Accredo Health

Relevance Date Difficulty

Database Administrator Interview

Database Administrator
Conway, AR

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Accredo Health in February 2010.

Interview Details – After the initial technical screening, I thought the following interview would be more about the details of what I had done as a DBA and developer. I was surprised to be once again asked specific questions about
ORA errors and initialization parameters. Being quite busy in my current job, I hadn't specifically reviewed such items. My answers were probably not very compelling. That being said, the interviewers seemed a bit uptight. There were few opportunities to actually connect on a human/personal level, which I think should be the most important aspect of such interviews. We are among IT professionals with each more than 10-15 years of experience.
The interviewers who were IT people,ha've got to realize that a candidate would not have lasted some 15 years in IT if he/she wasn't a) good, b) dedicated c0 self-motivated.
We all know that technical skills can be picked up or refreshed.
I think they put a bit too much emphasis on finding out if you know what this specific parameter is for, or what value it should be set to.

Interview Question – How do you make a data pump export fit into a file system that is smaller that the dump file size ?   View Answer

Worked for Accredo Health? Contribute to the Community!