Accretive Health

Updated Dec 30, 2014
Updated Dec 30, 2014

2.6

Healthcare Operations Lead Interview

They came on campus to interview and were completely unprofessional from the start. They did not ask any challenging questions and they missed all of their own deadlines on getting back to us. Additionally, they acted as though the last three of us that made it through the interview rounds were already hired in our cities of choice and then went back on their word and said we would have to be in the middle of no where.

Interview Questions
    • When have you been left completely alone to deal with a situation?   Answer Question

They clearly had no idea what they were doing and were unprofessional and unstable as a company.

SQL Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Accretive Health in December 2013.

The location is good,but as the manager said "I wish we can keep it with all these Lawsuits"
    it was obvious that this data integration team (which all Indian BTW ) have their own arrangement for this position,this Interview I had it was fake just for show,the whole team no one isn't Indian.
    I'm glad that I don't work at Accretive ,stay away if you are an IT professional they will waste your time.

Coding Auditor Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Accretive Health in October 2013.

They moved quickly on testing, interview process and onboarding the moment I agreed to talk to them, which is what I needed at the time. Made them look efficient and professional, since this was all done remotely.

Interview Questions
    • What is your greatest weakness? I am surprised that I was surprised!   View Answer
    Very clear and easy. They are willing to pay for talent, if you've got the goods, ask for what you need.

Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Accretive Health.

The interview process provided a glimpse of the work environment at Accretive...the schedule kept changing, everyone I was to meet with was busy and ran late, and I spent a long time between interviews just cooling my heels in the lobby waiting for my next meeting to turn up.

Interview Questions
    • Pretty vanilla questions, no real curveballs or tricks.   Answer Question
    Came in with a strong offer, didn't negotiate a whole lot on salary, but did move a little on amount of stock options offered.

Contract Modeler Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

The process took 6+ weeksinterviewed at Accretive Health.

It was pretty standard. Basically going through your work and educational history. Typically interviews are with about 3-4 people in a row and around 30 minutes each, so less intense than a lot of the companies I've interviewed for. I'm sure the reason being is that this company's employees can often be overworked and also the organization is highly organized.

Interview Questions
    • The most difficult question was how do you react when you get angry. This particular interviewer I felt tried to aggravate and pound me with questions, but I don't think it's typical. He actually recommended me later and was nice to work with. I may have answered a question too shortly in the beginning of the interview, but I'd be prepared to answer something like this question, of course with a positive spin, just in case it comes up.   Answer Question

Senior IT Training Lead Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Accretive Health.

I interviewed in Chicago with several members of the team including leadership. Some of the team members had more behavioral type questions others were talking more about the company and what they offer.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me what you think your weakness is? I responded that I am a perfectionist and went to go into detail that I work too many hours and my life work balance was not what it should be and was told that wasn't a good enough answer.   Answer Question
    The negotiation phase was simple and to the point, happened all in one day.

Senior Software Developer Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at Accretive Health in June 2013.

Was very disappointed with the interview questions. The behavioral ones were fine but went downhill from there. Started off with a phone interview, and first the interviewer had a very very thick accent, to the point where I couldn't understand him, and had to ask him to repeat many of the questions. Second he had many technical questions, some were very fair, but others were completely irrelevant trivia. One example would be, what .Net library is SQLConnection in? Luckily I knew the answer but questions like that are a huge red flag. I tried to ask about the work environment, company culture, and got very canned vague answers. I'll admit I was a bit put off, I got a callback but declined to pursue further.

Operations Lead Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Accretive Health in June 2013.

Interview with HR, site lead, and SVP

Operations Lead Interview

Standard interview process with several members of the leadership team. Done at the main office in Chicago. Certain individuals were more interested in having a casual conversation to explain more about the role and the company, while others were more formal and asked more typical interview questions. Overall it was a fairly typical interview process.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time when you saw an inefficient process and implemented a change to improve it   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nashville, TN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nashville, TN

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Accretive Health.

I recently was selected for an interview on campus and based on previous hires from Vanderbilt. I did research and found the company to have some bad PR but still I was excited. While interviewing with the "VP" of Recruiting all of that interest and excitement faded. This person was completely unprofessionally, asking about what my parents did for a living is not relevant! This person also could not articulate "where" the opportunity/job would be and I was not about to sign up with a company where I had no idea where I would be working.