Accretive Health

Getting the Interview

14 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Operations Lead

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Accretive Health.

Interview Details – Very quick, HR contacted me and set up an interview the next day. What do you know about RC? Why Healthcare?

Interview Question – How many ping pong balls in an airplane.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – None

Operations Lead

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Accretive Health.

Interview Details – Very unprofessional recruitment process. Became friendly and comfortable with April who was leading interviews on my campus. Extended an offer verbally at final rounds and informed me that I should expect to have a package to review two weeks later. Two and a half months later I had still not heard back from April or the company and did not get any responses to the email that I sent checking for updates. Finally, Accretive sent me a short email three months later telling me I did not get the position. Inconsiderate and poor communication.

Interview Question – All three rounds of interviews are fairly easy. 1st campus interview casual conversation, second round meet with two operation leads behavioral based questions, final round with more senior employees and also behavioral based. --- How would you react to a supervisor who didn't take your concerns seriously? Tell me about your experience with Excel. When was a time you faced adversity?   Answer Question

Flag Interview

Accretive Health Director of Talent Acquisition responded to this review

Feb 28, 2014

I understand you did not have a positive experience with Accretive Health, please understand we recently dealt with the reorganization of the company, in which many others were affected, including ... More

Very Easy Interview

Operations Lead

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Accretive Health in June 2013.

Interview Details – Interview with HR, site lead, and SVP

Interview Question – Why did I want to come to that particular site   Answer Question

Detroit, MI

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Accretive Health in February 2009.

Interview Details – This process was smooth but involved several rounds of interviews and a lot of negotiating.

Negotiation Details – Serious negotiation on all points.

Interviewed at Accretive Health

Interview Details – Standard interview process with several members of the leadership team. Done at the main office in Chicago. Certain individuals were more interested in having a casual conversation to explain more about the role and the company, while others were more formal and asked more typical interview questions. Overall it was a fairly typical interview process.

Interview Question – Describe a time when you saw an inefficient process and implemented a change to improve it   Answer Question

Nashville, TN

I applied through college or university and interviewed at Accretive Health.

Interview Details – I recently was selected for an interview on campus and based on previous hires from Vanderbilt. I did research and found the company to have some bad PR but still I was excited. While interviewing with the "VP" of Recruiting all of that interest and excitement faded. This person was completely unprofessionally, asking about what my parents did for a living is not relevant! This person also could not articulate "where" the opportunity/job would be and I was not about to sign up with a company where I had no idea where I would be working.

Interview Question – "What does your father do"   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Chicago, IL

I applied through college or university - interviewed at Accretive Health in March 2012.

Interview Details – Decent. Took forever, kept hearing they'd let me know "next week". Next week turned into never. April was always very nice but I never felt like she was being completely honest. Probably a good company to start off at but I wouldn't stick around too long. The company makes headlines somewhat often and not always for good reasons. Faulty financial statements (for 9 quarters), questionable collection practices, and hedges are dumping their stock. Do your research.

Interview Question – What do you do with your free time?   Answer Question

Operations Lead

I applied through college or university and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Accretive Health in October 2011.

Interview Details – Why healthcare? tell me about a time you failed. how do you lead a team? 4 interviews. 1st and 2nd are cultural fit interviews, 3rd and 4th are behavioral interviews. after you get your offer, you wont hear anything until your start date which sucks.

Operations Lead

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Accretive Health.

Interview Details – After speaking with the recruiter, I went through five different interviews on the same day with mostly regional stakeholders and a couple corporate HR people.

Interview Question – Are you morally OK with asking for money from someone dying in a hospital bed?   View Answer

Reason for Declining – Long, intense hours and morally questionable job responsibilities

Chicago, IL

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Accretive Health in November 2010.

Interview Details – The HR department is terribly unresponsive. I was jokingly accused of being a "stalker" by the main HR contact. The reasoning behind this? I had the audacity to call/e-mail on a weekly basis after I never heard back from the representative despite her having made a specific date/time appointment to speak with me.

Interview Question – Describe a time when you changed a process to add value   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Accretive Health

Worked for Accretive Health? Contribute to the Community!

Accretive Health Videos

Accretive Health – Why Work for Us?

Accretive Health is a highly entrepreneurial company focused on changing the way hospitals operate in the 21st Century. We are a fast-growing company built on the strongest team and technology in a unique company… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Accretive Health Operations Lead interview questions and advice. All 14 interview reviews posted anonymously by Accretive Health employees and interview candidates.