Accretive Health

Relevance Date Difficulty

Physician Advisor Interview

Physician Advisor
Chicago, IL

I applied through an employee referral and the process took a day - interviewed at Accretive Health in December 2011.

Interview Details – I was referred by a personal and professional friend was also a Physician Advisor. I contacted the HR department, was mailed an application packet which I completed and submitted, and then was scheduled for an interview date where I had 1:1 face-to face interviews with 3 persons including the medical director. This interview process on that date took 2-3 hours, covered my medical credentials and certifications, whether I could contribute in a team-based environment, and whether I was comfortable with medical records and varieties of electronic medical record systems.

Interview Question – I don't recall any unexpected or difficult questions. I felt comfortable with all of them, they all were directly related to the job expectations, and I felt confident I could meet those expectations.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I though the offer was acceptable and did not negotiate further

Healthcare Operations Lead Interview

Healthcare Operations Lead

Interviewed at Accretive Health

Interview Details – They came on campus to interview and were completely unprofessional from the start. They did not ask any challenging questions and they missed all of their own deadlines on getting back to us. Additionally, they acted as though the last three of us that made it through the interview rounds were already hired in our cities of choice and then went back on their word and said we would have to be in the middle of no where.

Interview Question – When have you been left completely alone to deal with a situation?   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – They clearly had no idea what they were doing and were unprofessional and unstable as a company.

Senior Operations Lead Interview

Senior Operations Lead

I applied through other source and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Accretive Health in May 2013.

Interview Details – Contacted by recruiter, completed a phone interview and then was contacted again for second in person interview. Job offer made about a week later and a counter offer submitted.

Interview Question – Explain your experience as it pertains to the healthcare revenue cycle?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Offered made and counter offer made and accepted

Insurance Billing Verification Interview

Insurance Billing Verification
Kalamazoo, MI

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Accretive Health in November 2009.

Interview Details – Great interview with people that no longer work in Kalamazoo

Negotiation Details – I said I needed to continue drs appts in ann arbor was told that is fine, and then denied when I was an actual employee

Very Easy Interview

Insurance Verification Billing Interview

Insurance Verification Billing
Kalamazoo, MI

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Accretive Health in November 2010.

Interview Details – initial contact was application online than a phone call, than one to one interview hired same day

Interview Question – where do you see yourself in five years   View Answer

Negotiation Details – just 2 questions regarding my requested start rate and than they countered and we made an agreement

Senior Software Developer Interview

Senior Software Developer

I applied through a recruiter and the process took a day - interviewed at Accretive Health in June 2013.

Interview Details – Was very disappointed with the interview questions. The behavioral ones were fine but went downhill from there. Started off with a phone interview, and first the interviewer had a very very thick accent, to the point where I couldn't understand him, and had to ask him to repeat many of the questions. Second he had many technical questions, some were very fair, but others were completely irrelevant trivia. One example would be, what .Net library is SQLConnection in? Luckily I knew the answer but questions like that are a huge red flag. I tried to ask about the work environment, company culture, and got very canned vague answers. I'll admit I was a bit put off, I got a callback but declined to pursue further.

Interview Question – Random trivia   Answer Question

Operations Lead Interview

Operations Lead
Detroit, MI

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Accretive Health in February 2009.

Interview Details – This process was smooth but involved several rounds of interviews and a lot of negotiating.

Negotiation Details – Serious negotiation on all points.

Director Interview

Director
Chicago, IL

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Accretive Health.

Interview Details – The interview process provided a glimpse of the work environment at Accretive...the schedule kept changing, everyone I was to meet with was busy and ran late, and I spent a long time between interviews just cooling my heels in the lobby waiting for my next meeting to turn up.

Interview Question – Pretty vanilla questions, no real curveballs or tricks.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Came in with a strong offer, didn't negotiate a whole lot on salary, but did move a little on amount of stock options offered.

Contract Modeler Interview

Contract Modeler
Chicago, IL

The process took 6+ weeks - interviewed at Accretive Health.

Interview Details – It was pretty standard. Basically going through your work and educational history. Typically interviews are with about 3-4 people in a row and around 30 minutes each, so less intense than a lot of the companies I've interviewed for. I'm sure the reason being is that this company's employees can often be overworked and also the organization is highly organized.

Interview Question – The most difficult question was how do you react when you get angry. This particular interviewer I felt tried to aggravate and pound me with questions, but I don't think it's typical. He actually recommended me later and was nice to work with. I may have answered a question too shortly in the beginning of the interview, but I'd be prepared to answer something like this question, of course with a positive spin, just in case it comes up.   Answer Question

Senior IT Training Lead Interview

Senior IT Training Lead
Chicago, IL

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Accretive Health.

Interview Details – I interviewed in Chicago with several members of the team including leadership. Some of the team members had more behavioral type questions others were talking more about the company and what they offer.

Interview Question – Tell me what you think your weakness is? I responded that I am a perfectionist and went to go into detail that I work too many hours and my life work balance was not what it should be and was told that wasn't a good enough answer.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – The negotiation phase was simple and to the point, happened all in one day.