Accruent

Updated Nov 9, 2014

2.9

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Accruent.

I went through the process of online tests, followed by a phone interview and another proctored test, concluding with an onsite interview with 2 different people. The interview process was pretty straightforward and mostly stuck to a script of general interview questions. One interviewer was more personable than the other but the overall vibe was good. I would have preferred to have more of a conversation than general question answering but it appeared that the two interviews were between "real" work and there wouldn't be time for that. The last part of the interview process was a discussion of benefits which seemed a bit premature given that the job was not even offered yet. Salary discussed was below industry standards and it appeared that there would be a lot of travel involved. This is a young company and as such I'm sure the interview process will mature with time.

Interview Questions
    • i don't remember the exact wording but it was similar to describe a time when you had to challenge an employee or superior?   Answer Question

QA Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Accruent.

Accruent was quick to respond and get the interview process going. My recruiter was able to give me quick answers any time that I had questions. The interviewers were able to thoroughly answer every question that I had regarding the position and the company itself.

Technical Support Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Accruent in September 2014.

I was contacted after applying by email and asked to take an online assessment test- an extremely easy personality test and a pretty straight-forward IQ test. I was contacted again via email to schedule a phone interview. Phone interview went well enough and they brought me in for a face to face. Interview was two hours in total and after taking another, somewhat harder assessment test I was interviewed by three different leaders of the team that I would be working with for 30 minutes each. Interviews were mostly friendly and easygoing and focused on my (admittedly quite sparse) past experience. One interviewer used a lot of those tricky behavioral type questions (name an ethical dilemma that you have had, etc.). Afterwards, I sat with the recruiter and she gave me the benefits, etc. spiel. Overall it was a good and fair experience. They told me that they put a lot of influence on the assessment test, so if you get past that you are definitely ahead of the curve. They contacted me about a week later to inform me that I did not get the job because of not enough technical experience, which is fair.

Interview Questions
    • Pretty standard "behavioral" style fare. They wanted you to give specific examples of past experiences and what you did to improve the situation etc.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Accruent.

bunch of easy question most developers should know. most question were non tech. most question were about my past workplaces and how I get along with people. they also have this computer test with shapes and math questions

no negotiation

Professional Services Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

I applied through other source. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Accruent in June 2014.

Very, very detail oriented, thorough and tough interview process - but totally fair in all respects. I felt completely challenged from the first contact, the assessment and the on-site interviews. No two interviews were the same nor repetitive in nature, so it was a well-orchestrated event.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me what the person who likes you the least would say about you?   Answer Question

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Accruent.

Online and then on site IQ test. Invited for on-site interviews and then received offer over the phone. The people were very nice an mostly asked that you did before and try to determine if you will fit with the company culture.

No negotiation

Support Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Accruent.

Applied, took test, first interview with HR, second interview with team.

Interview Questions

Salary is under average (very low).

Associate Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Accruent.

I applied online through the Accruent website. I received an email two days later letting me know they were interesting in beginning the interview process based upon my resume and work experience. I received a link to their online assessment and personality test. You have 15 mins to finish the personality portion and 15 mins to complete the 50 question assessment. The personality test is standard, and the assessment is SAT style questions.

Once submitted, I received an email from the recruiter thanking me for taking the test and that they would be in touch with further steps. I received an email about a week later saying that they decided to go with another candidate.

As mentioned by other people, Accruent does not release your test results or let you know why they decide to go with someone else. I thought the assessment was fairly easy. So my conclusion is that either I'm not as intelligent as I thought, or that my personality was not a good fit for the company.

My overall interaction with Accruent was pretty short. The tests weren't terribly time consuming and I didn't really feel like I wasted my time.

Front Office Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Accruent in December 2013.

My initial contact with Accruent was professional and inviting. All of the people I met with during the interview process showed a genuine enjoyment of their jobs. Very refreshing!

Interview Questions
    • I was asked what my thoughts were on an 'Ideal Office Culture.' This intrigued me, as I have not found many companies that have even a little focus on that. Surprised but appreciated.   Answer Question
    Simple and straight-forward.

Software Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

I applied online. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at Accruent in November 2013.

I found the job posting on craigslist and send in an application. A few days later I received an email asking me to take an assessment test online. The test was mostly personality based, although the last, timed, half is devoted to logic questions. A couple of days after taking the test initially I was asked to take a proctored version of the test to verify that I didn't have anyone helping me. From there, I was invited to the office to do face-to-face interviews with 3 different people that lasted about 30 to 45 minutes each, culminating in an interview with the director of the current project. The recruiter kept in touch with me and a couple of months after the initial interview I was asked to take a separate assessment focused on inter-office politics/relations which ended up being the last part of the process.

Interview Questions
    • How did you turn a negative event while working on a team into a positive experience.   View Answer
    I didn't negotiate, but don't know if there was an option to or not. The offer they sent me was well beyond my expectations already.