Accretive Health

Updated Nov 4, 2014
Updated Nov 4, 2014

2.6

Department Lead Interview

There are five major steps in conducting an interview:

open the interview,
    ask the prepared questions and take notes,
    answer the candidate’s questions about the position and
    close the interview.

Interview Questions
    • Presented a possible scenario with a created issues and I had to make a decision in 30 seconds.   Answer Question

Manager Interview

Everything went smoothly - typically expected questions, no curveballs. Met with 4 people over the course of 2 hours. Most of the questions were about the position and not about the company.

Operations Lead Interview

They brought me into their office to interview with different people for different positions, even though I only applied for one position. They all seemed to be very defensive about their company even when I didn't ask about their big situation that was in the news. The interview questions were typical (e.g. why do you want to work at Accretive, describe a time when you had to persuade someone, etc.).

Interview Questions
    • The questions were all what you would expect from an interview. Nothing surprising.   Answer Question

Marketing/Public Relations Interview

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Accretive Health in July 2014.

This company is in the production of selling dreams. All positions on company website are just fluff to entice someone to come in for an interview. It's door to door sales, literally. No management, no marketing, just knocking on strangers doors asking them if they want to switch to Verizion. No salary, no perks, no allowance. Good luck.

Why would I accept? Cattle Call Like

Patient Financial Counselor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kalamazoo, MI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kalamazoo, MI

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Accretive Health.

Sent resume to friend that worked there. Received a phone call for a phone interview. After the phone interview I was asked to come in for an in person interview. Spoke with hiring managers about my customer service experience. Received a call back a week later and was offered a position.

no negotiation

Senior Lead Interview

3 back-to-back interviews

Operations Lead Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Accretive Health.

Very quick, HR contacted me and set up an interview the next day. What do you know about RC? Why Healthcare?

Interview Questions
    • How many ping pong balls in an airplane.   View Answer
    None

Operations Lead Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Accretive Health.

Very unprofessional recruitment process. Became friendly and comfortable with April who was leading interviews on my campus. Extended an offer verbally at final rounds and informed me that I should expect to have a package to review two weeks later. Two and a half months later I had still not heard back from April or the company and did not get any responses to the email that I sent checking for updates. Finally, Accretive sent me a short email three months later telling me I did not get the position. Inconsiderate and poor communication.

Interview Questions
    • All three rounds of interviews are fairly easy. 1st campus interview casual conversation, second round meet with two operation leads behavioral based questions, final round with more senior employees and also behavioral based. --- How would you react to a supervisor who didn't take your concerns seriously? Tell me about your experience with Excel. When was a time you faced adversity?   Answer Question

Accretive Health Response

Feb 28, 2014Director of Talent Acquisition

I understand you did not have a positive experience with Accretive Health, please understand we recently dealt with the reorganization of the company, in which many others were affected, including ... More

Healthcare Operations Lead Interview

They came on campus to interview and were completely unprofessional from the start. They did not ask any challenging questions and they missed all of their own deadlines on getting back to us. Additionally, they acted as though the last three of us that made it through the interview rounds were already hired in our cities of choice and then went back on their word and said we would have to be in the middle of no where.

Interview Questions
    • When have you been left completely alone to deal with a situation?   Answer Question

They clearly had no idea what they were doing and were unprofessional and unstable as a company.

SQL Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Accretive Health in December 2013.

The location is good,but as the manager said "I wish we can keep it with all these Lawsuits"
    it was obvious that this data integration team (which all Indian BTW ) have their own arrangement for this position,this Interview I had it was fake just for show,the whole team no one isn't Indian.
    I'm glad that I don't work at Accretive ,stay away if you are an IT professional they will waste your time.