Accsell

Updated Nov 26, 2014
Updated Nov 26, 2014

2.2

Entry Level - Account Executive Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6 daysinterviewed at Accsell in November 2014.

I was first contacted by the HR representative for an initial screening interview. It was a simple 15 min. interview conducted at their temporary office. They covered an overview of the position and the company. The screening interview was used mostly as an opportunity to get to know you. In my opinion, they were trying to get a feel for first impressions and personality. They planned on bringing about 15% of the initial participants back for a 2nd interview. I got my call later that day and schedule an interview for the following week. I met with a Senior Account Executive in an one-on-one interview. We drove to a coffee shop where I had a more traditional interview. I am still waiting for a call back.

Interview Questions
    • The 2nd interview questions consisted of:
      1 - Three things you're good at.
      2 - A quality that a friend would say you have.
      3 - Do you hate to lose or love to win?
      4 - What is your motivation for success?
      5 - Do you have a professional idol?
      6 - How would you resolve self-conflict?
      7 - Are you an independent thinker or easily influenced?
      8 - Name an obstacle you have overcome.

There were two other questions that I could not remember.

Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Accsell in May 2014.

I received an email yesterday morning saying that the company owner had seen my resume and wanted me to come in for an interview. I set it up for today. It was a complete waste of my time. It was less than 20 minutes - he said it was just to get to know me to see if I would be a good fit for the team.

The company itself seems very shady. I did some research before I went, and what I found was not encouraging. It's basically door to door sales and cold calling for AT&T UVerse. The company is also looking to expand its business to Verizon and other similar companies.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing was difficult - just basic small talk and getting-to-know-you questions.   Answer Question

Entry Level Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cleveland, OH

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Accsell in January 2014.

three round of interviews - first interview was pretty short seemed like they were judging to see if I had basic qualifications and if it was a good personality fit considering it is a sales job, 2nd interview was a lot more in depth I liked that there was a complete overview of why they do the work that they do - it helped me see the big picture, the third round interview went over what I grasped from the second round and clarified any questions I had

Interview Questions
    • I dont remember a lot of specifics I know they asked a lot about my goals, where I see myself in five years, what motivates me, they also asked about different types of marketing and what experiences I have had that would relate to the position   Answer Question
    very quick turnaround, I was able to start within a week which was great because I had just graduated from college and was looking to start immediately

Entry Level Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Westlake, OH

I applied through other source. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Accsell.

They initially contacted me via monster.com through email. The email said that I matched what they were looking for in an entry level account manager position and to call for an interview if interested. I called their HR rep who explained to me that they were a marketing firm for Fortune 500 companies and the position I was applying for was a management training role. That sounded interesting so I agreed to an interview the following day. The office seemed a bit unprofessional; everything seemed cheaply made including the doors, the chairs, the desks, it gave off a weird vibe. I met with one of their executives for about 10 minutes and he explained to me that they were a marketing firm looking for competitive, fun loving people. Any question I had about pay or benefits he ignored saying they would cover that in a follow up interview. He told me he would call me back in a couple of hours if he decided to go with me for a second interview. He called me and said I matched what they wanted and went in for a second interview. During this second interview I learned what this place was all about: door-to-door salesman. That's the long and short of it. The title of "entry level account manager" was a complete misnomer; the way you become a manger is after 12 months you are expected to start your own company. If you don't mind being a door-to-door salesman for AT&T (they only do work for AT&T and strangely enough they aren't allowed to advertise that on their website) than this job is probably for you. But don't be fooled into thinking it's anything except a door-to-door salesman.

Interview Questions
    • They really wasn't any difficult or unexpected question, just the typical "your best strength"/"biggest weakness"   View Answer

Account Manager Interview

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Accsell in May 2013.

Initial phone interview, next day was second interview and the following day was the third interview.

Interview Questions
    • If your best friend was here with us, what word would they use to describe you?   Answer Question

Hours were from 11 to 7, and pay was very little for the amount of work you have to do. Walking up to strangers homes and trying to sell is not what I was looking to do.

Account Executive Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Accsell.

Left a message about position opening. Called back and spoke on the phone with HR about the position and they asked if I would be interested in an interview the next day. I accepted and went in for a quick 10 minute interview. Not a great one but I got a call back for a second round interview the very next day. It lasted about an hour and half and they called that night to offer me the job.

Interview Questions
    • None. Very standard and straightforward interview questions.   Answer Question

Not my type of job as essentially a door to door salesmen. Had better options. Company culture seemed ok though and the management training was enticing.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Westlake, OH

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Accsell in January 2013.

Applied online. received a call the next day to set up interview. First interview was 10 min. asked "about me" questions and why i wanted the position. I was invited back for a second interview. Second interview was about 2 hours at a coffee shop with one of the employees. He told me a little bit more about the company, but would not tell me what i would be doing exactly. found out later it was a door to door cable salesman position.

Entry Level Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Westlake, OH

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Accsell in January 2013.

Contacted me not even 24 hours after my application. Very scripted greeting and method to bring candidates in. First interview only lasted maybe 15 minutes and there were many people waiting in the lobby. Second interview was with a team leader and much more in-depth.

Interview Questions
    • Typical interview questions. How do you handle difficult situations. Have you trained others before. Where do you see yourself in five years.   Answer Question
    No negotiations, pay is mainly on commissions and very long hours.

Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Westlake, OH

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Accsell in October 2012.

I got a call for an interview. Sounded like it was in my field. I came in for the interview and met with a young guy who owned the company. He seems like he knows what he is doing despite his age. The interview was not difficult and all my questions were answered. I was invited back for a second round where I sat down with a Sr. Account Exec and they explained the opportunity in more detail; sounded like my kind of atmosphere. I am not a person who expects things for nothing and this company offers advancement based on performance.

I had options.

El Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cleveland, OH

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Accsell in August 2012.

Called by a girl following a script- "you have to come for an interview tomorrow, it is the last day of interviews" . This company plus Ire Magna, Lakeshore Marketing, and others are "outsourcing sales". The recruiters all follow a similar hard presurre script. I did not go to the interview because I was not born yesterday.

Interview Questions
    • Having 3 different "sales outsourcing" places running the same script recruiting interview. I feel bad for people who waste time with this sort of stuff.   View Answer