Accretive Health Interview Questions

Updated Aug 3, 2014
Updated Aug 3, 2014

2.6

Operations Lead Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Accretive Health in June 2013.

Interview with HR, site lead, and SVP

Physician Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a day - interviewed at Accretive Health in December 2011.

I was referred by a personal and professional friend was also a Physician Advisor. I contacted the HR department, was mailed an application packet which I completed and submitted, and then was scheduled for an interview date where I had 1:1 face-to face interviews with 3 persons including the medical director. This interview process on that date took 2-3 hours, covered my medical credentials and certifications, whether I could contribute in a team-based environment, and whether I was comfortable with medical records and varieties of electronic medical record systems.

Interview Questions
    • I don't recall any unexpected or difficult questions. I felt comfortable with all of them, they all were directly related to the job expectations, and I felt confident I could meet those expectations.   Answer Question
    I though the offer was acceptable and did not negotiate further

Healthcare Operations Lead Interview

They came on campus to interview and were completely unprofessional from the start. They did not ask any challenging questions and they missed all of their own deadlines on getting back to us. Additionally, they acted as though the last three of us that made it through the interview rounds were already hired in our cities of choice and then went back on their word and said we would have to be in the middle of no where.

Interview Questions
    • When have you been left completely alone to deal with a situation?   Answer Question

They clearly had no idea what they were doing and were unprofessional and unstable as a company.

Senior Operations Lead Interview

I applied through other source. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Accretive Health in May 2013.

Contacted by recruiter, completed a phone interview and then was contacted again for second in person interview. Job offer made about a week later and a counter offer submitted.

Interview Questions
    • Explain your experience as it pertains to the healthcare revenue cycle?   Answer Question
    Offered made and counter offer made and accepted

Insurance Billing Verification Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Kalamazoo, MI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kalamazoo, MI

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Accretive Health in November 2009.

Great interview with people that no longer work in Kalamazoo

I said I needed to continue drs appts in ann arbor was told that is fine, and then denied when I was an actual employee

Insurance Verification Billing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Kalamazoo, MI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kalamazoo, MI

I applied online. The process took 3 days - interviewed at Accretive Health in November 2010.

initial contact was application online than a phone call, than one to one interview hired same day

Interview Questions
    • where do you see yourself in five years   View Answer
    just 2 questions regarding my requested start rate and than they countered and we made an agreement

Senior Software Developer Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a day - interviewed at Accretive Health in June 2013.

Was very disappointed with the interview questions. The behavioral ones were fine but went downhill from there. Started off with a phone interview, and first the interviewer had a very very thick accent, to the point where I couldn't understand him, and had to ask him to repeat many of the questions. Second he had many technical questions, some were very fair, but others were completely irrelevant trivia. One example would be, what .Net library is SQLConnection in? Luckily I knew the answer but questions like that are a huge red flag. I tried to ask about the work environment, company culture, and got very canned vague answers. I'll admit I was a bit put off, I got a callback but declined to pursue further.

Operations Lead Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Detroit, MI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Detroit, MI

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Accretive Health in February 2009.

This process was smooth but involved several rounds of interviews and a lot of negotiating.

Serious negotiation on all points.

Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Accretive Health.

The interview process provided a glimpse of the work environment at Accretive...the schedule kept changing, everyone I was to meet with was busy and ran late, and I spent a long time between interviews just cooling my heels in the lobby waiting for my next meeting to turn up.

Interview Questions
    • Pretty vanilla questions, no real curveballs or tricks.   Answer Question
    Came in with a strong offer, didn't negotiate a whole lot on salary, but did move a little on amount of stock options offered.

Contract Modeler Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

The process took 6+ weeks - interviewed at Accretive Health.

It was pretty standard. Basically going through your work and educational history. Typically interviews are with about 3-4 people in a row and around 30 minutes each, so less intense than a lot of the companies I've interviewed for. I'm sure the reason being is that this company's employees can often be overworked and also the organization is highly organized.

Interview Questions
    • The most difficult question was how do you react when you get angry. This particular interviewer I felt tried to aggravate and pound me with questions, but I don't think it's typical. He actually recommended me later and was nice to work with. I may have answered a question too shortly in the beginning of the interview, but I'd be prepared to answer something like this question, of course with a positive spin, just in case it comes up.   Answer Question