Accruent

Updated Nov 9, 2014

2.9

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Accruent.

I went through the process of online tests, followed by a phone interview and another proctored test, concluding with an onsite interview with 2 different people. The interview process was pretty straightforward and mostly stuck to a script of general interview questions. One interviewer was more personable than the other but the overall vibe was good. I would have preferred to have more of a conversation than general question answering but it appeared that the two interviews were between "real" work and there wouldn't be time for that. The last part of the interview process was a discussion of benefits which seemed a bit premature given that the job was not even offered yet. Salary discussed was below industry standards and it appeared that there would be a lot of travel involved. This is a young company and as such I'm sure the interview process will mature with time.

Interview Questions
    • i don't remember the exact wording but it was similar to describe a time when you had to challenge an employee or superior?   Answer Question

QA Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Accruent.

Accruent was quick to respond and get the interview process going. My recruiter was able to give me quick answers any time that I had questions. The interviewers were able to thoroughly answer every question that I had regarding the position and the company itself.

Technical Support Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Accruent in September 2014.

I was contacted after applying by email and asked to take an online assessment test- an extremely easy personality test and a pretty straight-forward IQ test. I was contacted again via email to schedule a phone interview. Phone interview went well enough and they brought me in for a face to face. Interview was two hours in total and after taking another, somewhat harder assessment test I was interviewed by three different leaders of the team that I would be working with for 30 minutes each. Interviews were mostly friendly and easygoing and focused on my (admittedly quite sparse) past experience. One interviewer used a lot of those tricky behavioral type questions (name an ethical dilemma that you have had, etc.). Afterwards, I sat with the recruiter and she gave me the benefits, etc. spiel. Overall it was a good and fair experience. They told me that they put a lot of influence on the assessment test, so if you get past that you are definitely ahead of the curve. They contacted me about a week later to inform me that I did not get the job because of not enough technical experience, which is fair.

Interview Questions
    • Pretty standard "behavioral" style fare. They wanted you to give specific examples of past experiences and what you did to improve the situation etc.   Answer Question

Executive Assistant Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Accruent in September 2014.

They called me for a phone interview, which went well, then asked me to take a proctored test. It was hard with my current job, but I found time to take it on my lunch break. After that I NEVER heard from them again. Even after emailing the recruiter to check the status of my application. It seemed so promising at first.

Interview Questions
    • The questions that say "What was some process that you thought of to help out the company?" Not everyone has come up with something like that so most people lie.   Answer Question

Storage Engineer Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Accruent.

Started with not one, but two aptitude tests, which I've never heard of someone doing before. Then 3 rounds of interviews. The folks I interviewed with were very sharp and the process was enjoyable.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing unexpected. Mostly standard "talk about a time you had a conflict with your boss" type questions.   Answer Question

The expected offer was already lower than market rate, but the official offer was even lower. They specifically told me they took money out of the offer. Seemed like a very shady way to start work for a new company.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Accruent.

bunch of easy question most developers should know. most question were non tech. most question were about my past workplaces and how I get along with people. they also have this computer test with shapes and math questions

no negotiation

Account Executive Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Accruent in July 2014.

First, I took the aptitude test online. After the test, I did a phone screen with the recruiter, Lindsey. She was great - very helpful and was able to answer all my questions.

Second, I re-took the test proctored via WebEx.

Third, I did the first interview via WebEx. A few days later, I was scheduled for a "final interview" - I interviewed with two more people as well as a benefits review with Lindsey.

I thought the interviews went great, but was told I didn't get the position because of lack of experience. I really wish they would have saved all the time involved in this process if they didn't think I was qualified from the beginning. Other than that, my experience was great!

At the start of this process, Lindsey told me that the start date was in three weeks so I think this helped accelerate the interview schedule. However, they did not let me know that I didn't get the job until about 1 week before the start date and told me that they've had people relocate in as little as three days. I think they could be more considerate of potential employees time.

Interview Questions
    • Long term career goals, Tell us about a time where you saw that something needed to be changed and did something about it   Answer Question

Software Engineering Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Accruent.

First there was a personality test and a logic/basic math/verbal test. After that, there was a situational multiple choice test and I also had to repeat the logic/basic math/verbal test under supervision. After completion of the last test I was given an interview where I talked with two senior engineers.

Interview Questions
    • One question they asked was "what does integrity mean to you?"   Answer Question
    pay was $14/hr for me

Professional Services Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

I applied through other source. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Accruent in June 2014.

Very, very detail oriented, thorough and tough interview process - but totally fair in all respects. I felt completely challenged from the first contact, the assessment and the on-site interviews. No two interviews were the same nor repetitive in nature, so it was a well-orchestrated event.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me what the person who likes you the least would say about you?   Answer Question

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Accruent.

Online and then on site IQ test. Invited for on-site interviews and then received offer over the phone. The people were very nice an mostly asked that you did before and try to determine if you will fit with the company culture.

No negotiation