Accruent

61 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Senior Marketing Communications Manager Interview

Senior Marketing Communications Manager

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Accruent in September 2013.

Interview Details – I was referred by an employee and like others mention here, was asked to take the online assessments (personality and SAT style) without having spoken to anyone else at the company. None of the SAT-like questions have anything to do with marketing and I kept muttering to myself "who cares when the trains will meet" when reading the questions. I'm a horrible test taker anyway so I wasn't too excited about another SAT test (that I thought I would never have to take again).

Like others have referred to, I got back a "thanks but no thanks" note with no explanation why. I was surprised that an employee referral didn't get more consideration. In the end, I think it was a dodged bullet. I really don't want to work for a company that only sees me as a number that fits in with other numbers. I'd rather be evaluated on my marketing skills and what I can deliver to the company. You can't glean those things from a test.

Interview Question – Most unexpected is email communication only with no human interaction.   Answer Question

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Senior Software Engineer

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Accruent.

Interview Details – Simple phone about basic C# work. Then a in person interview with the hiring manager and one of the software engineers. Some C/C++ memory management questions and a question about how to implement a fast anagram solution.

Interview Question – The anagram question was the most unexpected   Answer Question

Support Engineer Interview

Support Engineer
Austin, TX

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Accruent.

Interview Details – Applied, took test, first interview with HR, second interview with team.

Interview Question – What is your process to solve a problem?   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Salary is under average (very low).

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Associate Project Manager Interview

Associate Project Manager
Austin, TX

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Accruent.

Interview Details – I applied online through the Accruent website. I received an email two days later letting me know they were interesting in beginning the interview process based upon my resume and work experience. I received a link to their online assessment and personality test. You have 15 mins to finish the personality portion and 15 mins to complete the 50 question assessment. The personality test is standard, and the assessment is SAT style questions.

Once submitted, I received an email from the recruiter thanking me for taking the test and that they would be in touch with further steps. I received an email about a week later saying that they decided to go with another candidate.

As mentioned by other people, Accruent does not release your test results or let you know why they decide to go with someone else. I thought the assessment was fairly easy. So my conclusion is that either I'm not as intelligent as I thought, or that my personality was not a good fit for the company.

My overall interaction with Accruent was pretty short. The tests weren't terribly time consuming and I didn't really feel like I wasted my time.

Interview Question – Did not have an in-house interview.   Answer Question

Associate Project Manager Interview

Associate Project Manager
Austin, TX

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Accruent in September 2013.

Interview Details – I found the interview process to be pretty logical - you send in your resume, if they like it they send you an aptitude test and personality test to determine if you're a good fit. If you're a fit, only then do you proceed to the time-consuming phone and face-to-face portion of the hiring process. They're not interested in wasting their time or yours. (note: tests have been reduced from 90 minutes to 30 or so)

By the time you're in the office meeting people face to face (or via webcam), they're already explaining the benefits to you and showing off the break room/game room, etc., so you get the feeling that if you've made it that far, you probably have an offer coming.

Interview Question – They asked if I had ever been in a situation where I felt my integrity was tested by a coworker or manager, and how I handled the situation.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation on salary. Start date is relatively fixed (generally first full week of each month).

Software Associate Interview

Software Associate
Austin, TX

I applied online and the process took 4 months - interviewed at Accruent in November 2013.

Interview Details – I found the job posting on craigslist and send in an application. A few days later I received an email asking me to take an assessment test online. The test was mostly personality based, although the last, timed, half is devoted to logic questions. A couple of days after taking the test initially I was asked to take a proctored version of the test to verify that I didn't have anyone helping me. From there, I was invited to the office to do face-to-face interviews with 3 different people that lasted about 30 to 45 minutes each, culminating in an interview with the director of the current project. The recruiter kept in touch with me and a couple of months after the initial interview I was asked to take a separate assessment focused on inter-office politics/relations which ended up being the last part of the process.

Interview Question – How did you turn a negative event while working on a team into a positive experience.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I didn't negotiate, but don't know if there was an option to or not. The offer they sent me was well beyond my expectations already.

Senior Marketing Communications Manager Interview

Senior Marketing Communications Manager

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Accruent in January 2014.

Interview Details – I applied online and less than 15 minutes later, I received an email from an Accruent recruiter. He sent me a link to take an online assessment test as part of the interview process. The assessment test was divided into two parts. The first part was a personality quiz (no time limit). The second part was a 50-question aptitude test with a 15-minute time limit. I received an email acknowledging my test completion. Almost two weeks later, I received an email from the same recruiter letting me know that the company selected another candidate. The company did not reveal my results, nor did they explain what about my application was less desirable than another candidate's application. I can only assume that (1) they did not like my personality or (2) I am not as intelligent as I thought I was.

Interview Question – Personality questions included energy level, positive outlook, how manipulative are you, do you get depressed, and other indicators. Aptitude questions included pattern sequence, word association, and algebra questions.   Answer Question

Account Executive Interview

Account Executive

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Accruent.

Interview Details – Seamless and very upfront interview process!!

I applied online and within a week, received an email from the recruiter Lindsey containing a link to an online assessment (the assessment expires within 5 days of receiving the email). The assessment consists of two, timed parts; one is SAT type questions and the other is a personality test.

The scores of the assessment are not shared, however, if you do well enough the recruiter will contact you back, asking some initial interview questions about your interest in the company, qualifications, etc. After this Lindsey took the information provided and contacted me within a few days to set up an interview with the Regional Manager. Because I do not live in Texas, this interview was set up via webcam and a teleconference (which was a first for me, but actually a very comfortable interview process). There were also arrangements for me to take a second assessment. This time only the SAT type questions were given, and proctored via the webcam.

Once the scores were verified between the intial assessment and the second assessment, and the feedback came back from the first interview, I was contacted by Lindsey to set up a final set of interviews. These consisted of one interview with the VP of Sales, a brief overview of the company benefits with Lindsey, and then a closing interview with the VP of Strategic Programs.

After a few days of gathering all of the feedback of the entire interview process, Lindsey called me with a verbal offer from the company, and a written offer soon after. Overall, if this company is a direct reflection of their interview process, then they really have great things and people in place. No doubt, this is the best interview process that I have ever been involved in.

Interview Question – Tell me about a time that you saw the need to make a change within the company that you worked for, but needed some sort of financial backing in order to achieve results?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation. Base salary is set.

Front Office Coordinator Interview

Front Office Coordinator
Austin, TX

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Accruent in December 2013.

Interview Details – My initial contact with Accruent was professional and inviting. All of the people I met with during the interview process showed a genuine enjoyment of their jobs. Very refreshing!

Interview Question – I was asked what my thoughts were on an 'Ideal Office Culture.' This intrigued me, as I have not found many companies that have even a little focus on that. Surprised but appreciated.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Simple and straight-forward.

Very Difficult Interview

Account Executive Interview

Account Executive
Austin, TX

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Accruent in June 2012.

Interview Details – 2 hour online aptitude assessment, before two rounds of phone interviews. Prior to the all day interview onsite at corporate HQ, applicants are required to take a condensed version of the aptitude test with an Accruent rep in the room.

Interview Question – Standard sales interview questions, nothing too wild   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Salary was fixed and they said that their relationship with their backing private equity firm limited the salary.