry Level) Interview

Accounting Clerk (Entry Level)
Los Angeles, CA

I applied in-person and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Accountemps in July 2011.

Interview Details – The worst staffing agency in America!!!!! I called the company after creating a profile on their website. They gave an interview date on which I arrived 20 mins early. The RUDE lady at the front desk made me complete some 15 pages of forms which required my background history from A to Z including my SS, ID# etc, which I wasn't comfortable giving them before any offer. After the forms, I completed 4 different forms of online test which including General, Financial Accounting, typing test, Quickbooks, Excel, word. Took me 3 hours to complete the tests which were COMPLETELY redundant. After the tests, I met up with a recruiter who basically went over my resume in 3 mins and straight up came to $$$. Asked for my lowest wage and then started discussing movies, golf, etc (which basically turned me off). The interview lasted 7-10 mins and then I left off, after being comforted that I would be getting a call soon.

Two weeks passed and no interview/offer. Whenever I called the company all recruiter were out of office and made me leave a voicemail. Of course, no calls backs. Called me twice in a 2 months time telling me they were submitting me for a $12/hour position which I hesitantly agreed.

It's been another month now and no calls from them. I even called 3 different Accountemps offices and they were even worse.

I got a job through APPLEONE, who are wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy better than Accountemps. They will work hard to get you a job.

Interview Questions

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Staff Accountant - Entry Level Interview

Staff Accountant - Entry Level
Chicago, IL

The process took a day - interviewed at Accountemps in July 2011.

Interview Details – Consists of one phone interview, a skills test and a 1:1 interview.

The phone interview just took about 5 minutes or less. They just asked about what my responsibilities are in my last job then they asked me if I can go to their Chicago office for a 1:1 interview.

Upon arriving their offices, I filled up a lot of paper work and then they made me do a Microsoft Excel skills test. The skills test was very easy and straightforward. Any college graduate can ace this test.

Then the last step was I met with an interviewer and she just asked me what my responsibilities in my last job, the skills that I have. I felt like it was not a real interview. It was really straightforward and easy. I think my interview experience mostly consisted of ME asking them questions! haha!

Interview Questions

New York, NY

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Accountemps in June 2011.

Interview Details – Asked question about my background, what I am looking for, and what my strengths are.

Interview Question – Why should I hire you?   Answer Question

Accounting Clerk Interview

Accounting Clerk
New York, NY

The process took a day - interviewed at Accountemps in October 2009.

Interview Details – Called for an interview and got one right away. Unfortunately, they never helped me find any temp work.

Interview Question – What kind of work are you looking for?   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Accounting Clerk Interview

Accounting Clerk
McLean, VA

The process took a day - interviewed at Accountemps in February 2011.

Interview Details – The phone interview was brief and resume based, just to confirm places of employment and accounting skills.. The 1: 1 interview was also brief and very informal, but to the point as to what my goals were working as a temp. I guess their interest is to know how well do can do on the skills tests. They will test you on software that you indicate you are knowledgeable.

Interview Question – There were no difficult or unexpected interview questions.   Answer Question

Banking Interview

Banking
Minneapolis, MN

The process took a day - interviewed at Accountemps in August 2010.

Interview Details – I was asked to come in and interview and do a skills test. I arrived early, was directed to take an Excel test along with a reading comprehension/spelling test. After I had a 1 on 1 interview with a representative who reviewed my scores and resume. The process took 2 hours and was fairly easy.

Interview Question – What is your greatest accomplishment   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Be yourself and be prepared to take fairly easy test on a computer concerning reading, data entry and excel knowledge.

Financial Specialist Interview

Financial Specialist
Westborough, MA

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Accountemps in May 2010.

Interview Details – I was called by one of the managers to come to the interview. First I was given a computer based test on accounting and excel. Then the 1:1 interview with the manager began with our discussion about the test results and what I want to do. It was pretty conversational and comfortable. At the end, the interviewer asked me to contact them again the following to see if there is any job. I got my first assignment right on that following week.

Account Manager Interview

Account Manager
Minneapolis, MN

I applied through other source and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Accountemps in April 2010.

Interview Details – This company has some real problems. THEY CALLED ME to come in and see them. It sounded intriguing during the 1st phone screening so I decided to pursue. Then I went in to meet with manager in Bloomington MN. Then asked to go to MPLS, MN for another interview. Then asked to go to Minnetonka MN for another interview. Then asked to go in to Minnetonka MN office for a 'shadow' experience and final interview. WOW! I also failed to mention there was a phone screening for each new office!

Then, I received a call about 2 weeks after the 'shadowing' to let me know that they would contact me again in next 2 weeks to make final deicision and bring final candidates in for a 2nd final interview.... Well, not a good experience. Never ended up hearing back as promised, but at this point I didn't really care to work for them.

By the way, I lost interest after talking with my contacts who say that the turnover is extremely high there due ot micromanagement, poor treatment, unattainable goals, etc.

This is a chop shop at best. Is this really what corporate America has become? I sure hope not, because it would be a sad comentary on the state of our business community in the U.S.

Interview Question – Tell me about yourself   Answer Question