Accountemps Interview Questions

Updated Oct 11, 2014

2.1

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Princeton, NJ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Princeton, NJ

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Accountemps in September 2011.

Applied through Monster and got a reply back via e-mail in a couple of days and set up an appointment. Only had 1 interview. The office was clean, and the people were nice and professional. They really looked like they wanted the right person for the job because they asked questions about our experiences.

Interview Questions
    • Interview went well, they ask about our experiences in the field we've applied for. They ask us our strongest and weakest skills. They ask us about our previous/current employers and behavioral questions. They ask us if we know any material that would help us with the position we've applied for.   Answer Question

Staff Accountant - Entry Level Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

The process took a dayinterviewed at Accountemps in July 2011.

Consists of one phone interview, a skills test and a 1:1 interview.

The phone interview just took about 5 minutes or less. They just asked about what my responsibilities are in my last job then they asked me if I can go to their Chicago office for a 1:1 interview.

Upon arriving their offices, I filled up a lot of paper work and then they made me do a Microsoft Excel skills test. The skills test was very easy and straightforward. Any college graduate can ace this test.

Then the last step was I met with an interviewer and she just asked me what my responsibilities in my last job, the skills that I have. I felt like it was not a real interview. It was really straightforward and easy. I think my interview experience mostly consisted of ME asking them questions! haha!

Accounting Clerk (Entry Level) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

I applied in-person. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Accountemps in July 2011.

The worst staffing agency in America!!!!! I called the company after creating a profile on their website. They gave an interview date on which I arrived 20 mins early. The RUDE lady at the front desk made me complete some 15 pages of forms which required my background history from A to Z including my SS, ID# etc, which I wasn't comfortable giving them before any offer. After the forms, I completed 4 different forms of online test which including General, Financial Accounting, typing test, Quickbooks, Excel, word. Took me 3 hours to complete the tests which were COMPLETELY redundant. After the tests, I met up with a recruiter who basically went over my resume in 3 mins and straight up came to $$$. Asked for my lowest wage and then started discussing movies, golf, etc (which basically turned me off). The interview lasted 7-10 mins and then I left off, after being comforted that I would be getting a call soon.

Two weeks passed and no interview/offer. Whenever I called the company all recruiter were out of office and made me leave a voicemail. Of course, no calls backs. Called me twice in a 2 months time telling me they were submitting me for a $12/hour position which I hesitantly agreed.

It's been another month now and no calls from them. I even called 3 different Accountemps offices and they were even worse.

I got a job through APPLEONE, who are wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy better than Accountemps. They will work hard to get you a job.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vienna, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vienna, VA

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Accountemps in July 2011.

Accountemps has a pretty good hiring process. I definitely did very well on all the tests and interview questions. It was pretty thorough and the staffing managers have the routine down to a science. The interview was not at all rushed and was considerate of my scheduling needs. The organization among staff members is excellent from the receptionist to the staffing managers that interview you. The computers that you test on are easy to use and have the same features you would expect in an office setting.

Interview Questions
    • Why do you want to work as a temp?   View Answer
    • Would you be willing to work in a non-permanent position, if offered?   View Answer

I chose to decline the offer because I was "undersold". The staffing manager presented me with "opportunities" that wouldn't even cover my cost of commuting to them. For the area (Washington DC metro), the opportunities are really limited as far as income goes. I suspect this has something to do with commission rates, but most people in this profession have student loans and cost of living to consider. For the accounting profession, I found the offers to be really low on the salary side. Ranging from $12 for basic AP/AR positions and $16 for mid-career positions. It's not nearly enough for a seasoned professional with college education and several years experience. I understand that Accountemps is making money by assisting their clients in job searches, but this seems to be a little extreme. I accepted another offer with a staffing firm that gave me 30% more money for the same positions.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Accountemps in June 2011.

Asked question about my background, what I am looking for, and what my strengths are.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boulder, CO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boulder, CO

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Accountemps in April 2011.

I applied for a position in the accounting field on line. Accountemps called me the next day and set up an interview with me within a couple hours. I went into their office and was tested on my accounting knowledge and skills as well as my computer skills. They then had me interview with two recruiting agents to see which position I would best be qualified for. This took approximately 2 hours to complete this process. They then gave me a temporary assignment which I went to and started working there the following business day.

Interview Questions
    • What salary was I expecting to receive.   View Answer
    They did not have any position open in the field I was applying for, however they were able to put me into a temporary position right away. This way I was able to begin making money right and that would hold me over until the right Position for me became available. It was a pleasant experience and I appreciated the work.

Accounting Clerk Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Accountemps in March 2011.

Interview process was very thorough. Company ask detail question about your previous employers, positions held and duties. Skill test are given to assess your abilities. The process is fairly quick if there is a need for your skill set immediately.

Interview Questions
    Negotiate pay, know what your experience is worth. Don't settle for what is offered.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in McLean, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in McLean, VA

The process took a dayinterviewed at Accountemps in February 2011.

The phone interview was brief and resume based, just to confirm places of employment and accounting skills.. The 1: 1 interview was also brief and very informal, but to the point as to what my goals were working as a temp. I guess their interest is to know how well do can do on the skills tests. They will test you on software that you indicate you are knowledgeable.

Interview Questions
    • There were no difficult or unexpected interview questions.   Answer Question

Senior Accountant--Salaried Professional Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Accountemps in November 2010.

I was sought out for the SPS program. This is a program where you become an employee of RHI with full benefits. Interview was straight forward. Hard part was determining industries and geographic location willing to travel.

Interview Questions
    • There really wasn't one. The most challenging aspect is targeting which industries you are best suited to work in.   Answer Question
    You learn to play poker. It is hard ball negotiation.

Banking Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

The process took a dayinterviewed at Accountemps in August 2010.

I was asked to come in and interview and do a skills test. I arrived early, was directed to take an Excel test along with a reading comprehension/spelling test. After I had a 1 on 1 interview with a representative who reviewed my scores and resume. The process took 2 hours and was fairly easy.

Interview Questions
    Be yourself and be prepared to take fairly easy test on a computer concerning reading, data entry and excel knowledge.