Accretive Health Operations Lead Interview Questions

Updated Aug 3, 2014

2.6

16 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Operations Lead Interview

They brought me into their office to interview with different people for different positions, even though I only applied for one position. They all seemed to be very defensive about their company even when I didn't ask about their big situation that was in the news. The interview questions were typical (e.g. why do you want to work at Accretive, describe a time when you had to persuade someone, etc.).

Interview Questions
  • The questions were all what you would expect from an interview. Nothing surprising.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Accretive Health

Operations Lead Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Accretive Health.

Very quick, HR contacted me and set up an interview the next day. What do you know about RC? Why Healthcare?

Interview Questions
    • How many ping pong balls in an airplane.   View Answer
    None

Operations Lead Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Accretive Health.

Very unprofessional recruitment process. Became friendly and comfortable with April who was leading interviews on my campus. Extended an offer verbally at final rounds and informed me that I should expect to have a package to review two weeks later. Two and a half months later I had still not heard back from April or the company and did not get any responses to the email that I sent checking for updates. Finally, Accretive sent me a short email three months later telling me I did not get the position. Inconsiderate and poor communication.

Interview Questions
    • All three rounds of interviews are fairly easy. 1st campus interview casual conversation, second round meet with two operation leads behavioral based questions, final round with more senior employees and also behavioral based. --- How would you react to a supervisor who didn't take your concerns seriously? Tell me about your experience with Excel. When was a time you faced adversity?   Answer Question

Accretive Health Response

Feb 28, 2014Director of Talent Acquisition

I understand you did not have a positive experience with Accretive Health, please understand we recently dealt with the reorganization of the company, in which many others were affected, including ... More

Operations Lead Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Accretive Health in June 2013.

Interview with HR, site lead, and SVP

Operations Lead Interview

Standard interview process with several members of the leadership team. Done at the main office in Chicago. Certain individuals were more interested in having a casual conversation to explain more about the role and the company, while others were more formal and asked more typical interview questions. Overall it was a fairly typical interview process.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time when you saw an inefficient process and implemented a change to improve it   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nashville, TN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nashville, TN

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Accretive Health.

I recently was selected for an interview on campus and based on previous hires from Vanderbilt. I did research and found the company to have some bad PR but still I was excited. While interviewing with the "VP" of Recruiting all of that interest and excitement faded. This person was completely unprofessionally, asking about what my parents did for a living is not relevant! This person also could not articulate "where" the opportunity/job would be and I was not about to sign up with a company where I had no idea where I would be working.

Operations Lead Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Accretive Health.

After speaking with the recruiter, I went through five different interviews on the same day with mostly regional stakeholders and a couple corporate HR people.

Interview Questions
    • Are you morally OK with asking for money from someone dying in a hospital bed?   View Answer

Long, intense hours and morally questionable job responsibilities

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Accretive Health in March 2012.

Decent. Took forever, kept hearing they'd let me know "next week". Next week turned into never. April was always very nice but I never felt like she was being completely honest. Probably a good company to start off at but I wouldn't stick around too long. The company makes headlines somewhat often and not always for good reasons. Faulty financial statements (for 9 quarters), questionable collection practices, and hedges are dumping their stock. Do your research.

Operations Lead Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Accretive Health in October 2011.

Why healthcare? tell me about a time you failed. how do you lead a team? 4 interviews. 1st and 2nd are cultural fit interviews, 3rd and 4th are behavioral interviews. after you get your offer, you wont hear anything until your start date which sucks.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Accretive Health in January 2011.

3 interviews total. 1 phone screen, and 2 on-site interviews where you meet with current employees (potential peers) and one senior level interviewer. Questions skewed more behavioral vs technical, but can change by position you are applying for. I was applying for the Operations Lead role and my final interview focused on "actions" and "results" - interviewer asked for examples (personal/professional) of specific actions I took and the results of those actions. If the interviews are similar then it's important to show you are accountable, organized and take initiative - as you are not always going to have much guidance on your project. It is up to you to manage your deliverables and be self-directed/ self-motivated.

Salary